logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (1 hr 41 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (1 hr 41 mins ago)

magsdirect.com Complaints & Reviews - scam - double charged and overcharged

magsdirect.com Contacts & Informations

magsdirect.com

Posted:    coreyfucrusher

scam - double charged and overcharged

magsdirect.com
Ordered 2 magazines from magsdirect.com. Order was supposed to be 4o.90. Was charged 60.00 twice. for a total of 120.00. Found other complaints about this site as well. Please avoid this site at all cost.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Mar, 2011 by   jen1919 0 Votes
This company is a joke! I placed an order for a magazine subscription in November 2010. It is now March 2011 and I never received any issues! I had to search through many loopholes to contact there customer service department which was all automated. I started to feel like I was being scammed. I finally got the number from my bank statement and was able to reach someone. I placed more than 4 Customer Service Action requests and NEVER RECEIVED MY MAGAZINE! I finally decided to cancel my request and they only offered to give me half of what I paid back. This company is a hoax.
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   Liz123456 +1 Votes
Do NOT order anything from this company. Apart from the overcharging and non-delivery noted by others, magsdirect.com is the SAME COMPANY as Synapse Group Inc (read all about them here: /link removed/

Synapse Group Inc will put unauthorized charges on your credit or debit card (since magsdirect.com aka them, have that info). This will be for totally bogus subscriptions or renewals. I got scammed by them, and when I called both companies, they had the exact same automated bullcrap you have to go through to get a live person. When I finally got hold of a rep, I asked him directly if they were the same company and he said yes!

I've filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the FTC. Best to stay away with magsdirect.com in the first place!
 1st of Oct, 2011 by   Cindyhello 0 Votes
I WAS TOLD TO PRESS ZERO AND WAIT... DIDN'T TRY IT SINCE I ALREADY GOT THROUGH... BUT SHAME ON THEM!
HERE ARE SOME PHONE #’S NOW LISTEN UP! HUGE SCAM. SO LISTEN UP!! I’m disabled but took the time to write this down for you. If you bought from Magazine Direct, the MAIN COMPANY IS…. SYNAPSE!!! “Google for Synapse Group” so you see the company departments and you will see the “Magazine Area” the Privacy tab on the magazine side has different than the companies “Privacy”!!! This is important as they might sell your personal info and more people will be bugging you!!! So to get there go to another tab on your Browser, here is their privacy info: http://www.timeinc.net/subs/privacy/synapse/synapsegroup.html
In the privacy info, they offer two places to opt out of them giving (selling?) your name to other companies: http://321mags.com/synapse/optout
While they are taking your orders for magazines of others things, please notice – they do not want to give you THEIR telephone #, OR YOUR order #, or CONFIRMATION #, THEY MIGHT CALL IT A CUSTOMER ID# and sometimes they promise you THEY’LL MAIL IT TO YOU!!! NOT!!! HERE ARE SOME PHONE #’s TO TRY Magazine Direct 800-607-9869, 888-716-9808 and 866-254-3715 AND, No one can tell me why they are tacking on INTERNATIONAL PURCHASE FEES!!! I decided not to tell you my horrible story, but maybe if someone is a go-getter, they can go after SYNAPSE and make them come clean. If you read ALL of their privacy statement, they take no responsibility for ANYTHING! Now if you read this and if I am wrong, I also do not take responsibility if anything I have said is in error. I researched it because I was frustrated with the inability to get in touch with anyone. Thanks for listening. 

Tips