logo

Chase Bank
CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTICE
3. (20 mins ago)
Msft *Xbox Liv Bill.xbox.comwa
Unauthorized use of debit / checking account by a minor
4. (30 mins ago)
Gembusters.com
Closed Group. No admin. Follow ups
5. (34 mins ago)
seekingcougar.com
Total scam and many girls are fakes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

MORGAN AND MORGAN
20 NORTH ORANGE AVE
Orlando, Florida
Phone: 407-420-1414
TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING USING MORGAN AND MORGAN FOR A LAWSUIT INVOLVING AND ACCIDENT I WARN YOU TO BE CAREFUL FOR THEY SAY IN THIER CONTRACT THEY WILL TAKE 40 PERCENT OF THE WINNINGS OF THE LAWSUIT WHEN IN REALITY THEY WILL END UP WITH ABOUT 90 PERCENT OF YOUR WINNINGS FOR THEY ADD ON ALL KINDS OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT IN THE BEGINNING, IF YOU NEED A LAWYER FOR A LAWSUIT FIND ONE THAT WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT IS YOURS AND YOU GET 100 PERCENT OF THE WINNINGS AND IF THE LAWYER IS GOOD AND ETHICAL HE WILL GET PAID HIS FEE'S ON TOP OF THAT AND NOT OUT OF THE MONEY YOU HAVE WON IN THE LAWSUIT, CHECK AROUND THER ARE MANY LAWYERS WHO WORK THIS WAY NOT LIKE THE CROOKS LIKE MORGAN AND MORGAN WHO ARE ONLY OUT TO LINE THIER POCKETS AND TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SUFFERED AND THE MONEY BELONGS TO YOU NOT WHATEVER TRUMP CHARGES MORGAN AND MORGAN USE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY TRUST ME FOR I KNOW FROM EXPERIANCE WHERE THEY WON THE LAWSUIT FOR ME AND ENDED UP WITH 90 PERCENT OF THE FUNDS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE REMEMBER ANY GOOD LAWYER OR LAWFIRM WHO BELIEVES IN THEMSELVES WILL NOT TAKE THIER FEE'S OUT OF YOUR EARNINGS SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND DON'T HIRE CROOKS LIKE MORGAN AND MORGAN!!!

Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2011 by   CK20092011 0 Votes
My husband got screwed over by Morgan and Morgan. They sat on his paperwork for over 15 months and the file was literaly not even an inch thick. I finally got involved for my husband and called Morgan and Morgan to confront them on their inconsistencies and lack of response. My husband was promised a letter of protection to continue medical care for a back injury while suit was pending and they never sent it. First they said they faxed it, later they said they mailed it. When we asked them to fax the original to us...it had a current date (meaning months ago they never did it). I spoke to Tim Morgan and inquired their "for the people" and when they were planning on fighting for my husbands rights. They tried to coax us into "firing them", they had no intentions of working on his case like their advertisment leads you to believe. Furthermore, there was no sense or ethics or accountability. Rather than taking the initiative to do their work as attornies, they tried to find the easy way out. (If we would have fired them, they would still keep the money OR my husband would have owed them money). Fortunately we were not stupid and I asked for a copy of the file to see where they were with progress and the letter of protection so he could get medical care. Instead, they sent us a letter saying that we could have our records but would have to pay for them (which by the way MY HUSBAND gathered for them - so technically they were our records to begin with). In addition they added that they were confirming our "firing them". I kindly responded with a certified return receipt request that we never fired them, we simply asked for a copy of our file and that this letter is to accept their withdraw of legal representation for my husband, since that is what they initially wanted and had stated in previous phone conversation. No sense of ethics or even a remote interest in damage control. They don't care, they have tons of cases, high profile (anything with t.v. or fame potential). My husband was handed a raw deal, he was at work and a vehicle came across four lanes of traffic T boning into his work van. A month prior he was in the military and had Xrays and medical eval showing no bulging discs or back injuries...a few weeks after the accident there were signicant injuries to his low back and his career in the military and as a fireman is no longer possible. What is worse is that he had a useless attorney that showed no dedication or moral work ethics.

The money issue, or the "lien" Morgan and Morgan put on his case kept other attorneys from wanting to take over it. Fortunately we found a new attorney and would recommend him to ANYONE. Craig Cannon of the Cannon Law Firm. I know this is an oxymoron but he is the most honest and dedicated attorney - his staff is also very attentive and diligent. My husband's file is now 5 inches or more with all the paperwork they gathered and worked on. We had answers within weeks vs. Morgan and Morgans legal status pergatory for 15 mos.

DON'T USE MORGAN AND MORGAN UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS AND GET FINANCIALLY SCREWED OUT OF YOUR RIGHTFUL COMPENSATION.

Our attorney advised us that after all his hard work, Morgan and Morgan still will get a chunk of my husband's money. We plan on fighting it and then reporting them to the Bar. If anyone is interested in reporting them to Channel 13 news...do let us know...we are so disgusted with that group that we have to shut off the tv whenever his commercial come on with his lies of "FOR THE PEOPLE".
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   warren pick 0 Votes
I called channel 13 and they never got back too me but I also have a complate about morgan and morgan
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   adele stegmaier +1 Votes
Am I correct? You are going to represnt Casey Anthony? If I ever need a lawyer, it's not going to be you. Thank you.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   BethFiveash 0 Votes
I would never use any lawyer that has been arrested for DUI then sat in the holding cell reciting his commercial but altering it to say for the "F-in" people. Try to look it up. I saw it on television years ago. He is a piece of work.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   BethFiveash -1 Votes
Forgot to add the date was 1997 his charges included battery on a police officer. This is when he worked with Collin and Gilbert. "For the People.''
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   Gixxerbrad 0 Votes
Just reading this makes me laugh. You guys are all hillarious. Oh my god, my attorney took a fee for work they performed!! How dare they, let's call channel 13, and get on John Morgan's facebook. hahaha
Maybe we should have free attorneys that work for our lawsuits. I don't think I should have to, but seeing the level of intelligence that I'm dealing with, I feel the need to state this, I'm being sarcastic. Morgan & Morgan charges what EVERY lawfirm in the country charges. They charge yuo a set fee, usually a 1/3 of the settlement, plus anything they have to pay during the case. EVERY lawfirm, I repeat, EVERY LAWFIRM in the country operates like this. They represented me in a car accident case, and I received money on top of my medical bills being paid for, and the attorneys being paid for their work. Everything they charged for was clearly written in the agreement that I signed, and I was more than happy with the result. Getting into an accident isn't like winning the lottery, which is what most of you uneducated low lifes don't understand. I'm sorry that the settlement wasn't enough to cover your balance at rent-a-wheel and your back child support. Maybe you should handle the case on your own next time, judging from your grammar, you should do much better.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   Gixxerbrad +1 Votes
Mr grasha, I see you hired Ron Gilbert to represent you. You are now suing Morgan & Morgan and colling Gilbert wright & Carter. Have you ever used an attorney you were happy with? In your other post you comment how crazy it is that mr Gilbert was awarded with being in the top 100 lawyers in the state, do you think everyone else is wrong, and you're the only one that gets it? I don't know if mr Gilbert is a good lawyer, I don't know the guy, but I find it hard to believe that he's selected as one of the best in the state, and the only person saying otherwise, is a person that's currently suing 2 separate law firms. Obviously, everyone else is wrong, or incompetent, and you're the only one that gets it.
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   EducatedWoman 0 Votes
Gixxerbrad, for your information, not ALL law firms make clients pay 1.5 interest rate on out of pocket expenses. It may seem like nothing to an arrogant person like yourself but 1.5 multiplied by 12 is 18% and that makes a big difference in a case. Did they tell you when you signed that contract what they were charging you on expenses? I bet you everything I own that's a NO. Look around the web and you will find more complaints against this firm than any other law firm in Florida, why do you think that is? Is it coincidence, I dont think so. For 33% or 40%, you expect good customer service, not to get treated like a dollar sign or just a number. It's not John Morgan's fault, its the staff that works for his firm. Im sure he doesnt have time to make sure everyone is doing their job. Before you start bashing people because of legitimate complaints you should think that people have the RIGHT to have an opinion and the right to get treated well especially when they are paying for a service. You are nobody to make assumptions about people and what they have been through. The ignorant and uneducated person here is you!
 2nd of Aug, 2011 by   warren pick +1 Votes
Overall Morgan And Morgan is big but I got screwed over by them Trust me they are not for the people they are not what they say, .If you hire them you will feel the same way after a couple of months trust me
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   ANN JONES 0 Votes
I GOT A CASE WITH MORGAN&MORGAN AND WILL BE A YEAR. THEY DONT RETURN YOUR CALL AND THEY DONT TELL YOU HOW YOUR CASE IS GOING. THEYMAKE YOU FILL LIKE CRAP
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   EmptyWithoutYou 0 Votes
I had a loved one pass away in an accident caused by a reckless driver and when I called to speak to a attorney, someone in their office told me she could sent out a investigator. This rep did not sound compassionate she desperately wanted to set me up with an appointment and that was her main concern. I asked her basic questions about the law in Florida and she said she couldnt answer anything. Again she tried to send me a investigator and the second time was more persistent and it made me feel like all they were interested in was making money. I politely declined and hung up. Mr. Morgan, does this represent who you are?
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   MRPalmHarbor 0 Votes
I was in the process of engaging Morgan and Morgan to represent me in a medical product liability case, but after reading all these comments, I'm having second thoughts. I just got the contract from them, and I thought that interest charge on expenses they fronted was excessive, so I decided to check up on them. Can anyone recommend an attorney they used for such a case that they were satisfied provided adequate representation for a fair fee? The 33 1/3% and 40% seems standard, but how can you judge when you give them an open checkbook for expenses? Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   seekforjustice 0 Votes
Is there a lawyer out there who is willing to stand up to Morgan@Morgan? I tried many law firms all over Florida to file an action, but so far none is willing to face up to this giant firm. If you know one please post. Thanks.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   Renee2010 0 Votes
I just learned the hard way. The clues were there. I said nah. Was I wrong. Robbery without a gun. I've been in pain for 2.5 years. I had one surgery didn't get enough to get the surgery I need. In the end I only got 10%... People don't waste your time with these crooks. Ome day there going to take the wrong person money. They can't continue to do people this way. I wonder of they even pay the bills they claim to pa.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   Valerie V 0 Votes
Don't go with Dan Newlin, either. He's joined Morgan & Morgan, although several months after the fact, you won't see it on his ads, not even the fine print. Also, Channels 13 and 9 won't touch criticsm of a major advertiser, which is why the truth about M & M isn't public knowledge. I sure wish I knew about this forum before I signed with M & M, thinking Dan Newlin was going to be representing me.
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   Valerie V 0 Votes
My problem is much like everyone else’s, except for the twist with Dan Newlin. Any one here know that Dan Newlin is now with Morgan and Morgan? I didn't either. Newlin had been recommended by a customer. She had gripped my hands and told me with the fervor of the faithful that if I were ever injured, Dan would fight for me. So, in May, 2011, a driver with a suspended license in a borrowed car ran a red light and broadsided me, resulting in permanent spine and nerve damage. I called Dan Newlin, and who came out to sign me but Morgan and Morgan. I never would have gone with Morgan and Morgan if I were calling attorneys, but they had sent a great -- this column seems to call them "investigators, " but they are really salespeople -- sales woman who radiated empathy. Dan Newlin going with M&M was presented as an endorsement. My case was open and shut, except the attorney handling my case didn't know I was permanently injured until I told him. Somehow, the dingbat of a paralegal he has -- whole separate issue -- overlooked the permanent injuries in this legal file I've paid an inflated price for, and I had to tell Atty. S. that I had permanent injuries. After that, my case was closed within a few weeks. EXCEPT, try to get your money from this firm. On 8/24, Dingbat left me a message that she had closing paperwork for me and a check for $4, 000 something, far less than the $6, 666.66 representing 2/3 of the insurance settlement. I immediately requested a copy of the costs, and have several times since. And have been ignored for over a month, until today. Now I have been invited to waste more of my time going to their office while they “go over the contract (I) signed.” Get this, M&M: I told you I understand your firm gets a third of my settlement, a $100 file set-up fee, 1.5% per month interest on costs per month, and apparently you award yourself exorbitant costs. I demand a copy of my costs. Nearly $2, 500 for a case settled over the phone is beyond excessive. Oh, and the co-worker who told me her daughter ended up with her $6, 666.66 from $10K being eaten with costs so all she received from her settlement with M & M was $1, 000? I believe her.

30th of Sep, 2011 by   Valerie V 0 Votes
What a coincidence. After posting I received a letter postmarked 9-27 that Dan Newlin has left Morgan and Morgan. Doesn't help those of us who were suckered into signing during Newlin's -- what, six months? -- of being with Morgan and Morgan.
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   Gregory R. 0 Votes
Apparently Obama is For The People. He was at John Morgan's house on October 11 raising money for his campaign. I heard it on the radio and on TV. Just based on that, I wouldn't call this firm. It's all for publicity but it seems like a bad move considering the country is in the toilet and many people are not in favor of this administration. Business and Politics don't mix well.
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   SweetLady1 0 Votes
Here are some honest & decent attorneys: Law Offices of Fisher & Frommer, Attorney Carolyn Salzmann, & Todd Miner.
 8th of Nov, 2011 by   warren pick 0 Votes
LETS ALL GO TO JOHN MORGAN FACEBOOK PAGE AND TELL HIM WHAT WE ALL THINK .HE IS NOT FOR THE PEOPLE. HE PUT ME IN MORE TROUBLE .HE SENT ME TOO DOCTORRS AND I HAVE 5600 DOLLARS IN BILLS AND THEN HE SAID MY CASE WAS DISMISSED BY HIS LAW FIRM AND LEFT ME WITH ALL THE BILLS AND IN PAIN .IM IN MORE TROUBLE SINCE I HIRED THEM THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE

Top 5 Scams to Avoid in 2012