logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
The Brick
No communication for payment protection plan
2. (14 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (37 mins ago)
Advanced Air Solutions / Filter Queen
Devious Deceptive Sales Tactics
4. (54 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
I was given a tracking number which I couldn't seem to track
5. (55 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-02-15 by    Arnold Frye

Metlife Dental Claim Denial

Metlife
Ohio
I was shocked to learn that MetLife dental denied a claim to provide coverage for the dentures my wife ordered from her dentist, who is a member of MetLife's Preferred Dentist Program. I enrolled in OPERS MetLife Dental High Option Plan, which is supposed to provide the most coverage to my spouse and I (I'm a State of Ohio retiree) and 50 percent of Preferred Dentist Program fee for dentures. When I was informed by the Dentist office that MetLife would not pay for the dentures my wife ordered, I called up MetLife and talked to one of their customer service representatives, who told me that MetLife had a "missing tooth exclusion/prior loss clause", which she said means that MetLife can deny my wife's claim. I am filing a complaint since I was provided with information that MetLife provided 50 percent of Preferred Dentist Program Fee for dentures. I am also very unhappy with the way that MetLife's representative talked to me. She told me that I should have "educated myself" more about the plan. I am going through the process to appeal MetLife's denial of my wife's denture claim. I am very dissatisfied with the dental plan coverage from MetLifeative, and I wish I had not done business with MetLife.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2014 by   kyris 0 Votes
Instead of MetLife using Snoopy for advertising they should use this

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying