logo
search

Nokia, England, Avon Complaints & Reviews - Poor customer service / after sales service

Nokia Group Contacts & Informations

Nokia

Posted:

Poor customer service / after sales service

Nokia
Avon, England
United Arab Emirates
Dear Sir,

I write to you with both the utmost disgust at your “after sales service” in Dubai and barely an ounce of hope that this letter will be met with anything more than a ‘text book’ apologetic response. However, as a letter of complaint is probably the last stone to be unturned in my quest for some semblance of customer service at Nokia, I feel I have no choice but to undertake what will obviously be a colossal waste of my time and energy.

Allow me to start at the beginning. I purchased a Nokia 6710 Navigator from the Nokia showroom in Burjuman mall, Bur Dubai on the 7th of April. In just over 20 days, the keypad of my brand new phone began functioning erratically. When I took it back to Michael, the sales person who attended to me when I made the purchase, I was informed that I could only return / exchange a phone within 7 days of the purchase. However, he reassured that problem was most likely just a software glitch that could easily be rectified by performing a software upgrade which would take “approximately an hour”. Not one to make a fuss, I decided to indulge in some window shopping in the mall whilst I waited. After spending FOUR HOURS (when an estimate is quadruples, it ceases to be an estimate and ends up being just plain ignorance) memorizing every window in the mall, I was informed that the problem still persisted and that the phone would need to be taken to the Nokia service centre on Khalid Bin Waleed road where I was asked to contact the manager, Mr. Robbie.

I managed to find the time to visit the service centre only on the 29th of April. Mr. Robbie, who I must admit was a very polite gentleman, told me that he would try to have the phone returned to me the same evening, failing which, the phone would be returned on the 2nd of May as the service centre was closed on weekends. I received a text on the 2nd of May stating the job number (51003841) and informing me that the service centre was awaiting parts for the repair. When I called the service centre for further details, the lady that answered could neither tell me what parts they were waiting for nor when the parts were expected.

By this time my usually boundless patience had began to wear extremely thin. I made a few calls in an attempt to lodge a complaint and was finally given the number of a Mr. Gilbert, who told me he was the manager in charge of all the Nokia outlets in the city. Finally! I had found someone with the authority and ability to end my saga. I poured my heart out to Mr. Gilbert who eventually asked me to send him a text message stating my name, the job number I was given and the model number of my phone. He claimed he would look into the matter “immediately” and get back to me. For a brief moment, I thought I had found the one person at Nokia who actually knew what the terms ‘customer service’ and ‘after sales service’ meant. How wrong I was! The fact that Mr. Gilbert did not bother to call me back was only half as disturbing as the fact that when I tried to call him back at least twice, he refused to answer my calls.

I was left with no option but to turn back to Mr. Robbie at the service centre for assistance. I called him up and he explained to me that the shipment he was expecting had a problem with customs at a port along the way. However, he claimed that the shipment had since been cleared and was already on it’s way to Dubai and I was given an outside limit of one week for the repair work.

This conversation took place during the first week of May. Subsequently, I received another text from the Nokia service centre that was identical to the first one. As I type this letter it is the 13th of May, which is a Thursday, and I am STILL awaiting the return of my phone. Being the weekend the service centre will be closed tomorrow and the day after that. If my phone is not returned to me today, it will be 15 days since I have given it for repairs.

Before this nightmare began, I was a staunch promoter of Nokia phones, proclaiming to all and sundry how convenient and user friendly they were. Practically every phone I have owned to date has been a Nokia. Unfortunately, I find that user friendliness is a BIG price to pay for total and complete lack of customer care. Which is why I have decided to sell my new Nokia 6710 when I get it back from your service centre and shift to another brand. I am fully aware that the loss of a single customer will not hurt your company in the least. I suppose it is that very mentality that has manifested itself in the service I had to endure over the last month.

Regretfully yours,

Sebastian Mascarenhas
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Arab Emirates Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Mobile not responding
India

I buy a nokia mobile on the date of 22/7/2006 but i got a lots of problem and all ready repair it two times but it is as the same position in this time. I fell a lots of problem regarding to this mobile, now it is hang out 6 to 7 times in a day and i cant able to use it properly! Help smb!
 19th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
I bought my N70 2-months back... Right now i am in pune... My display is completely gone instead of careful usage...
 25th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - No proper customer care cent!
India

There is no proper evaluation of the handset in the customer Care, they just want to escape the responsibility.

I had enough with nokia people, i will never in my life time go for nokia product again.
 28th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Faulty phone!
India

I bought NOKIA 3125 CDMA. WIth in 6 months the phone book disappeared and phone sound became noisy. NOKIA service people say they do not have its software and would take one month to repair it.

This is the lousiest response I got from any service center.
 3rd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Signal problem!
Pakistan

I have Nokia 2100 Type NAM-2, i am facing a problem with this handset that the place where signals are strong handset is working and the place where signals are weak there is a problem that i can't place and receive any call. I don't know what is the problem. Very poor service!
 25th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Duplicate sim not activated till today.
India

My mobile no. Is 09910835272. My first sim card rejected and i sumbited our first sim card in your g. T. Road ghaziabad. And i purchase duplicate sim card in your branch office. But duplicate sim card is not activate till today.
I purchase duplicate sim card on dt. 20. 08. 07.

Please solve my problem an urgent basis.

Thanks & regards
Dinesh chandra
 26th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Faulty batter replacement.
India

i got the nokia mobile phone having battery series BL-5C. the sl no of the battery is:0670400363563N282523108315.

You are requested to kindly do th eneedful.

Regards,

Chandan
 28th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Nonservicing & misbehavior
India

I am from Bikaner (Rajasthan). I purchased a Nokia 2626 on 12th May 2007 from Nokia authorized retailer "Mobile House". But after 14 month it starting create problems of hanging. I submitted this handset 2 times to Nokia Care "Aditya Enterprises" but the didn't repair it properly & at last return handset with same problem. He also abuse me. I am very disappointed to see Nokia's hopeless service.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Funny noise during conversation
Zimbabwe

Phone self dialing series of 6 (666666666666) and making a funny noise during a phone conversation. How can i get rid this problem somebody help me.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - BL-5C battery replacement
India

I applied online 14 days back, my battery was eligible of replacement….but till now i have recd. nothing neither Battery nor reply of mail. Is it a process of making fool in hole-sale.? If the phone explodes in the mean who will be the responsible??? and i can’t Live without my mobile.I may wait max for one week after which i wish to fill a court case via consumer care of Judiciary India.
 12th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Unanswered request!
India

This was a request placed to Nokia 3 months back to change the mobile earphone attachment of the new mobile (Nokia 6300). Since then, I have been going to Nokia care, calling customer care, complaint cell but all in vain...
 12th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Poor performance, delay in repair
India

I purchased nokia 3230(20500000941950)from big bazar durgapur,west bengal which started mail functioning after two months of use. I have given it for repair on 05/09/07 in durgapur nokia care (no:070906/35). Till date i have not received my mobile or any other communication. I have not expected such poor performance/service from a reputed make.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Sweepstakes scam!
South Africa

Was contacted by cellphone (not internet) to say I had won 91 000 GP in Nokia sweepstakes. Subsequently filled in forms sent by email - realized this is a scam and then they started calling 6am two days telling me to send money for courier and choose courier. Eventually I told the man that I would not send the money even if I had it with no guarantees this was not a scam. He slammed down the phone - saying a very harsh - "goodbye".
 19th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had registered the 26 digit battery number on 16th august 2007 but till date I had not received the replaced battery. Anyone suggest.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Replacement of the mobile and now the battery
India

Twice i had given my phone at the service center but instead of repairing it they had made the flap also very loose and had no reply for that again they had asked for the replacement of the battery, to send a sms to them but i got the reply that we will get back to you then and now one month has passed since then.

This is the way the company gives service to its customers...
 29th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - Faulty mobile set!
India

I purchased nokia set 3230 from authorized dealer of nokia in june 2006. the set was faulty from the day of purchase. I went to dealer several times but he refused to change the set & instead suggested I visit nokia gallery. The phone was given to nokia gallery three times but without ny results on the contry the spoiled the set. Today that set which i purchased for rs 12000 is totally of no use.

Beware!
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
go to a nokia replacement center and get it replaced for free...ur number comes under the replacement category...
 5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
hanging problem
 5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
nokia 1110 hanging problem
 16th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nokia - BL5C BATTEY
India

I HAVE COMPLAIN THROUG INTER NET FOR REPLACMENT OF DEFECTIVE BL5C BATTERY AND THAT IS STILL NOT COME IT HAS BEEN DONE 60 DAYS BEFORE YET NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN AND FOR THIS RESON MY POHONE IC IS BEEN DAMAGE WHEN I KEPT MY PHONE FOR CHARGING I AM NOT AT ALL SATISFY WIT NOKIA SERVICES THEY DNT UNDERSTAND CUSTOMERS EMERGENCES

Victims of Bank Overdraft Fees