logo

Montage Furniture Services

Posted:    zzhet

Claim

MFS
I purchased 2 Leather Recliners fro Ashley Furniture Store about 3 years ago and also purchased their 'Montage Furniture Services' extended 5 year warranty. The reclining mechanism in both chairs has broken and they cannot get parts to repair the chairs.. I paid over $1600.00 for the 2 chairs... Since they can't be repaired they said that they would replace them & gave me $1674.00 store credit. When I went into the store to select other chairs, they now do not even have chair that cost that much. The 2 chairs I selected will cost $1200.00 and I was told that even though I was given $1674.00 store credit that I can only buy 2 pieces of furniture since that was what I bought originally and that I will just loose the other $474.00, , , , I do not think this is right as I have the credit but am not allowed to spend!!! Calling Indiana State Insurance Commission Tomorrow !!!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Aug, 2009 by   hummin40 +1 Votes
I'm in the middle of a similar battle with MFS and Ashley. Let's see what happens when I try to use a "store credit" on something other than tables. They don't have anything I want. The quality of their furniture stinks. Very few pieces are solid wood. Even fewer are real leather. Buyer beware... Ashley's sales people are gooood at stretching the truth. Please examine the furniture thoroughly before buying and ASK questions. Get it in writing!
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   joeblo89 0 Votes
that is pretty good if you were are able to get new furniture. You probably paid about $200 for the protection and will get $1200 in credit back, not a bad return on investment. What if you didn't buy the plan, you would probably have a chair that didn't work

think of it that way!!!
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   BGN -1 Votes
Exact same problem here. They will not allow you to use your entire credit. Plus, the furniture that is available now is much less quality than when I originally purchased my furniture. Further, if the piece you are wanting is on sale, too bad you still must "pay" full price with your credit. We have been told so many different versions of the warranty and it seems to change on a whim and none of it matches how it was explained when we originally purchased it. DO NOT BUY ASHLEY FURNITURE AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. IT IS A RIP OFF AND YOU WILL NOT GET WHAT YOU EXPECT SHOULD YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. THEY CAN (AND WILL) UP AND CHANGE THE WARRANTY ANYTIME THEY WANT AND IT EVEN SAYS THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO IN THE SMALL PRINT. THEY WILL NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY IN EFFECT WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IT BUT INSTEAD THE MUCH CHANGED ONE THAT IS IN EFFECT TODAY!!! WORTHLESS FURNITURE AND WORTHLESS WARRANTY THROUGH MONTAGE (WHO IS PROBABLY OWNED BY ASHLEY). ASHLEY MANUFACTURES THE FURNITURE. THE STORES ARE INDEPENDENTLY OWNED. MONTAGE WARRANTIES THE FURNITURE. AND WHEN YOU HAVE ANY KIND OF PROBLEM, YOU WILL BE THE ONE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR FINGER POINTING "IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM" TRIANGLE.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   MARIA FROM NY 0 Votes
I also am having a problem with montage and ashley furniture. I bought the extended warranty and now have a rip in my micro fiber sofa. In July (it is now november) I began the claim process. I called ashley, they made me call montage, once connected with montage i had to produce the reciept. I was then forced to call ashley furniture back, wait for the reciept and once again call montage and they had me send the reciept. They explained that once the reciept was recieved they would contact me to set up an appointment with a technician. After waiting 3 weeks I called them back and they said that they had contacted a technician and that "he should have called me" and that it wasnt their fault. Finally a technician called me and set up an appointment 3 weeks from the call date. On the day he was to come, he cancelled and scheduled a day the following week. When he did arrive he advised me that he would order parts and that when I recieved them I would have to call montage again and they would contact the technician and he would call me and come out again. AFTER 3 or 4 more weeks the materials finally came in and i went through the ridiculous process again. The appointment (another 2 or 3 weeks later comes and it turns out that the wrong parts came to my home (not his fault though) oh and upon calling montage not theirs either...oh and upon calling ashley not their fault either...SOOOO he had to re-order parts, i had to wait again and what happens...they send them to the wrong house. SOOO I had to re-order parts AGAIN go through the AMAZINGLE ARDUOUS PROCESS AGAIN! I am now awaiting a call from a technician AGAIN to have my sofa repaired...5 months later!!! AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET...YOU PAY 200 DOLLARS FOR A PLAN AND FIVE MONTHS LATER I STILL HAVE A RIP IN MY SOFA!
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   Kitty Girl from Indiana 0 Votes
Well I will just join this club also! I have been waiting since 1st part of September and now end November and problem not taken care of yet and again Montage says not their fault and Ashley Furniture says not their fault. I will never buy from Ashley again. Montage tells me one thing and 3 days later says another. I tried to speak to management but the lady I was on phone with said nobody could speak to me but would have one call within 48hrs but nobody has called yet but the same lady changing things yets again. Not sure who to talk to now! Thinking about calling local TV station.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Lissette 0 Votes
I don't even know where to start with this company. All I can suggest to you is to complain to the BBB about them. I have been going on and on with these people for at least 2 months now. I rushed home the day the appointment was set up only to have the technician leave after 20 minutes. He did not clean everything, just one little stain. Then the company tells me that I should get a general cleaning. If only 2 spots are dirty exactly why would I get the entire sectional cleaned? I have a 9 piece sectional and if only 2 pieces are dirty how do they get that the entire thing is dirty? I'm sure it was because he came at 4:30 and then wanted to leave. I have been calling everyday and they promise to get back to me, noone ever calls you back. Then there is a frame broken on another piece of furniture that I bought and they ripped the cloth off to take pictures and never even put it back on. what terrible customer service and work. This nonsense that they call a company shoudl be out of business. All they do is rob you of $200. I would like my money back. If they do this type of work to me and after reading all these complaints, I will NEVER AGAIN purchase a protection plan with this company. It clearly states on the contract that they clean stains except for bleach and also that they fix the framing to the furniture. WHAT A LIE AND A RIP OFF - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND I SUGGEST TO ALL OF YOU WHO DO HAVE PROBLEMS - CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   upsetconsumer1958 0 Votes
I have has 3 seperate parts if the frame on my sofa AND love seats break and have been going through the proccess for 3 months! I have received the backing material for the sofa but that wasn't even the problem. Now I am trying to no avail to contact ANYONE at Montage that can help me and I'm getting the run around! STAY AWAY FROM ASHLEYS PROTECTION PLAN it's a joke. I had a protection plan on my daughters bed and the "waterproof" pad leaked and therefore voided the manufacturers warranty and Ashley wouldn't honor the protection plan because the pad WAS the entire plan. Not what I was told when i purchased the useless plan.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Masa Mutoh 0 Votes
WE have been dealing with a bed that Montage authorized for replacement since June 09. We picked out a bed and the retailer refused to order it. Both Montage and the retailer kept blaming each other and now the original 5 year warranty has expired and despite having an approved claim for a replacement bed since June of 2009, they are trying to say the warranty is expired now. I feel that I need to get an attorney involved.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   zzhet -1 Votes
GO FOR IT AS THEY ARE BOTH CROOKS IN MY EYES!!!
 21st of May, 2010 by   NaiveConsumer -1 Votes
I purchased a vinyl sofa from barneys and it started to split and crack on one of the seats after having it only 1 year. I found out it was because I was using pledge multi surface to clean my couch I removed a "protective coating". When I called with my claim they said it wasn't covered because it wasn't a one time accident. I thought I was protecting my investment but now I have to pay for a company to come out and replace not just the one but all three cushions because they are all connected. I was 20 when I bought this and I feel like I have been taken advantage of. Montage had horrible customer service.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   jenny1200 +2 Votes
I purchased a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman from Ashley furniture in Paramus, New Jersey, two months later I had a birthday party for my son. We had about 30 kids in my house. After the party we noticed that the kids damaged the sofa, one of the kids punctured a hole in it with a pen. We called Montage (Thank God we had the protection plan) the service technician was in our house within 24 hours. He noticed that the depth of the puncture was too deep and fixing it would only be a temp solution. He recommended that we get a new cushion only to find out that the set was dis-continoued by Ashley. Montage reimbursed us with $2, 600 in store credit to purchase a new set, but the best part is that we got to keep our old set as well. I Love shopping at Ashley Furniture because they kept their promise and delivered with their protection plan.
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   neverpurchasetheprotectionplan 0 Votes
This sounds like a good complaint for the Better Business Bureau.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   sucks big time 0 Votes
I will never the purchase from this company again, I called Montage today to give them a list of problems with some of the furniture that was purchased from Ashley Furniture in Fremont, CA. I purchased a whole house of furniture. Well I was told that nothing would be covered because you have to submit your claim within thirty days of noticing a problem. This company and Ashley Furniture is a rip off.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   zzhet 0 Votes
I agree 100% as I have never done bussiness with a CO. like this in my life. We only had 2 Ashley stores here in the INDIANAPOLIS area and one of them went out of bussiness several months ago... When I had my run around with them a little over 1 year ago, they tried to get me to rebuy the INS. on my replacement purchase and I told them that although I didn't beleive that the chairs I bought would last for 5 years, that I also didn't think that they would be in bussiness in 5 years so the INS. would do me no good !!!
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   JackOfDiamonds +1 Votes
I'm a bit mixed on this one; we bought about $12000 worth of Ashley furniture almost 4 years ago now, with a 5-year warranty that cost about $400 extra. Since that time, they've replaced one of the beds, the dining room table, the desk, sofa cushions and a coffee table. Most recently a knob...yes, just a knob was broken on my 8-piece desk set. Since they don't carry this particular desk set anymore and can't find a knob that would cost about $5.00, they authorized replacement of the entire 8-piece set...$2000+ credit. Unfortunately, Ashley no longer carries anything as nice as what I have, so I'll probably wind up getting about $1500 worth of replacement furniture; however...remember, I only paid $400 for the warranty, I get to keep the 'damaged' desk that I've already replaced the knob on, and I've had thousands of dollars worth of replacement/fixit work done over the past few years. I'll probably just sell whatever I reselect, since the desk doesn't really need to be replaced anyway - hooray for craigslist :). In my mind, the warranty was one of the best investments I've ever made. The real cause of pain here is the quality of the furniture that I purchased; had I not purchased the warranty, I'd have quite a few broken items around the house. Those items that have been replaced probably have about a 5-year lifespan ahead of them. So if you're going to buy from Ashley, be SURE to buy the warranty, don't expect the furniture to last more than about five years, and enjoy the deal. If you can't stand the thought of having to use the warranty, and potentially not being able to use the full amount you originally paid or not being able to get an exact replacement, then you probably shouldn't shop at Ashley or buy the warranty. As I said, I'm a bit mixed; I probably won't buy Ashley again, but I think I've gotten more than a fair shake out of the warranty coverage.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   bruceanucfer 0 Votes
I'm another who paid Montage for a 5-year warranty but have received nothing after filing a claim, not even a call back or an email after all the forms had been completed. Stay clear of this company!
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   furniture10 +1 Votes
you get your origianl retail amount back-- YOUR FURNITURE IS DAMAGED!! why would you get more than what you paid.. why would they cover the quality THEY ARE NOT THE FUCKING MFG OF THE FURN!!! that would be the stores issue to deal with READ YOUR PROTECTION PLAN!!
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   Abhishek Mishra 0 Votes
Please go and complain to BBB.org. It takes less than 5 minutes t owrite the complain. It is much faster than you think. These people will start reponding once the complaint is put in. Do not accept any other offer than a complete refund. I am goint through the same thing with Montage and Ashley theire quality is extremely poor.
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   Cat Urine 0 Votes
I have the Montage 5 year warranty and I am wondering if they will cover cat urine? I did not get any paperwork with my warranty other than something saying they cover "All Stains". I am hoping they will fix this, since the furniture is only 16 months old!
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   Toriw 0 Votes
I purchased furniture for my entire house at once 3 years ago. A few weeks ago I filed for a broken arm, ink stains, and ripped cushion on couch- DENIED. Cat scratches on dining room chairs. DENIED. (In reply to the cat urine question above- They told me that if the cat had urinated on the dining room chair cushions they would have covered it, but cat scratches are not covered. So, if they try and tell you that your claim is not covered they are scamming us both). Dresser where the drawer tracks wore out and no longer shut properly. DENIED. Over-sized living room chair has tear in leather and swivel mechanism is broken. DENIED. My warranty paperwork says that all stains, scratches, rips, punctures, and mechanism failures are covered. When I asked her why my claims were denied she said that the couch would have been covered if my child were to have ripped the cushion, but since I did it when removing to clean them it was not covered. She said that the they would cover the dresser if the drawers weren't closing because of a gouge or nick in the wood, not because the tracks are malfunctioning or wore out. She did not know why the chair claim was denied. I asked her to read me the specifics of my warranty and she read exactly what I was reading off of my paperwork... that all of the above should be covered. She said completely agreed with me and is going to re-submit to the claims center. We'll see if she really does this or if she was just saying that to get me off the phone...

Web of Deceit - Internet Fraud