logo

No network since last 8 days

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Macys Department Stores, Paradise Valley, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment

Macys Contacts & Informations

Macys Department Stores

Posted:    Ms.Halo

forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment

Macys Department Stores
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Phone: 623 203 6950
We have disturbing testimony that Macys wrongfully, perhaps, criminally committed in order to” force us to quit ” . "IF THEY WANTED TO FIRE ME, WHY DIDN’T THEY JUST DO IT asap? Instead, THEY TOLD ME TO RESIGN, HARRASSED ME TO QUIT, FALSIFIED MISCONDUCT RECORDS TWICE, MISREPRESENTED/ DEFRAUDED MY SCHEDULE, SHORTENED MY DRAWER BY $10 (ENOUGH TO BE WRITTEN UP) ON MY LAST DAY, LIED, AND THREATENED ME WITH A HOSTILE, UNSUITABLE, THEREFORE UNSAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT . I MADE MY COMPLAINT THE FOLLOWING WEEK WITH THE REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, THEN ATTEMPTED TO SPEAK DIRECTLY WITH THEM HOWEVER THEY against their own policy handbook, WILFULLY & WRONGFULLY AVOIDED ME, THEN REMOVED ME FROM SCHEDULE, WRONGLY DISCHARGED ME THAT SAME WEEK, AND NOW WRONGLY DISQUALIFIED ME FROM ANY UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. pLEASE NOTE THIS ALL OCCURRED WITHIN A 1 ½ WEEK SPAN. ...Where do we draw the line between taking class action lawsuit and not; maybe JAILTIME can make a difference for the Greedy CEOS, maybe not. However, Please pass this on to Loved ones & always carry a handy taperecorder.
Comments United States Bullying and Harassment at Work
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2011 by   VetoForBRs 0 Votes
I have no idea what happens if you use up all of your attendance points. I assume they would fire you. Prior to this points system, you could have 8 call off's in the fiscal year. If you went over those 8 call off's, you were just terminated..which is why I think you would get fired in the same way as before. I'd guess that you would still qualify for unemployment..but those are pretty merky waters because there are so many contingencies with employment when it comes to Macy's. I've only seen one person terminated for attendance, and she had a "medical condition" so she fought it and won.

I don't know of any way to check how many points you have left, on your own. I've searched In-site everywhere and still haven't found any place that just has a list of dates. They (your managers) should have a record of every time you call off. I know you can ask your manager and they can check for you.. but any time I ask these type of questions, they immediately get defensive and it seems like they don't want to give me that information. The time-intensive, on-your-own way to check would be to go on In-site and just look at every week you were scheduled and compare it to your hours-worked schedule. If there's a day that you didn't work.. but you were scheduled.. you lost a point (or 2 on weekends) that day. I think this new point system went in to effect the beginning of May 2011 and any call offs before that were just canceled out.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   brei4486 0 Votes
i have tried everything to find out my points and cant! in our store in pgh, they tell us that even though the macys points guideline paper says you can clock out up to 9 mins early, its wrong and its only 4 mins which is bull. and to the person who said they told you to use pto when ur sick, our store did the same thing before we had the points system. i think it comes from corporate and the management and hr is programmed to tell you that whether they agree or not.

also, does anyone know when part time people start getting paid time off. i started in dec as seasonal, went to oncall in feb, and a part time position in march. please help. noone in my store has a clue.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   VetoForBRs 0 Votes
Haha it better be 9 minutes early or I'm going to be losing a lot of points.. I get the fuck out of there exactly 9 minutes early every time my shift's done. Part time people will start accruing PTO 90 days after they've been hired but you have to average 20 hours a week to start getting it. I think it's like 6 hours PTO every 20 hours worked... somewhere around there. If you have been averaging 20 hours for a "season" or 13 weeks, then you should be getting PTO. Log in to In-Site and go like you're going to request time off. Go through all of the motions until you get to the point where you choose PTO and it should tell you how much you have to use. Otherwise...you'll have to call the dreaded 800 number and talk to a recording for 20 minutes before you actually get a live person. They HAVE to tell you your PTO balance. If you end up calling, ask about how many attendance points you have too just to see if they can even check it.
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   macyssucksandneedstostop 0 Votes
The way Macy's is treating their employees is nothing less than awful. Is this at all legal? Why hasn't this made the news? I am related to a Macy's employee who was terrified of calling in sick when she had major stomach flu lest she lose a point. That is just plain awful and should not be allowed in the United States of America!
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   scootb 0 Votes
watch this former Macys employees!!!
class action is in order

29th of Jul, 2011 by   VetoForBRs 0 Votes
They definitely instill fear in their employees to make them comply (think Germany 1934). I understand what you're saying. The last time I called in, the manager that I have to constantly remind that we're selling make up, not doing brain surgery, called me back and left me a message, yelling, "HOW AM I GOING TO FIND COVERAGE FOR COSMETICS NOW THAT YOU'RE TOO SICK TO COME IN TONIGHT?" Needless to say, I don't respond to stupid blonde girls screaming on my voicemail, and didn't call her back. I never heard about it again either. Just ignore the managers and stare at them blankly and they eventually walk away from you.

I believe it. I'm going to check our doors on the fitting rooms at our store tonight, just to see. You also wouldn't BELIEVE how high quality the cameras are. One of the cameras posted on the roof outside can see into these hotel rooms across the highway 300 yards away. I also *think* (I've been told this by long time employees that hate the store as much as I do, so I'm not 100%) Macy's can have cameras inside the fitting rooms, as long as they're monitored by a loss prevention person of the same sex as department. I don't know HOW/if it could possibly be true.. but if it is.. there has to be something illegal about that. And people thought the TSA was intrusive...
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   burned-out 0 Votes
HOW TO CHECK YOUR POINTS:

Click on My Schedule Plus
Click on Time/Attendance
Click on Time Review
Click on Launch Timekeeping
You will see two tabs: the current one which is My Timecard (reviews all your clock ins/outs)
Click on the other tab that says My Attendance and you will find the ending balance to your attendance credits.

I hope you can find it!!!
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   RetailSlave 0 Votes
I hate Macys. I've been working my guts out for nearly 2 years there. They recently fired me and another coworker because of this stupid point system noone has a darn clue about. I can see many of you dont know where to locate it either on the insite, and that's exactly my point! How dare they even fire us about something we don't even know about? Macys has gone too far!!!
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   SKWM 0 Votes
I was a seasonal employee at Macy's and at the end of the season they gave me a letter thanking me for all of my work during the holiday season and that they would no longer need me after January 11th. I didn't keep the letter thinking that it was the end of my employment and I didn't need to. I was also receiving UI benefits during my employment from being laid off of a previous job, and continued to claim them after my job ended with Macy's.
Macy's called me 2 1/2 months later and asked where I have been and I told them that I received a letter stating that I was no longer needed. They acted as if they had no idea what I was talking about and they would have to look into it. Now Macy's is claiming that I resigned during that phone conversation and that they have no record of a letter. The unemployment insurance is now telling me Macy's wrote that I quit my job, and that I need to submit proof that I was seasonal. Basically it's my word against theirs and I have to try and find someone who knows something about the letter I received. I can't believe that no one in HR knows anything. Has anyone one out there worked seasonal for Macy's and received a letter stating that the season was over and they were no longer needed after a certain date? Now I need to try and find other people who worked this past season to see if they still have their letters. I can't believe this is happening! Any advice?
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   JWhy 0 Votes
Hey,
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, but from my personal experience with MACY'S Corporate Human Resources I believe your every word. There is a real heinous taint to the way they "do business". You really get the impression that they make themselves so isolated because it makes it much easier to screw employees. I can't believe that they can get away with such colossal conceit. Corporate evil like that needs to be stopped. Not that it will help, but I'm writing politicians and I hope you will do the same.
Best of luck
JWhy
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   newgirl 0 Votes
Macy's fool:
Hey, I just started working at macy's almost a month ago. I work in shoes, My first day working commission was two days ago. Goal 545 (sold 522). Yesterdays goal was 767.(sold 560) Both working just 4 hours. Will the goal keep increasing?
What happens if you have a low sales volume?
How can I get outta the hole if they keep increasing my goal?

What are ways I could possibly be fired? (not opening credit, not meeting 100% goal or low Items per transaction [1-2 shoes] )

I'm already dealing with other employees stealing my sales btw; would have made my goal if they hadn't.

One employee took the sale that I put on hold for a lady because SHE didn't actually buy them, the friend she was with did[who I also helped!!]. They were still the shoes I FOUND and waited on her for. He came up to me and told me what he did like it was a favor to me to explain why HE took the sale!!! He's worked there 5 years and is full time. I didn't realize how pissed I should be until later... I tried to just brush it off at first. I've put 5 items on hold for customers, doubt I'll get credit for any of them unless I work 24/7 and work with them again.
 10th of Aug, 2012 by   Nikki11119 0 Votes
OMG... you guys have the same story as me... anybody taken any actions??
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   jackiehdz 0 Votes
I'm an on call for Macy's and had been told by the manager who hired me that the first 6 months I shouldn't be worried about my sales score card because I was also picking up recovery shifts (which were the only available). I'm a full time college student, trying to work part time for some money on the side, but macy's makes it seem as if that business should be my FOCUS. I understand anything you do should be done right and work is also important, but macy's gives you impossbile sales goals to reach. Once I had $3480 of sales and there was nooo one to sale to I only reached 37% so how is that my fault? Also with opening credit cards, how am I suppose to open macys cards when about 80% of the people already have some! Plus the rest 20% doesn't want to burry their noses in debt. Now I wouldn't mind ringing up, go backs, helping customers...but I do mind being pressured to pressure people to buy stuff they don't want to. I mind it when I'm being forced for literally "f*** over" other's people's life with debt. That's not why I applied there. I applied there to work with honesty. My new manager talked to me recently telling me she "loved me and I did a wonderful job" but then said I haven't worked much nor was I making my sales goal or opening credits. Yet, the only available shifts this past month have been from 10-7 or 930-6 when I have school. She said I need to "work" more to higher my points up but how am I going to do that? Does she expect me to give up my college career for a shitty job like macys just to keep my "on call" position. Its BS and she told me either I take those morning shifts to get my points up or "look for other options" in other words get another job or quit -_- Macys is no good at all! All they want is for YOU to make their $$
 25th of Oct, 2012 by   Thought I was doing macy magic 0 Votes
I need some help. I have worked for macys for l yr. During this I was asked to do all the interviewing...hiring..magic classes for the holidays...now I have been put on suspension because there have been times that when I have clocked out for lunch...i mzy answer a question from either another associate or even a customer. They are saying that I am working off the clock...they want me go figure out all the days that I have done that...they are saying that I broke policy.. do I have a chance or should I look for another job.
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   bunnyXablaze 0 Votes
I was dealing with a co worker who wasn't doing her job. Just sitting behind the cash register all day, not checking fitting rooms, not putting clothes away, and always leaving the department to go talk to other people. I complained 4 times in 7 months, and was almost fired because the store manager said I complained too much and I was never satisfied and I would NEVER have a full time job EVER because it wasn't right of me to throw my co worker under the bus. I contacted corporate and threatened a lawsuit. One for wrongful termination (if I was fired) and one against my store manager for retaliation. I had proof to back up my claims. I would take pictures of the department before I clocked in, and after I clocked out (with a time stamp). They couldn't argue with those. They had the name of my lawyer so they knew I was serious. HR came to talk to me. Wasn't fired, but they did, pretty much, still take the store managers side. However, they are finally making people actually do their jobs, so I guess I succeeded at something. Still keeping my attorney handy because I know my fight is long from over. I've been at Macy's for 6 years, and it has gone downhill more and more every year.

Also... I don't THINK they could terminate you for answering questions off the clock. Answering questions is second nature after working in retail for so long. I do it on my days off. Even if you did break policy, an "offense" like that would only warrant a write up, at most.
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   Ms.HaIo 0 Votes
It has been two years since I wrote this letter perhaps there. I can't believe people are still replying. To be honest this whole thing was made up because I was told to resign because I often was short on the till. I now have a new job. Get a life people. This letter is two years old.
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   sabrina_ahmed79 0 Votes
i was fired from macys last week. LP called me in his room and told me that i did lots of price adjustment which was out of date.when any customer came for price adjustment we always returned and did price adjustment for the customers. no one ever followd 14 days price adjustment policy.i used to buy a lot from macys.my price adjustment did other associates. i never had a shred of guilt when i was doing price adjustment.cause that was a regular practice. anyway lp called me and took lots of sign on the paper. and obviously i wanted to save my job so i wrote down that i made a mistake please give me one more chance. they didn't. they fired me. my question is can i re-apply ? will they hire me gain? how long they will have my documents? i started getting $ 14. thats why i want to go back. any advice?
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   anon451 0 Votes
Nice try OP, looks like HR got hold of your complaintsboard account. Man, I believe every word here, based on my own experience with this rotten company. Clerical errors kept me from getting paid for my first MONTH of work, and continue to keep me from using insite to pick up or release shifts. Or view my paystubs, which has become a problem because I only got paid for TWO HOURS of last week's work. Two hours. And I get almost minimum wage. Moreover, I walked in the first day and no one had record of my employment at all. Nasty rumours circulate like wildfire constantly, which I learned the first day when a nice manager offered to put me on her schedule for the day (since no one else had and I was told to be there) but on my lunch break four people told me what a horrible bitch that manager is and how she's this and that and... I refuse to repeat it, she's been nothing but helpful and respectful to me.
That word is the thing Macy's demonstrably lacks. Respect. There is NO respect here. I'm getting out as soon as I can, may I advise all other plaintiffs to do the same?
 19th of Jan, 2013 by   macys 0 Votes
Macys is a greedy company! I have been working for them for 2 years and they are so fake and always wanting to do the best you can in your will! They basically exploit you because you have to dress professionally like if you were being paid $20 and hour, you have to super nice to the customers, I mean literally kissing their ass!! If a customer is rude and wants to speak to a manager, we are not allowed to call a manager because that is part of our job and we have to deal with it! Its like, then why do we have managers if we can deal with everything on our own? Get out of here Macys!! We have to work one day sales because its a key date now, our shifts are locked, therefore we cannot give that day to anybody, what if we had a wedding to attend or something much more important? we have to call out and get points taken away! If you reach 0 points you are in deep doo doo and get fired!!! No matter how long you've been working for them!! I can honestly say that Macys may look like a nicely and friendly environment, but once you actually work there and experience all the events I guarantee that you will not like it!!! Come on people, its a minimum wage job!!!
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   neo1233 0 Votes
This is typical of my experience with macys. They hire lackluster idiots who will listen to anything the moron's say. if you are an independent thinker with a grasp of what's going on, they will harass you out of the store (if they can)..."maybe we can get some sales now." I've been threatened while working third floor, "you should leave it can get very ugly..."from a lackluster employee who never made her goal in 8 years being moved to another department and never making her goals another 7. Macys is a culture of the dreggs of humanity put to work who are threatened by intelligent, skillful work in place of their unintelligent amateurish feigned professionalism. Wasn't quite sure if this was typical of houston, texas employers as this has been my experience with most low level jobs where minorities are employed, but macys appears to be the same.

Top 5 Scams to Avoid in 2012