logo

Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
3. (2 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.
4. (19 mins ago)
Scam product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ontario Energy Group, Mississauga, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - Waterless tank

Ontario Energy Group Contacts & Informations

Ontario Energy Group

Posted:    Taking back power

Waterless tank

ONTARIO ENERGY GROUP
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada
Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a less than agreeable experience with the company ONTARIO ENERGY GROUP, based in Oakville. It's been a few months now since they came to install their waterless tank. Ever since signing the contract with them, it's been a constant battle. They left us without hot water in minus 20 degree weather in Feb. Since then We've had problems with the furnace and all of a sudden no one is accessible at the company. I'm tired of companies offering services to the public (scams)then once a contract is signed they don't return your phone calls and all of a sudden you don't exist. It's been seven months and we don't even have a copy of the contract and our warranty. I'm just wondering what experiences others have had with this company. I know companies change their names and operate under different umbrella's. There needs to be some serious change in laws and regulations. As a consumer I feel I've been left without any rights and no where to turn to.
Comments Canada Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Dec, 2010 by   ZB1 0 Votes
I recently used OEG to do a furnace installation and window replacement as well. The guys who did the actually work were great, efficient and professional. However, the followup service was terrible. When the furnace was installed, they were unable to hookup back my humidifier and the salesman said he would send his expert. It took almost 2 months with repeated calls to have the expert come out and get it working. Initially the salesman did a great job of convincing us that we needed to replace our windows. Then we though about it and decided to do only one room instead of the whole house. Glad we did that. The windows look great, but we cannot say that we notice the room being any less cold. We were also told that the windows would be Zone D windows, but they were not. (Zone D are those made for the Great North area). The thing that is really starting to get me annoyed is that I have not received my receipts as yet, and I need these to complete the energy audit to claim my rebates! Almost 2 months now and they still can't seem to mail them out to me despite promises (and they reveived payment immediately)! At the end of it all, I've learnt a valuable lesson in choosing companies and will never recommend OEG to anyone to use. The BBB also has them listed with a F rating.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Taking back power 0 Votes
I can really sympathize with you, as I myself have yet to receive any receipt and or documentation (not to mention my warranty), and it is close to a year! Which is why I posted my complaint. I'm still waiting!!!I've been emailing the "Operations Manager", Mark Treger. He has yet to provide anything. The only good thing that came out of it, is that I made him put things in writing and email it to me. This is the only solace I've had, otherwise I would have lost my sanity with these people a long time ago. The excuse that I received for the down right incompetent and unprofessional manner in which they conduct their business, has been quite pathetic in my humble opinion. The reason I hadn't received any information was because the company had moved and they were unable to locate the documents. Yeah right! He was going to locate everything and send them to me ASAP...this was August.

I agree with you in that, the guys that are doing the installation are very efficient and really professional. I don't fault them one bit, they are doing their job to the best of their ability. The follow up at OEG is non existent. I told Mark Treger, that he's running a cash grab business. The sales people come, they do a great job of convincing that you need their product, that their product is the best, that you will be saving in the long run. As soon as you sign on the dotted line, they are very quick about processing payments and taking your money...after they have your money, you might as well not exist! You never hear back from them! I've had to waste my valuable time and compromise my sanity to get these people to do the minimum. It's sad to think that company can pride itself on being barely mediocre. It's a wonder to me how they are still in business. I regret purchasing their product. What I wonder is...is it legal to withhold a contract from someone? Are we not legally entitled to have a copy of the contract and receipt? Can you imagine, all of the people that have been scammed! I can imagine there's a few too many out there.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Anton Kuerti 0 Votes
In April Ontario Energy Group installed a new furnace for me, promising to put a high end excellent humidifier on. Turns out what they put on retails for $125 and is an absurd energy-wasting flow-thru type, which throws at least a litre of hot water into the drain every hour and does not raise the house humidity to even 20%. I now have a stand alone humidifier which gets the humidity up to 40%. I have been trying to reach them by phone and email for three weeks, and nobody has returned my calls. This is obviously a totally negligent company which does not respond to complaints after they have ashed the cheque. In fairness, they did send out a technician a month ago, who offered no remedy and said that is the way these flow-thru humidifiers work. For a company that bases its advertising on saving energy, using this type of humidifier this is a gross deception and an environmental atrocity.
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Taking back power 0 Votes
Hi there,

Again, so sorry to hear that yet another person is being ripped off by this company. I've just today sent another email requesting my copy of the contract, receipt of purchase and extended warranty. I've been requesting this documentation for get this, A YEAR!!! I wish that the public knew about this company and how it operates before handing over their hard earned money, not to mention their trust. The government should have more protection rights for the consumer, we are clearly getting the short end of the stick.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   GaryG 0 Votes
I am having the same experience. My furnace is struggling to stay on. I serviced the flame sensor and it seemed to fix the issue but after a few hours the same problem. I need some service. I am not sure what kind of warranty can i expect on a furnace that was installed a year ago. I don't have the original documentation as the previous owner installed it but it's fairly new. This is a goodman high efficiency furnace. I called OEB and no one's manning their phone lines.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   geturfacstraitfirst 0 Votes
Well Ive had no compaints on my new furnace ( modulating )OR new watertank EXCELLENT my gas bill reduced from 249 - $98 in the winter months and my my furnace was only 7 yrs but used an ac motor the new uses a brushless dc motor which uses less hydro along with my new A/C hydro was reduced HUGE from 326 - only 131 the summer my old appliances used so much hydro i was pulling my hair out now hdro prices are going up 3.7 and - 7.3 % I feel really bad for those still dealing with their old. New tech really helps the old was fine 10 yrs ago when utillity prices were so low. And as far as contracts there is none they are purchase agreement showing what you purchased and the amount and warranty is done on line but still get full warranty from OEG for 10 yrs and Sooooo i wounder how many of these blogs are from Direct Energy employees considering DE wanted me to keep my old single stage furnace and 20 yr OLD water tank which DE said was new and the best ( lie ) single stage is only 80% efficient my new is 98% eff and UP to standards DE only wanted to continue to rent old crap to me AND if i got new from DE it was 8000$ at 9.9 % intrest for ONLY the FIST 3 months after that 19.9 N O T H A N K S but i did just fine I was tired of paying a cont rental on somthing i would NEVER own
REGARDS from NIAGARA
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   geturfacstraitfirst 0 Votes
OEG There are no payments up front only if you choose to pay that way by cheque and still no payments are made up front like my name says it all get your facs strait. Thanks OEG better than MR FURNACE wanted to sell me some old stock that was out dated for 5600 what a joke p.s mine was under 5000
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   Taking back power 0 Votes

Get the facts straight:

It's nice to see that there's at least 1% of the consumer population that is satisfied with the business practices of the Ontario Energy Group. The issues posted here ARE factual, they are individual cases and experiences with this company. I'm sure your facts are straight because it was YOUR experience with OEG.
Do yourself and the rest of us a favour, don't diminish our experiences as un factual just because you've experienced a different level of service. Consider yourself lucky!
Don't you think the rest of us would have wanted the same? Unfortunately we've had to deal with situations beyond our control. If our comments are so un factual, than maybe The Better Business Bureau along with so many other consumers are just saying nonsense for the hell of it. We have nothing better to do than write slander about OEG? Get a grip!

That FACTS ARE:

1) Most of us that have posted HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THE SERVICE AND OR PRODUCT
2) The facts are ...MY PHONE CALLS HAVE BEEN DODGED OR NOT RETURNED WHEN WANTING ANSWERS FROM OEG
3) I HAVE WAITED A YEAR FOR MY DOCUMENTS, yes I FINALLY RECEIVED THE CONTRACT... after a year!!!

My extended warranty can't be purchased on line, as it was promised to me for a botch job done when installing my furnace the first time. My family and I were left for 4 days without hot water in -20 degree weather in the middle of February. I had to call everyday to get someone out to my house to finish the job. No one from this company bothered to realize that a whole family without hot water in the middle of February was an emergency. THIS IS A FACT.
So getyourfacts straight, just as you are free to speak your mind...I presume that I am also privy to that right...this is a free country, last I checked... right?
Or do you want to get that fact checked as well?
We don't have to agree, but you can at least give us the respect and freedom to talk about our experiences without calling us liars.

P.S: CHeck out the Better Business Bureau ...the fact is that they have an F rating...I called and talked to some one at the BBB. They get many complaints about this company. What we hope to do is have this company better it's business practices so that the rest of us can receive the same stellar service you did.
 5th of May, 2011 by   BraiM 0 Votes
I find some comfort in reading these comments as I am also extremely frustrated and been trying to contact OEG since last Oct. Replacement furnance and waterless tank done over Thanksgiving weekend, quality of work was good but I also cannot find copy of my signed contract to review exact details and no-one returns calls. I actually spoke to a human being last Oct who told me it was impossible to get energy rebate if installation took place before Energy Audit, even though that was certainly not what the agent told me, otherwise would certainly not have proceeded. I also found out some other disturbing details on financing. What can we do, any ideas on how to get to speak to someone at OEG and obtain copy of our signed contracts, can we discuss with Energy Ministry?
 6th of May, 2011 by   Taking back power 0 Votes
Hi there,

Again sorry for your experience with this company.
My advice to you is to place a complaint with the BBB ( Better Business Bureau Canada), that way there are more experiences documented on this company.
This is the link: (http://hamilton.bbb.org/commonreport.html?id=194424342)
If the link does not work, do a google search for Better Business Bureau Canada, click on "for consumers", this will lead you to do a search on the company...enter the company (Ontario Energy Group)...place a complaint.
When you place a complaint with the BBB you will be contacted by a mediator. They will also be contacting OEG on your behalf. What I did in addition to placing a complaint was...I emailed the president, Eugene Farber at: eugene@ontarioenergygroup.com, detailing my complaint. I hope the email I provided will show up in the post. It's a long process, but don't give up! I emailed almost everyday...to Mark Treger the Operations Manager...
it was tedious but I kept it up...a year and some after...I got my papers!

Hope this helps!
 22nd of May, 2011 by   mauie 0 Votes
I work for OEG. Make sure you get the salesperson, and their managers contact information. Other than that, they sell good products that save you money. But they arnt really for the environment. They do hire lazy people. But if you are interested in buying anything, they will get you your papers. They will go whatever to make a sale. I have mixed feelings about working for them for sure. As long as I sell products I know will help people out and save money I have a clear conscience, but its really troubling to hear about service issues.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   mauie 0 Votes
There are alot of companies that do scam customers. I think OEG is pretty good. I guess it depends on the amount of information the sales person gives you.
 27th of May, 2011 by   Geraldine Leavitt 0 Votes
OEG have been absolutely terrible with us - their reps told my husband and I, we're retired, that they work for Enbridge and they were replacing hot water tanks on behalf of Enbridge. They did this and then asked my husband to sign a work order that the new tank was installed efficiently - turned out to be a 7 year contract which we got out of - our local paper did a story about us at our request to warn others in our town. People called us and we helped them get out of their contracts and our local radio station also did a story about them. Hopefully OEG will never return to our city but some of the victims we helped called OEG - by then they had learned about the article and they tried to discredit me. I believe I did what I could for residents here and would do it again in a heartbeat. For those who suggest contacting BBB, don't bother - OEG has a "F" rating with them - they don't give a lower rating than that.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   bertking 0 Votes
Hi, wow reading these posts would trow me off talk with OEG in any way shape or manner. However, my experience is just about the opposite - primarily all good. I contacted them to install a new furnace, tankless water heater and air conditioner. I also contacted 3 other local Hamiilton companies for the same business. The sales pitch was non-pressure. The installation went better than I expected. The furnace/water heater saved me from $500/mo for oil to under $100 for heat and water. I received my rebate when and as expected. The last item is to hook up power to the air conditioner and test it, which could not be done in December. Maybe I have a special way to reach them on the phone or via email. I don't always or usually get thru the first time, but usually the 2nd. My voice mails and emails are always answered. My contract was delivered when the equipment was installed, which really may be the wrong time, but I had no risk until that day. The financing they worked out went thru perfectly. Assuming I can get the air cond hooked up shortly, I would say they have done all they said. I am not expecting to be treated like royalty, but just as a regular customer. I was not promised more and they did not deliver more nor less ... so far. I do believe that there are real problems with some customers, that is reality, and I feel for them. My experience has been all good.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   marybrown 0 Votes
It's funny reading all these negative comments mostly being pushed by one person on here. I've had a furnace and air conditioner installed by OEG over a year ago. The salesrep was very informative and explained all the benefits of replacing my 15yr old furnace and a/c. I've had a great experience right from the get go, received all my rebates as promised. I dealt with a gentleman name Mark Treger who was extremely polite and helpful. I have referred 2 of my neighbours and my brother to OEG who all had a great experience. When reading these comments make you wonder if the competition is the one posting these silly comments.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   dan________ 0 Votes
A rep from this company walked all the doors on our street, dressed as a construction worker and saying he only needs to verify how efficient our water tank is, and to change it for free as part of an "Ontario" program. He failed to introduce himself as a sales rep. and deceivingly used only the portion of his company name that suited his purpose. When he started saying that my furnace is only 80% efficient I realized that this specialist had no idea what he was talking about. I take it he got out the door a bit shaken. I think such practices are not allowed and I will follow up with the Consumer Office and if you want to cancel a contract with this company you can do it within a certain number of days.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   ifindstrangesometimes 0 Votes
lol, if u mean dressing like a construction worker is wearing a reflective vest. i guess u have never heard of safety. nore did u see that the vest says the company name, so much for no id
when u work to 8-9 pm going back for appointments you have made earlier in the day and are guys are brand spankin new to the job yes we give them a reflect vest, it is also not unusual for us to were work boats seeming we are sometimes in backyards for acs or dirty basements for furnaces and tanks.
and yes i also wear a measuring tape because some people dont know the square footage of there home sometimes.
for anyone who would like to see the total of 4 confirmed complaints the company has recieve in its 2 year opperation in direct sales plz vist the better bussiness bureau at...
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   DJ8559 0 Votes
We were just contacted by them via phone. Is this allowed? We are on the national Do Not Call list. Aside from that, mum was leary, so she did ask if they were affliliated with Enbridge. Response? "Yes". Followed by "so they know you're doing this?" Response? "Yes". Is this permissible? I should think at the very least they should be fined for calling??
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   Belial_Ghede 0 Votes
Hey NIAGARA - your experience with Ontario Energy Group seems to have given you a raging hard-on. My only question is, why on Earth would you visit an OEG complaint web-page if your experience was so great with these low life scum bags? Trolling perhaps?

The fact of the matter is, not 5 minutes ago I was visited by these liars and they claimed they work on behalf of Enbridge WHICH THEY DO NOT. Say what you want Niagra, I don't trust anyone who lies to me and you are just as dishonest as OEG so that includes you.

Though I've never fallen prey to these or any other lying scammers my heart goes out to all of you who've come here to share your stories. One might feel embarassed by admitting to falling for these scams but please remember your stories are helping to prevent others from being robbed by these douche bags.

Please please please always remember, NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A DOOR TO DOOR SALES PERSON - EVER. Selling products door to door is the most unprofessional way to do business, so if someone knocks on your door and offers to sell you something, you automatically know that they are worth about as much as the dog poop on your lawn you haven't got around to picking up yet.

Last but not least Enbridge has released public service announcements, they have written disclaimers on their billing invoices, and have stated on their web site that under no circumstances will they visit your home unless you initiate a service call. If they absolutely have to visit your home for something that could be considered a pressing issue (A gas leak for example) they will always contact you first and set up a time with you and they will also give you the name of the worker who will be visiting.

After that liar left me property I called Enbridge (My gas supplier) to report the liar's name and telephone number to them - at which point Enbridge re-confirmed with me that they are in no way shape or form affiliated with OEG.Enbridge is a respectable company and like I stated earlier, only douche bags sell products door to door.
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   Rhianna Cunningham 0 Votes
We have had nothing but issues with our tankless water heater. They installed it in the weirdest way, with a hose going across our basement floor up the wall and exiting into a shower stall. We have an exessivley long pvc pipe coming out of the back of our house. The water takes forever to heat up, you must put the water on full blast and if you lessen the pressure at all it will peter off to cold again. It is very difficult to have a comfortable shower! Espescially for the children. They came to check it once 7 months after I badgered them and basically said I was wrong and that it was find and the wait for hot water and cold patches are normal, due to the cold pipes under the ground. What???? Anyway I was speaking to other companies and, no this is not normal. I spent over $8000 on the two units and I just want it to work, can I get a refund or replacement? I would really like to deal with a different company.

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees