logo

Wont give me my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Open Business Directory, Ltd / Yellow-Page-Usa.com, Boston, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - fraud online subscription - Yellow-Page-USA.com

Open Business Directory, Ltd / Yellow-Page-Usa.com Contacts & Informations

225 Franklin St, 26th floor
Boston, Massachusetts
Phone: 888-516-3083
yellow-page-usa.com
They sent a fax to our company on 9/2011 requesting updated information about our company. I faxed back with big words that state remove our # from all list! Thank you. I check the box to be removed from their fax list also. They called me 9/7/2011, 10/10/2011, 4/20/12 & 5/30/12. Each time I told them we did not order any subscription services from them and to send me proof. They said I need to cancel with them first & I REFUSED, because that would say that I am agreeing with them. Do Not approve anything. Prepare "stop" letters and mail to the address listed on their website & the address in Moscow. Do not give any authorized person's name, not even yours, hang up. They tried calling on other phone lines, too. Go to the BBB, as of today they have 448 complaints. Keep a log of your calls with dates, conversation held, names and any paper trail for any future legal action.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Sep, 2012 by   sarahoscam 0 Votes
On July 23rd I received a fax at work. It was a 1 page document that appeared to be a yellow page update for our listing. Our business information was already partially filled in on the document. In order to be efficient I filled it out while standing at the fax machine and sent it back to the number provided. I never gave this another thought. Three weeks later my manager received a bill from "Yellow-Page-USA.com" in the amount of $1, 188.00. She then contacted our corporate office because she had no knowledge of the bill. She was directed to write "Management did not authorize" across the bill and fax it to the number provided. She did this immediately. On the 19th of September she received another bill with the previous amount of $1, 188.00 plus a new "reminder charge" of $50 now making the total bill $1, 238.00. We contacted the company "Open Business Directory Ltd" and asked what the bill was pertaining to. They explained that a contract was signed and services were rendered. We asked for the contract to be sent to us so that we could see it. The contract in question was the partially filled out form that I had received in July. I myself am not authorized to sign anything on behalf of the company, nor to speak on its behalf or authorize any new contracts and I am the one that mistakenly signed this “contract”. There was never any account number provided to me; not a single inquiry from the time this form was filled out and sent, to the time of billing. I am 100% positive that this is a scam. I have never heard of a business providing a service to ANYONE without first receiving some sort of payment as well as singing formal legal documents. Our company has not provided these people with any kind of compensation nor do they intend to. This company models its paperwork so that they appear to be a business that most people are familiar with (The Yellow Pages). Our company did not pursue any kind of business with Open Business Directory at any point; we have become the victim of a scam that is obviously rampant throughout the United States and Canada. There are over 700 complaints filed with the BBB and all of them are nearly identical situations to ours.
Just this morning (9/26/2012) I was finally able to get ahold of someone at Open business directory. I spoke with a woman by the name of Nadia at 10:25 this morning. I explained that we are receiving bills and do not have any intention of paying for them. I asked for her Employee Number, she said she does not have one. I then asked for her Employee ID, she also replied that she doesn’t have that either. I asked how I could get ahold of her again she said I can’t. She then said she “sent the cancellation to the company where the contract comes from”. I explained that she was very vague and argumentative and asked when I would be contacted by Open Business Directory and her exact answer was “they do not make any outgoing calls”. I am in disbelief at how much of a scam this is and I am concerned about what will happen next. Unfortunately this incident occurred at work and now I am in a very uncomfortable position as far as my job is concerned. I hope this can be resolved quickly so that I am still in good standing with my corporation.
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   Mad about scams 0 Votes
This is a total scam company. I was taken in by the "Free with your listing" at the top of the fax I received. I filled out the info they requested and received a bill for $1188.00. I called immediately and said that I did not order any thing that had a cost with their company. I have gotten several threatening letters. I Sent a letter stating that I would not pay their invoices that this is not a legal contract. I received no response . I have had trouble contacting anyone by phone. The company is from Dubai with an office in Boston I am not even sure if this is a legal.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   sarahoscam 0 Votes
In regards to a solution: I have taken the advice I have received from the Florida Department of Agriculture and so many other organizations that I reached out to which is; DO NOT send any money, RECORD everything and keep a file of any and all contact. That is what I have done and luckily I still have my job. Our CEO took this issue very seriously, I was placed on probation and a large amount of the authority I had at work was taken from me. Unfortunately there is not another solution to this issue. This company will continue to open and close virtual offices all over the world as they scam one business after another.
 17th of Dec, 2013 by   gloria wessels 0 Votes
I received a fax in October from Yellow-page-usa.com and saw the free page on facebook offer. I circled it and fill out the informaion and faxed it back signed on Oct 15, 20113. I had just been to a seminar that suggested that we use facebook to promote our business. The fine print at the bottom of the fax was hardly readable but it looked liked the cost was $.00 per month. On Nov 11 I received a bill for $1188. and just ignored it as I had made no such agreement. Then I received an overdue reminder in early December. I called the Boston office and was told that they only respond by e mail and that I might be able to come to terms with them. I sent three emails and have had no response. I did receive a fax showing my signature on the contract with the free facebook offer circled. With it was a second page which very legible stated the terms of the contract. I had apparantly agreed to pay for $1188 for two years and the full amount is due at the beginning of each year. In addition if I do not want to renew this contract I must cancel by registered letter at least three months prior to the renewal date or else the contract will be extended a further year. At this point I am sending them nothing. I have made a complaint with the MO Attorney General's office yesterday and will wait to hear from them. They are very sly The leagal head office is in Dubai.
 2nd of May, 2014 by   majik2014 0 Votes
I cant believe that these people havent been stopped or noone can do anything about this, The yellow pages is a free listing, Can we get together to get one of the TV networks to do a special and get enough people to stop sending money, The problem is that most honest people get a bill and they pay it most of the time when they have several properties they just pay and dont look into it, Just like my boss lady did. lets get together and try to stop these scammers
 21st of Jul, 2014 by   KristH 0 Votes
I just got scammed by this company as well and I feel like a total idiot. It is the same story as many of you have posted. We are not sending any money, however are concerned if this company has been able to affect credit or sue in regards to the "signed contract" Any outcomes or good action pland in your similar situation that you can share?

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups