logo

Pure Med Spa
Beware of them
5. (28 mins ago)
Buyincoins.com
False product description, no refund, no exchange

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Magazine Exchange Complaints & Reviews - Scam

National Magazine Exchange Contacts & Informations

National Magazine Exchange

Posted: 2011-02-14 by    Knowledge is Key

Scam

If this truly is a legit business why so many different names, locations and phone numbers? Besides that they made over 400, 000.00 in one day yet they hold the sweepstakes every 18 to 19 months? Whats that all about. Oh thats right they just want to get fat of your hard earned dollar!!

BBB Rating for National Magazine Exchange
This business is in the process of responding to 1 complaint(s) previously closed with no response.
The company mails notices inviting people to call and enter the Million Dollar "Strike It Rich" Sweepstakes. There is no purchase necessary to enter the sweepstakes. The odds of winning are determined by the number of people who enter. The company estimates the odds at no more than 1 in 26 million. The sweepstakes promotion is used by the company to promote magazine subscriptions.

Our file experience shows that the company has received complaints alleging billing disputes, misinterpretation of the sweepstakes promotion, and misunderstanding the company's billing terms. The company has addressed most complaints brought to its attention by the BBB by cancelling the consumer's account or responding to questions regarding the sweepstakes promotion or its billing procedures.

In order to expedite handling of any questions, or if you have a complaint, the company requests that you call their customer service department at (800) 235-3630 or email them at cs@nmemags.com

Business Contact and Profile for National Magazine Exchange
Principal: Mr. Dennis A. Cahill, CEO
Customer Contact: Mr. Dennis A. Cahill, CEO
Entity: Corporation
Incorporated: August 1985, FL
Type of Business: Magazine Sales Departments, Sale Outsourcing Companies, Soliciting Organizations
BBB Accreditation: National Magazine Exchange is not a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Agora Marketing Solutions, Inc.
NME
Think Direct
Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes
Wellness4Life

Products and Services of National Magazine Exchange
This company offers magazine sales via phone and a telemarketing call center for
various companies and products.

Business Management
Additional company management personnel include:
Mr. William H. Hood - CEO (previous)
Mrs. Suzanne Tortorice - General Counsel

Fax: (727) 524-4667
Additional Web Addresses
www.specialdata.com

Licensing for National Magazine Exchange
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Oct, 2010 by   Nelson 0 Votes
I just received a call from an attorney office stating that National Magazine had given them my name.. this is such a SCAM!!! I was told that I would be entered in a sweepstakes contest and no purchase nesessary----now they want me to pay $34 for magaxines I never got!!! I have called and called theNational magazine company many times, and many times I have left messages stating that I never received the magazines, if they would send me the magazines, I would pay for them.. this was from the year 2005--I am not a magazine reader, this is a scam
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   ja52720 0 Votes
I got the same letter .I was hopeful because times are hard, and people like me need money and Christmas is near. I have to reread the letter four times . I was hoping that it would come true, but when I check there were a lot of complaints already.! My God! These people should be ashamed of themselves.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   orange50 0 Votes
This is obviously junk mail. The address of the company doing this is on this website. Maybe we should send them our junk mail back. Let them waste their time and money dealing with it.
 17th of May, 2011 by   Dean C 0 Votes
I have numerous memberships and had accepted to be charged 3 times monthly by this company. When I decided to end my subscription with them, still they’re charging me and they did it 8 times already I have send them lot of emails but no single respond from them. I’m demanding them to stop charging and give back the other charges I did not authorize because now I face serious problem with my bank I have overdraft of $450. I cannot find a way to contact them, their number is always busy.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   LLEANICK 0 Votes
I received my "winning" notification in mail saying to call 800.307.6247 to confirm my address. What a crock? I didnt waste my time PCH was no different, return your order form to enter to win HAHAHAHA. How many times do you have to request to be removed from mailing list before they get the hint, I am not falling for their scam to make them rich? Companies who sell my information to these marketing scam companies should be sued for supplying my information to unscruplous people. People who are only trying to take advantage of the all american dream to win BIG, but guess what itll cost me 1st. I am so tired of being spammed by emial and by federal snail mail, someone needs to come up with the do not email or mail me list like the no call list. Furthermore, there should be a way to trace the companies who sell my address so they can be fined for selling my information that is not even listed in phone book.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Wanda Van Santen 0 Votes
Recently a neighbor was conned into purchasing something from this company and they asked for the last four numbers of her ATM card after which she decided not to use her card but rather to send them a check. When she told me about this, I then told her that it was a scam and the next day, she went to her bank and discovered that they had already debited her ATM account for the amount. Fortunately, she was able to reverse the charges. Please, please DO NOT fall for this scam. Please alert everyone about this scam being run by the National Magazine Exchange/1-800-308-6247 out of Largo, Florida. Thanks and BEWARE of this scam!
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Wanda Van Santen 0 Votes
Recently a neighbor was conned into purchasing something from the National Magazine Exchange/1-800-308-6247 our to Largo, Florida and they then asked for the last four numbers of her ATM card after which she decided not to use her card but rather to send them a check. When she told me about this, I then told her that it was a scam and the next day, she went to her bank and discovered that they had already debited her ATM account for the amount. Fortunately, she was able to reverse the charges. Please, please DO NOT fall for this scam. Please alert everyone about this scam being run by the National Magazine Exchange out of Largo, Florida. Thanks and BEWARE of this scam!
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   KR69 0 Votes
I just received a letter tonight and it was signed by E. Wright. I guess this name can now be added to the list. This is obvisously a scam not to mention the sweepstakes is to be drawn on 11:59PM (ET) on 4/3/2014 That is 2 years from now LOL. Don't get scammed I know I won't thanks to good people like you all above who were able to warn me. Thanks. -KR
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   Hanna03 0 Votes
I have a new address & phone number you can add to that list! The phone number is almost exactly like the first one on the list 18002353640! And the address I have is PO Box 9084 Clearwater, FL 33758
 6th of Jan, 2014 by   tricee 0 Votes
I RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING 50% OF $210.95 WHICH IS $105.47 CAN BE PAID LETTER SIGNED BY THOMAS MCNAMEE LETTER WAS FROM TATE AND KIRLIN ASSOCIATES 2810 SOUTHAMPTON ROAD PHILADELPHIA PA 19154-1207 WITH PHONE NUMBERS 877-982-0001, 267-407-0101 WHEN I PUT ACCOUNT NUMBER IN ON THE NATIONAL MAZAGINE EXCHANCE WEB SITE IT SAY IT IS NOT A ACCOUNT NUMBER AND HAD A SITE TO GO AND PAY WWW.PAYTKA.COM

Lottery Scams