logo

My Perfect Resume Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2013-03-11 by    mateo

It is fraud

My Perfect Resume
My Perfect Resume advertised as a Free Resume Builder. So I pulled it up and built one. When finished it prompted me to a $3.95 cost of service, so I said OK and gave them my debit card. Then I received a call from my bank and they told that it is fraud and they’ll try to return my money.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Mateo,

We apologize for the inconvenience, as an international company, MyPerfectResume processes payments from all over the globe through our e-commerce provider located in the UK. Some banks decline international transactions unless you contact them and let them know that you are OK with the transaction for MyPerfectResume, that’s the reason why your bank is declining your card.

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-855-213-0348 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

22nd of Mar, 2013 by   mobot -1 Votes
I do not understand the original complaint... What do you mean by it is a fraud? I just used the service and I cancelled after I built a resume. I can not attest yet to whether it is a fraud. I did not appreciate that the website WAS NOT up front about its pricing. You spend time building a "free" resume and have to pay 3.95 to use it or download it They should be upfront about that. I do not think people will mind paying 3.95 to get help writing a resume. What I am most disappointed about is that when you agree to pay the 3.95, the receipt lets you know that you will automatically be billed 34.00 at the end of 7 days. It does not state any of this "automatic billing" info when you agree to pay the 3.95. It just says 3.95 for 7-day full access. It also give you the option to purchase at a monthly fee. I cancelled my subscription within 15 hours of using the service. I will see if myperfectresume.com continues to bill after 7 days has passed. I hope that they are honorable and reputable enough to not continue to bill after a cancellation of scam money out of an account any other way. Time (7 days) will tell.
 22nd of Apr, 2013 by   AlexiaDiaz -1 Votes
I have just cancelled a subscription to " My Perfect Resume." The reason for this is because; at first they say that it is a FREE service towards making a resume, then after you're all done and happy with your new resume, they add on $3.95. After a short period of time I started to notice a fee of $34.95, repeatedly. I called to cancel my subscription because when I accepted the $3.95 fee, it said the subscription would expire after 7 days. Sadly, they lied and charged me for months with out notice. I called about 45 minutes ago, and the rude man answered the phone and said " The subscription that you paid for $3.95 has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing, underneath the description of the subscription in bullet form, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings!" <----- THIS IS NOT TRUE. At no point did I EVER receive a confirmation letter stating that I would be charged an extra $34.95. I even offered to read this man the confirmation letter I DID receive, he then interrupted me and kept going on about how I should have read more carefully. I then asked him for a full refund and he replied that he can only refund me $34.95 of this month and not any other month because I should have read the agreement. My Perfect Resume is a scam and should be shut down, shame on all of you who take money of innocent people who are obviously trying to get a job and can hardly afford the $3.95 ( in some cases) then decide to raise the price to $34.95. Hope the company gets reported and shut down. Very disappointed.
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Alexia,

We apologize for the misunderstanding, but what is free on our site is the ability to try out our product to create resumes and cover letters, and to explore our templates, designs and text tuner samples. If you want to print a resume to bring to an interview, email your resume/cover letter, or download a professional looking resume then you do need a subscription. However we do offer the ability to download a FREE Plain Text format.

We are also very sorry you did not have the best customer service experience. Thank you for the feedback, we will make sure our agents are fully trained to respond back more politely. With regard to the email confirmation, we sent that out when you subscribed stating that it auto-renews at $ 34.95. If it is not in your inbox, kindly check your spam folder, because sometimes it is routed there by mistake. We also stated that it auto-renews on our subscription sales page. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. A monthly subscription to Resume Builder makes tailoring, customizing, and creating cover letters really easy and fast. We understand the frustration with the situation, but we would like to take necessary action for the remaining charges as we can send it to our billing department for approval.

Please contact us immediately so we can help you with this issue. Our toll free number is 1-855-213-0348 we are available 7 days a week 6am-midnight EST. Or if you prefer, you can email us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com

30th of Apr, 2013 by   eaglar 0 Votes
April 30, 2013

I called 855-213-0348 at 8:34 p.m. CDST to cancel my... whatever! i was laid off my job in January, and am on unemployment. $34.95 a month is a chunk out of my unemployment check. I intend to contact my bank, as well as my state attorney general's office about this business fraud. At 8:44 p.m. my call was answered by a nice lady, IN ASIA! Her pronunciation of "career" came out as "carrier". When I told her I wanted to cancel the subscription and expected a refund for the charges, she informed me that I had signed up with a "sister company", "Live Career." After I gave her an elocution lesson, she gave me a number she was going to forward me to, and I was cut off (8:49 p.m.).That number was: 800-652-8430.

I called Live Career and reached a recorded answer at 8:54... waiting... waiting... At 8:59, A nice ” young man, in Asia, answered. I explained that I was very upset at being charged $34.95 for nothing”, and that the girl who answered from Perfect Resume had explained that he worked for a "sister company, " who was charging my bank account. I told him I wanted him to cancel my "subscription" immediately, and that I expected a refund, or else I would be contacting my state's attorney general's office. He said he would cancel my subscription and send me a confirmation of the cancelation, as well as credit my bank account for the last (in my case, second) charge. I felt that was as good as I could do, and thanked him. I hung up at 9:08. I regret the time spent, as much as the money. I will NEVER sign up for anything, ever again, online.
 12th of May, 2013 by   honey1 0 Votes
Hey people... Well i was looking for resume templates online and found this website. I agree to many people here that nowhere it's mentioned in the beginning that we will be charged an amount for building a resume... My perfect resume: You guys gotta fix this because it's very frustrating in the end and you are getting bad reviews for it. I made my entire resume very happily, was happy with the template and my new resume, and in the end i came to know i will be charged for it for $3.95... NOT HAPPY with that!!! You guys gotta fix this thing. BUT... when i saw a charge, i went to google and checked the reviews of this site(i have been scammed before by someone else just like that). People complained that they agreed for 3.95 but were billed 34 something after a few days... So i went to My perfect resume and chatted with one of their reps(loved the service : thats where ill give you good points). The rep told me that your resume will cost you $3.95 but after 14 days you will be billed continuously every month for $34 if you don't cancel your subscription before 14 days. He also directed me to the cancellation page. So, everything was clear to me right there... Moral: Do research about the company before making any payment and youll be fine!... and that's what i did, made my resume, paid $3.95 and cancelled the subscription right after downloading my resume and got a cancellation confirmation email.

In the end: YOU GUYS GOTTA TELL PEOPLE ON THE WEBSITE HOMEPAGE THAT THEY WILL CHARGED AN AMOUNT FOR MAKING THEIR RESUME!!!
 22nd of May, 2013 by   Hayley1012 0 Votes
I have been charged $34.95 also, and I am very upset by it! I spoke with a representative and he could only refund me $32 at a prorated amount. Whatever. So after the 2-3 business days he assured it would take to hit my account, it had not. So I called. She said the transaction did not go through. Really?? So she said she would put it through again. I will be calling again in 3 days if that money is not in my account. I recommend no one use this service, as it is a scam.
 30th of May, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Honey,

We’re so glad you found our website useful and were able to build the perfect resume for you. We try to make it as clear as possible that the free trial is the ability to try out our product.

I would think that your posting is clear evidence that we are doing a good job of communication. You were able to get the necessary information on how to print your resume and cancel your account in a timely manner. Rather than try to keep you as a member, our customer service representative clearly advised you on how to cancel your account.

If you still have more queries regarding your subscription; we are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-855-213-0348 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

30th of May, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Hayley,

We apologize for any inconvenience if the refund did not take place after 2-3 business days. We have now re-processed your refund and you should now see the credit on your bank card statement. The pro-rated refund provided is the number of days passed since the last payment of the $ 34.95 and it was processed as a courtesy credit.

31st of May, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Hayley,

13th of Jun, 2013 by   fiona92 +1 Votes
same thing happened to me. Make a "perfect resume" & then have to pay the $3 fee which is fine. Only to get a shock to see they have taken out $34.95 the month later for a reoccuring charge??? WHY Would I want to subscribe to something like a resume site?
Since when did it say that it would be a reoccuring fee??
PEOPLE BEWARE! - ENSURE YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR RESUME OR END UP PAYING $30.00 each month for a 'reoccurance' fee!

YOU GUYS ARE JUST SCAMMERS! WHERE IS T SET OUT CLEARLY ON YOUR SITE THAT YOU WILL BE TAKING A DIRECT DEBIT EACH MONTH OF $34.95...
 16th of Jun, 2013 by   herb79 +1 Votes
I was making a resume for my son. after I finished I was happy with the results. THAN AT THE END
3.95 lucky for us he was not at home at the time so I didn't get his cc number. I am so happy I came across this board before I give his cc number to the company. Just another way to get hard working peoples money the EASY way. You should be ashamed of your self . Let people know up front about
the money and that you will keep billing them with out their permission. I hope some where an Attorney General files a law suite against this company!
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   Tattie91 +1 Votes
I had a great confusion between "Live Career" and "My Perfect Resume" because at some point they 'seem' to work as a team and at other points they do not. What is annoying about this website is the numerous hidden extra charges. Do no pretend you are "free" when you are not. We all know this is business but customers expect honesty aswell. I had the same sad experience like most people who posted earlier and I do no trust online transactions anymore especially as far as this website is concerned.
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Fiona92,

Thank you for your comments.

Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option, in bullet form as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search, but we do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings! If service is no longer needed.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-855-213-0348 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@livecareer.com

25th of Jun, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer -1 Votes
Dear Herb,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume wizard before deciding to purchase. If you like what you see, we ask you to pay for a subscription. The ability to print and download your resume are only listed as a feature of the paid subscription and are not listed as a feature of the free account. Additionally, we state our prices and policies on our subscription sales page and email confirmation we sent upon purchase. We also offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings!

Herb, we take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people and we make every effort to let our customers know of the services we offer before deciding to purchase.
You can also contact our customer service for further queries. We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-855-213-0348 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

25th of Jun, 2013 by   Katrina_LiveCareer 0 Votes
Dear Tattie91,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Livecareer and My Perfect Resume are sister companies. We are sorry for the confusion you experienced. The free account is the ability to try out the Wizard to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. There is no cost to TRY it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume, but if you would like a professionally formatted version you need to subscribe.

9th of Jul, 2013 by   Rexson +1 Votes
I recently wrot eup a resume for my dad. He wasn't fully satisfied with the results so he looked up 'How to write resumes'. He bumped in to this website and told me about it. I took a look and all I saw was $3.95 or something. So I typed in my account details cause my father is unemployed.
The next week, my dad recieves the resume from this website. And the quality of the resume was extremely poor.
-spelling errors -simple grammar errors -lack of puntuation
-display of text is unclear -text was too small -a random dot point
-the use of BOLD & Caps Lock was not properly used
The resume basically looked like it was copied and pasted on. There were no commas and it seemed squished even though there was alot of space below. I was very disappointed in the result but I siad to myself, "It's ok, I only paid like $4 on this thing." So it didn't worry me. Until I got charged again the next week. And then again the next week. And AGAIN the week after. I tried to let this go but the amount of money it has taken from me has irritated me greatly.
I am hoping to refund my money. I am not paying $30 bucks for a useless resume. My father is still unemployed.
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   polly doodle +2 Votes
I signed up for the 3.95 deal only! There was a choice to continue with and advanced version for a longer time, but I did not check that box! What a cheap load of shit it is for them to take advantage of those who are unemployed and try to charge them ongoing for nothing!!! I know our world sucks, but I hoped some people has enough scruples not to cheat, cheat, cheat those already in a financial crunch.
 4th of Aug, 2013 by   EdwardB13 0 Votes
I appreciate that the representatives come here & respond to each complaint, or nearly each?
I am very frustrated with the number of companies that lure you in with "FREE!!", and then there is a catch.
While the representative is right in what they post, it is still very easy to misunderstand what is going to happen.
That said, just because it is easy to miss certain things, it is also very key to RESEARCH and READ agreements!
So while I think there is an APPEARANCE of the "bait-and-switch", in reality that is not true.
I understand that many here feel defrauded, but truly, you didn't read very closely. Sorry, but it's true. I've seen screenshots/pictures of the agreements, and they are NOT lying to you.
I think they should be very clear in saying "Free to LOOK", pay to use, pay more if you don't cancel. Mainly the only way THEY fail is the first part- you think you get to use it for free - but you don't. The main thrust of the bad users here fail in not reading, fully, the agreements.
Why do you think you would get something truly for free? Why would a company put forth money to create & maintain a website, for you to create & download a resume for free. Period. Then you have all that help? How do they pay for that- if you do it for free?
Think.
Edward
 13th of Aug, 2013 by   EnragedCustomer42 0 Votes
MyPerfectResume is nothing more than a money grabbing scam. Steer clear.

Help for Underwater Homeowners