logo

1303 Danforth Ave
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
modelandtalentservices.com
The casting director Peter will call you in to meet with him and he will tell you about the industry and will take pictures of you to "supposedly" submit to casting directors throughout Canada and the U.S. A few days later he will call you back saying all of these big name casting directors are interested in you from Vancouver, Miami, New York, LA, etc. He'll make another appointment to meet with you and charge you over $800 up front to join the agency. BEWARE: THIS AGENCY IS A HUGE SCAM. They don't submit you to ANY roles, like a real agency is suppose to do. They also charge extra for comp cards, about $500 (which look cheap). PLEASE DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS AGENCY! They are a complete waste of your time and nothing will come out of it. You'll just be giving away over $1000 to this scam artist. Please do your research before joining any agency. I have recently joined a new acting agency and I didn't have to pay ONE cent to join - except for a small fee to become of member of casting workbook (a reputable casting website).
Comments Canada Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2013 by   TorontoActor -1 Votes
I am currently with Model And Talent Services, I needed to pay a total of $4.95 to join their website, and have gotten a role from it.

I think what you did was buy their services, or the sales person tried to get you to buy their services, (photos, videos, etc.) I already had mine, (which i had paid about $500 for) and I was able to use them.

My overall experience has been very good.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   TorontoAct -1 Votes
Any reputable agency submits you for roles - I'm afraid Model and Talent Services doesn't. The sales person (Peter) told me I HAD to pay the fees if I was going to sign with them.

I'm glad you got one audition out of it but I'm afraid you won't get much further unless you sign with a reputable agency.

If you're looking for a reputable agency, check out ACTRA's website.

Anyway, for all of you thinking about signing with them, think again. You've been warned.
 3rd of May, 2013 by   proactor -1 Votes
I don't know what the adobe person is talking about as he (Peter) told me about the comp cards and they are $50..not $500. And yes unlike all other agencies you do your own looking up. He gives you the list that everyone else hides...I've been with 3 other agencies that are scams..This is not. Now it's just about the talent you have. I'm getting work because of all the pictures he took of me!
 30th of Aug, 2013 by   Mysticc -1 Votes
This is because nothing happened to u. Who knows, u might be one supporter but this company is totally shit!
 15th of Aug, 2014 by   TOactor24 0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR TRAP! I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS SCAM AGENCY! You were warned in advance.

Consumer Tips: Going Out Of Network