They specialize in spam

They specialize in spam. If you subscribe, you will get several messages each day from them and other "partners" who would just love for you to subscribe to their service for a fee. Furthermore, any news they do send you is slanted towards the tea party and reads more like propaganda than news. If you tell them to stop spamming you, they ignore you and send you more. This company is associated with MoneyNews.com and AfterShock.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

29th of Aug, 2011 by    -4 Votes
As a current employee of Newsmax Media Inc., I am very familiar with the procedure used for unsubscribing from our email list. We include a link to unsubscribe from any emails we send, which is in the email for easy use.

Also a customer may unsubscribe by calling, or emailing, our Customer Service Department. Our contact information is also included at the bottom of every email and we strictly adhere to our Privacy Policy of NOT sharing your contact information with anyone.

Our Privacy Policy can be reviewed here:

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction and hope to hear from you soon.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I think the employee of Newsmax is deluding him/herself that they respond to removal requests. I have made multiple requests to be removed but so far they've been ignored and the spam keeps on coming. Why do I call it spam if I signed up for it in the first place? Because it's presented very poorly as if a backroom spammer had composed it, even including caps and odd colours, and because it's mostly GOP propaganda and thusly full of BS. But no matter, I've now filtered the messages out and no longer receive them.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Exactly my experience except for that since I have unsubscribed, the flood of promotional emails and political propaganda seems to have stopped. What is worse is that they have defrauded people with credit card charges (they tried with me as well), see the complaint "More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com" incl. my comment, as well as the complaints regarding Newsmax posted on other websites (just do a search for "Newsmax fraudulent" or similar search strings).
 11th of Jan, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I had to call them to be removed and unsubscribe, at which point the spam stopped. It should not be necessary to make that call; the unsubscribe button should work!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I've tried 6 times over 2 months to unsubscribe to all the newsletters they automatically signed me up for. No success. Another email via their web-based contact form didn't work either. They are spammers, pure and simple. It is unwanted and unsolicited information that won't stop.
 28th of Jan, 2013 by    +1 Votes
This company is evil!! I have NO idea how I ended up on their email list, and have tried to unsubscribe repeatedly. No luck. Now I get several annoying, blatantly right wing emails (read: SPAM) per day and can't seem to make it stop! Horrible horrible practices and frankly, not at all surprising considering their political slant. I'll try calling them next.
 1st of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
They have been ignoring my unsubscribe requests for over a week.
 3rd of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I have used their unsubscribe link on every email from them that I get, yet the spam volume has actually increased.

Contact Us