logo

Posted:    Jaded Me

Something seems fishy

NACA
Kansas City, Missouri
My husband and I tried to buy a home using NACA in the Kansas City area. We went through their complicated process for over a year. We finally decided that they were untrustworthy and used a different lender. We have great credit and we were asked to provide all kinds of extra paperwork besides our credit scores to get pre-approved for a loan. We had to watch every penny that we spent from our savings to cover a payment shock. Peoples' costs can vary from month to month especially during tax time so it was annoying. We finally got into a contract for a really great bargain on a house in a great neighborhood. We had the house inspected and were told that several things could be fixed easily by us cheep. Our real estate agent is a carpenter and he was willing to help us with the work. The inspection list was turned into hand and hand sent back a outrageous list of prices to get thing fixed and said that the items all needed to be fixed by licensed workers. We either needed to have the seller of the house get everything fixed or have NACA approved contractors fix everything before we could buy the home. The seller could not afford to fix everything. He was broke. We would have had to pay the outragoues prices that hand quoted to have NACA approved contractors fix everything. We were approved for a loan amount that was much higher than our payment was going to be for this bargain home. We suspect that hand had access to our loan pre-appoval information and they over priced everything to get us to take out a home improvement loan for the extra amount. We did not buy the home. We continued to look for a perfect home with little to fix with in our budget. We had to be approved again and our NACA representative stalled our approval for 2 months. We suspect he spammed our email when we complained about hand because it happen immediately after my husband spoke with him. Our NACA representative did not return calls & cancelled appointments with us sometimes he did not call us to tell us he was cancelling. NACA claimed that there computers and phones were down many many times. They lost files. I don't trust these guys. The guy that started NACA probably meant well but I suspect that there may be a scam going on with HAND.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2011 by   Meagainsttheworld 0 Votes
I can totally relate to the above comment my husband and I are currently going through the same thing now with the NACA location here in Las Vegas.I keep telling my husband that something don't feel right we just can't place our hand on it.The NACA counselor that we were assigned to talks to us in a very condescending way.We have provided everything that has been asked of us and he is always speaking to us as if we are doing something illegal.(Example) when we make a deposit in to our account without any paper back up he states "where did this money come from how do I know you didn't get it from some illegal side job" as if he's insinuating that we're street pharmacist.My husband and I have two very good jobs and are credit is okay but when going to the seminar it was explained that the credit is not a big issue and let's not bring up our tax return!The majority people at this Las Vegas location are Hispanic and I'm not being racist but I have spoke to several of there Hispanic clients and the counselors have treated them very well with them purchasing a home within 6mon or so...We have been dealing with them for over a year and every time it's something new we need that's holding us back and the only way we figure this out is by driving 35-40min to there office without an appointment to see our counselor cause he doesn't return our phone calls, emails, faxes etc... they treat us like sh**.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Frustrated in Vegas with NACA 0 Votes
Im going thru the EXACT SAME THING!!

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States