Marko Rubel: Profitgrabber Pro

Posted:

Con artists

4.3
Marko Rubel: Profitgrabber Pro
We recently attended a GREAT workshop on Apartment Investing by Dave Lindaugh. Part way through the workshop he put a "friend" of his Marko Rubel on stage and let him pitch his computer software/marketing program to us. He was a pretty fast-talker and the program sounded great. HE EMPHASIZED the No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee.

Once we got home it took my partner a while to get the program uploaded, and to learn how to use it. Once we did we also the Data Subsription Service @ $50 that the program would support. That was the first thing we noticed was not as cool as Rubel had professed it to be-- and after a bit of hassle, we got UNsigned up for that and got most of our money back. I continued to learn how to work with the program-- convinced that as a contact manager/mailing program it must have a lot of value-- cos after all, it had cost almost $2000.

I finally felt as though I understood how to use the program. That said-- I also realized it was a PIECE OF CRAP. I highly DO NOT recommend it. You can get MUCH less expensive-- and equally or more effective contact managers/mailing programs for MUCH LESS.

Once I explored the program I found there were a LOT of limitations to it. Like, the the Data Subscription service, what the program professes to accomplish/do can be done in other, FAR less costly, far more convenient ways.

The program itself is very NOT user-friendly. It is awkward to use and not intuitive at all-- and even with a partner who is very computer literate-- the program simply was WAY INFERIOR to what Rubel represented it to be.

One piece of the proram that is different than what most contact managers/mailing programs might have is the scanner gun which is meant to be used in the case of returns-- to scan a bar code on the mailing label and delete the outdated address from the list. This seemed like a cool device, and worth some expense, but honestly, I discovered that most mailing lists come in Excel format and that program allows you to alphabetize names, so it is easy to delete returned mail. THE SCAN GUN FEATURE is NOT WORTH the $2k we paid for this awkward, clumsy, ineffective program.

Additionally, I found the support service less than helpful. hey are more like a back up SALES department-- VERY PUSHY and not willing to be accountible.

AND Rubel stressed at the workshop-- that if you are not completely happy he would willingly return all your money NO QUESTIONS ASKED, but in actuality, once you get the program home and read all the fine print-- the Money Back Guarantee is VERY conditional. You have to send it back unopened within 30 days (it took us that long to get it set up and tried out just cos, like normal folks, we were busy after our Lindaugh seminar trip)-- OR, if you keep it longer than that, you have to spend more money to travel to a different city in order to take his class in order to get yoru money back. Even though the class is free if you buy the program-- having to take the trip and spend MORE money to attend the class in order to active the Money Back Guarantee is A PRETTY SMOOTH CON. If you already don't like the program, why would you spend MORE MONEY to go someplace and take his seminar???

I think sometimes it is hard to tell between someone with a good product to sell and a lot of enthusiasm-- and someone with a mediocre, overpriced product with a lot enthusiasm to sell it. In this case, I'd say Marko is the latter. AND looking back, I think Rubel felt like the snake-oil salesman at the time-- but I trusted that Dave Lindaugh would not put a shyster on stage in front of us-- and my partner thought the program sounded great-- which it did-- but it did not live up to its HYPE. I was very disappointed with the whole experience and should have followed my intuition-- my "con alert."

Additionally, when I emailed the company complaining about the "tricky" return policy (which, again, was NOT STRESSED up front-- we realized it when we read through the paperwork later) and our dissatisfaction with the product, we got NO RESPONSE. Nor has the BBB gotten any response to our formal complaint. My personal opinion is that if you really have a quality product and someone is as dissatisfied as we are, you make it right, even if it means returning the money/taking the product back. If he is SO SUCCESSFUL-- he can afford it.

I have already let all my classmates know my experience with this product-- so none of them got burned by Rubel-- but I think everyone should have fair warning about this con artist. AND I think Dave Lindaugh should re-consider having Rubel sell his product at Lindaugh's seminars, unless Dave wants to be associated with a CON ARTIST/SCAM!
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

16th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hi,
I will like to comment on Rubel and his real estate software. I will make it short, simple and fast. I am one of Rubels'
student, and I have been using his system and his teachings and I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that Rubel's system DOES WORK, and He is THE REAL DEAL !!! In the past 3 months I have made OVER $40, 000!!! using his easy and outstanding system. ( I guess I know how to follow directions pretty good, and decided to take ACTION).

I would suggest that before saying anything bad or giving your STUPID advice to your friends or classmates about Rubel or his system you should REALLY focus on taking ACTION into learning the system that DOES WORK!!! Oh, and for those "classmates" of yours, I hope they don't follow your advice, because they WILL BE MISSING ON A GREAT SYSTEM, that Rubel created.

Have a Happy Life:)
 4th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Elda,
You couldn't be farther from the truth. It is very rare that someone does get a sale out of his system. In fact he preaches how you can become a millionaire within 3-5 years, yet he has NOT ONE student to prove that. In all his marketing including text and video, he shows the same handful of students that are nowhere close to financial security. As long as he has been selling his system... don't you think he would have a lot better success stores of students than what he always shows.
His system is mediocre, the software is poorly designed and the customer service is for shit!!!
I wish somebody told me to save my money like I am telling you all. Its up to you.
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
It seems a lot of hype goes into promoting "free" product I ordered the free DVD for $6.95 and watched Marko BS without any info promised in the promo. Wasted my money. Don't need hard sale. Sorry-I recommend to NOT order anything. no refund was possible.
Joe Ammar.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
My husband just attended an event in Dallas, TX this weekend. Not only is he falling for all of Marko's charm and B'S he "enrolled in another piece of the puzzle & if accepted it will cost over $14, 000. If you have to see if you are accepted why did they need his credit card information. Of course, he will be accepted. Anyone who has the money will be.
I went in and was introduced to Marko because I called him out on his required disclaimer that had to be signed to be able to attend. I challenged him on the "non compete" clause. It states in non legal words that you basically can't use anything you learn from him in any business that you own directly or indirectly for 1 yr. I had an attorney look at it to make sure that I was understanding it correctly before coming. I was 100% correct so I wouldn't sign therefore, wasn't allowed to attend. He tried telling me that wasn't what it was stating so I said why is it in your paperwork. He told me that I was wrong, why would he tell anyone that, told my husband hey happy wife happy life & I'm not forcing him to do anything. And that he should Un - apply. I said why you already took his credit card information & plan on taking his money. As Marko was hurrying to get away from me said no I'm not. People I have been a real estate agent for 9yrs. You can definitely find the information he is spouting about through the county records & through any licensed real estate agent that can help with the MLS stuff. I can assure you that it won't cost anywhere near $14, 000. As for my husband he believes everything that Marko says so this will more than likely end my 31years of marriage. Thanks Mr. Rubel.
 17th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
So what program is the best out there?
 26th of Jan, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I attended a seminar in Dallas this last December with a friend, and I too noticed that Marko talks very fast, jumps around from subject to subject, and does not cover a great percentage of the handout ‘book’ given to attendees. The book is just a collection of the slides with lines below for taking notes. There is no index, table of contents, or any way for you to go back after the seminar and find a particular topic. He purposely makes it very difficult to capture any of the info being presented so that you can use it later – constantly bringing you back to him for the answers, for a fee of course! One of the presenters actually put up slides that would roll-in each line of text as he talked about it, then it would fade away before the next line rolled-in. it was obvious that he designed it purposefully to make it impossible to take notes on what he was talking about. After A few minutes I got mad and didn’t even bother to follow along anymore. On only the 2nd day of the 4 day seminar Marko broke into a 2-hour sales pitch for his “inner circle” membership – for only an additional $19, 000, but only if you acted that day, and only if you ‘got accepted’. Really, on the 2nd day? From that point on I felt the audience was divided into the lowly regular people, and the Elite that would get better service and actual answers to their questions. From that point I was skeptical about everything he had to say. He glosses thru many topics quickly, acting like a cheerleader at times, but leaving out many of the details that end up being real issues that you need to follow up on your own (or pay to be in the Elite group to get better answers). His model relies on your jumping in right now blindly following what he tells you to do. Now that is not to say that his methods don’t work – I can see that they do for some people in the right places at the right times; but to rely on it for a full time endeavor I’m not so sure.
 3rd of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
On Sept. 19, 2015 Morgan Holiday, one of Marko Rubel's thieves cajole me into buying a real estate software. she promised to tutor me one on one and all the big promises of doing a deal in less than thirty day. It cost $1, 797.00. It was charged to my AMEX. She also said she and Marko where staging a boot camp in Chicago the weekend of October 2, 2015. Upon her return she was going to call me. She had gone of with my money and care less. On Oct. 20th I called to inquire about her return and the software, She was too busy to talk with me . That very day, they was an attempt to with draw $197. from my account for what they called Mentor Me Mark. when infact I had not signed up. i spoke with John. Couple of days the software was received. I had then decided that doing business with such people was not worth the headache. immediately I asked to return the package . No one would give me an address. I however send it Nov. 2, 2015. It was refused and return to me. I have called, spoke to several other workers. I have been giving the run around. I am been referred to several departments . I call Morgan many times, she has not return a single call. The matter is still under investigation awaiting the mailing address.
 29th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I've had Profit Graber Pro since 2009. It's a little older than some software systems. In fact, I believe it was one of the very first automated systems that supports real estate investors. Initially it requires on line training to use. After that it’s a push button process and easy to use. I think most of the comments are UNFAIR. I also have programs and software from 6 other investor Gurus. All of them are good. Their software is designed to support their business the way they do it. The key is you have to immerse yourself in the guru's system and work hard at it for at least 6 months until you do a few deals. No real estate business works without getting leads, contacting them, following up and making offers. Every guru will tell you that. The formula for success is something like this: 200 contacts, 20 responses equals 1 deal after you’ve learned what to say and how to close. You could even call Real Estate Brokers scam artists and say you want your money back for the licensing, MLS subscription etc because you went to the office sat down and nothing happened. Profit Graber Pro is an automated system which makes the work of real estate investing more efficient. It costs money to maintain software systems so, yes, it is expensive. Here's why. Since I got Profit Graber Pro, seven years ago, I have had five different computers, moved several times and have needed Marco's support staff to help me re-install Profit Graber on my computer from scratch each time. The support staff responded immediately and was extremely helpful each and every time. Marco, not me or the other users, had to pay his support staff to be there, day after day, year after year. I have never had to pay for system upgrades which are provided automatically through the system itself. But, Marco had to pay someone to make those upgrades too. You do have to pay for a subscription to comps if you chose to use them. In my opinion they are the very best because they are specific to each individual property. If you think the monthly fee for Profit Graber comps is expensive, try an MLS subscription. I have worked with both Morgan and John. They are very responsive and helpful and call back each time. If you get Marco's program and work diligently at it, Profit Graber will help you make money. That said, it doesn't matter whose program you buy, you will have to work diligently at it to be successful. This is true even with Dave Lindahl's program, which I also own. It costs money, time, effort and risk to start any business including real estate investing.
Lill Gravatt
 11th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I subscribed to Marko's program originally for $897. I was mildly impressed so was talked into buying the Profit Graber for $2497. I immediately thought better of the idea so called back the same day to cancel. Instead of the course being cancelled, the charge was applied to my credit card. I called 2-3 times per week over he next four weeks for a refund. Not only would they not refund but they would not return my phone calls. I finally called my cred card company and cancelled the charge. They went ahead and sent out the program which I have still unopened. So much for honesty.
Jerry Seely
 30th of Oct, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I have been an "Inner Circle" Student with Marko Rubel, I paid for it 22, 000 for a year, I can tell you one thing I studied the whole thing and was extremely into it, my conclusion is: the success rate is way bellow you'd imagine, from the 800-1200 students that attend his seminars there are maybe 2-3 percent that have had any successes, and even those pulled off a deal or 2, maybe 3.
He says that its easy and inexpensive, well he doesn't mention that you have to mail to about 5000 addresses or more to reach a deal, wich would cost about $8000 dollars(figure 3-4 mailings to each address),
I thank God that i ran out of money and couldn't continue, so I left and went into different real estate ventures and have seen much more success there.
 30th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
800-1200 I mean annually, as each seminar has about 3-400 attendees and there's 4 events each year
 6th of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hello Dovey01, what other real estate ventures are you in now? I've been looking over Marko's system as well and considering it, but if you've found other systems that work well, I'd love to hear about them. Thanks.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree