logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
2. (15 mins ago)
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
3. (17 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die
4. (22 mins ago)

NJ ezpass Contacts & Informations

NJ ezpass

Posted:    Bernice Ertrachter

violation

Plaza PVK is a confusing toll plaza for out of state drivers. You have to pull off the road, like you are exiting, to pay the toll. Or, if you stay straight in the lane you are going thru the ezpass lanes. All other tolls booths have you pull over and pay, or drive thru. You know when you are at the toll booth.
Comments United States Public Transportation & Taxi
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More NJ ezpass complaints
NJ ezpass - False violation notices

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2009 by   Edwin Gonzalez +1 Votes
I live in florida and drove to New York. I had used Garden State PKWY. I paid all my tolls and dropped money in the basket. Apparently this system is used by E-Z pass to catch people off guard and get funds to operate. Fifty cents times five thousand percent will give E-Z pass the twenty five dollars violation charge. I had made the mistake to use this route and found owing seventy five dollars. I was told to send fifty dollars and the two dollars in tolls and they would waive a one time deal of twenty five dollars. This is such a great deal I told my wife hell will freeze over before I go back to New York. I wonder if the government ever fiscalize the amount of consumers that get these outrages violations and are responsible enough to check and wonder maybe there is something wrong here. Maybe the purpose is for people to be confused in using E-Z pass and they can collect revenues with this fish and bait system.
 20th of Jan, 2009 by   Maggie +1 Votes
I totally agree with the complaints posted about ezpass and the outrageous fees they charge if you are unlucky enough to get in the wrong lane and then find yourself up a creek. I was born in NJ, I travel the parkway quite frequently to get down the shore, so I know which lanes to get in for cash only (i do not have ezpass). As you are approaching the tolls, it is extremely difficult to get into the correct lane and you can't really tell which one it is until you are right there and then have to cut across a lane, hopefully not cut someone off, but hey, you gotta pay the toll, right? I was unfortunately lost December 29th this year trying to get to a hotel in Weehawken and I was on the NJ Turnpike, I took the wrong turn, I drove around for 3 hours (I don't have a gps!) and then I got back on the Turnpike, but knew I was going the wrong way - again! So i got off at the next exit and pulled up to the toll, by this time extremely upset and tense, had my 14 year old daughter with me, anyone who drives in this area this close to NYC knows the horrific volume of traffic and how it is virtually impossible to get in and out of any lane! Anyway, I pulled up to the toll booth and there was no person, and I had no idea what was going on until it dawned on me, great, I'm in the ezpass lane. I was intentionally trying to skip out on paying my $1.60 toll. I was lost! I got a notice yesterday that I owe ezpass $26.60, $25 for administrative costs. It costs $25 to send out a form notice? Give me a break. This is a total rip-off. It's not just out of state people this happens to, but I can imagine it happens more with them because they are not used to the crazy and ridiculous toll system we have here. If you want to get into NYC, take a bus or train, less hassle.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   g. eberly +1 Votes
After countless times of renewing my banking/credit card information, I continued to receive low balance signals everytime I went through an EZPASS lane. Needless to say, after months of EZPASS not correcting the problem they closed my account without ever sending me notification or statements regarding my account. When I called EZPASS to investigate, I was rudely told my account was sent to a collection agency, they could not give me any info. pertaining to my account, all inquiries would have to be through Alliance One. Only then was I given any info. and needless to say, I am one of many who had my account suspended without any notification from EZPASS. How can they make it mandatory to have an EZPASS when the state/company won't give you the time of day and clearly can't be bothered with doing there work!!! You know what you can do with your TAG!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Andrew +1 Votes
I completely agree. As an out of state driver trying to get to D.C. I was in the wrong lane with no way to get over to the correct lane. It was 9:00 in the morning so the traffic was terrible and I end up getting a letter in the mail 1 month later. I am currently argueing the fine due to the fact that I wanted to pay but was unable to. Hope all goes well?!
 11th of May, 2009 by   pissedoff +2 Votes
I visited New Jersey last month and paid every toll in cash. My daughter confirmed this.

I received an E-Z Pass violation notice anyway! -- for fifty cents plus a $25 fee. No picture was included.

I filed an appeal which was denied (They wanted documentation).

I sent them a check for fifty cents.
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   cheech +2 Votes
I got one from NY NJ EZ-PiSS. Same thing, I was forced into the wrong lane because of big trucks blocking my view of the the Lincoln Tunnel. They sent me a $16.00 toll plus administrative cost. I wrote of the situation and said it was not intentional. I have a Blazer K- 1500. The toll should be $8.00 I got another letter today saying I was suppose to send in the money for the toll. So, I am suppose to pay $8 toll and $25 administrative fee. They suck. This is the bad part of government. So what do I do? Pay it and stop stressing or send them a letter with $8 and maybe some postage and envelope fees. Maybe $9. Or will they suspend my license or arrest me? Maybe sweep the toll both. I refuse to get EZ-PiSS
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   PVK +1 Votes
I don't travel on the Garden State Parkway, but on 7/21/09 I ended up having to and
at PVK deposited my 50cents and also on the return trip.
I received a toll violation notice that I did not pay. Long story short, no matter how
many times I tell them I PAID BY CASH, I am told there is no doubt that I did, but I
still owe the money. WHY? If they agree that I paid, why am I being asked to pay
again? I have requested several times for them to let me know what happened to
my money that I paid, that they claim I did and I never receive an answer. That's
just part of another NJ agency taking money and asking for more just like all the
politicians. What a bunch of crock and they are allowed to harrass you until you
have no other recourse but to PAY. I am holding out.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   wh1 +1 Votes
I made three trips to NJ from NY down the GSP within a 10 day span. I very carefully paid all tolls with proper coinage.
I have recieved 3 notices that I failed to pay the toll $.50 at the very same booth each day. I waited until the toll was accepted and proceeded on, as I did for all the rest. I have a witness who handed me the proper coinage and I rechecked it before depositing.
I can't stand NJ, they are a bunch of crooks and it's like legal racketeering.. I will fight it to the end but they don't care about causing grief to people just as long as they can extort them.
Wish I could file some sort of complaint against them.. I'd sit in jail before I gave them one nickel of my hard earned money. NJ u suck.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   Just4All +2 Votes
I live in MA and have made 9 trips through NJ with my family including 2 young boys in last 3 years. During that time I have received 3 tickets for failure to pay a toll despite always gong through cash lanes. Since the second violation notice I always go to cash/receipt lanes, but it apparently does no good. Our recent violation included an indecipherable picture of the license plate and codes that made it very difficult to identify the location of the infraction. When I called the NJTPA the service person gave an entirely fabricated event ("you are lucky we didn’t issue you a speeding ticket"). The coercive threats on the ticket make it clear - you violated the toll and if you do not pay within 14 days your fine will increase from $25.50 to $500. The people you talk to are not in a position to help you and do not care if you are innocent or guilty. It appears that getting tickets is lucrative for NJ and they are not interested in justice. On principle, I will do my best to avoid NJ in the future. Please lets all do our part to send NJ a message that crime does not pay.
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Shaun Tancheff +1 Votes
I went through the Lincoln Tunnel 6 times, paid cash, 6 times. I now have a completely bogus violation that says I have to pay $33. This is unconscionable as the Toll operators at LT NEVER give a receipt so I have NO documentation or expectation that I can defend myself from such baseless allegations.

Since I will be in NYC again and almost certainly using the LT again I apologize in advance to the poor sods behind me that will just have to wait until I get my receipt. I encourage anyone crossing the Lincoln Tunnel to DEMAND A RECEIPT FOR CASH because the odds of getting a fine EVEN WHEN YOU PAY is about 16%. Sign me up for that lotto.
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   sharon10 0 Votes
On September 13, 2009 I went through the exact change lane at the Union Plaza on the Garden State Parkway and paid three quarters, two dimes and a nickel. Since my driver side window doesn't work and I have to open the car door in order to put the money in the basket, there is no chance that any change could have dropped (I remember that plaza because someone honked from behind me because I didn't got through quickly enough). There was no indicator that I didn't put enough money. Three weeks later I got a ticket claiming that I owe $25.00 administrative charge plus the $1.00. I have no proof that I paid because there was no one at the booth.

