logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (25 mins ago)
Lifecream
I don’t know how to stop bogus charges
2. (28 mins ago)
World Financial Group
Fraud
3. (43 mins ago)
Ocean Investment Group
Scam
4. (43 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
5. (52 mins ago)

Is it true or fake

NOKIA
Saudi Arabia
Dear Miss/Mr
I was in Dubai for one week and received this text on my UAE mobile (CONGRATS: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON FOR YOU THE SUM OF GBP 147000 POUNDS ON THIS YEAR NOKIA PROMO, FOR CLAIMS EMAIL: nokianig2008@live.com and call +447035930547)
so I called and a man confirmed this text and advices me to e-mail my details information along with the winning number, I did send my name and phone number, and then I received calls to rush me up and more details e-mail to fill the claming form, all the time Nokia logos are used, now the final e-mail I got after sending a copy of my passport and a residant address, they sent me this note :
NOTE: YOUR FUNDS ARE COMING FROM THE NOKIA PAYMENT CENTER ASSIGNED TO YOUR NETWORK IN THE UK AND THIS MEANS THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE PAY-CENTER UK OFFICE ONLY AND NOT THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES OFFICE. YOUR COURIER PAYMENT IS GOING TO BE SENT TO THE DHL COURIER COMPANY IN THE UK WHO WILL BE DELIVERING TO YOU IN 24HOURS AS SOON AS THEY GET A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR PAYMENT. AND ANY ATTEMPT TO CREATE PROBLEMS FOR YOUR COURIER SERVICE DELIVERY, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM YOUR CATEGORY AND MIGHT FORE FIT YOUR WINNINGS AND BE REGARDED AS NOT THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THAT MOBILE NUMBER. SO YOU ARE ADVISED TO ACT AS INSTRUCTED SO THAT YOUR WON PRIZE CAN GET TO YOU AT THE STIPULATED TIME.

they said to me that You have been instructed by the ad-hoc committee to make the payment of £290.00 Pounds (TWO HUNDRED AND NINTY GBP) via Western Union money transfer outlet close to you, to effect your payment to the Account officer in charge of the delivery of your parcel with the information below, so as to enable them initiate the delivery of your prize winnings to your stated address.

So befor I make payment I am kindly seeking your help to advise if this is a fake or ture

Best Regards

Comments Saudi Arabia Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More NOKIA UK PROMOTIONS complaints
NOKIA UK PROMOTIONS - SMS Winning

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008 by   Mr Prasad 0 Votes
Please dont send any money to this people.I also recieved the same massage today.If we have won this huge amount why they want to send it by courier why cant they put it in our account.When I asked this question to them they say that is there policy.

So it is a Sacm dont get trapped with this hopeless people.
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Clara 0 Votes
I too just received the same and fortunately for me I believe in hard work and not easy money. S o i picked up the phone to call the number and just by the Hello i could tell that it was a hoax.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   johny 0 Votes
I received the same message, so don't bother sending them any money. It is all fake. A bunch of hopeless people are spoiling the good name of Nokia who serve well with their services. It is really up to the management of Nokia to track down these idiots and bring them to justice.
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   Douglas 0 Votes
I was sent a text message in New Zealand from the number +2348065291219 saying

Congratulations! Your mobile number has won 250, 00.00 GBP in the NOKIA PROMO 2008. For more information and claim, email us on: nokiapaycenter@hotmail.com now.

Firstly, the country code at the beginning of the number, isn't from the UK.
Secondly, why would Nokia have a pay center on hotmail.
Thirdly, if indeed something does sound too good to be true, normally it is.
These people are sad and they are in need of a kick up the backside by Nokia for slandering their good name.
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   Calvin 0 Votes
this comp is a scam i git the same messageCongratulations! Your mobile number has won 250, 00.00 GBP in the NOKIA PROMO 2008. For more information and claim, email us on: nokiapaycenter@hotmail.com
this budget

London, United Kingdom.

OFFICIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION

Reference Number: BT:12052005/21
Batch Number: 12/25/0034

We are pleased to inform you the result of the just concluded NOKIA UK
Online Email Winners International programs in

collaboration with the National U.K Lottery in our Anual end of Year
promotions. held on 10th of January, 2009.

Your email address has been randomly selected as one of the 16 lucky
winning address in this 2nd category draw of our Nokia

end of year promotions, you have therefore been approved to claim a total
sum of £1, 000, 000.00 (One million Pound Sterlings)

in cash credited to file VERIFICATION NUMBER.: CN-435-663-6.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World
Wide Web sites through computer draw system and

extracted from over 100, 000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies
that are listed online.

To file and claim your winnings, contact your claims agent with your:

Full Names:...

Tel: +44-(0) 703-593-1853
Tel2:+44-(0) 703-593-0249
Email: nokia.uk.claimsdepartment09@msn.com

For further clarification/verification of your claims, Please call Mr.Alan
Peterson or Contact him via E-mail immediately.

(nokia.uk.claimsdepartment09@msn.com )

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR .

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs. Carol Jefferson
Promotions Manager.

And after some e-mail exchange I got a message that I've to send 500, - pounds via WESTERN UNION as a fee for opening an account in the NatWest Bank an affliciate bank for NOKIA UK PROMOTIONS.

Thank you very much for contacting us, I want to let you know that we are more than glad when we read from you our most lucky winner.

The details of the account openning form that you send to us is very much ok to activate the account as we have forward a copy of the information that you send to us to Natwest Bank and they have already confirm it before sending you this letter.

Knowing well that you are openning account with the bank, the bank inform us that to open an account in your favour where your cheque would be deposited before the final transfer can be made into your country bank account, You have to send the sum of 500 pounds to them as the account openning fee and this amount will also be in your account balance and this means after your account have been activated, the total amount that would be transfer to your country bank account is one million five hundered pounds( £1, 00500 ).

We have forward a written cheque order worth the sum of £1, 000, 000 in your favour to the bank and you have to make the £500 available to the bank so that they can activate a new account in your favour and deposite the cheque into your new account with them and they will make the fianl transfer of the funds into your country bank account within the next 24-48hrs of processing your account.

We would need your immediate response towards this notification.

Mr, Alan Peterson

And as I was hesitating to do this money transfer, I got an ultimatum:

Thank you very much for your swift response i want you to know that your suggestion is not bad but you must understand that we are not puttting this transfer in hurry as you may think, is just that your cheque have a validit date and that it would expire if you are not able to setup the account so that the cheque would be credit into the account.Your cheque would expire and as a result of this, the bank would not be able to clear the funds to you again and you would be giving this company problem to Re-validate the cheque again.

Our advise is that you send the money over to setup the account and once the cheque have been paid into your account with Natwest Bank, then anytime of the year, you can come to london with your identity to claim your funds or rather the bank would make the transfer to you with out you coming to london. This ideal is the best and i believe that you would not ignore it and you dont have to look at the global crisis not to send the money over so that the bank can open the account and have your cheque deposited and anytime you can come to london to claim your funds and please also we want you to let only our bank handle this transfer so that they will be no misunderstanding and oncethe transfer have been made into your account, you would recieve update to go to your Citibank to go and confirm the transfer into your account, so stop going to your bank to seek advise when the transfer has not yet be made, you wait first until the bank transfer the money before you can go to your bank to confirm the transfer cause when seeking advise from your bank this moment will be giving misunderstanding cause you would be advise wrongly about this transfer or that you should wait so that CITIBANK can process the transfer to you when they are not our affliciate bank and we would advise you not to put CITIBANK in this matter for now cause we would not allow them to have the cheque from Natwest Bank cause we dont have agreement with them as our affliciate bank, Natwest bank is the only affliciate bank to this pomotion and because of this, the transfer have to be made by them only into your CITI BANK ACCOUNT and when the transfer have been made, you can then go to your CITIBANK to cash the transfer.

We would like to know if you can make your jorney to london by on tuesday next week so that you alone would go to the bank to confirm the cheque order and pay for the account openning fee cause the cheque would expire on thursday next week dated 29-01-2009 which is the expering date.

It would be advisable that you send the money to us so that we can forward it to the bank so that can activate the account in your favour and by on tuesday when you come, you and our officials will go to the bank so that they can release the money to in cash by then cheque will already been credited into your account and if you cannot come to london, you still have th expired date that your cheque will last and all will be in your hand pleading with my company to re-validate the cheque again in your favour.

Please i want you to proceed with the payment via western union with the below information so that we can forward it to the bank to immediately faciliate the account openning and transfer of the funds.

Reciever Names:Alan Peterson

Address: 2nd Floor Berkley Square House Berkley Square
United Kingdom

After payment send us a scanned copy of the payment so that we can show it to the bank that you are the one who send the money to us for the account or rather just send the Mtcn number, sender names and amount paid to us and fax the payment slip to the bank (Bank Fax number::+44-871-503-1620 ) so that they can as well confirm your payment slip.

Please for security reason, we would advise you to keep this transfer confidential to your self only to avoid impersonaltion, double claiming, lack of trust, and misunderstanding and take our advise to see that you recieve the transfer from our bank soon next.

Mr, Alan Peterson

I think that NOKIA UK has to investigate these cases, cause if his goodwill.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   Dr.Mizik Karoly 0 Votes
The story after failing of opening the requested bank account, made a turn, - now an affliciated courier service proposed to be used, as under:

NOKIA UK PROMOTION

FORM NO. CN503/09
Date:26/01/2009
_____________________________________________________

Att:DR.MIZIK KÁROLY;
We want to let you know that we recieved your letter and in response i want you to know that we have asked the bank to return the cheque to us and it was renew again in your favour and the cheque has now been deposited with our affliciate courier alongside your winning certificate so that the courier company can ship the parcel to your address in Hungary and when you recieve the cheque from the courier, you would be advise to immediately deposit the cheque with your bank or your bank clerk so that they can pay you the cheque in cash or pay it into your account with them.

Please contact GLD COURIER EXPRESS via email for the delivery of your cheque and winning certificate that this company deposited with them in your favour to deliver to you.You would be advise to provide the courier company your full shipment address so as to enable the courier to ship your parcel to you and we would please to let you know that you are the one responsible to to pay for the delivery fee of the courier as we could not make any deduction from your cheque for your own security reason and also to avoid any problem raising up such as mismanagment of your cheque.

Please contact the courier with the below information so that they can let you know how much you have to pay for them to deliver the cheque to you and also provide you their delivery schudule .Contact the courier with the below information.

COURIER CONTACT INFORMATION

GLD COURIER EXPRESS

43 Colville Road,
Acton, London, W3 8BL

Contact Agent:Mr.Elroy Flecker

E-mail: gldcourier.deliveryplc@yahoo.co.uk
...

We would advise you to keep us posted soon as you hear from the courier.

Mr, Alan Peterson

I think th end of this version will be the same, - to transfer money beforehand.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   Layla 0 Votes
I received the same message two days ago and called the number that was given. The person on the other end seemed like he was not sure about why I was calling until I explained and he quickly congratulated me and told me to email them my personal details to process the claim. Instead, i googled Nokia Promotion scams and realised I was not the only one who had received con message. These people need to be put in Jail!!!
 21st of Feb, 2009 by   Enji -1 Votes
Hey all, i'm just confused, damn! i ve just recieved the message claiming that i was selected as one of the year winner. Actually i'm so happy, and i really wanted to make sure this task, i sent the message to Donald Wood's e-mail aking some detail info, and they just sent me their DEED OF GUARANTEE and Mr, Miller sent his Passport copy. if they are totally fake, why did they sent me such details? help me guys. send your warnings to enjimunkh@yahoo.com
please guys hope you guys can help me
 12th of May, 2009 by   One Nut +1 Votes
I'm still getting this same one. I think its SO SO SO obvious when you look at Dr. MIZIK KAROLY long posting, does he understand what a PERIOD is? Each paragraph contains maybe one to two, mainy one being the final word of such paragraph. These people are a joke and people WISE UP, if you even have think about asking someone else if its a scam, IT IS!
 14th of May, 2009 by   bootlegirl123 0 Votes
i too was sent this letter, honestly why would you get money for nothing especially when you have not entered anything in the first place, and you know it is a scam as soon as they ask you to send them money. do not fall for it, the best thing to do is report it and ignore it.
 29th of May, 2009 by   tonny g 0 Votes
I live in Barbados and i received a similar email message and it was from a Darry Clarke, if these people think that i am going to pay them a cent of my hard earned money they are sadly mistaken.They are sitting down on their fat asses scamming and ripping off poor people.If that email ever comes up again or they use any of my information I swear it will not go down easy.
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   Dylan496 0 Votes
I also live in Barbados & received a text informing me of my win of GBP165, 000 in the Nokia promotion. nokiaunituk@hotmail.com +22996619621 or +447045732473 (Lancashire)
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   robert roga 0 Votes
HI NOKIA PLS RESPONSE IN MY PHONE NUMBER+355692958416 PLEASE PLEASE
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   PROPHETRICHBOAT 0 Votes
am from ghana and i have recieve a message two weeks ago telling that i have won the ongoing nokia promotion please i want the nokia company in uk to advise me on the issue
My mail is prophetrichboat01@yahoo.com. and my number 00233246934854. PLS CONTACT ME WHEN IS TRUE AND ADVISE ME
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   robert p adams 0 Votes
robert p adams i live upper quarry rd san juan, trinidad,
24yrs 18682908472 + 234856388012 email friday.22@live.com
i recieved a tex infoming me of my win in the nokia promotions.
nokia.uk.claimsdepartment09@msn.com
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   I'm not a fool 0 Votes
Hey guys got the same message in my mail just nw and as always i've decided to do checks on the to avoid falling victim. Called the number only 4 some nigerian man to answer to add injury to insult his e-mail was in bad english i know for a fact that they would at least get that right. Nokia really need to do something about this its going to affect their client base. By the way i'm in South Africa amazing number of people they're trying to scam all round the world. Another thing they gave me and N91 which is no longer in production! Priceless
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   sirajbaba 0 Votes
hi my name is siraj and i received a mail from nokia on my mail tht U have won amount of 5000.000.00Euro i want to now is it true my qualification no is NK(0145_6701_E_100_124) AND PIN NO IS :10636732nk please tell me is it true or just fake thanks
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   sirajbaba 0 Votes
hi my name is siraj and i received a mail from nokia on my mail tht U have won amount of 5000.000.00Euro i want to now is it true my qualification no is NK please tell me is it true or just fake thanks
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   Trevor Mahabir_45tt 0 Votes
Hi, my name is Trevor Mahabir and I live in Trinidad and Tobago. On January 4th 2010, I recived an SMS on my Nokia 1112 which I bought in June 2007 that reads "Congratulations! Your mobil number has won 250, 000 poundsin the NOKIA UK promotion with reference number NOK/9420XZ/68 for claims call +2348063122001." The sender number is +2348068718583. At first I ignored it, but then in the wee hours of the morning I began getting missed calls from these numbers +2348131217706, +2347064237954, +2348055477062. Well I'd get in contact with the claims number on February 2nd 2010 and a guy by the name of ERIC LASNICK or something like that, ask me how I took so long to reply, I told him I considered this a scam. He replied, No this is not a scam, you're speaking to NOKIA in th UK and give my full name so MY check can be preapered for me. I was contacted the next day this time by an african speaking guy who told me to London to full out documents, where i replied "but I live in Trinidad." He then responded he can ship the documents to me where it will cost me 300 pounds. I told him I need some time. So can someone give me some information on this matter please!!!

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money