Nationwide Insurance

Rear Ended by One of there Driver's

Nationwide Insurance
One Nationwide Gateway Dept 5867
Des Moines, Iowa
I was out of state and rear ended by one of thier driver's and at first the Insurance Agent, Larry Czeponis, was really nice and taking care of everything, then it all changed after he had me sign a release form in a very scadalist way. In the drive way of my parents house he stated to me that Nationwide wanted to offer me $500 for any other inconveniences that I have incurred, I told him that I DID NOT want anything except for the gentleman that hit me to take responsibility, my vehicle to be fully repaired, and our medical bills to be covered. We then went into my parents home and I gave receipts that I had paid out of pocket expenses and as he was writing the check he stated "about the other thing (meaning the money he discussed with me in the driveway), I have just added to the check that I am writing you and I said well ok, then as he was handing me the check, he handed me a piece of paper and stated "in order to give you this check, I need you to sign this paper and I said ok. I said to him "what is this paper that I am signing" (as I am signing it) and he states to me that this is a paper that states you will not sue the person or his mother for hitting you. This was done while I was still out of state and unable to see any of my primary care physicians. I have now returned back home to find out that the gentleman that hit me has cause me to have 3 sprained muscles in my neck and costant (daily) headaches. My father, who was also in the vehicle has suffered a sprained neck and lots of visits to his doctor for lots of trips. I then had my husband call Mr. Larry Czponis and he acted as if he didn't have time and stated to my husband that due to me signing that paper (that he 1. Never explained and 2. Had me believing it was a receipt of the checks) that there is nothing further I can do. SO I GUESS I'M SCREWED!!! What a way to conduct business and explain whats going on when you have just been involved in a trematic auto accident. To top it off I have no information to report his employee practices...Anyone have any info???
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us