logo

Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Norwegian Cruise Line Complaints & Reviews - Health Risk, Poor Service, Disorganized Check In

Norwegian Cruise Line Contacts & Informations

Norwegian Cruise Line

Posted: 2011-06-01 by    murleen1949

Health Risk, Poor Service, Disorganized Check In

Norwegian Cruise Line
My companian and I cruised on the Norwegian Pearl 5/22/11 - 4/29/11. The first issue was with the disorganization of baggage check, security and check in; The entire process was so disorgainized, we attempted to find humor in it and laugh with those around us. The second issue was related to health risks to the passengers presented by NCL staff. As a retired Infection Control Nurse, I was aware that the staff handing out the Public Health Forms and the initial Freestyle Daily to those checking in and a wait staff flipping through the wine list in the dinning room all licked their fingers prior to touching the pages that were then handed to the consumer. I personally told the person licking her finger to sort the Public Health forms being handed out, to stop this unsanitary practice! There was also a safety issue with a wet floor sign laying directly in the traffic path in the garden cafe buffet area. After I saw one person almost fall on the sign I went (with my plate of food in my hands) and stood by the sign and told the staff standing directly behind the sign, filling glasses with tea. She look around and said yes. As I step away another person stumbled on the sign. I stated "that is the second person that almost fell on that sign" at which time she picked the sign up and placed it properly on the wet floor. My third complaint is with one very rude staff whom I encountered. A young lady was putting about a third glass of ice in several tea glasses. I asked may I have a full glass of ice to which she replied "do you know how to get it yourself"? I was shocked by this response and said "well, yes, I do know how to get it myself". As I stepped away, she handed out a half glass of ice and said mam! I turned and said "oh no; I know how to get it myself". There were many other issues of concerns and/or dissatisfaction but what I listed was the what I consider the major issues. However, I will say all the food and most of the entertainment was terrible! If it had not been for one singing group and the soft serve ice cream the entire cruise would have been a disaster!
Comments United States Cruise Lines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Great Jobs Without a College Degree