logo

Bid4assets.com
Untrustable place
2. (30 mins ago)
LG refrigerator
Anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem
3. (1 hr 26 mins ago)
Financial Aid/Disbursement Problems

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Magazine Exchange, Clearwater, Florida Complaints & Reviews - prize in strike it rich VI sweepstakes

National Magazine Exchange Contacts & Informations

National Magazine Exchange

Posted:    chari

prize in strike it rich VI sweepstakes

National Magazine Exchange
16120 US 19 North
Clearwater, Florida
Phone: 1-888-727-6247
this has been going on about for five months now. My significant other is a subscriber to the periodicals magazine company and this sweepstakes started showing up when he joined the periodicals company for a batch of magazines. "Strike It Rich VI Sweepstakes" is the name of the contest and we really don't know if this is a real deal or a scam. gets an envelope about every three to four weeks stating on the front in RED letters SECOND NOTICE. on the back of the envelope and the side of the letter inside is this:
(NOTIFICATION SYSTEM from National Magazine Exchange the numbers below that are: :}0476:052648":1452) and all the little characters are what are on the papers. this is the deal he calls the number above before the deadline (which he has been doing for bout five months now) then he gets asked all sorts of questions and asked if he wants to be subscribed to the periodicals company (which he is already a member of) then they enter his name and we wait for another envelope. the prize amount on this sweepstakes is $2, 100, 000.00. is this a real deal or a scam? have no idea how to tell on this for it coensided with the subscription with the Periodicals magazine company.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008 by   Teri Skelton 0 Votes
Clearwater BBB

I think that NME Strikes it Rich..
The rest is just a sleazy scam to sell us overstock magazines.
 22nd of Oct, 2008 by   Robin Bowie-Mascoll 0 Votes
I also have just recently recieved one of those National Magazine Exchange Scams. I was a little interested but my mind told me don"t be a fool. So I Went on line to see if I was wrong and I came across these complaints about this sweepstake. Thank you gor having peoples concerns posted about these scams.

Robin Bowie-Mascoll
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   timbo 0 Votes
today is nov. 13, 08 and i recieved a letter from this place and was kind of iffy about it. what seemed legit was it didn't require any money like the other scams do but the bad thing is i'm not a member or even subcribed to any magazine at all. i got the second notice and wondering when was the first and i know i didnt fill out no sweepstakes. I always check the web to see if anything is real. i found this site and i think its a good thing that someone helps others to recognize these scams so thanx

timbo, Los Angeles
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   Frankie47 0 Votes
11/13/08 - received notification: "We are trying to reach you regarding your $2, 1000, 000.00 prize entry ID# followed by a 9 digit number." Need to reply by Nov 20, 2008. Number to call is 1-800-420-5478. We also subscribe to periodical magazines so that probably the link... Felt it was a scam too. Frankie ~ Connecticut
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   Clifford Armstrong 0 Votes
Hello ya'll, I just recieved a second notice myself and I'm feeling about like Robin, Just seem to good to be true, something about two dimond watches ????
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   Frankie47 0 Votes
Search the different years (replace VI with V or IV, etc) and you'll see complaints for each year (this is the 6th). Some comments say their sweepstakes have the Good Housekeeping logo or if you enter, the prize might be a 'free' vacation. You know, the ones where you go to a timeshare and are required to listen to the 'presentation'. If it's too good to be true, it probably is...
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Elias Zaied 0 Votes
My name is Elias Zaied, and I was lucky enough to get a prize entry regarding $ 2, 100, 00.00 Dollars on July 21, 08 and it would void on August 14, 08, UNFORTUNATALLY for ME I was Hospitilized in Tucson, Arizona At U.P.H KINO Hospital from July17, 08 until September 14, 08 making me even more MIERABLE than I already was since when I gou out and read the great news it was too late, void, and sad for me for not gettiant mof my money nor having the opportunity to win up to$2, 100, 00.00 that you know I desprearally need since I am a T.B.I patient (Traumatic Brain Injury) since October13, 2001 meaning it has beeb 7 full years with costly medications, doctors visits, and physical Rehabilitation classes. My I.D, and registerd prize entry number was and I really hope there is a chance for IT, to still be MY LIEF CHANGING contest number is748021905.I have absolutally nothing ugly nor negative to say about you and your ´´LIfe Changing´´ Company. Thank you for UNDERSTANDING both o my situations # 1 got the mail too late for being hospitilized and #2 the URGENCY of my HEALTH: Rest less leg syndrome, Over active bladder, Insomnia, uncontrolable bowl movments (stomach spasams), stifnes, spasticity and lipping of my full right leg.
Thank you, please change my life with the $2, 100, 000.00 prize plus the $100, 000.00 bonus prize that both of my status are UNAWARDED you would LITTERALLY change my life for the better : health wise, pay hospital debts and pay my poor mother for all that she has done and payed, she even lost her credit and everything because of her TRYING to make me both happier and HEALTHIER! Thank You, Elias Zaied sent on November 18, 08 at 3:32 pm AZ time.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   noonecares 0 Votes
isint ther laws aginst this tipe of stuff if not ther sholdbe.what realle pissis me off about thes things is ther are real peopole who cold use the money .yes im stupid becase all of the judgemental peopole of the world are not interested in helping beter my life.they would rather say im just lazzy .i try every day to get a job i apply for work every day no one ever calls me i beleve its because ihavent worket in 5 years uther than colecting junk and pop cans and an acasunal brake job .anyway iam 40 years old i still live with my mother i only have one frind no woman wll ever want me my daughter doent listen so in the next severall monthes at some time i plan ontaking my owen life.
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   Zoe B 0 Votes
Be careful! i don't know how but all these different companies found out my phone number after I thought i would call the number on the 2nd notice mail and they call me everyday saying we have free stuff all your charged is shipping and handling I say no everytime but they keep calling! I hate scams
Zoe North Carolina
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Ms. Bee 0 Votes
As mentioned above...I too keep getting these "second notices, " I don't subscribe to any magazine nor have I ever. I am glad that I found this website too...so thanks.

In the back of the letter there is a "Mailing List Preference" there is an 800 number there where you can call to have your name and address removed from any future mailings from the company...I'm going to give it a go and hopefully it works. I will post the outcome after a few weeks; hopefully there won't be anymore contact.
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   RVZ 0 Votes
Thanks All,

I'll call the 800 number on back of the letter 1800-690-3623 also to get me off the mailing list. I went online to check and see what I could find on the internet about this company before I fell for this one...I had to learn the hard way with other scams and MLM (Multi Level Marketing) schemes. So, dont fall it.
RV
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   RVZ 0 Votes
I just called and got my name off the mailing list! 9-5-09
RV
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   CentralConnecticut 0 Votes
We have been receiving these same letters for about a year now. We aren't subscribers to any magazine/periodicals/newspaper, so other than doing a batch search for mailers, I don't know how this company got the idea to start sending this to us. It goes into the paper recycle bin every time. - from Central Connecticut
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   Poor in Kansas 0 Votes
I received one last year and got magazines at a good price but I have no time to read thirty magazines come on what is this? I won nothing only kept getting more notices that I owe one more payment one more payment, will it ever end? I have another notice to be a big winner, it would be nice but I dont think these things happen realy only for the already rich.I dont know if I should call in my number or not, They rook you into buying more, Dont listen to what you have to say and take from the poor to give to the rich.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   SexyBlack23 0 Votes
Hi i just got a letter from the strike it rich VI.Now i know it was a scam becouse wereim from people dont win money like that i am a single mother my kids fathers are not in their lives an i dont get help from neather one of their fathers and i do not need a sweepstake telling me that i am a winner of 2, 1, 00, 000.00 becouse money like that will be real helpful for a single mother like me.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   bpmama 0 Votes
These are con arists trying to get you to buy magazines. I don't know who would be stupid enough to give their credit card number to these people. My mother called the number about her supposed $1, 100, 000.00 prize entry. The b**ch on the other line kept trying to get my mother to buy magazines. My mother is 67 years old. They asked her what would she do with the money if she won. My mother told her she would buy a home for herself, and for her daughter and grandchildren. She told her alot of other things she would do with it. Then the woman keeps trying to sell the magazines, my mom told her she is on social security, and can't afford to. Then the woman keeps saying, "well you get two free diamond watches" (yeah, I'm sure they are real diamonds). My mother just says, well, I'm sorry, I can't afford the magazines. So this b**ch hangs up on my mom. What rude people! There is no legitimate prize, they just want to sell magazines, or get your credit card info. When they find out they are not getting anything, they hang up on you! So yes, I would consider this a scam. If it were legitimate, they would not hang up. I wish I knew who to turn these people in to.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   willismorgan 0 Votes
willismorgan69@yahoo.com
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   willismorgan 0 Votes
i wont to win
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   DorothyHoffman +1 Votes
I do not want this as I do not want the magazines so do not sent me any more about magazines just sent me the money THANKS
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   DorothyHoffman 0 Votes
Please do not send me any more about magazines as I do not want them just sent me the money THANKS

Consumer Tip of the Day - Weapons of Fraud