logo

Posted:

Awful customer service

Optical Express
opticalexpress.com
I brought a frame from optical express and i had to return to them to get them re adjusted on two occassions they overheated them and snapped them. they refused a replacement until i had to faught a lot but they made me wait for them for two weeks. i was given no monies or offered anything for the inconvience apart from £40 after a lot of complainning. i am trying to fight for a refund but having no luck i believe i am entitled to this due to the awful service and inconvenience.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I don't understand this complaint...ok you had to fight to get a replacement that's not good BUT if you've had the frames replaced why do you want money back? It was your choice to take the frames back in for re-adjustment which puts the adjustment at your own risk. Basically you've got a pair of glasses and £40 back, be grateful because legally you don't have a genuine complaint and it sounds like you want something for nothing.
 4th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Do not use optical express. It's a sales gimmick when they say you'll see again. I'm in a much worse situation now I've had it.
I had laser eye surgery where they cut a flap and laser. It left me long sighted after being short sighted and needing to wear glasses for everything apart from driving. I need glasses whilst cooking, eating, shopping, using my computer, looking at the phone, watching tv, seeing my face in the mirror, seeing people clearly who I'm talking to, choosing clothes from my wardrobe. On top of this my eyes have become very dry and sunshine causes pain. Wearing sunglasses isn't really an option as I need glasses to see. They refuse to refund me because they have offered surgery to correct my vision. The surgery they are offering is guaranteed to worsen my dry eye and will not necessarily work. It also means having a procedure that lasers straight onto the eye and a 2 week recovery. I'm stupid but not that stupid. I don't want these people to damage me further and cause me more pain.
therefore after paying for laser eye surgery I need to wear glasses all the time (now I wear varifocals). Lenses cost me £380.
They refuse to refund me. The aftercare is appauling.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY