North American Award Center

4.85
North American Award Cener
1401 Armour Road
Kansas City, Missouri
North American Award Center has been mailing my grandmother very legitimate looking mailings suggesting that she will receive prize money after the completion of puzzles of varying difficulty. The company has requested $9 - $40 with each mailing. Thank goodness for those of you who previously detailed and exposed this SCAM. We are grateful and hope that our complaint submission helps other unsuspecting people.
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Comments

13th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I received in the mail a prize award stating that if I send in $9.00 now saving $3.00 I would be entered in a sweepstakes to win $21, 000.00. Well I thought not much of an investment so I got a Money Order for $9.00 and mailed it in. Well, 1 week later I get another letter saying that if I mail in another $9.00 saving $3.00 I will be entered in another sweepstakes telling me to do this simple puzzle and mail in the answer and the $9.00. Well this time I got skeptical and I looked this company up on Complaints Board and discovered that this company is running a scam. I wish I had done it prior to mailing my 1st $9.00. Doggone it they got me. Watch out for sweepstakes entry coming the mail. Always verify them through this web site. Scam artists. It's crazy
 21st of Nov, 2013 by    +1 Votes
nls2013

I received one of those documents that declared me a winner of $21, 000.00 and all I had to do was solve a puzzle and send in $9.00. I knew that had to be a scam. Anytime that you have to pay to claim your prize is not good. My daughter was 9 months and I received a notification of winning a sewing machine. I was instructed to send a small amount and I complied, the sewing machine has not arrived yet. My daughter is 44 years old as of today.
 21st of Nov, 2013 by    +2 Votes
There is no such thing as Cyber Police and any legitimate authority would NOT be using a gmail account but an actual governemnt organization email.

These people are scammers looking to steal your money and your identity. Do NOT contact these low life criminals.
 20th of Dec, 2013 by    +2 Votes
I had just meat then, they got my frist 9 dollars there are not getting my next one. I had learnd about them from a friend of mine.
 17th of Oct, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I also received the same letter today in the mail telling me the exact same thing that is if I mail in 9.00 I would be entered to win the jack pot prize of 21, 000 I'm also glad I did my research before I just forked out 9.00.
 14th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
my mom received this and asked me to research just in case. Glad I was spot on that this was a scam!
 23rd of Jun, 2015 by    +1 Votes
With Publishers Clearing House the only time you send any money is when you receive something that YOU ordered. I have actually gotten some pretty good stuff from Publisher`s Clearing House. This North American Awards Center? I sent them the nine dollars that they requested and got a second letter from them . Not again. Fool me once? Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me.
 1st of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I Also received these letters the first one was last week, I thought to myself why do I have to send money to enter theres no shipping and handling fees so what am I paying for... so I still went and bought a postage stamp and came home today an another letter came so I looked them up and saw all your comments and was glad I didnt send 9.00$ or 18.00$ for two entries I figured you send to enough people and they all pay a little fee at 9.00$ a pop and say you send to 1 million people and they payed thTs 9 million$ these scammers got to be rich cause they had me bought to pay, o well god is watching.
 10th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Thinking of sending them $9.00 in Monopoly money!!! lol. Send me fake documents and I'll send fake money!!! See how they like that
 10th of Nov, 2015 by    +2 Votes
plz don't send me any award prizes if u can't send a check with it. If I truly won there would not be an envelope attached I always look stuff like this up on my computer so I will know if i'm being scammed. there ought to be a law against this type stuff lose the address plz
 16th of Nov, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I have to send $9.00 or the contest is void.
 7th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I agree please do not send me any more documents saying to send you money if I won money I should not have to send you money I'm going to pray for you people who ever you are stop cuz you will get caught it may not be now but eventually you will be caught stop playing with peoples emotions cuz we are people we are human and we really need money but not like this I will pray for you but do not send me any more false documents
 28th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have received this letter and they keep on coming on the mail. Asking for money again and again. Calculate if they send 1, 000, 000 letter and received back each $9... Those thieves are the ones getting to be millionaires. Do not fall into the scam. The nerve to do this. Unfortunately a lot of elderly citizens fall in the scam. Watch out for these fake corporations made up of people who have no morals and steal from others as a way of living. Be aware and protect your money, your finances, your parents, the elderly in your life and yourself.
 17th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I keep getting e mails in my inbox statement s saying that ima a winner and I get my hopes up going threw all thees servay s state n that one prizes and gifts and free samples that never come in the mail . And off tha wall voice calls about medical insurance that I apply for on line with i had not . Checked yes on thees servay s . It's make n me up set cos I took the time out my day to make time for thees scams . I hope this was helpful . Thank you
 5th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
5th July Jim S. 2016
Received the same letters but also from two other companies on the same scam, do not send any money .
Jim S.
 5th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
This is Jim S. again the two other companies are American Sweepstakes Publishers and International Award Payment Center all from Kansas City Ks.
Jim S.
 7 hrs 53 mins ago by    0 Votes
During the past week, I received three letters: American Sweepstakes Publishers, International Award Payment Center and Audit Bureau of North America Award Center. One claimed that there was one million dollars reserved in my account, and the other two were very carefully worded, noting that I have not yet won, but needed to solve some very simple puzzles to qualify. Puzzles that could be solved by a normal 10 year old. The common theme of the three letters is that they were all sent from Kansas City, and all required that you send $9.00 or $12.00 processing fee. Assuming that 200, 000 requests were posted, which is quite easy with a computer and printer, and only half replied, the $9.00 scam could yield $900, 000.00. With present technology it is easy to target any slice of the population, and it seems to me that the elderly where I belong at 89 is easy prey. Be careful.

Contact Us