logo

Nuvell National Auto Finance

Posted:    wordsmith76

Bad Car Loan

Nuvell National Auto Finance
Nuvell is definitely filled with crooks, liars, and just blatantly rude and unscrupulous people. I had a car loan that I shouldn't have even qualified for in 2004, at an outrageous rate. My payment was $450 for a $13, 000 car with a trade-in I still owed $4, ooo on which was worth about $1500-$2000, and this was a 60 month loan. I was working 2 jobs at the time, but I lost my part time job. They did nothing to work with me as far as a lower car payment. I informed them I was making $1300 less monthly than I was when I had 2 jobs and they refused to work with me. They were under the impression I was BRINGING HOME $3500 monthly. I didn't make that much BEFORE taxes. They even suggested I pawn stuff I owned in order to keep up with the payment. WTF? When I told them I couldn't afford the payment and the car was waiting for them to come and get it, they took a month to come for it. They told me to make a payment and that would keep me current until the following month. Duh!! What happens the following month when I didn't have enough for rent, which was less than the car I was paying for? They called my like 20 times a day, but that's what caller ID is for when the people you're dealing with are a**holes. I let them repo it and just said I'd take the hit and pay it off when I got around to it. In the mean time, I just got a little piece of car to get me from point A to point B. 2 years later, it goes to their collections dept, and the last date of activity was 03/2007-02/2009. WTF??? I know they can't update the last date of activity to cover a 2 year span. At least I've read this is an illegal practice. What kind of sh** is that? I thought the date was supposed to be from the very last payment plus 7.5 years. The car was repo'ed in May of 2005, and I haven't been in contact with them. If it was repo'ed in may, I would've been Nov or Dec when it went to collections, and it would've been 7.5 years from then at the most. What's up with the 02/2009 last activity date? What's up with the collections dates covering a 2 year span? I have a theory. They like screwing people over, approving bad loans to get more money and reaging accounts to screw up people's credit. My credit is poor, I'll admit, but I am working on it currentlybecause now I'm wiser and can manage my money better.. I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. Do believe, I'll be disputing the info, and complaining about some of their practices. Hopefully, the company will disappear with the failing economy, but I guess the mighty cockroach has ways of surviving just about anything. Here's to wishful thinking.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Aug, 2009 by   Ternie +2 Votes
I have had an account with Nuvell for 2+ years. Just recently, they changed their account information and I now pay my payments through National Auto Finance. They sent me the letter with the account # on it to set up my online billing. The account number they gave me was incorrect. I had to call them and wait on hold for over 10 minutes for them to tell me that they purposely did that for "security purposes." Not to mention I can barely understand the people on the other end of the phone. They finally did give me the correct account number. Then, a few days later, they have the NERVE to send me a letter stating that I have not made my payment for the month, and that if I don't make a timely payment, they will report that I haven't made my payment to the credit bureau. HELLO! I made my payment a WEEK before it was due, and it took YOUR organization another week after I made payment to withdrawal it from my account. So when I called back to tell them such, they said it was considered late because of THEIR system changes. I am reporting their shenanigans to the BBB and will be looking for a new lender.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   Ferrkits +2 Votes
I have the same problem. I made my July payment Part in money order and the rest in a personal check. The first week of Aug 09 I get a call about julys payment not being made. I told them I sent a money order and check in the same envelope with their payment slip. They looked and confirmed they had gotten the money order but said they did not get the check. I went to my bank the next day which was August 7th 09 and got a print out of my account the check I sent them had been cashed. I faxed my print out to them to prove they had gotten the whole payment for july. This issue is still not resolved they call and harrass me every day . they are susposed to be investigating this matter but the calls wont stop I am considering contacting an attorney.. I am also going to contact the BBB and the attorney general for my state.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   Angeld6801 +2 Votes
The same things is happening to me now. I bought a 2001 Nis Pathfinder back in Jan 2004 from a Nissan Dealership which was finance threw NUVELL Financial Services LLC but is now "National Auto Finance Company". I took a 66 month contract which would end in Sept 2009. I have never missed a payment or have been late. I verified my info back in Dec 08 with NUVELL to assure my info was correct and uptodate. I was told that once my contract ended they would send my title. I was also assured there would be no extra charges because it was all included in my payments. I just received a bill from National Auto Finance Company letting me know that they had just switched over from NUVELL. I noticed that the bill had a balance that did not match my agreement. I called NAFC they told me that I still had 5 more payments instead of 2 which pushed me to Feb 2010. When I asked why I was told that they are estimated finance charges which contradicts NUVELL back in December. I tried going threw the BBB but they could not resolve the issue and closed my complaint as "Unresolved" ... NUVELL or Nation Auto what ever they want to call themselves are nothing but a bunch of crooks!
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   Mrs. Del +1 Votes
