Meaningful Beauty

Posted:

Unauthorized billing

Meaningful Beauty
meaningfulbeauty.com
I ordered Meaningful Beauty from a TV ad that said I could get their product valued at over $100 for $29.95 plus shipping and handling. When I ordered the product I asked the lady specifically how much I'd be charged for the shipping. She said the shipping would be 9.95 and the product would be $29.95.

When I received the shipment there was an invoice attached for $109.95 plus $9.95 for the shipping. I called customer service and told her there was a difference in the price that I was quoted and the price that I was being charged. She told me it was the total instead of being charged installments of $29.95. I informed her that I'd be returning the product and to cancel any future shipments. She had the gall to ask me what the reason was that I choose to cancel.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree! Meaningful Beauty has been charging my bank account without my permission, for product I have never received. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB.
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered Meaningful Beauty and was told it was 29.95 plus shipping and handling. I too received the 109.95 charges instead. The customer service department was just as unhelpful. I went to their website and it advertises the 29.95 for the 1st shipment. I'm going to file a complaint too.
 16th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
i ordered Meaningful Beauty and it made my skin very dry and it started flaking.. i used to it for 10 days or so and my skin started burning because of the dryness caused by the product. it was very very painful and it took me a while to recover.
i discontinued using it and started using $5 product and it works a lot better.
i cancelled the next shipment and they still sent me next set which was around $80 or $90 dollars. it was charged to my credit card and i had to call them so many times to make sure my account was cancelled and i won't be charged again for products i didn't even order. they had many excuses for not canceling my order right away.. it usually takes a week or two to receive returned product and for the warehouse to notify them that it was returned takes another week and for them to return the money back to your credit card account takes 2 weeks.. blah blah.
i think it's just bs. if there's anyone out there who is considering ordering it DONT DO IT!!! it's just a troubled skin and uncontrollable charging to your credit card waiting to happen!!!
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Their products may work, I don't know, I never had the chance to try...but the way that Meaningful Beauty runs their business is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. They charged my credit card, I never recieved product... and when I cancelled, they were unwilling to refund my card because they didn't have the order in the system. It was unbelievable. There are other ways to have beautiful skin. You don't need to deal with a company that behaves like this. It sounds to me like its all a big scam and they just make it difficult for people to get and or return the product. Got to a spa or a salon. Beautiful skin is not cheap... if it is that cheap.. it's probably too good to be true.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Products are good, but not worth the hassle. I cancelled my shipment after billing problems and they kept sending me notices in the mail that my bill was late. I called and they said disregard the statement. Then they accidentally refunded me thirty dollars and sent me a final notice bill for it dated two days later than the refund. They said that they refunded me the payment for the shipment I sent back, not for the one I still owed on. whats the difference? The way their company runs business is confusing and inconvenient for customers. Too bad.
 12th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
First of all, most of you woman who have had issues had said issues because of your own stupidity and ignorance. O.k., the big question I have on my mind, is why doesn't anyone else realize the truth about infomercials? I mean, I'm only 21. T.V. and infomercials/commercials have been around since before I was born. At the age of 10, I realized that the Happy Meal cheesburgers that appear so ample and tantalizing on television, are more often than not lacking in size and flavor in reality. That's what advertising is!! I mean do you same morons go to Mc Donalds, order a Big Mac, and then bitch that it doesn't look like it does on the signs they have around the store? Another thing: the fine print. No matter WHAT you watch and order, there's always going to be fine print. I mean, jesus, most of you women who order the product are 30 and older. Are you all just that stupid? A lot of you call in and say, "Oh I didn't know it was an auto-ship program, you unjustly charged my card and I demand a refund, wah-wah-wah." Seriously, you are all lacking in common knowledge. You know that envelope sent with every shipment? Well did you ever stop to think that maybe that wasn't a "fabulous accessory"? Did any of you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe it was sent for a reason. Hey, maybe this envelope contains vital information, or information that may help me better understand the product that I just paid money for? No, screw it. Let's just throw it away and call the people working for the company so we can scream at them and act like we're important... Meaningful Beauty is NOT a scam. The place is still in buisness, and has no threat of beaing shut down. You know why? As previously stated, it's not scam, and you all are just damned stupid. A lot of you are probably border-line retarted.
 18th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I totally agree, it's more about customer service complaints and being over charged rather than about the product it's self and not being able to communicate properly.

I totally agree with you on the borderline, I am thinking these are housewives with nothing else better to do or maybe not and/or possibly a person who doesn't know how to communicate on either end.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree !!! I called in, got this young Filipino girl who just wanted my information & was "beating around the bush" to answer my questions about the product. I asked her what the total charge was before giving her my credit card information and she clearly stated only 29.95 plus s&h. Once i gave her my visa number she started going on that I was signing up for a charge of 109.95 every 90 days! I immediately became skeptical because I asked her specifically what the total charge would be, BEFORE I gave my visa number. Her accent also made it a little hard to understand her, so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. "Nico" came on the phone and I asked him what assurance he could give me, because I felt this was a misrepresentation of product. He told me to check out their website online, so I googled their name & this complaints board popped up. Yet, another red flag going off. I told him right away what I saw and I told him to cancel the charge immediately!! I also called my credit card company right away and told them to put a block on the card.
Thank god for websites like this, this stopped me from making a big mistake! I feel sorry to all that have been ripped off by this dupe.

When it looks to good to be true, 99% of the time- IT IS!!
BUYER BEWARE!!!
 10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
AWFUL! I have read so many terrible reviews about this company, so I decided to not only call and cancel my order and the recurring charges, but I also canceled my credit card and got a new number. Well...low and behold last week, I received a new kit from them and I was laughing as I thought, I just got this for free, they can't charge my old card. Well after further review of the invoice, they had illegally obtained my new credit card number!!! Totally scary! I called right away and explained how they were stealing from me and they illegally obtained my cc #, etc... The woman was less than competent, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. She got on the phone immediately after I was put on hold and told me she would refund my money right away. I again asked how they got my new cc#, her explanation was...the bank called and gave them my info! NO BANK would ever do that. So I once again had to cancel my card and get a new one. If this happens again, I will press charges!!!
 20th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
WOW! You really are stupid who ever posted this, and you really are 21 huh? Hate to think what you'll be like at 30. For now you have nothing to worry about (except for being only 21, from Iowa and a complete bitch!) You have no right to tell people they are stupid or form your opinions on infomercial reviews, customers post their experiences so that others can make educated choices. You call people stupid all the way from Iowa and probably while still spending mommy and daddy's money. How pathetic to make such comments and one day you WILL be 30 or a "housewife" or whatever other bullshit you wrote. The only difference is that you'll be old, borderline retarded and in IOWA!!! Good luck with that...
 9th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Did I really read this... honey, you are not 21, although your spelling would seem to justify that you are. Product is fine, however, when they continue to send unauthorized shipments, charge your account with unauthorized charges even after you have cancelled, and then take 6-8 weeks to correct their mistakes, is when EVERYONE gets mad. Just think of all the interest they are making off our money! The $56.00 or so they continue to charge your account really adds up, and if that seems like a small amount to you, you are either rich OR still getting handouts from mommy and daddy. Most likely the latter. Hmmmm, maybe Guthy-Renker is paying you to write for them... just a thought.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with the horrible customer service. I ordered the product for 29.99, they in turn charged me over $100. When I called to question it, they told me because I added the toner which I was told would be $1 extra it automatically upgraded my shipment to a 90 day shipment instead of the 30 day shipment which I wanted. Once again, the rep did not tell me adding the toner would upgrade my shipment. When I complained, they basically were not trying to help me. Then I called back to speak to a different person, who told me I had to send the shipment back and I would be credited the amount once they received the shipment. Well I was glad I purchased the shipment delivery confirmation at the post office, because when I called meaningful beauty back they tried to tell me they did not receive the shipment. When I told them I had a delivery confirmation that they did in fact receive the product the rep gave me some BS story about not being able to find it in theri system. I gave them the confirmation number, and told them I will give them a week to straighten it out. I called back, and I was told they did receive the product-duh I knew that already-but that it takes 2 weeks for it to be processed in their warehouse, then my account would be credited. To make a long story short, After a slew of phone calls to them, and 2 months-yes two months, they finally sent me a check-which was not what they said they were gonna do. They were supposed to credit my credit card. Anyway, I cashed the check immediately, cuz I wasn't sure if the thing was good or not! I have to say for the time I used the product, I did like it-it made my skin soft and glowing, but it was not worth the hassle. I can go to the drug store to buy a product that will make my skin soft and glowing. And to add to a comment made by another person on this blog about consumers should know infomercials are scams-or whatever she said- I've never bought anything I've seen on an infomercial before but I took a chance since the product was being backed by Cindy Crawford that it may be a decent product. My neighbor uses Principle secret by Victoria Principle and she loves it-but it's geared to women a little older than me and is quite pricey-so I figured I'd try this product instead hoping to get great results. Anyway, I say Buy at Your Own Risk-dealing with their customer service center and their deceptive ways totally turned me off. I will be goin to the clinique counter-or even Happy Harry's from now on!
 26th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am thankful for all the responsible, caring women who shared their experiences with purchasing this product. Education is empowering, and in this economy, the more informed we are, the better. That said, I'd like to address the sad little girl who calls herself " grim blue " ( at least you know your state of non-grace ). Why are you so angry and hateful, grim blue? Is it because you have yet to learn how to spell? Or is it because someone over 30 hurt you somewhere in your 21 yrs. on this planet? Was it your dad? Or your mom? It is hopeful that you will mature someday and find your present self ridiculous twenty years from now. I wish you the best and I hope that the lessons you create for yourself to finally learn from one day...will come with less pain than the self-hate you walk around with now. Peace and blessings to your long journey.

bright-joy
 14th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with these comments.Thats why I came here to comment.Their customer service did the same thing to me telling me one price of $29.99 and I was shocked when I saw the invoice reading of my credit card being charged for more than $130 Canadian dollars.I called the company and they told me that was 3 easy payments of $29.99 plus tax and shipping and handling.Its not about the poor service.If so many complaints are saying the same thing means the company is doing a fraud on purpose.And to add up I have to say that the products are not worth the shock they give to all of us.And I agree that even a $20 products would do better...Paran
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchased this product and it was very clear in the writing that the product would be replenishing on autoshipment. If you didn't want this to happen you should have read the contract you entered by purchasing the product. You had 30 days to cancel any future shipments. If you were smart enough to read the agreement, you'd know that. It's not a SCAM, there are just a lot of idiots who purchase it and don't understand what they're doing.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
LESSON: Never use the phone to order infomercial products. A phone representative is NOT going to read any disclaimers to you. Go ONLINE and purchase that way, and READ what you're getting into. If any of you had done that you would have known how to have this product the way it was advertised. I paid only $30 for my starter kit, and then 100/mo for the auto shipment, which I canceled because it's just too much product and I don't use the same products all the time.

Meaningful beauty is no better than products you can buy at Rite Aid. Though, I love the cleanser and the eye cream. The rest of the products are oily and not good for men. They smell girly, and leave skin looking "shimmery" which sucks for men. It's so hard to find good products for men that leave a matte finish.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I find it interesting that she spelled the word retarded wrong.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
A counter point that comes to mind in rebuttal to the original (21 year old) poster. Just because a company is still in business doesn't mean they aren't scamming people or being dishonest. Look at companies like AIG or the banking industry. Most of them have been scamming people for YEARS and are still around.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by    +2 Votes
You are stupid. Learn to spell before you post any comments. Save us all from your immaturity, ignorance and lack of brain cells.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes