logo

Miche Bag

Posted:    ajunes-reston

Defective Shell

Miche Bag
Defective Shell - magnets weak; shell does not hold to bag - Miche and rep (ebay) unresponsive.

Received from Corinne Smith, Miche Customers Service. Thank you for contacting us about your bag. Miche Bag stands behind its products and we strive to have zero defects but unfortunately it happens. You will need to contact the original point of purchase as they should be able to exchange it for you. Please let me know if there are any other problems or questions I can help you with. Email: csmith@michebag.com - Phone: 801-285-7907

And the finger pointing begins.

Finally, Angie Pedersen, Miche Customer Service Manager - Email: apedersen@michebag.com; Phone: 801-566-4243 - offers to sell a replacement shell for half price.

My CC Company said a charge back can be initiated against the Ebay if I can get a copy of Miche's warranty for their magnets. To date, Miche Customer Service will not acknowledge if there is a warranty, which leads me to believe it does not warrant it's product after 30 days. If a defect presents itself after that time, the customer is left swinging in the breeze with a worthless bag and/or shell.

NOTE: the other three shells I bought are fine. Knowing this, Miche still insists they are not responsible for replacing the shell - the ebay rep has stopped selling Miche bags - and I think I now have a better understanding why.

If anyone buys a Miche bag, go into the sale knowing that if you do not test all the shells for a few days (even if you look silly with an out of season shell) you may end up with a worthless shell

I fully intended to add to my Miche shell collection - now -- it simply isn't worth the risk.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Aug, 2010 by   HonestSales +1 Votes
Miche Reps are not allowed to sell on eBay. The seller of your bag was either an unscrupulous rep, or not one at all, simply a reseller of bags.

Miche products are guaranteed, but you much buy them from a certified Miche rep or dealer. To find one, go to the MicheBag website and locate either a retail location or a home sales rep near you.

No company can (nor should) be expected to guarantee products sold on ebay.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   vampiresita 0 Votes
I am wondering if you are actually putting the shell on correctly. I contacted my Miche rep friend because I was having trouble getting my shell and my bag to stay connected. There are some magnetic flaps on the base bag that fold over the shell when you put the shell inside of the purse. If you do not use those flaps, then the base bag and the shell will not stay together properly. I have a Big Bag and have been using it for several weeks now with no problems. I do not think there is any problem with the magnets, but am pretty sure based on how you worded this that you aren't fitting them together correctly. I easily missed the flaps on the base bag, so maybe you did the same. Since no instruction sheet came with my Miche bag (I purchased mine directly from michebag.com) I had no idea how to put it together to make it stay. When I contacted my friend that sells them, she said I wasn't the only one that had had this happen before.
 4th of May, 2011 by   t.mays 0 Votes
i agree that miche has a right to protect their patent and copy rights but there is something fishy about this company. in order to be a rep you have to read and sign enough papers that it looks like you are buying a car. i have spoken to several reps that are selling their lots of miche things because they are getting out of miche. their reasons are amoung many. one is that miche charges way too much postage to ship the orders to the reps. another reason is cause their distributors don;t keep enough stock, like all of the shells. the former reps said the distributors pick and choose what shells to have and then they cannot fill the customers orders and this gets frustrating. another rep told me that miche cuts down on the commision once the new rep starts selling a bunch. one rep told me they continued to cut her percentage til she was down to 20% and she was buying thoudands a month in product and by the time she paid postage and gas she was in the hole. this is why i decided not to be a rep. i decided i would buy used or new from other people that are selling theirs. also to buy from former reps on ebay. this caused a distributor to be threatened that she could lose her contract with miche. i think this is a fad. it will wear out at some point. also this distributor will not sell to me anymore cause of miche threatening her. one i buy something rtetail if i want to resale it there is nothing they can do. i think miche has let thri power go to their head. if you don;t believe me just go on ebay ans see all the miche for sale, then see where the reps have said"this is my stcok aND I DON;T SELL ANYMORE" THEN SEND THEM AN EMAIL AND THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE JUST TOLD YOU. SINCERELY tina mays 423 821 0423 532 browns ferry rd. chattanooga, tenn. 37419 we have freedom of speech
 7th of Aug, 2011 by   kathy ranger +1 Votes
If you buy your miche on ebay you are on your own - you should be buying from an authorized rep and then you will get the guarantee. I would get in touch with ebay and solve your issue with them after all they are your point of purchase. I have all three miche bags, and numerous shells and have had not an issue.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   t.mays 0 Votes
the shells are sometimes defective. my friend and i both purchased a purple shell with the blue line on it. it is a beautiful shell but it comes off very easy. i had to go back and search for mine 2 times where i had been shopping cause when i got to my car and sat down and sat my purse down the shell was gone. luckily both times i found it at one of the places i was shopping. then the first day i used my purse decorative flower magnet it fell off and rolled down a paved hill and i had to chase it and it was in a big parking lot. then when i got it the rhinestones had fallen out and i could not find them. the same thing happened to my friend with her purse magnet. so this is 4 items and 3 different people . so i have really slowed down on my miche purchases. i do like the purse . i have only carried the miche for months now . but i think the prices are getting too high and the fee for ordering at parties have gotten tool high.
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   CENTRAL FLORIDA MICHE BAGS -1 Votes
That is what you get when you buy from ebay... NO customer service, Defective product..you get what you pay for and Do expect to be treated how you where treated when you purchased the product.. just with a press of a "DELETE" key on the keyboard.. Purchase from your local AUTHORIZED SALES REP!
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   t.mays -1 Votes
the 2 purple shells were from an aurthorized miche rep. direct from her local store, they were not from ebay. i don;t know where you get that i purchased it from ebay. but even if i would have. they are suppose to be lifelong magnets. you did not read my paragraph correctly and you are being bossy when you do not know what you are talking about.!!!
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   t.mays 0 Votes
the purse magnets were new from a rep also and they were crap. they had been recalled and the rep was still selling them.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   CENTRAL FLORIDA MICHE BAGS 0 Votes
I was making a comment towards Kathy Ranger comment about purchase's on e-bay.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   t.mays -2 Votes
i am truly sorry for my comment. please forgive me. i did not read the other complaints.
LOL..:)
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   CENTRAL FLORIDA MICHE BAGS 0 Votes
T.mays...Miche has guidelines for the Distributor to follow and just this yr one of those were either you have a 25% Commision Sales Rep or a 40% Inventory Carrying Sales Rep. All my Sales Reps are 40% I.C.Sales Rep. No more or no less.. just a FYI.. If you would like more information or have any questions you can email me jennifermichebagsatyahoodotcom. I am a distributor.
 20th of Sep, 2011 by   BijouBijou -1 Votes
@ tina mays 423 821 0423 532 browns ferry rd. chattanooga, tenn. 37419 we have freedom of speech...First of all, did you go to school? Your incorrigible grammar and incoherent rambling makes it nearly impossible to understand at what it is you are truly upset. Is that your telephone number and address you threw out there too? How bizarre! I'll be honest with you, until you take an intelligent approach and communicate like an educated adult, I don't think your point has a chance of coming across as perhaps you envision it. Want to give it another shot?
 20th of Sep, 2011 by   t.mays 0 Votes
wow, you must have lots of anger. there are 5 mispelled words because i am not a good typist. i have a degree past high school. if you look at your reply, you have 2 sentences that the words are not correctly arranged. maybe you need to read my complaint again slower . the words that are mispelled are easily to understand what they are suppose to be.for you to attack me as you did you must have so many inner problems. glad you were able to vent on me. do you feel better.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   georgiapeach 0 Votes
As a Miche bag representative I will not honor any product warranty if not purchased from me, within Miche guidelines, and I absolutely won't help someone that gets burned online via an ebay seller. There's a reason the company doesn't want it's product sold on ebay and amazon---buyer beware---you don't know what you're getting from ebay-whether you're buying mary kay, avon, scentsy, or a volvo, you're trying to get a "deal' that might not really be a "deal".
 8th of Jun, 2012 by   pursemogul 0 Votes
I know this post is quite old but being that is still ranking very high on search engines, I thought I would add an update. As of April 30 2012, Miche no longer operates under the business model that was in place when these issues occurred. Now there’s a LOT more accountability for reps and their business practices. They have addressed all the issues that Tina mentioned and Miche is now stronger than ever with very bright future. Miche now handles all inventory, shipping, credit card transactions sales tax etc so the rep is no longer responsible for these expenses. Miche has taken great strides to improve customer satisfaction and offers a 90-day return policy on all defective merchandise as well as a 30-day return policy if you’re just not happy with the purchase. However, the purchase must be made through an authorized representative in order to qualify for a return. Reps are not allowed to sell on ebay so if you purchase a bag or a shell from ebay, you can assume it’s not coming from an authorized rep. For an ebay purchase, you are beholden to the terms of the ebay listing simply because, Miche can no longer guarantee the integrity of that particular product. Who knows what the seller did to it or if it’s even a genuine Miche product. If an item is purchased from a rep and you’re still within the warranty period, you must first contact the rep you purchased the product from. If you don’t receive any response from them or they aren’t willing to help, then you can call Miche Customer Service and they will track your order and contact that reps upline to find someone to take care of you. I have been a Miche rep for almost two years now and am now a Managing Director. I believe 100% in the product. Please don’t write them off based on one bad experience with a questionable rep or an ebay seller that doesn’t have to adhere to Miche’s quality of service. To find out more about the new business and products, you can go to my site at handbagsbydesign-dot-com. I hope my comments help.
 24th of Sep, 2013 by   topshopper 0 Votes
pursemogul - You forgot to mention how Miche screwed all of its distributors when they changed models. Miche left many of their distributors holding tens of thousand of dollars of stock with no way to get rid of it. The company appears to be on the verge of bankruptcy and continues to produce an inferior product. They even tried jewelry (major failure) to try to force their former distributors and reps to choose between representing Miche and Origami Owl (hint: Miche lost that battle). There is completely incompetent management at the top and total lack of respect for the original supporters who made them what they are. When they go out of business, it's because of their own stupidity and lack of ethics!
 28th of Nov, 2013 by   JRB2 0 Votes
They also screwed their inventory reps. I was one of them. Now they're all about conferences for the top people. It's a pyramid scheme at best. I'm getting out, as fast as I can.

Consumer Update: Save Your Skin from Sun