Nokia Mobile Promotion

4.8
Nokia Mobile Promotion
Oman
Dear All,

Please see the below message received to me by NOKIA UK. Kindly give your comments whetere it is true or fraud.

Awaiting for your early reply.

regards,

Report phishing
Show original
Message text garbled?
Nokia Mobile Promotion Office to me
show details Dec 3 (16 hours ago)

Images are not displayed.

Display images below - Always display images from nokiamobile_promooffice@yahoo.co.uk

WARRNING!!!NOKIA MOBILE PROMOTION OFFICE PLEASE IF YOU RECIEVE ANY CALL OR EMAIL REGARDING THIS PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ALL DETAIILS OF EMAIL AND CONTACT DETAISL.

Attention: PASUPULATEI CHAKRAVARTHY VENKATAVARA PRASADA

Date: 3rd,Dec,2007

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Mr. Mark Cole I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £18,000.000.00 (Eighteen Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

**Personal
Gender: Male Female

City/State/Province:
Winning mobile number
Network Name
Amount won (in figure) £

**Internet
Contact email address(s) 1.
Internet connection Home Work Public

I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

Yours In Service,
Mr. Mark Cole
TEL +44-7031913944

Copyright ©2007 Nokia. All rights reserved.
Complaint comments Comments (77) Complaint country Oman Complaint category Online Scams
More Nokia Mobile Promotion Complaints & Reviews
Nokia Mobile Promotion - Lottery [14]
Nokia Mobile Promotion - lucky winner [5]

Comments

4th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Dear All,

Please comment on the above complaint

regards,

Chakri
 11th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM NOKIA UK. IT SAID I WON OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS. THEN THEY TOLD ME TO GET A COURRIER. THEY TOLD ME TO CONTACT KERRY COLE, fedex_ckerry@yahoo.co.uk

EMAIL CAME BACK, NO USER BY THAT NAME.
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
Yours faithfully,
Dr. Anthony Floyd
Tell:+44-704-575-7563
:+44-704-575-4969
Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

Sanaz Tehrani
Nokia Careline
Nokia Middle East & Africa

SO GUYS BE AWARE AND DO NOT CONTACT THESE CHEATERS AT ALL
 16th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
hello
I received a txt message this morning that i am a winner of 210,000 GBP.so please if you know some thing just sent for me .
 17th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
hello
I received a txt message this morning that i am a winner of 300,000 GBP.
so, please i want to know what was that? and is this mail is true or just from unknown sites .
and also what to do regarding this mail?
 18th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Today , 18th Feb 08, I was pleasantly surprised by Nokia email that I won GBP 385,000, so I googled about the Nokia UK Promo and so here I am. I' m glad to have found this forum & noted that its a scam, the email dont say "My names are, but I'm Dr. Anthony...

Thanks guys.
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I've received a txt message that i've won 300,000GBP from Nokia Mobile Promo, some one can guide me what to do? And is this true???
 26th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is fake....i deleted all messages from this cheaters

please don't believe this craps

i hope that nokia put this people in the jail
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
dear sir,
please note that i recived the same thing and i beleive that its cheating so please don't go a head and send for them any money it's logical for you that you have ot paid the couier charges to recived you own price ? why that they easyly dedect it from the prize
do you thik that nokia account officer has an e-maul adress under yahoo ? not on nokia site
regards
fatima
 15th of Mar, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Dear Boss,

I had god a massage from the NOKIA.UK. It said CONGRATULATIONS your mobile number has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO.for claims call-00447045757563. So now i m sending some word to get some important imformation.I had talk somethig about this by telephone but i couldn't be clear.Boss if is this truely or sure and certainly, how can i get this amount ? and what i have to do on future to claims this prizes?
I had given some my important quetion over there and i m going to say about my personal information. My name is BHIM NARAYAN LIMBU. I am from in NEPAL now i am working in Bahrain. So if there any massages for me this is my contact number 0097339119694.
Hoping you'll be acept my this massage and you'll be send some important information forme ,that will make path of my desire easily.

Your Faithfully

BHIM NARAYAN LIMBU
KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN.
 18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear Boss,

I got a massages from the NOKIA.UK. That said my mobile number has won (GBP)300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA PROMO. For claims call 00447045757563. So i am sending some massages with my special identification or right address that will make easy to contact each other.
My addresses is given bellow.

**Personals
Amount Won 300,000.00 Pounds
Amout Won Three Hundrad Thousand Pounds
** Internet
Contact email Address lbhimnarayan@yahoo.com

Internet connection Home Work public.
So I wise you will be accept this my personal information and hope you will be inform me regarding about this amout. Atlast please check my first massage and looking to your good answer.

Yours Faithfully

Bhim Narayan Limbu
Phone Number -0097339119694
KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN
 4th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I Got email from Dr. Anthony Floyd as below, please advise if this is true? or only scam

Best regards,
Wirian

To,

Winning Email Address:
Date: 4th April 2008

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA EMAIL PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Executive Secretary/Cash officer assigned to winners on the Email sweep stake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 143rd anniversary we rolled out over £245, 000.00 GBPS (Two Hundred and Fourty Five Thousand Great Britain Pounds) for our 143rd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company email addresses, and 30, 000, 000 individual email addresses from the 45 email domains from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London .

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitise the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the verification form below

**Personal

City/State/Province:
Winning email address
Domain Name
Amount won (in figure) £

Contact email address(s)

Tel/Mobile Number 1.
Internet connection Home Work Public

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 143rd Anniversary Draws.

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Anthony Floyd
Executive Secretary/Cash Officer
Email: nokia.3310@live.com
Tel:+447045781943

Copyright ©2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.
...
...
This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents
 5th of May, 2008 by    +1 Votes
sir, I Recived a txt message and one e-mail on date 02-may-2008 . I am a winner of nokia promo 142 nd A nniversarey Draws.This message send from Dr. DAVE SMITHH .TEL.+4470-4578-9137 TO my mobile noumber-+971501492723.I would like to conformed the prise award that i have got more over i have recived e-maill message from Mr. Jack willpord dispatch officer FEDEX courier service saying that an amount 500 GBP to be send Mr. Dan wallare, 2 nd floor. kings ford avenue, London. uk. As a deliver mail fees.PLEASE CLARIFY THESE ABOVE SUBJECT TO PROCEED FURTHER.
 6th of May, 2008 by    +1 Votes
My uncle received a text saying that he won $165GBP. So i decided to look into this and after reading some complaints found out that this is a scam. totally unbelivable because we live in fiji, which is a small island nation in the pacifc and to receive a text all the way from nokia uk was kind of weird.

SO BEWARE PEOPLE.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
on From: z_ein_007@hotmail.com
To: uk.nokia@live.com
his what happened on 09-05-08 i recieved a message and it stated as below mentioned. so i respond by mail as follows:
Subject: winning 500, 000usd name and address
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 21:37:05 +0300
Further to your MSM message dated 09-05-08 received at at 9: 10 pm Doha Time from Tel. no. +2347083789897 stating that
" Congratulations!This mobile # has won usd 500, 000usd in the on going Nokia PROMO.email your name and the mobile no. to: uk.nokia@live.com Tel. +447031852259".
I called this person on tel. no and he responded Nokia Services.
then they sent me and e-mail to fill the formts as the following:
NOKIA CO-OPERATION UNITED KINGDOM
60 Merriman Road Blackheath
London SE3 8RZ England.
VERIFICATION NUMBER: NKP-223-737
MOBILE NUMBER: +974 5380972
Date: 10-05-08
Attn: Walid Taha Zein
The draws was conducted by a random selection of mobile number from an exclusive list of 80, 731 mobile number of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from over 200 Telecom company directory all over the world.
However, your mobile number has been verified and assign to verification number(NKP-223-737).
You are to send the completed verification form below to our office in the United Kingdom whose mobile is given above so that you will be advised on what to do to get your prize money. Congratulations once again!
**Personal details
Tel: +44 703 180 9938
Fax:+44 704 090 0024
NOKIA CO-OPERATION UNITED KINGDOM
60 Merriman Road
Blackheath London SE3 8RZ England.
VERIFICATION NUMBER:NKP-223-737
PARCEL ID: ECO25CF
12-05-08
ATTN: Mr. Walid Taha Zein
Congratulations once again on behalf of the Manager and staff of NOKIA UNITED KINGDOM. We do believe that your winnings will be put into good use for community, educational and business development. Your cheque and other document that will enable you claim your prize in your destination has been pickup from our office by E-Courier Delivery services.
You are required to contact the Customer Service Manager of E- Courier Delivery Service Customer desk with the following details:
Contact person:
Name: Charles Ford.
Email address: customerservice@e-courieronline.com
Website:http://e-courieronline.com
Tel: +447031825665, +447045718639
Fax: +447005800176
NOTE:
1. Services rendered by E-COURIER DELIVERY SERVICE are to be paid by you and not Nokia co-operation. Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from, this is because your cheque cannot be cashed by anyone. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.
2. You have to contact E-Courier Delivery Service with your Name, Parcel ID(ECO25CF), Winning mobile number and Delivery address.
Any claim not made before seven (7) working days from date of notification indicate that the winner has voluntarily forfeited his/her winnings.
Congratulations once again!
NOKIA UK.
Tel: +44 703 185 2259
Fax:+44 704 090 0024
ORDER ID: ECO2349UK
DATE: 12/05/08
Compliment of the day to you.
You are welcome to E-Courier Delivery Services LTD Dispatch UNIT. We are pleased to be at your service.Your order has been recieved and we are ready to deliver your parcel to your address as soon as you pay for the cost of delivery(C.O.D).
Information about your parcel is as follows:
An original certificate of weight :-------------0.05kg
Bonded draft of weight :-------------0.11kg
Total weight of parcel :-------------0.16kg
Colour of Parcel :-------------Brown
Sealing status:---------Premium Seal
Owner of Parcel: Walid Taha Zein
Delivery Address: Qatar, Doha, madenet khalifeh south, bensourakeh street, door no, 89
Country to be deliver to: QATAR
Owner of Parcel Tel: 00974 5380972
Parcel ID: ECO25CF
Delivery status: PENDING
Cost of Delivery(C.O.D)
Choose Options: 1.Express Delivery 2.Courier Regular 3.Courier Regular late.

E-Courier Delivery Service 24hours day delivery 2-3 Working days 4-5 working days
Courier fee £180.00 £170.00 £160.00
Insurance £90.00 £90.00 £80.00
Vat (5%) £300.00 £290.00 £240.00

TOTAL COST GB(Pounds) £570:00 £550:00
£480:00

You are to make payment for the Cost of Delivery(C.O.D) through any WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER office to our payment officer:
Name: Mr. Johnson Walden
Address: 182, Townmead road Sw6 2ru, fulham london, England, United Kingdom.
Email:info@e-courieronline.com

Note:
1.After payment has been made, you are requested to send to us payment information via email(WESTERN UNION MTCN NUMBER, SENDER FIRST NAME, SENDER LAST NAME, SENDER ADDRESS, AMOUNT PAID) and do endeavour to call this office for the notice of your payment.

2.Our dispatch officer(Delivery man)will be coming to your country to deliver your parcel after you have paid the Cost of Delivery of your parcel.

3.We do not accept Payment on Delivery(P.O.D) of any kind.

E-COURIER DELIVERY SERVICE
Email:customerservice@e-courieronline.com
Website:http://e-courieronline.com
Tel:+447031825665, +447045718639
Fax:+447005800176

be aware of these scams because 1rst
Nokia will never ask any peny to deliver any promotion .
The wording and preparation of schdules do not reflect a proffecional company.
I hpoe that Nikia company will take this issue seriously and trace these scams to punish these cheaters and to be hanged in order to safe other people who will be stucked in these scams.
 24th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have received exactly same scam and unfortunately dint know much about him. However before it was too late, after discussing with my friends, I called my bank and asked them not to authorize any transaction without my permission. I also sent an email to these people saying I know its a scam. We really need to take more caution against such people who make a living out of robbing innocent people.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
In fact we got an SMS saying that we won 84000 GBP from Micheal Udu in Nokia UK and we proceeded with them and sent them our information and we live in Cairo, Egypt and then we gave them our bank account to transfer the amount. Then we got an e-mail saying that we have to pay 550 GBP as transfer costs so I don't know whether this is a trick or a fraud or what i just want to make sure if so our info or bank account won't be used for any bad intentions.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too got a message from
+2348071272065 saying that my mobile number has won me the sum of 1000000 pounds not dollers on this year nokia porom.
I wonder if it is true or not. But I do believe that the world is not so generous that much. Nor do i think I am foolish enough to call the number given above. SO BE CAREFUL.
 8th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I reiceved an SMS about a prize money from NOKIA and then I got an email saying :
Nokia Verification Form

Date: 5th June, 2008

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Mr. Eddie Brown. I am the Nokia Executive Secretary assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over $16, 000, 000.00 (Sixteen Million United State Dollars) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the Verification claims form below.

I casually filled the form and then I send it. But then I suspected the nature of the mail. I need some advise from you. I have sent my informations like address, name, email id. Can it create some problem?

Please help

Regards.

Subhadip Chakrabarti
 13th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile phone has won 990, 000.00 pound on the ongoing UK NOKIA PROMO. I send some email for them and I recieved :

This is to inform you that you are indeed one of the lucky winners of the Nokia promotion and all the winners will be paid from our paying bank British Linen Bank Plc, here in London.
We have attached herein copy of your British Certificate of Legality from the High Court for your payment, more details and clarification of your winning and confirmation.
We hereby advice you to contact our authorized paying bank British Linen bank London Plc for your won prize payment by Certified International Cheque.
Bank Name: BRITISH LINEN BANK.
16, Charlotte Square
Edinburgh, EC2 4DH
Tel: +44 702 405 1510
Tel: +44 702 407 6698
Fax: +44 7005-808-238
E-mail enquiries: info@britishlinebnk.com
Contact Person: Sir Brian Moffat
Head Forex and Remittance Dept.

email's british linen bank:
Attention: Mr. Babak Kian,
This is to notify you that your certificate of legality and other information has been confirmed for your UK Nokia promotion won prize payment.
After due process, you are hereby declared as the rightful owner of the sum of £990, 000.00 drawn from the Nokia account with our bank.
The Management of British Linen Bank London has today issued your cheque as instructed by the UK Nokia Promotion Organization after going through your file and documents.
You are hereby advised to contact the Zenith Courier Company for your cheque insurance and delivery to your country ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN.
ZENITH EXPRESS UK
372-374 Cranbrook Road
Gants Hill Ilford,
London, IG2 6HW
Phone: 0044 704 570 3999
Fax: 0044 700 580 2574
Email: zenithexpress_uk@inbox.lv
Find below the contact information of the paying Bank officer:
Also note that your International Certified Bank Cheque must be insured by an insurance company before delivery to your country and this is to enable us commence all legal protocols for approval and immediate shipment to your country ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN by a courier company within the next 24 hours.

email's zenith express uk:
Phone: 0044 704 570 3999
Fax: 0044 700 580 2574
Email: zenithexpress_uk@inbox.lv

Dear Mr. Babak Kian,

We have been authorized to contact you after the receipt of your package from the UK NOKIA PROMOTION for delivery and insurance of your won prize cheque to IRAN.

Please Sir, Kindly provide us with the your complete mailing address for your cheque insurance and delivery accordingly. All packages No. 09BLF-UK for Asia and Middle east countries will be ready for shipping and all flight schedule information for the
departure/arrival time will be available to you immediately the Insurance is made.

COURIER DELIVERY OPTIONS:

DHL COURIER
Insurance: £200.00 GBP (UNPAID)
Administrative: £240.00 (UNPAID)
Time of delivery: 24hours
Total Courier Charges: £445.00 GBP.

FEDEX EXPRESS
Insurance: £ 180.00 (UNPAID)
Administrative: £240.00 (UNPAID)
Time of delivery: 24hours
Total Courier Charges: £420.00 GBP.

UPS COURIER
Insurance: £300.00 (UNPAID)
Administrative: £250.00 (UNPAID)
Time of delivery: 24 hours
Total Courier Charges: £550.00 GBP.

UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE
Insurance: £320.00 (UNPAID)
Administrative: £250.00 UNPAID)
Time of delivery: 24 hours
Total Courier Charges: £570.00 GBP.

ZENITH EXPRESS UK POSTAL SERVICE
Insurance: £250.00 (UNPAID)
Administrative: £55.00 (UNPAID)
Time of delivery: 24 hours
Total Courier Charges: £305.00 GBP.

Note:

• All Beneficiaries are responsible for their Overnight Speed Post CHEQUE DELIVERY CHARGES so as to gain authorization from the British High Court Commission.

• The insurance fee and administrative charges have not been paid.

Finally, only authorized receipients or (Persons) who's information and identity information is provided are allowed to receive their packages respectively. This company will not be dealing with a third party or held responsible for any mis-information.

MR. HUGO ERICSON.
Director (Zenith Delivery Company).

I want this is scam or no?
thanks