Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage
Nationstar called me out of the blue, offering a refi at a half percent lower than what I was at, 30 yr. fixed, etc. Very skeptical at first but finally felt comfortable after going through the process with them. Paid for the appraisal, non-refundable of course. Appraisal comes in at $20k less than what's needed to secure the loan...Of course it did! Now I'm out $400 without a new, lower mortgage. I believe Nationstar defrauded me in that they called & wanted my refi loan business and they should have or know more information on the estimated value of the home. They put me through the whole process only to pull the rug out at the end, with no new mortgage and no savings. I had no choice in who the appraiser would be, Nationstar chose for me. Are they working together...? Nationstar says they receive nothing from the appraisal fee, yet I'm thinking differently... Amazing that my value comes in at $20k less than what's needed, so close! It's not like I expected $500k when the value was $250k. I know the market is rough, but I know my home is worth more than what the wonderful appraiser marked it as. $20k difference!!! I think Nationstar should provide me a refund for all of this nightmare. I think they do reap a benefit from the appraisal as Nationstar wouldn't just call & offer a mortgage out of the goodness of their heart!!! No business, especially a mortgage lender does that!!! Sad thing is like most Americans, our mortgage companies have us bent over the counter & are doing whatever it is they please with us, and we have no say or recourse. BEWARE of Nationstar & their schemes!!!
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful?

14th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Nationstar Mortgage - Refianance

Nationstar Mortgage called me to see if I would like to refinance for a fixed rate in April 2007. I agreed and paid them $350 for the apprasail which was done. I called them for an update and Chris at Nationstar told me everything was good and I good miss my April payment and start in May. May came and I never received my appraisal and I called NationStar, they said they didn't know anything about it and I guess your out of $350. They reported me to the three credit agencies as delinquent and it has ruined my credit.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Do You want to keep your house? I have an inside with nationstar mortgage. I 've had tremendous success with this company and I believe I can remodifiy your home. I've even modified the same home with them twice within a 2 month period. If you would like advice, email me at modificationexpress.net.

23rd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I had the same experience with Nationstar but they have not pull the rug out from under me yet. They have, however, been stringing me along since Dec. 2010. It is now April 23, 2011 and we are to close on Mon. 4/25 or Tues. 4/26. At this point and after reading about others problems with this mortgage company, I am afraid to proceed with Nationstar, if we actually get as far as the closing. I will definately read every word in the fine print before signing.
 19th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I too have been trying to refinance through Nationstar...and the appraisal came back lower than my house is worth. I have since canceled the refinance but I, too am out of about $400.00. I would love to get in on a class action suit. They make it almost impossible to refinance. The information the ask for is way more than I had to have to build my home. Thank you for you story. I got out ...but I'm $400.00 poorer.
 19th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I think Nationstar Mortagage is a rip-off.
 7th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have been trying to refinance since August 20th, 2012 after NationStar called me. I have been set up to close 4 different times now & everytime they cancel for a different excuse. After I played relay station between title co and NationStar I can tell that the company has no idea what they are doing. I am getting away from NationStar ASAP!
 15th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
This company is a real poor excuse for a mortgage company. I have been strong along for refinancing sincce May 2012 and still no refinance. Any advise for options to get rid of them is welcome

Nationstar Mortgage Logo Nationstar Mortgage