Nationstar Mortgage

Posted:

Stay away from these crooks

Nationstar Mortgage
I was gong through my mortgage bill recently and found the was a charge on the bill for Property Inspections. It wasn’t for a lot of money, only $27, so I called them and asked them why this was on the bill, they said “It was a legal charge they put on my bill for having someone drive by my home to make sure if we are still living here. They said they do it for people who get behind on their mortgage to make sure they are still living there and it was in our contract. My mortgage was recently sold to Nationstar Mortgage from Aurora Mortgage and that has never been done before and I lived at this property since 8/1997. I said it was not part of my contract and they said it was and the only way they can dispute this is by a hand written letter sent to their company to check into it. First of all, how do I know that anybody drove by my house ever, secondly isn’t that a violation of my privacy rights not to mention wire fraud? Can you please look into this for me? Thank you very much.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
nationstat mortage is a bunch of crooks, dont deal with this bunch
 2nd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
they are charging us $600.00 for drive by property inspection on a monthly basis. with this i wont live long enough to pay off these crooks
 15th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
my wife passed away over 3 years ago and her daughter agreed to live in the home and make payments, I found out she was over 1 year past due on the mortgage by browsing the net. (the company never notified me, even though they knew where I lived) The loan has supposedly been in foreclosure since Jan 2011. I and my attorney have asked them to close out the loan, as I am disabled and cannot take care of the property, and move on but they will not.
 30th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I, too have a property inspection fee of $39 and Nationstar also told me that this is a monthly fee they charge each time I get behind with my mortgage. I also want to know if this is a legitimate fee that they can charge. Another question, does someone actually drive each month to check on my property? I highly doubt it. Yet, they say that someone does and they also have the right to charge me this fee. I understand them charging me a late fee, but a property inspection fee as well?
 27th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
My mortgage was just bought by nationstar and I too have noticed a bill for 12 dollars for property inspections which in 3 years I never paid to my other servicer, they told me it was because their investors request it and that I am obligated to pay this thru my contract. what a rip off
 18th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I tried to call them just yesterday about this crazy inspection fee but all I could get was an automated message which of course would not explain what this fee was for. I had to fill out one of their 'contact forms' to ask what is was and for them to send me proof of this fee in my contract. (My loan was also bought by this terrible company as well). I did tell them that I cant wait to get my home sold so I can get rid of this terrible mortgage company. I've never had such terrible customer service in all my life!!! I am NEVER, yes NEVER late on my house payment as I want to keep my credit report clean!
DO NOT USE THIS MORTGAGE COMPANY !!!

Contact Us