logo

Direct TV
Destroyed my Credit Rating
4. (41 mins ago)
Direct Buy
Would not recommend it to anyone, even large consumers
5. (57 mins ago)

Marko Rubel: Profitgrabber Pro

Posted:    uc2356691

Con artists

Marko Rubel: Profitgrabber Pro
We recently attended a GREAT workshop on Apartment Investing by Dave Lindaugh. Part way through the workshop he put a "friend" of his Marko Rubel on stage and let him pitch his computer software/marketing program to us. He was a pretty fast-talker and the program sounded great. HE EMPHASIZED the No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee.

Once we got home it took my partner a while to get the program uploaded, and to learn how to use it. Once we did we also the Data Subsription Service @ $50 that the program would support. That was the first thing we noticed was not as cool as Rubel had professed it to be-- and after a bit of hassle, we got UNsigned up for that and got most of our money back. I continued to learn how to work with the program-- convinced that as a contact manager/mailing program it must have a lot of value-- cos after all, it had cost almost $2000.

I finally felt as though I understood how to use the program. That said-- I also realized it was a PIECE OF CRAP. I highly DO NOT recommend it. You can get MUCH less expensive-- and equally or more effective contact managers/mailing programs for MUCH LESS.

Once I explored the program I found there were a LOT of limitations to it. Like, the the Data Subscription service, what the program professes to accomplish/do can be done in other, FAR less costly, far more convenient ways.

The program itself is very NOT user-friendly. It is awkward to use and not intuitive at all-- and even with a partner who is very computer literate-- the program simply was WAY INFERIOR to what Rubel represented it to be.

One piece of the proram that is different than what most contact managers/mailing programs might have is the scanner gun which is meant to be used in the case of returns-- to scan a bar code on the mailing label and delete the outdated address from the list. This seemed like a cool device, and worth some expense, but honestly, I discovered that most mailing lists come in Excel format and that program allows you to alphabetize names, so it is easy to delete returned mail. THE SCAN GUN FEATURE is NOT WORTH the $2k we paid for this awkward, clumsy, ineffective program.

Additionally, I found the support service less than helpful. hey are more like a back up SALES department-- VERY PUSHY and not willing to be accountible.

AND Rubel stressed at the workshop-- that if you are not completely happy he would willingly return all your money NO QUESTIONS ASKED, but in actuality, once you get the program home and read all the fine print-- the Money Back Guarantee is VERY conditional. You have to send it back unopened within 30 days (it took us that long to get it set up and tried out just cos, like normal folks, we were busy after our Lindaugh seminar trip)-- OR, if you keep it longer than that, you have to spend more money to travel to a different city in order to take his class in order to get yoru money back. Even though the class is free if you buy the program-- having to take the trip and spend MORE money to attend the class in order to active the Money Back Guarantee is A PRETTY SMOOTH CON. If you already don't like the program, why would you spend MORE MONEY to go someplace and take his seminar???

I think sometimes it is hard to tell between someone with a good product to sell and a lot of enthusiasm-- and someone with a mediocre, overpriced product with a lot enthusiasm to sell it. In this case, I'd say Marko is the latter. AND looking back, I think Rubel felt like the snake-oil salesman at the time-- but I trusted that Dave Lindaugh would not put a shyster on stage in front of us-- and my partner thought the program sounded great-- which it did-- but it did not live up to its HYPE. I was very disappointed with the whole experience and should have followed my intuition-- my "con alert."

Additionally, when I emailed the company complaining about the "tricky" return policy (which, again, was NOT STRESSED up front-- we realized it when we read through the paperwork later) and our dissatisfaction with the product, we got NO RESPONSE. Nor has the BBB gotten any response to our formal complaint. My personal opinion is that if you really have a quality product and someone is as dissatisfied as we are, you make it right, even if it means returning the money/taking the product back. If he is SO SUCCESSFUL-- he can afford it.

I have already let all my classmates know my experience with this product-- so none of them got burned by Rubel-- but I think everyone should have fair warning about this con artist. AND I think Dave Lindaugh should re-consider having Rubel sell his product at Lindaugh's seminars, unless Dave wants to be associated with a CON ARTIST/SCAM!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Feb, 2011 by   Elda Esquivel 0 Votes
Hi,
I will like to comment on Rubel and his real estate software. I will make it short, simple and fast. I am one of Rubels'
student, and I have been using his system and his teachings and I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that Rubel's system DOES WORK, and He is THE REAL DEAL !!! In the past 3 months I have made OVER $40, 000!!! using his easy and outstanding system. ( I guess I know how to follow directions pretty good, and decided to take ACTION).

I would suggest that before saying anything bad or giving your STUPID advice to your friends or classmates about Rubel or his system you should REALLY focus on taking ACTION into learning the system that DOES WORK!!! Oh, and for those "classmates" of yours, I hope they don't follow your advice, because they WILL BE MISSING ON A GREAT SYSTEM, that Rubel created.

Have a Happy Life:)
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   Joah 0 Votes
Elda,
You couldn't be farther from the truth. It is very rare that someone does get a sale out of his system. In fact he preaches how you can become a millionaire within 3-5 years, yet he has NOT ONE student to prove that. In all his marketing including text and video, he shows the same handful of students that are nowhere close to financial security. As long as he has been selling his system... don't you think he would have a lot better success stores of students than what he always shows.
His system is mediocre, the software is poorly designed and the customer service is for shit!!!
I wish somebody told me to save my money like I am telling you all. Its up to you.
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   Bushbush 0 Votes
It seems a lot of hype goes into promoting "free" product I ordered the free DVD for $6.95 and watched Marko BS without any info promised in the promo. Wasted my money. Don't need hard sale. Sorry-I recommend to NOT order anything. no refund was possible.
Joe Ammar.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   Tammy Pinter 2013 0 Votes
My husband just attended an event in Dallas, TX this weekend. Not only is he falling for all of Marko's charm and B'S he "enrolled in another piece of the puzzle & if accepted it will cost over $14, 000. If you have to see if you are accepted why did they need his credit card information. Of course, he will be accepted. Anyone who has the money will be.
I went in and was introduced to Marko because I called him out on his required disclaimer that had to be signed to be able to attend. I challenged him on the "non compete" clause. It states in non legal words that you basically can't use anything you learn from him in any business that you own directly or indirectly for 1 yr. I had an attorney look at it to make sure that I was understanding it correctly before coming. I was 100% correct so I wouldn't sign therefore, wasn't allowed to attend. He tried telling me that wasn't what it was stating so I said why is it in your paperwork. He told me that I was wrong, why would he tell anyone that, told my husband hey happy wife happy life & I'm not forcing him to do anything. And that he should Un - apply. I said why you already took his credit card information & plan on taking his money. As Marko was hurrying to get away from me said no I'm not. People I have been a real estate agent for 9yrs. You can definitely find the information he is spouting about through the county records & through any licensed real estate agent that can help with the MLS stuff. I can assure you that it won't cost anywhere near $14, 000. As for my husband he believes everything that Marko says so this will more than likely end my 31years of marriage. Thanks Mr. Rubel.
 17th of Apr, 2014 by   kitkat5578 0 Votes
So what program is the best out there?

Credit Report Ripoff?