This was the second ticket that I've gotten - the first one was going from New Jersey to New York a few years ago. It was the middle of the day, so there were no cars ahead of me. Even though the lane clearly stated CASH, when I got to the toll booth, there was no one there. They waived the administrative fee since that was my "first violation".

This change to electronic collections obviously serves the purpose of raking in more money to support these corrupted governments. From now on, I will always use the manned booths and always give more money so that I have to get change. Hopefully they still give receipts because I plan to get those too.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   imlo 0 Votes
Well, I can see NJ E-Z Pass screws with everyone. When I called to speak with someone, I got to converse with TWO PEOPLE who could barely speak English. They told me so many scenerios I was almost laughing at them. In the end, one told me I went through an EZ pass lane (I DO NOT have E-Z pass) after agreeing I paid cash at a cash booth ... then told me I was traveling 7 MPH. 7MPH in an EZ Pass lane ... if anyone went that slow in those lanes they'd be smeared halfway to the Atlantic.
What a farce. I will NEVER travel to NJ again.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   fabooo 0 Votes
OK so far I was able to cancel my account within one week. i will be keeping my eye on my account online for the next 30 days, that is the time limit to when they said on the phone i should receive my refund, to make sure they follow through.
– i canceled my account online, click Contact Us at the bottom of the page. In category choose: CLOSING YOUR E-ZPASS ACCOUNT
– They email you within a day a Close Account Request Form as a pdf to fill out to send back with your plastic tag.
– You also have to enclose a letter stating why you are canceling, include ALL info from your Close Account Request Form so they can not mess anything up.
– when mailing all 3 things back i also attached a USPS tracking number so i knew when they received the package.
– it was recevied Nov. 2nd, so I called (1-888-288-6865; option 5) Nov. 4th to make sure it was processing, it had been.
– the Customer Service Rep was very helpful in telling me how to check for the closing on line.:
after you log in to your account Click On the Tag at the top that reads: Account History
Under that tag Click: Non-Financial History
Enter a start date of about 6 months prior to your date you called to check that they received it; then end date of day of phone call. ( i did 5/9/2009 – 11/4/2009) HIT submit.
– the top of the list shoud read:
TRANSACTION DATE DESCRIPTION
04-Nov-2009 10:49:56 Delete Device

Hope this helps
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   Mike1121356499885164 0 Votes
EZ Pass Blows. There is no recourse other than contacting your lawyer and I am not sure that will work either. I closed by account 4 years ago. When I returned the tags (4 of them) they said I still had one and would not close my account. By the time they notified me of this the person whom had stolen the tag was using it and adding tolls and fees. (he had switched them in my office. One old tag for my tag so I still had 4 to return and did not know one was not my original tag)

The vehicle in the photo's is not mine. The plates are not mine but they claim the tag is. I reported it stolen at that time. They still sent me the notices for months every time this jerk went through another ez pass lane.

Now I am in collections for over $1500 dollars in tolls and fee's for some A Hole who stole my tag and EZ Pass refuses to do anything about it except take mt to collections.

Did I mention it was not my vehicle in the photos?

I am so aggravated with their do nothing system. I can not even count how much time I have invested in hold time and going from supervisor to supervisor with no positive outcome.

Just another way NY can suck you dry!
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   tollpaid 0 Votes
I read all of the above, i dont think there is anything left to add in way of types of violations and harassments I have faced except to decide are you guys ready for a class action lawsuit?

if you are, e-mail me promptly at perfect_tranquility@yahoo.com If you are not interested, typing alphabets in Roman script will not remove their vice like grip on ur and my neck

R
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   lovelyskull 0 Votes
EZ Pass ugh.. where to begin. This company is horrible. I have been an ezpass customer for many years and apparently my credit card on file expired. While not knowing that it expired they were unable to replenish my tag. I drove through the plaza next to my house 17 times using my ezpass not knowing my account was cancelled. You are probably thinking "didn't I see the signs saying call ezpass or red light" notifying me that my tag was not good... well, I didn't because my toll plaza only has a traffic light that doesn't work...EVER... So it wasnt until I received $400 worth of fines over a $0.40 toll that I went through 17 times. I called them right away. They said my account was closed (I never received any letters or anything from ezpass) then told me to pay $60 so that they can resolve my account, which I did... Months later I receive 2nd, 3rd...notices and fines.. I call EZpass again they said they sent me to collections.. and that I still owe $25 x 17 times I went through the tolls... They said its because I am not an EZpass customer anymore when in reality I was a customer until they cancelled me which was after the 17 violations...

They totally trick you around Toms River too with the whole EZpass speed through thing where the regular tolls are all the way on the right and by the time you realize it, its to late and you are forced to drive though the ezpass..
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   Zagone 0 Votes
Like some writers above, my credit card date expired and E-ZPass never bothered to send email or postal mail notification. I did not know what "low balance" meant and in many cases was going through lanes where there was no such cryptic message at all. Eventually when I figured out to logon and update my credit card expiration I found that my license plate number had inexplicable been changed (and I know it was correct previously). Changing my license plate number back to the correct one triggered a huge slew of unpaid tolls and fines. Thanks for much!! Like they could not have traced me earlier through my transponder account?
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   taccord1 0 Votes
I must agree that Ezpass sucks!!! I only access my account maybe twice every three months. Everytime I try to log on the site is never available, customer service is closed and as a customer your stuck. Something simple as trying to give a company money is HORRIBLE. If it wasn't easy for me to use to go through tolls I would throw it out the window! They should change it to Hardpass because it's not EASY at all!!!
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   dbanks 0 Votes
I have had an NJ EZ Pass account for seven years. I always had a credit card noted in my EZPass account, online profile, as my payment method. About a year ago, my replenishment was increased from $25 a month to $55. This started at a time when I was using my EZPass the least amount over the seven years I carried the tags. Everytime I would go through a toll, it would read low balance, and I would then receive a violation in the mail. I would send the $4 violation charge, to EZPass Violation Center, noting information of my active account that was in good standing. My tags stopped working, and the customer service department told me that the batteries were dead in my tags. I returned all of my tags and received new tags. They still charged my account $10 each for the 4 disfunctioning tags I returned. The customer service has become less than helpful in assisting in my account issues. I noticed for about the past 9 months that my credit card, on my online account had been removed, by EZPass, and I would log back in, add my payment method, only to have it removed by them again. I received another violation, in January 2010, when my tag apparently did not read when I passed through a tol booth. I, again, sent EZPass $4 for the violation fee. They never cashed my check, nor did they return it to me. They never contacted me regarding this violation and when I called the customer service rep was less than knowledgeable about what to do. I eventually removed cars from the account when I received a notice from Alliance One that I owed EZPass $110. I repeatedly called EZPass, diligently attempting to resolve the problem. I was denied access, to my account, online, and could no longer make payments for replenishment. I returned all of my tags and am now told that it takes a long time to process returned tags. I am still receiving violations and I don't even have any EZPass tags in my possession. I have filled a complaint with the BBB in NJ. There seems to be no communicating with them in resolving this problem; and it has been over 4 months now, with me calling them over and over to take care of this. Any direction, from others, who have had similar issues would be appreciated.
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   tollpaid 0 Votes
I got notice of enforcent, third one from state of NJ. as i said b4, i tried hard to talk to someone there but they have placed some buffoons who have nothing to do with this process except asking if i have an account with them while munching their chicken at same time. enough jersey enough. u dint listen to me, now i care 2 hoots about your notices. those 3 notices are likely to be used as an absorbent surface if i happento place tea/coffee/soda on a wooden surface.

screw jersey trash, state mafia. come get me, hang me, do a trial in trenton or hang me at the public square anywhere. not one cent will move.

Personal Details of Mobile Phone Customers Have Been Stolen