Model and Talent Services

1303 Danforth Ave
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
modelandtalentservices.com
The casting director Peter will call you in to meet with him and he will tell you about the industry and will take pictures of you to "supposedly" submit to casting directors throughout Canada and the U.S. A few days later he will call you back saying all of these big name casting directors are interested in you from Vancouver, Miami, New York, LA, etc. He'll make another appointment to meet with you and charge you over $800 up front to join the agency. BEWARE: THIS AGENCY IS A HUGE SCAM. They don't submit you to ANY roles, like a real agency is suppose to do. They also charge extra for comp cards, about $500 (which look cheap). PLEASE DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS AGENCY! They are a complete waste of your time and nothing will come out of it. You'll just be giving away over $1000 to this scam artist. Please do your research before joining any agency. I have recently joined a new acting agency and I didn't have to pay ONE cent to join - except for a small fee to become of member of casting workbook (a reputable casting website).
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Entertainment

Comments

19th of Jan, 2013 by    -1 Votes
I am currently with Model And Talent Services, I needed to pay a total of $4.95 to join their website, and have gotten a role from it.

I think what you did was buy their services, or the sales person tried to get you to buy their services, (photos, videos, etc.) I already had mine, (which i had paid about $500 for) and I was able to use them.

My overall experience has been very good.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Any reputable agency submits you for roles - I'm afraid Model and Talent Services doesn't. The sales person (Peter) told me I HAD to pay the fees if I was going to sign with them.

I'm glad you got one audition out of it but I'm afraid you won't get much further unless you sign with a reputable agency.

If you're looking for a reputable agency, check out ACTRA's website.

Anyway, for all of you thinking about signing with them, think again. You've been warned.
 3rd of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I don't know what the adobe person is talking about as he (Peter) told me about the comp cards and they are $50..not $500. And yes unlike all other agencies you do your own looking up. He gives you the list that everyone else hides...I've been with 3 other agencies that are scams..This is not. Now it's just about the talent you have. I'm getting work because of all the pictures he took of me!
 30th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
This is because nothing happened to u. Who knows, u might be one supporter but this company is totally shit!
 15th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR TRAP! I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS SCAM AGENCY! You were warned in advance.
 27th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Its a total bullshit scam artist sitting and robbing around those innocent people whom are ignorant about being ripped off by skilled professional cheaters ..
 5th of Aug, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I am registered member with MTS for over a year now, Peter is a nice person to work with. I’ve got 4 jobs from MTS so far. He does not charge an absurd amount for the services that he provides. You just need to register on the MTS website and charge for that is 20$ a month or 150$ for a year. I went ahead with the yearly membership and so far I have already recovered the money that I had invested by registering on the website. I suggest to everyone who has serious ambition to register here and go ahead and contact Peter he is a very helpful person.
 18th of Aug, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I went to check out the company to see how they operate. I would like to report what I found out it was completely opposite from the complaint. It is a genuine talent management firm. They look into it that where do we have strengths and what are our weakness and works on them collectively in order for us to get jobs.It’s too bad that this forum allows people like the above complainant to put false allegations on such a company’s name.
 29th of Dec, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I'm with mts from past 6 months and i got 3 jobs so far..so please think about it before you comment.
 7th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
This company is biggest scam I have ever experienced in my modelling career PETER asked me to pay him 150$ to sign up so they "wouldn't take the first 150 out my commission" I got no job no casting and no photoshoot I had photos by a friend taken he told me were shit basically then preceded to tell me I would make money if I paid him 800$ to do a proper high resolution photoshoot when I told him I "wasn't interested because he was helping in no way" he bashed me and blocked my number. I called him back from a different number and he said "this isn't welfare" they can't give you back the money.
Extremely rude and disrespectful man I worn you do not go with this company there are no casting directors no nothing they work in an empty warehouse that has nothing going on yet he says there is a lot of money in the industry. Oh please I hope he pays for his mistakes.
 22nd of Apr, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Dear Samantha Drysdale
You obviously are talented at not telling the truth. When you came in you were properly introduced into our exclusive Booking and Sponsorship System .Our system ( www.ModelANdTalentServices.com) is designed to offer MODELS, ACTORS and other entertainers PAID OPPORTUNITIES and crowdfunding style SPONSORHIP!...and YOU LOVED THAT VERY MUCH!
You were explained that since this is a SELF SUBMIT SYSTEM, you have to work, that it will be up to you to submit to casting that we provide in our booking system. You were explained that there is “NO FREE LUNCH” and that it takes work to succeed.
You were also told that it is not up to the agency but it is up to our clients to get you work so you need to apply to appropriate opportunities and you need to have proper tools to apply with (PHOTOS and DEMOREEL).
The FACT IS that you DID NOT APPLY TO CASTING THAT WE PROVIDED! ( we can prove that) and that your friend’s photos were simply not appropriate.
You PAID $150 dollars to be registered in our Booking System and I told you that we will not deduct first $150 dollars of commissions against your earnings that we would normally deduct.
This is to motivate our talent to start working! To self submit…, to make money and thus get their small investment back ASAP. You liked that idea and that is why you registered!
SAMANTHA, HOW CAN YOU SUCCEED IF YOU DON’T APPLY FOR JOBS and HAVE NO PROPER TOOLS TO SUBMIT WITH?
It was my responsibility to properly advise you what you need to improve your chances and that is why
I suggested a proper portfolio, combined with our exclusive DEMO REEL PROMOTIONAL SYSTEM that we price at $800…and that is much less then you would be able to get anywhere else.
Yes, I refused to talk you after you called more than 10X at my private number and were yelling and screaming.
Maybe you should check your glasses prescription, since you obviously did not see that we operate from 5000 sq feet fully equipped premises with OFFICESS, PHOTO and TV STUDIO!.
I would like to extend an invitation to readers to REGISTER FREE at www.ModelAndTalentServices.com to see what we really do! https://youtu.be/jjKbSca7f9U
..And come to see us at: 2244 Drew Rd, Unit 6, Mississauga, Ont. L56 1B1
I will be glad to talk to you in person..
Thanks