logo

Supra Cleanse 350
Company charged me for $99.99 without my notice
2. (0 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided
3. (10 mins ago)
Avast 2yr Subscription not delivered

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

movies capital, England, East Midlands Complaints & Reviews - scam site-no refund under any condition

movies capital Contacts & Informations

movies capital

Posted:    francesca morosi

scam site-no refund under any condition

Movies Capital
East Midlands, England
United Kingdom
the company has a very limited database of movies and most of these movies are old and second class productions. website promises to provide higher speed download compared to other sites which is completely untrue.

My 7 years son joined and subscribed without my knowledge, then realised it wasn't as good as he tought and called mummy for help.

I asked for a refund straight away, on the ground of not having authorised the transaction myself and not having download any movie yet: refund was denied because an attempted download was in the account history (download which anyway failed to complete (only went until 15%) due to very low speed or connection problem).

Is there any way to get this scam out of the internet? It's utterly despeakable, these kind of sites should not be allowed to operate or at least there should be a mandatory refund policy in place to protect genuine people-or kids!- from being ripped off so easily.

Best wishes, Fran
Comments United Kingdom Movies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2010 by   lowboy -1 Votes
I'm curious how a 7 year old would have access for money to pay for this service?
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   jmcphee -1 Votes
I agree, I wanted to download movies so I thought it best to pay for the service. Now I just feel ripped off. I paid my fee, downloaded what they told me, and tried to download a movie. I read all the rewiews, looked like a good quility download. So I went ahead. The movie was terrible quility. So I thought maybe just that one. Tried one more, bad quility and no sound with this one. Tried all the help hints that I could find online and nothing. I have tried to contact them to no avail. Not only did I not get any movies to watch, but "vuze" would not allow any aspcet of google to work. If your considering this service please think twice. Unless you are computer god and can fix it all up youself. No good for the average computer user.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   twocap -1 Votes
I also payed for a membership to movies capital, they do not allow much access to their site unless you are a member. The reviews I had read on this site are misleading. When I found out I had to download a divx codec to view the movies, I emailed them and told them that I did not wish to download the codec as it is not compatible with vista 64bit. They sent me to another site and a blog, even the blog showed that some people were having problems with the codec. It was a beta program. I have since asked for a refund twice. I have not downloaded any movies and don't plan to since I will not download the codec. They may be legal, but I feel they mislead people with the reviews I have read. They have not responded to my emails. Please beware, the movies are old, and not many I have even heard of. It is a waste of time and money.
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   Sianna 0 Votes
Do not waste your money on Movies Capital!! I wish I had been able to get some real reviews on this site before I purchased the membership!

Worst $40 I ever spent! First of all most of the movies are old, and even the newer ones are just nothing I imagine anyone wanting to see. I didn't find a single movie I was interested in downloading! When I questioned them asking if what I saw was all they had to offer, they made no attempt to answer me! I should have been wary when I couldn't see the movie selection until I purchased the membership! Well, they sure got me!

Not a worthwhile investment!

~Sianna
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Karl.v -1 Votes
I was just conned out of my hard earned by movies capital.com its such a polished and professional site and I when I looked for reviews I only saw good things. please tell people not to look up review only scam or fraud or words to the effect this is the only place to get the full story.
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   Mattdupe 0 Votes
This is a horrible site, I downloaded 1 movie as a test, browsed what they had... after 1 hour I asked for a refund... I contacted my bank and am disputing the charge... EVERYONE AVOID THIS SITE!!!

Matt
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   Gia15 0 Votes
Wow thanks everyone.Every where I searched I just got good reviwes about MC was one step away from buying but my gut told me check this out first.Glad I did:)
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   Nurd Boi 0 Votes
I'm glad I researched this one. It does sound too good to be true. If you go to the movies capital web site on the support page there is a link to their disclaimer. It lists the site content which includes about 100 movies or so, three that I think I recognized and none that I would pay for. You will also find that there is virtually no chance of getting your money back because they expect you to read the disclaimer before purchasing, always a good idea but rarely done.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   k2k 0 Votes
 23rd of Apr, 2010 by   lowboy 0 Votes
Vuze is available free of charge as shareware direct from VUZE.. MC doesn't want you to know this.. Bypass MC, it's not needed..
 3rd of May, 2010 by   robertw531 0 Votes
EVERYONE AVOID THIS MC SITE!!!Have the same comments as mentioned in the other reviews about moviescaptial. Was looking for an specifiek recent 2007 movie and did an search for it and moviescapital showed up with the movie listed. I clicked on the link and it brought me to their site but had limited brows options as an non member. Then signed up and noticed in the member area ALL OLD MOVIES and not the one I was looking for. They expect you to read the disclaimer (one that is long and in tiny font...and yes there all their movies are listed) they should have these listed before people sign up so they know upfront what they are but as an SCAM site they had there reasons for not doing this. If you want to get a refund for a purchase with them, all you have to do is go through clickbank.com within 56 days of your purchase - you don't even need to contact the company. Clickbank is their payment processor and will offer you a refund w/ no hassle.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   AdamD 0 Votes
I am also a victim - feel ripped off - how can the owners live with themselves!
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   Skye Piper 0 Votes
Don't waste your money on Movies Capital. Almost all the movies they let you download can be bought at Wal-Mart for a dollar. You know the movies right next to the checkout counter. I doubt if they have 50 movies in their entire selection. The Search engine is a joke. Every movie I searched for was not found. For around $39.00 you can get unlimited access for 2 years. After a few days you'd run out of movies to download that’s if you could recognize any of B movies they have to offer. You have to download DivX to watch the silly things. The selection is so bad that I could not recognize any of the titles. It’s no wonder they don’t let you search titles before you buy into this garbage dump because no one in their right mind would become a member. You're better off paying full price for a movie your looking for because you'll never find it in this site.
 5th of Jun, 2010 by   Skye Piper 0 Votes
I should have stated, "You're better off paying full price for a movie your looking for because you probably never find it on this site." If you are looking for movies that never made it to the box office then Movie Capital is for you.
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   AnonymousScamBuster 0 Votes
MoviesCapital Review; Movies Capital Reviews; Movie sites reviews; Stream-Online-Movies Review; StreamDirectMovies Review, online movies downloads review.

NOTE: TopMoviesSites.Info "reviews" three sites as the top ones on the Internet. I am certain all three sites are owned by the same people, and so is TopMoviesSites.Info. It's setup to trick you into thinking it's a legitimate review site for online movies. It is not.

I read the terms of service first, and under the "copyright" section there is a moderately long list of all the movies they are currently licensed for. Every single movies is either ancient, as in Three Stooges ancient (so copyright has expired), or they are B-rated movies (or worse). There is not one single title that could be called current or popular. The whole "Terms of service" section is very tiny and hard to read, so use your cursor to select the entire movies section, then hold down the CTRL key while pressing the "C" key to copy it, then paste it into a word processor like Microsoft Word, Works, WordPerfect, or even a blank email so that you can read it in a reasonably large font. I think after getting about 1/3 of the way through, you'll realize that this is not a real service, just a ploy to separate you from your money.

I really hope people look here before paying membership to any of these movies sites. I'm convinced that they are all going to be pretty much the same. Any legitimate site would allow you to browse their movies before subscribing.

Here is their entire database as of this posting (copied directly from their site-- complete with their misspellings and missing punctuation spaces):

"Currently MoviesCapital.com has been licensed by its licensors to distribute by the means of download/stream/vod the following list titles to its members: 1st Testament : CIA Vengence, 6 Comics From Miami, A halfway house christmas, abas dance, american alien, anamerican candidate, an uzi at the alamo, angel and the badman, antisocial behaviour, ants, before last night, behave yourslef, big brys BBQ, big guns, bleeding iowa, born 2b gangsta, broke, bruce lee's secret, bugs bunny adventures, cartoons on parade, chain of souls, checking the gate, corazon, corrupt lieutenant, cotton flowers, crippled creek, cubes, day of miracles, day of redemption, dogs life, donald & dot clock, down under, drop box, dv8, easy street, eight lanes in hamilton, emblaming love, escape from sobibor, escape in time, exile in buyukada, exit 38, eyes of night, fatal desire, Fear itself, Felix the cat- complete collection, Fersein's gate, Feuille, first time caller, Frank, Freaky circus guy, Give and take and take, Give it up, Hair world, Hat trick, Honey girl, Hooch & daddy, Hurricane strip, In plain sight, In the land of milk and money, In the red, Insignificant other, It burns when I laugh, Johnny morran, Kings county, La reunion, Learning curve, Little indiscretions, Losers of the year, Lost contact, Madd Dadd, Maintenance, Marker, Merc force, Mighty mouse, Munich mambo, My pink shirt, Next to nothing, Ophelia learns to swim, Our hospitality, Point of contact, Popcorn, Power passion and murder, Rabbit hash, Running springs, Seriously twisted, Stagecoach, The general, The hoax, The inside man, the klansman, the lost princess, the minx, the wrath, trees grow tall, trinity, triple threat, vempire dentist, wanderlust, when mama returns, wicked pursuits, a bell from hell, bachelors, bloodstained romance, Cannibal Holocaust, Chiller, Christmas Evil, Chronicles Of An Exorcism, Cosmos:War Of the planets, Crack, Creature, Cross Mission, Crossing Bridges, Dawn Of the mummy, Day of the panther, deadtime stories, deaths door, demon under glass, devils island, duel, evil laugh, first strike, five corners, frequent flyer, giant gila monster, haunted boat, horror house, king solomons treasure, la street fighters, laser mission, lukas child, meals on wheels, mutant, nobody knows anything, return of the street fighter, the christmas wife, the devil bat, the man who knew too much, the master, the outsider, the three stooges original cartoon classics, the werewolf vs the vampire woman, treasure of the amazon, treasue of jamaica reef, tropix, vampiretheater, virus, where time began, wilding, wizard of gore, zombie wars, cartoon explosion, cartoon favorites 1-3, cartoon madness, code name:zebra, death mask, death rattle crystal ice, gullivers travel, i did not expect you, irangeles, jack me, kill the golden goose, loat at war, maniacts, miss julie, mission to mississippi, mutt & jeff and friends, planet of the dinosaurs, pool party, ronny camaro, save the forest, shelter, song of the dead, sorority girls revenge, stepdad, straight forward, superman - the complete collection, superman - the lost episodes, texas taliban, betty boop collection 1-2, the big finish, the black ninja, the deed to hell, the edison death machine, the evaluation, the friggin mafia movie, the life coach, the life i lived, the many strange stories of triangle woman, the viking maid, the waiters, the world without us, to kill a mockumentary, transformations, wait your turn, weenie roast massacre, westword ho, which way, por favor?almost you, behind the nine, blood tide, blowfish, cold sweat, dark tomorrow, decadence, does god exist, dog me : potluck, drug runners, execution at county jail, false river, five moments of infidelity, fodors hamlet, give it up, god links, gods of war, i love you too, jigsaw, jupiter landing, left for shadows, memorial valley massacre, metamorphosis, new york after midnight, ocean park, only for you, orphans and angels, planted evidence, prisoners of the lost universe, puss n boots, reasonable excuse, savage lagoon, sinners, the asylum, the battle of aiken, the big bang, the boneyard, the donor, the harvesters, the initiate, the kiss you gave me, the ritual, the valley of tears, walking the walk, when the smoke clears, who wants to marry my husband, 36 crazy fists, a christmas without snow, a killing affair, adios amigo, astral factor, blade of fury, bloody wednesday, boot hill, bruce lee in new guinea, call of the wild, captain scarlett, commander lawin, cuba crossing, dawn rider, dead aim, desert trail, distortions, flash, gothic, house on haunted hill, icebreaker, jamaica inn, joshua the black rider, just before dawn, legend of the eight samurai, legit, little shop of horrors, mindsight, mohawk, mutiny, night of the sharks, nightmare, ninja death 2, plan 9 from outer space, rail kings, sam and janet, secret agent, shattered illusions, stash, suddenly, taking the turn, the black room, the champagne club, the house of the dead, the joe louis story, the man in white, the man who knew too much, the scarlet tunic, thunder over reno, when kiran met karan."

Source: http://www.moviescapital.com/main.php?do=home&action=insert_pages&flag=DISCLAIMER
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by   cuteshyguy 0 Votes
Shame on you MoviesCapital. Your movies are 20 years old, very poor quality and not worth 2 cents. I wish we could get the Better Business folks to refund our "STOLEN MONEY". You people are real crooks..DO NOT PURCHASE MOVIESCAPITAL
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   Rozemarijn 0 Votes
use this website to get your money back (within 59 days)

it took only 1 day to get mine back, just fill out the form, no questions asked!
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Believeme +1 Votes
Movies capital's not a scam and if it is, it won't be in existence by now. Another reason Movies capital is not a scam is that you have a 100% no-quibble money back guarantee.

Refund Policy: Movies capital comes with a 60 day no-questions-asked refund policy. Better yet, payment is processed through Clickbank, one of the world’s largest online payment, processors and Clickbank guarantees the refunds. What does this mean to you the consumer? Simply this – If you’re not happy with the Movies capital, there’s no need to deal with Movies capital to obtain your refund. You just send an email to Clickbank and your refund is processed automatically by them. All of which makes ordering very safe.

Check it out for yourself, i am sure you'll like it. But for God's sake don't believe people who call Movies capital a scam(60 day full refund policy, remember!), since they only want to tarnish the image of the website. Take care and have fun! Thanks.

For more info Visit: http://www.moviescapitalscamreview.com/
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Geoffers 0 Votes
Only found this site on the third page of my search engine. All except this site has given a proper rewiew. The scam is that you set up a site as a movie review site, give a good review and have a link to MC . Once the unsuspecting sign up they get a commission of 75%. At the bottom of thier home page written in invisable ink is the disclaimer and affilites link. You may need to zoom at 200% to see this. Most of the review sites have
: Copyright 2010 / All Rights Reserved.

This site provides the review as a service to the Internet community. We do not endorse any of the companies, products, or services mentioned. Each product or service is the trademark of their respective company. All information is provided as opinions only.
I also typed in search engine "shutter Island" and was directed to their site which I know they havn't got. I have not paid MC but felt I would do a bit of research. I wonder who believeme is above? I have also checked on youtube and I could not believe what I was seeing. Has anyone any idea how to get this web site onto the first page of search engines.
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   mmdaviney 0 Votes
I agree with Geoffers. A complete scam. If you click on the disclamer (which is tiny!) it lists the films that you can watch - there are about 100 of them but I for one have not heard of any of them.

Its a scam that allows people to make 75% of the subscription money if people click onto MC through their link.

I really feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting people who sign up to this MC website.

Spread the word people - get this complaint site to the top of google and stop the scammers at MC!!

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud