logo

Attorney Ken Sissel
Quick to Help
3. (21 mins ago)
Gcspecials.com
I got scammed because legitimate plant sellers state the height of the plants they will deliver to a customer
4. (38 mins ago)

MyLife.com

Posted:    ValerieBevington

RIPOFF

MyLife.com
Signed up for their people search for a supposed $1.99. When I got the confirmation screen I found out they were billing my credit card $23.88. I tried to delete my account within minutes of signing up and ended up having to call their "customer care" number. Then I was told the amount was for a full year and there was NO REFUNDS. After checking back at the site I still couldn't read the small print at the bottom of the screen. Sent them an email complaint and their response was " Thank you for contacting MyLife.com. Our records indicate that the concerns expressed in your email were already addressed by a Representative with our Customer Care team. " Great job of scamming people out of their money. The site doesn't even do what I need. I wanted a phone numer for a person and the site directed me to another site to sign up for another subscription!!! DON'T USE THIS SITE!!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2010 by   linda mmmmememecvfcfjdfhjfd 0 Votes
I AGREE WITH EVERYONE, THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT THE PRICE, I DID NOT FIND ANYONE i WAS LOOKING FOR INCLUDING MY SELF. I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.
LINDA
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   uncle82 0 Votes
I tried to use a $1.00 ad on Mylife to find a person. I gave the first name, middle initial and last name and age. They showed five With first and last name no age and all wrong. That was fine. Under 'PhoneAgents', they charged that $1.00. Then a week later they charged $18.95 while I was gone. No w they have charged another $18.95. Mylife sent me this message "Your message has been received by our system. The ticket code for this enquiry is LTK151039522058X". Nothing more. Scam????
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   stephen flockhart 0 Votes
greenrover 12/16/2010
I was told two people was looking for me so i joined for one
month at 1495 and went on mylife to find out who and found
out thier was no one looking for me after mylife got the money
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   mulberrygal 0 Votes
False advertising. The tv ad says find out who is looking for you for free. Then when you try they charge you. I did not pay and just saw that it was someone in La, and I dont know anyone there. As far as looking up people this site couldnt find their own hand in their pocket. Stay away from them.
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   redik 0 Votes
Apparently there was some check box or something that I overlooked when I signed up for MyLife.com (formerly Reunion.com) that allows their “affliliates” to have access to your credit / debit information.

I got an email from Savingsace.com that said the were going to start debiting my bank account. After spending time on the phone with MyLife (who had an “Oh well you must have authorized it attitude) and doing research I have located a toll-free 888-593-5216 at Savingsace.com to cancel your membership.

At first they ask for your membership number, telephone number, and creditcard number followed by the # sign. (YEAH RIGHT…I sure wasn’t about to give them my phone number and credit card number again)

I only entered the membership number and then the # sign. It took me to a menu to cancel. It said to hit a number to cancel and seemed to accept it.

I also have been emailing the reunion.com / mylife.com people to complain about their association with this company. I can’t believe that ultimately the revenue they might be getting for referrals is worth this bad press.
 19th of Dec, 2011 by   Monica Luciana 0 Votes
How can I delete my account?I live in UK and dont really want to spend money on the phone... Thank you.
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   MY LIFE.COM 0 Votes
Just got my cc bill and saw a charge for 119.00 for MY LIFE ~ called customer service... said it can't be refunded but, will cancel the auto renew on if for next year! I had never even verified my email address with them... I'm going to post on my website and on my facebook page for people NEVER to use this site ~ This company needs to be shut down!!! Very upset with them and will never use or suggest this site to anyone... getting in contact with the BBB also!

New Form of Social Security ID Theft