Medical Discounts Direct

Lied and kept my deposit

Medical Discounts Direct
3400 Irvine Ave. Ste 104-B
Newport Beach, California
Phone: 1-855-253-8898
I elected to undergo a cosmetic surgery. Gloria, whom I believe is the head of this organization, quoted me a procedure for $6, 000 with a knowledgeable staff. She said they needed a $1, 500 deposit, and that if the surgeons could not accommodate me I would receive it back. She said "You won't have to pay for something you're not getting". I was VERY clear that this surgery was cosmetic, and wrote it in BOLD at the top of the very first communication I had with her.

A week or so later she alerts me that the company she was talking about doesn't do cosmetic surgery for the procedure I need, but she had already set me up with one that costs $17, 000. This of course was completely unacceptable because not only did I already have another quote for the procedure for $12, 000 from a better surgeon (which Gloria knew from the beginning), but the doctors she was referring me to didn't even have the procedure listed on their website, and seemed completely incompetent when I talked to them about it.

I asked for the deposit back. She said no, about $800 of my deposit was used by surgeons looking at 6 pictures and a short list of my medical history.

Wait a second... so was it the first set of surgeons who saw the big bold "COSMETIC" on the top of my information who burned through the money, or was it the second team that I never authorized in the first place?

If anybody is interested, I have e-mails and proof to back up my claims.

My advise is to steer clear of this company altogether. I wish I had never encountered them.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful?
More Medical Discounts Direct Complaints & Reviews
Medical Discounts Direct - I can't contact Gloria Sceberras

19th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm interested in viewing your e-mail or anything that proves you had problem with Gloria Sceberras of Medical Discounts Direct. I also had problem with her & that company. I can't even call her anymore at same phone # to request my refund of $3, 000.00 I sent to her 3 years ago to have cosmetic surgery in Chennai, India! I already reported this to this site & BBB & preparing to report it to FBI.
 19th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Does any 1 know Gloria Sceberras' contact data?
 19th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Does any 1 know Gloria Sceberras contact data?

Contact Us