Seriously, someone or a group needs to sue the hell out of these jerks, they send letters out from Nuvell with people that dont exist, and with phone number with extensions that dont exist. I say " Class Action" Bastards. If someone was to take them to court, i am sure all the nooks will come out of the crannies.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   Natural +1 Votes
The same the is happening to me. They gave me an incorrect account number and now my account is showing that I am several months past due. Never mind that my bank statment shows otherwise! Do you think it mattered that I faxed a bank statement to them? HE_ _ NO! One of the payments was resubmitted to my bank account another one that I paid on NATIONAL'S website had to be canceled. Who know's where the other payment is! Now tomorrow I have to leave my JOB and send a moneygram by 2:00p.m. tomorrow. Is it just me or does someithing not sound right about that? And RUDE does not even begin to describe their employees! They can know that they are as wrong as the day is long but they will NOT apologize. Their excuse was that there are problems with their new system; so sad too bad for the customer. Someone please tell me who I can submit a complaint to.
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   Sickentired 0 Votes
Agree 100% with everyone! I have been bothered to the point of high blood pressure and undue stress with NUVELL/NATIONAL AUTO FINANCE! Last year they agreed to defer payments because my area was in a "Federally Declared" disaster area from Hurricane Gustav, signed and put into law by President George W. Bush. Earlier this year I was unemployed and couldn't get any other deferments so I took food out of my mouth to pay these crooks. Being of the lucky few, I found a job in May, now they have the gall to call my job, despite never giving them my job's number and asking them politely not to. They call my phone at various times of the day over the same bills they deferred. I can only pay them once a month at $505 as I don't live in my car, I have a house, other bills and a wife. Apparently neither they, National or GM communicate nor can you get through when you need them for anything important. There has to be a law or class action lawsuit against these people, if so I want in on it. I'm on the verge of filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission because of their unfair business tactics and way I've been treated. Everywhere I look on the Internet someone is complaining about Nuvell or National; either they're calling from the hundreds of different phone numbers they use as they're stopping at nothing to find you! Forget the Mafia, now there's Nuvell! Nuvell...go to hell!
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   FEEDUP2009 0 Votes
It sounds if as the same is happening with all of Nuvell Customers!!!What's the chance of this happening? We have had our account number changed three times, within a 4 month period, without notification!! So when they receive payment, and the account number on the check does not match their records, they start calling with non-payment calls!!! After we verifiy, with the bank, payment has been recieved then we have to go through the ordeal with Nuvell! It's not just the ordeal with Nuvell, when you call the customer service representative can not understand you and vice versa!!! Now, its time for renewal on car insurance. My insurance agents just notified me that they have mailed our renewal policy to Nuvell. The mail came back returned because the address do not exist anymore!! So have they moved without notifing customers? My insurance agent and I have the same address for Nuvell. Or least I will see by the 20th of the month if our payment will be returned as well!! Now keep in mind we have had our 2005 Truck since 2007. we are like the rest of you...NUVELL CAN GO TO HELL WITH GASOLINE PANTS ON!!!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   cmh2010 0 Votes
I am having the same problem with National Auto Finance. I was supposed to get a 2 month no payment plan and the payments would be added to the end. They still call saying i am 2 months behind!!!
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   carlson3 0 Votes
I need to also join in and want a class action lawsuit against nuvell and national auto finance company. It went from nuvell to national auto finance and they changed the account number on us and we have made over 30 payments and they only received 16 and we are making 2 payments of 436.00 each month that totals 872.00 a month and no one seems to know where the payments are going. They are saying we are always 3 months behind. They also keep calling us everyday. Please help. Thank You.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   erneets 0 Votes
I am also filing a complaint with the better business burea. I have two more payments on my car which I might as well gone to the mafia for with the outrageous amount they charged and now they are telling me I owe 10 more payment. I have a signed contract for 72 payments. I will pay no more. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. You cant call and talk to anyone as they dont speak english. How convenient.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   Gill_D/FW 0 Votes
Just as everyone eles has said. I too have had many " run in's" with so called customer service of this poorly run company. I have had calls back to back with in 5 mins. of each other. I told them I just spoke to someone in youe dept. and still had to listen to thier "B.S."
They think they have the right to know my personal information had try to tell me how I should go about my day to day affairs.
Looks as if Nuvell/National auto was in a class action law suit in 2002. The judge awarded the counsel of the plantiff 30% of the total award $ 525, 000 dollars, looks like the total of the suit was $1, 675, 000 dollars. So it really doesn't sound like anything has changed for this group of low life's over the years, even after being found GUILTY in a court of law.

I feel your pain...
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   Irritated and fed up 0 Votes
I am going through the same issues as many of you are. I have not always been the best cusomter as far as payments on time. But they are telling me that I owe nine payments when in actuality I only owe two. I went on line and counted up the payments and even called to discuss it with the customer service rep who wasn't nice at all. She talked down to me as if I was an incompetent moron. I went to a lawyer for advice and after looking over all my statements and payment history he agreed I was correct and should follow up with a complaint to the BBB and a lawsuit if the company didn't make the corrrections on their end. I am also really tired of the calls beginning at 8am and then every 5 minutes after. When you tell the person on the other line that you just spoke to someone else they say "oh yes I see here in the notes you were contacted and have made arrangements". Then still want to verify you name, address, etc.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   jvjj77 +1 Votes
Wow, I'm blown away by the fact that we can't seem to figure it out. For the last couple of months I've noticed the same thing, and in all honesty I don't want to pay them anymore...because I'm wondering if this is even a legitimate company anymore. I called BBB and gave them the phone number 800-810-2966, and it was not recognized. This is the number for customer service. I'm so afraid it's going to get repo'd but I can't afford to pay towards a scam.

My account number has also changed, they have numbers that lead you no where, and you can no longer recieve a payoff quote at the time you request. The people I've talked to are very obviously in another country...and it doesn't matter what I say or ask...they read me a line. I can most certainly tell. I am 3 months behind now, and want to use my income tax to pay off...BUT WHO am I paying off? How can we find out if this is a legitimate company anymore if the BBB is not recognizing. Who else can we call?
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   dudeonthebayou +1 Votes
My problem with National Auto Fianance, this month they ran through a electronic payment without authorization. What a bunch of crooks.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   citygirl76 +1 Votes
I am dealing with Nuvell/ National Auto Finance or whoever. They call constantly, they invade your privacy. I admit I am behind because I need to eat and so do my KIDS. What is it with this company or crooks. When you call, no one answers or your get disconneted. They can reach you; however you cannot reach them.I sent a payment one month and they didn't get it until the next month, because the address had changed. Was that my fault or the company for not informing the customers about the CHANGE OF ADDRESS. I agree with everyone who commented! WTH!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   MadinILL +1 Votes
Leased a car thru Saab Financial Services, made every payment on time, then turned it in and leased another (this time thru GMAC). 2+ years later, I've got a collection agency calling me because Nuvell says I owe them ~$1700!!! Because I chose not to "settle" for $800 right away, they've sent bad stuff to the credit bureaus and called me a couple times a day until I sent a letter that made them stop. A month ago, I asked for an itemized statement - that is, what do they claim this money is for - and I haven't received anything yet. They did send me a copy of my lease which proves nothing - I never said I didn't lease the car. Things I've learned: First, if you write the collection agency a letter that you dispute the charge, they must stop calling. If they continue to call, this is illegal. You must write a letter - a call doesn't work - and send it with a return receipt (so you get a card indicating when they received the letter so they cannot say they never received it). Second, if they cannot provide you with proof (an itemized statement), then they cannot collect. I was hoping this was a simple mistake, but perhaps the BBB, Attorney General, FTC and lawyer will eventually get involved...
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   Diamond2Sxy +1 Votes
I totally agree w/what everyone has said because I too have been through a hell of a lot w/the Nuvell/National Auto Finance/GMAC. I admit I have fallen ion some hard times getting hit w/12 unpaid furlough days (I work for the State of New Jersey), I am blessed to still have a job w/benefits but as any other human being, I have a mortgage to pay, bills and I didn't even mention food. As for them calling you, I am like you, WTF! Starting at 8AM & every half and hour, home phone & the office and yes, you can not even understand them, then they want to verify your address, I tell them "whatever you have in the computer" and I hang up. Better yet, they will have someone call you and ask for you by your 1st name like they "actually" know you. I honestly regret ever dealing with this company, it was a rip off deal anyway but you live & you learn. I don't have much longer to go, like a year and I am quite sure they will find some thing to add on, trust & belv, I will do research on the next company I deal with. I am looking to trade this car in, not worth anything really. Someone def. needs to file a lawsuit against them and the BBB needs to keep all complaints on them. Honestly, they all can burn in hell! People, I def. know what you are going through, I have learned to just not even answer the phone or if I do talk to them, I tell them when payment w/b made and then hang up.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Jan Griffith 0 Votes
I got up this morning to find out Nuvell stole my car. Our payment was due on 3/15/10 which we called to say it would be late and would be paying on 4/9/10 along with our 4/15/09 payment. When calling there all they would tell us is that our moneygram from Walmart that we sent in January and February was reversed on 3/30/10. Keep in mind they are the ones who told us to do the moneygram at Walmart and also our statements are saying that the moneygrams were received by their company and applied. We explained to them that we have it there in black and white that they did recieve the moneygrams and its shows right there on our statement. Their response was it was I dont know but you still owe us January and February. What happened to our money we used for the moneygram? And why after they applied the moneygram are they saying it was reversed 2 months later? What does reversed mean anyway? They couldn't tell us. Now to get the car back we have gotten 3 different amounts from their customer service department who by the way are in the Phillipines. We will pay what they want just to get our car back and go after them later but now they want another Walmart moneygram and we refuse to do that in fear that this will happen again. We asked if we could send them a payment electronically as we were talking to them from our computer through our bank and they refused. Moneygram or you dont get your car back. What is wrong with this picture. We are calling a lawyer today to have this investigated. They make you feel like you did something wrong. I have paid off many of cars and this is the worst experience I have ever had with an auto financial company. As far as I'm concerned, Nuvell stole my car and they have not heard the last from us.
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   angrycarbuyer 0 Votes
I despise this "company" with the passion. The folks in customer service tell you one thing after another, all different stories. I ask for statements numerous times but they never get sent. My husband was active duty in the Marine Corps, got out for a couple years, went into the Marine Corps Reserves. When he activated I called right away to get the fax number so we could get the interest rate lowered on his car loan. Which was 17%. For the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act, you have to request it from the lender. I faxed his orders NUMEROUS times as well as mailed. MONTHS went by before his interest rate was finally lowered. Every time I called "we have nothing". But they sure got the power of attorney so I could talk with them about his acct? They are all a bunch of liars and crooks...I will agree with that one.

We've had this car for over 5 years, it's still not paid off. We've been through career changes, job losses, moves, and getting this company to do ANYTHING for you is like pulling teeth. They are all rude. When you call to speak with a manager they ask "Why do you need to speak with a manager" over and over. I've yelled, screamed, cried...just about every time I've been on the phone with these people.

It's by far the WORST finance company I have ever come across. Buyer beware as they say.
 10th of May, 2010 by   bama102467 0 Votes
Bought a car back in MAY OF 2005. So I have been dealing with these a##holes for quite sometime. No one speaks English, so you can never understand what they are saying, every now and then you might speak to someone that you can half ass understand. My wife and I financed 20, 000 dollars then 5 years ago and still owe 10, 000 dollars, what a freaking ripoff. We have gotten behind for the second time on this note, called to get an extension, first of all that was like pulling teeth, then in order to get the extension, they have you pay a 50 dollar fee which is actually 65 dollars to pay over the phone check fee another way of scamming money out of you. NUVELL AUTO FINANCE is one of the worst crooked, lying company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I hope that there is a class action lawsuit out there to help put these people out of business. I am going to definitely contact the BBB, and write some of our politicians so that hopefully some one will investigate these crooked people.

Health Care Without Insurance: $100 a Month