logo

GE Profile
Stay away
2. (31 mins ago)
MTC Truck Driver Training
services not complete and discrimination
3. (47 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
4. (52 mins ago)
birds by joe
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
5. (54 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Metro Public Adjustment, Inc., Bensalem, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Poor Service

Metro Public Adjustment, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Metro Public Adjustment, Inc.

Posted:    lilnico

Poor Service

Metro Public Adjustment, Inc
3551 Bristol Pike
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Phone: 800-866-1994
metropa.com
Metro Public Adjustment was hired to repersent us for an insurance claim it took Metro over 7 months to get our claim settled and along the way they just kept taking more money from us to hire an independent and then an umpire to try and settle the dispute with the insurance co and during the entire process we were being reassured by the adjuster and the rep from Metro is that once we get to the umpire stage that they never loose and it would be in my best intrest to proceed to that step. Well we did proceed and still lost... During the entire 7 months Metro would not return any of my phone calls and when they did it was always I don't know whats doing on. In one occurance I spoke to the Metro Rep and she advised us that we were awarded everything that was in dispute and that we are in good shape, an hour later get a phone call from the adjuster and we are being told that they need to go to the next step because nothing was awarded. It was a prime example that the left hand had no clue what the right was doing. When I questioned the metro rep I was given the response "you could have handled it yourself and have gotten nothing". I am kicking myself everyday for going with this company and I will express to everyone reading this to second guess yourself before using metro public adjustment.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2009 by   skeptic1547 0 Votes
Just so you know, these guys are part of a pyramid scheme, where the adjusters are just normal people, no training, and have to get people under them. In these types of businesses, the actual business itself is not important, just the recruitment. I feel sorry for you, no one would think to search online when hiring a company, like they would when looking for a job.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   Resonable Person 0 Votes
Metro Public Adjustment is not a pyramid scheme, only a misinformed person would give this opinion... Please go look up the definition of a pyramid scheme and educate yourself before you speak.

Next, people hire attorney's everyday and pay them 10's of thousands of dollars and some 100's of thousands of dollars and they loose... Give me a break, just because a company or an attorney goes to bat for a person and they loose does not make them a scam... And, I would also say... If I spent 10, 000 on an attorney, 8, 000 on court costs and lost I would have rather done it myself or not at all... Who wouldn't...
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   Jerzgirl -3 Votes
Metro is not a scam it's in the contract if the claim does not settle you dont have to pay them its better than an attorney you have to pay them no matter what. Ya they recruite a lot but its only cause they r an expanding company and there are millions of homes in the U.S. If they were a scam the state would of shut them down already. I did my research they have been a legite company for 15 years.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   TeeItUpTR -1 Votes
Metro is the GREATEST IN MY BOOK. I just GOT MY CHECK on a homeowner's claim done by Metro Public Adjustment. I originally called my insurance company all by myself and they told me my soot on the walls wasn't covered. They said that gas heaters don't create dirt. ahhhh ... well how the heck did the dirt get on my walls ... it wasn't there over the summer. The insurance company wouldn't even send out an adjuster. A family friend recommended I call this guy at Metro and low and behold, just got a check to clean up the dirt. They charge a fee for their services but it comes out of the insurance check -- you don't write them a check. If someone above had a problem it's probably more the insurance company's fault than the public adjusters fault. Insurance companies don't like to pay money -- PERIOD -- and they will put you off and delay things as long as possible. These guys are top notch and the two people I dealt with were licensed by the state and bonded -- it's serious business to do what they do.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   JWKIII -2 Votes
This company is garbage! Im still waiting on my money 6 months later! My rep has abandoned me and I am at my breaking point!
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   BS Detector 0 Votes
Metro pays people to sit in a boiler room and prowl the net for complaints about them. Many major corporations do this. I think it's uncanny that "REASONABLE PERSON" cannot spell the word "Lose", it's the exact same misspelling that I saw in a Craigslist Ad for employment there!

They offer you a job as a building inspector with "no experience required"! This should be alarming to you. Their "employment" section on their website talks about nothing but "Lucrative easy work". That should be alarming also!

This is from the Department of Labor website :
"Formal training and education is required to become a building inspector. Many building inspectors have a education background in engineering, construction management or public safety. They also need understanding of technical information and building codes pertaining to structures."

They don't care if you have this training, because if you are brushed off by the claims dept of the insurance company, they lose no money. (if you lose the appeal, the client pays nothing = you get nothing! ) They encourage dishonest and unethical behavior, like reporting every last crack in the sidewalk and every drop of water on the floor, is "significant water leakage".

There is no such thing as easy, risk free money. Unless you run a company like Metro does and you have a bunch of greedy lazy fools running all over the city pulling in money for you... and you use that money to pay college kids and housewives to prowl the net spreading "counter attacks" on legitimate complaints about their company. All they know how to do, is recruit, and cover their own ****'s legally.

Don't waste your time! And don't hire them either! And watch out, they are NOT the only company who does this!
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   PhillyRELadies +1 Votes
We are having a horrible experience wth Metro Public Adjusting Inc. Like other comments, our smoke/fire loss claim is now 2 1/2 months old and nothing has been done. Like others, our assigned adjuster doesn't respond to direct phone call inquiries and when we call the Metro Office and ask to speak with Bill the Director of Sales, the lady only offers take a message with the promise that he will return our phone calls. It has been 4 weeks (one month of weekly phone calls ) and neither the Dir. of Adjusters or the Office Mgr. Denise Johnson) will return phone calls to us. Last week, we sort the assistance of the PA Insurance Commission who is now investigating this company and their employees.

After the contract with this company we found Online that Oct. 2009, there was a Insurance Commissions of Commomwealth of PA charge for fraud and finding of unlicensed Public Ins. Adjusters acting as Licensed Adjusters when in fact they were not legally authorize to practice as adjusters. Check out PA Docket #CO09-06-021 (Violation 63 Purdon's Statutes, Sec. 1606 (a)(10). It references actions of Steven J. McCaffrey (Metro President), Bill Underkoffle (Adjuster), and Jamal A. Talib (Adjuster).

Before waiting 7 months, we have filed a formal complaint with the commissioner, have contacted an attorney for legal representation, and may file law suits against individuals for release of the contract with Metro and Mental Anguish.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   BS Detector 0 Votes
Uh oh! This could get them shut down! Lawyers flooding to the case like flies to ...well you know.

CMON Metro! Where's the canned rebuttel a-la-carte? Earn your 11.50$ an hour, cubicle drones! Galley slaves! Complain to the web admin to try and get that docket number removed!

Ask your boss what to do, he's the one frantically shredding personelle files in the copy room right now!
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Alpha Env +1 Votes
I came to this site to check out Metro, as I'm considering performing services for them. I'm currently self-employed as an Environmental Consultant, and have had countelss projects where my Clients have had related insurance claims over the years. I've also worked with public adjusters in some of these instances.

I'm amazed at the ignorance exhibited here on this site. It is not unusual for an insurance claim to sometimes take YEARS to settle, often involving financial and emotional cost as the situation makes its way though the legal system. Insurance companies are in business to collect premiums and invest those premiums (YOUR MONEY), NOT to pay out claims. Some insurance companies are much worse than others in this regard, but very few simply write a check in a matter of days or even weeks for a fair amount to cover the claims.

As I said, I'm still in the process of checking out this company, but there are substantial differences between "building inspectors", as one person identified them, and claims adusters. Also, it's currently my understanding that ALL public adjusters have to be LICENSED by the state.

There are good and bad in all professions. I'm neither defending nor condemning Metro or anyone else who performs Public Adjustment services, and not even insurance companies for that matter. What I AM attempting to do is to point out the obvious misinformation and lack of experienced "real world" perspectives behind some of the posts here, from a professional, and only indirectly related, impartial perspective.

Finally, anyone hiring any professional would be well advised to check out their references, experience and level of expertise. Too many people want to condemn professionals, or in some cases negatively stereotype many based on extremely limited experience, and their own failure to perform due diligence before hiring someone to perform a service.

It's a shame, but that's what's necessary in today's world. It would serve you all well to recognize that fact and act accordingly.
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   missywebbb 0 Votes
I have attended the Metro start up seminar, paid my $40.00 for classes...But am still a little leary about the whole business. They want you to contact all your friends, and famly, set up an apointment with them and go out and tell them what is WRONG their house, and possibly that their insurance coverage they have ISNT enough! Im all for helping out my family, but in a way feel like I am soliciting my family and friends and asking them to file a claim on damage that isn't even bothering the homeowner! Legitamatley I do have a friend that could use the help...I agree that I pay my insurance for a reason...WHEN THERE's A PROBLEM IT GETS FIXED..But if we continue to go out an recruit people to file claims against insurance companies just for our own and Metro's own satisfaction, isn't that JUST GOING TO INCREASE the insurance rates we are already paying?

What this job hiring process is, is to become a Public Adjuster Solicitor(which is what they are hiring for)...Basically you find people to file a claim. Metro sends out an adjuster, the adjuster inspects the damages thoroughly and begins the insurance claim process. And by the way Metro's Public Asjusters do 6 month of schooling, as oppose to your insurance company adjusters who ONLY school for 72 hours...Your insurance adjuster are trained to minamize your return, Metro's Public Adjusters are trained to maxamize the return. Metro's Public Adusters are well trained! The solicitor however, can go through several classes..Cost $40.00...Apply for a state license...Cost approx. $100.00 but before you come liscensed you have to have 3 claims filed successfully! And then METRO reimburses you $450.00...Okay so needless to say I am a little weary of this JOB I have been offered, but something makes me want to see this through since I am unemployed at the present moment. I do have some time...But will my time be wasted?
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   Not backing down 0 Votes
Okay...I am very informed about Metro. They are a bunch of SCAM artist. I know this first hand. I hired Metro and still had to hire an attorney to clean up Metro's mess. These people are far from on your side. I know first hand they prey on people who find themselves in a devastated situation. Their communication SUCKS! They lie to their clients! I feel sorry for everyone who is in the same situation that I find myself in. It has been OVER ONE YEAR and still going through crap. I DON'T CARE HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND. BEWARE...THEY ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR CLIENTS...JUST WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM. They hope that the client will get to the point to just give in, like most will do because they need the money. You have rights...even with these idiots. I would argue with anyone who says they are the best. I am sure those who write positive comments are those who work for Metro. If you are someone who makes decisions based on someone else's reviews then believe me when I say...GO ELSE WHERE NOT METRO. This is a comment based on my ACTUAL EXPERIENCE WITH METRO!!! Not someone who works for them. As a matter of fact I believe my story could be a best seller or at least help someone else not to make the same mistake we did. Thanks for reading...good luck!
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   Not backing down 0 Votes
My previous comment is showing a thumbs up...sorry it should be thumbs down...FRUSTRATION gets the best of us.
STAY AWAY FROM METRO!!!
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Sachsy10 -1 Votes
Metro Public adjustment is A rated with BBB so we are doing things 98% efficeintly and we are licensed & bonded. We deal with 1000's of home owners and it is hard to keep every home owner satisfied. Its usually the insurance company themselves which stalls the process because they are trying to deny the home owner their rights to having home owners insurance. We protect & educate home owners...there is not a claim at everyone's house we educate home owners on their insurance policy and build a business at the same time.Most of these complaints come from bad communication between parties and unfortunately this happens sometimes. Always consider using Metro Public Adjustment !!!
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Studiofnc +2 Votes
I am completely unsatisfied client of Metro, they are in my opinion more of a distrubtion then a help to a homeowner. The young man came to my home to do the initial inspection for Bank of America. While he was there he asked me "So, how is your insurance company treating you?" I told him that we were having some issues and he jumped right on that..."I represent Metro Public Adjustment, I would love to sit down and discuss our services with you". So I gave him a shot, he came to my home on Sunday and gave me the song and dance... We do this...We do that.. We usually get you 2-3 times more than what your insurance company says you should get. I looked at him like he was crazy! The Insirance company had already valued my construction cost at $32, 000, I started thinking $64 to $98K, wow I could get the house done the way I really wanted...That was 12/27/09...Fast Forward 04/05/10... I am still waiting for the check..It's in the mail... When I call Metro HQ all the voice mailboxes are filled, so you can't leave a message. Then you contact the adjuster and...You got it VOICEMAIL... does he return the phone call...NOPE. I have attempted to cancel the contract..They have a laundry list of things they have done on your behalf, but when you ask the important question "How Much did you get from the insurance company???" No one knows anything!!!

Then I find out that they got $11, 0000 + $11, 000 held back in depreciation, even though the contractor told them it was going to take an additional $25, 000 to finish my home... Still not 2-3 times what i was told they would get me. I am still waiting to find out what they got me for my contents... I bet it won't even come close to 2-3 times, but guess what... they are taking their 35%.

Friends... Deal with your insurance company... get your contractor to help you... Stay away from Metro or other places like this... they are not intrested in your well being.. just your signature on the dotted line... then you are screwed. When you hired this Company, your Insurance Company will not talk to you anymore...and when you can't talk to anyone at Metro... just exactly to whom are are you to speak with about your claim?? My advise is get a mirror and talk to the mirror... You'll get your answer faster!!!

I wish you all luck... don't fall into the trap... Metro is full of crap!!!
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   PA pro  Best Advice +4 Votes
I AM a public adjuster. There is no way this company can work the way they clai. To be a really good PA takes YEARS of training. Anyone who hasn't done this business for a minimum of 10 years doesn't know what he's doing.
 4th of May, 2010 by   terspa -1 Votes
Wow, this site is full of crap not the company you're claiming against. Most of you don't know what the heck you're talking about.

#1) It doesn't take years to train to become a PA, it takes months at a very intense program set up in Harrisburg and several weeks in the field training.
#2) Insurance company adjusters may or may not attend this training -- there are plenty that don't but all PA's do this training
#3) Insurance company's offer 25 to 40 cent on the dollar for what your claim is worth (Smart Money Magazine) so if that makes you happy go for it -- not me thanks! I had a claim reopened by Metro PA and got an additional 5k after they took their fee. The insurance company was ripping me off.
#4)Every PA or PA solicitor studies and takes a state test to become licensed. The training can take anywhere from 1 to 4 months depending on how much time you can devote.
#5) If you take the advise of bozo the clown up above and deal with the insurance companies on your own you may as well be accused of a felony and go to court using the prosecuting attorney to represent you. You folks are stark raving mad!
#6) Insurance Companies don't settle claims fairly. If it takes months or years to get what's owed to me then I'm going to do it. As far as someone not calling you back -- that doesn't happen to me I get answers when I want them, so if you're too complacent to get answers -- take responsibility for yourself for heavens sakes!
#7) There's so much crap out here -- you people should be ashamed of yourselves.
 11th of May, 2010 by   Not backing down +2 Votes
This site is not full of crap...just people who have had bad experiences with your company!

I must say you must be a lucky one. Let me first say, I know what I am talking about when I say METRO SUCKS!!!

1- They don't return calls.

2- And if your lucky to get someone they lie and tell you your talking to a manager or supervisor. But in fact you're just talking to another loser who call themselves adjustors.

3- Metro did not submit all I was entitled to...Gee that's doing a great job!

4- They tried to scam the insurance company with one of their SO Called Experts...when the expert was questioned...he ran and wants nothing to do with the case...smells like a rat or a scam to me.

5- Your right...I would be willing to wait as long as it takes to get what I am entitled too. But I am not willing to wait for a scam artist to try to get what we are not entitled too just to make more money for him.

As we are all entitled to post our stories in the hopes this doesn't happen to someone else. I am sure there are some who have had a positive experience with Metro, but there are MANY who have not.

So I must say, "I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MYSELF"...As a matter of fact I wish I could do more to make sure people don't use Metro. Lucky for you if things worked out for you, but that's not the case with me. And I am not just complaining because someone didn't return my call...my situation goes way beyond a return phone call.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. But if you are a true customer why would you be searching Complaint boards for a company you are so happy with? Unless you are Metro????

PS- As far as BBB rating...BBB is a joke. If you want a high rating, regardless of how many complaints you get, you just have to pay them a yearly fee to become "BBB accredited". That is how the BBB makes money. And then idiot consumers go on the site, see you have a terrible rating and assume the C, D, or even an F means the company sucks. When in fact it just means the company doesn't want to pay some company a fee for an imaginary grade.

BEWARE OF METRO!!!
 13th of May, 2010 by   superstar0333 +2 Votes
Metro Sucks!!! Promise and more Promises and they still SUCK!!! NO return calls, NO help, but they did however cash a check on damages I handled myself w/ State Farm!!!
 17th of May, 2010 by   nplenick -2 Votes
Too bad you people don't read the facts about Public Adjusters vs. Insurance Companies...It is true that Insurance companies only pay 25-40% of what the payment should actually be...The insurance Company is the one that makes you wait so long to get payment..not the Public Adjuster... the Public Adjuster is just like a lawyer for you(the policyholder) & is there to get the maximum amount on your claim! The Public Adjuster submits your claim only if it is going to be beneficial to you(the policyholder). Of course there is gonna be a fee...BUT only if your claim is approved & not until then!!! When you have a car accident & hire a lawyer...what happens...you go to court get your settlement, then pay your lawyer 33% or more ... same as a Public Adjuster does in representing a policy holder...Public Adjusters are on the homeowners side & don't work for the insurance companies...they work for the homeowners to maximize the settlement! The insurance company is the one who takes their good old time to payout...they drag it out as long as they can...try to file a claim yourself & you will see how long it takes, or if you even get anything! Metro isn't a bad company or a joke...They do what they are suppose to do & before anyone signs a contract with them they are aware of the whole process...
 24th of May, 2010 by   TakeNoCrap +2 Votes
Never use Metro. waste of your time and YOUR money!

Avoid Identity Theft While Traveling