logo

Cordell & Cordell
screwed by their scam
3. (38 mins ago)
IIC Online Storage Solution
not working, no answer, no refund
4. (40 mins ago)

M2 Media Group, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - M2 Media Group

M2 Media Group Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Maryland Mom

Maryland
Like others have already written, we received random subscriptions to magazines we neither ordered nor wanted, and when I called the magazines to find out how this happened, was referred to M2 Media Group in order to cancel. Prior to this I have never heard of M2 Media group, nor have I done business with any of the partner sites they list. The subscriptions seem completely random -- Brides magazine was sent to my 14 year old daughter, and Sports Illustrated for Kids was sent to my college-age son. I have emailed the company asking that they cancel the subscriptions, but I am disturbed that there doesn't seem a way to interact with a live human being, nor did we request these magazines in any way, shape or form.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2012 by   Bunny Gal 0 Votes
I too am a white woman receiving Essence magazine (a magazine for black persons). No matter what I try, I can't get Essence to stop sending me this magazine. Well, they don't have my credit card info and I've never gotten a bill (better not, or I'll sic my attorney husband on them!), so I just chuck the magazine into the recycling bin every time it comes. Sure it's annoying, but it's them who are wasting their time and money sending me a magazine I never ordered! I tried to change my address to M2 Media as some have suggested but it says I don't have a subscription, so I can do that. Oh well! What a crazy world. Maybe I'll use it to line my daughter's hamster cage next time... seems fitting!
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   WholesalePromo 0 Votes
Sorry to hear of your situation with Vista Print, next time you need marketing assistance please email me.

Sally Nelson
Peerless Promotions
www.peerlesspromotions.net
sallynelson@peerlesspromotions.net
 13th of Aug, 2012 by   LMT-IS-MAD 0 Votes
If VistaPrint did this to me, I will never order from them again. I always uncheck for any offers on all websites I join. I am getting Cigar Aficionado each month, and I'd guess that it happened after I placed an order with VistaPrint last year. I called Cigar Aficionado to cancel, and they refused. Sending me to M2 Media Group to be exploited again! Rude!
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   JeffPublic -1 Votes
Same story here - They started mailing me Essence magazine to my work address. I'm a 40 year old white guy. My employer hates it when people get there personal mail sent to work so they actually told me I had to suspend the subscription. I told them I had no idea how I started to get the magazine anyways but they didn't really care. I then called Essence magazine and they told me about M2 Media but gave me no satisfaction. I was really mad because I felt as if they used my identity without my consent to promote magazine sales. I demanded someone in management call me. The next day a representative at Time Publications finally called me back but she couldn't understand why I was so upset, it was a free subscription after all, she said. I said let me put this in perspective for you; Would you mind if I bought you a 12 month subscription of Blacks on Blonds and had it mailed to your office? She said that's not the same, it's indecent. I said exactly, and that's why an advertising group should not be allowed to randomly subscribe private citizens to random publications because you DO NOT know who finds what indecent.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   mobob +1 Votes
what this is a scum by a nasty dirty salesman that has no honor
the bottom line is you either pay are get a bad credit report.
they don't care just after your money.
you would think that the attorney general would investigate this and shut then down .
better yet put then in jail for extortion.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   SharingisCaring 0 Votes
I also received 2 unsolicited "free" magazine subscriptions that I traced to an order with VistaPrint. I was also told by the publishers of the magazines that the only way to cancel them was to contact M2 MediaGroup's toll-free number. I don't like talking to machines, so I did some digging and found 2 LOCAL numbers for M2's company offices in CT. Here they are: Main #: (203) 658-0808 and their "customer service" number (203) 658-0847. On the first number, it asked for an extension, so I just entered "112", "113, " "114", etc. until a live person picked up a line. I suggest that anyone who has been subjected to this operation CALL M2's LOCAL COMPANY OFFICE NUMBERS and insist on speaking to a manager or supervisor to get your subscription cancelled. This circumvents their automated toll-free system (which may or may not get your subscription cancelled) and will eat up a lot of their staff time. They wasted YOUR TIME in making you track them down to cancel something YOU NEVER ORDERED. Now you can waste their time in return.
 11th of Sep, 2012 by   annoyed with stupid +1 Votes
I received a copy of Entertainment Weekly and I could not figure out why, when, where or how it happened. Called the mag co & they could not cancel it, only suspend it and referred me to M 2 Media group. They did nothing, but said "they will look into it". I found lots of reviews that led me to correlate my last order with Vistaprint and the "free subscription" from M 2 Media Group. I have no other business dealings with the other partner sites. Anyhow, I called Vistaprint to cancel my magazine subscription, they did help me. I expressed my concern and informed them of the many annoyed and upset people about this practice. I hope it will change and/or stop this stupid practice. I would drop the M 2 Media group relationship like a bad habit for what they do to the customers. I hope I do not have to drop Vistaprint but I will consider it if they continue to do do this type of practice with each order. I don't have the time to deal with it. Nor did I have the time to waste with fixing this screw up they offer as a "great value added extra". Free cards, brochures, etc. or free shipping & handling would have been better.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   Golfnutobx 0 Votes
I've received 3 issues of Essence magazine recently. As a 57 year old white male, it is not a publication I would choose to subscribe to. Had the same experience as other folks when I contacted the publisher (not an easy task to find a phone number for them), and was told to contact m2media.com. Got an autoresponder to my email--didn't bother calling based on the experiences noted by others. Contacted VistaPrint by chat and received an apology from them, along with an offer to cancel the subscription, which I immediately accepted. Now, we'll see if they actually stop. Regardless, it is a shameful and disturbing business practice to do this to your customers, and it can only backfire on them.
 28th of Sep, 2012 by   Norrina 0 Votes
I received an unsolicited copy of Money magazine in the mail a couple weeks ago, and a "special offer" for a reduced cost "renewal" from them the other day. My fiancé used to work for a bank and is into all things money, but while I like to consider myself an independent liberated woman, finances are not my forte, so since he enjoys the subject so much, I let him be in charge of that domain. Point being, there is just no way I would have ever ordered a copy of this magazine for myself, and the subscription showed up in my name. After reading the other comments, I'm pretty sure that my mysterious subscription to Money magazine came from Vistaprint too. I do recall there being a "free magazine" offer screen when I placed my last Vistaprint order, but I could have sworn I opted out. As others have noted, an attempt to cancel the magazine subscription directly through the distributor is impossible. I'm not even going to bother calling M2 Media Group, I'll contact Vistaprint tomorrow, and think long and hard about whether I want to continue business with them. (Which is a shame for them if I decide I don't, because I'm in the process of starting a business and expect to need a lot of business cards, and probably a fair amount of promotional items over the years too.)
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   TMCampana 0 Votes
Having the same experience, started receiving Parenting Magazine and my children are 38 and 34. Then I started receiving Entertainment Weekly. I also do business with Vista Print so I will contact them first to voice my displeasure with this practice and see if they can cancel the subscriptions. It they can't they will lose me as a customer. There are other businesses out there that offer the same service that they do. I do appreciate others posting the local numbers for M2 Media. I'll use them if necessary.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   Unwilling Participant 0 Votes
Same thing. Again Some lawyer needs to take this upas a class action lawsuit.
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   KBThompson 0 Votes
First, I really appreciate the suggestions some of you have provided. I was able to get a live human at M2 Media Group, and she was very helpful. I learned that my unwanted subscription to Prevention was a "bonus" from a Pro Flowers order I placed earlier in the year. I usually pride myself in being a pretty shrewd fine print reader, but I must have missed the little box you need to uncheck in order to prevent receiving this bonus. While I find it extremely annoying that companies must resort to burying promotional gimmicks in the fine print and making consumers jump through hoops to get any kind of resolution, this experience has just reminded me that I can't get too comfortable or hasty in placing online orders -- a few extra minutes to read and perhaps re-read through everything is certainly worth not going through this again. :)
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   GSerena 0 Votes
I started getting Martha Stewart Living and three other magazines that I never ordered. Like others, I called Martha Stewart and was referred to M2Media. Thank you to the savvy poster who posted their local "customer service" number (203) 658-0847. Call them. I got them cancelled and found out that the subscriptions were from Fragrance.net who I order from. They'll be getting a phone call from me next.
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   Denise 0 Votes
I don't use VistaPrint and have not requested any new subscriptions. Have just received a copy of Seventeen Magazine (don't think I, at 50, or my 10 year old son will use. LOL!). I decided to check out the problem and make sure I am not being charged. As far as I can tell I am not being charged (fingers crossed), but I did call Seventeen and they referred me to M2Media Group (203)542-0101 or M2Media Group.com/feedback to email. I was going to email but was asked for more info about myself by Customer Service so I emailed the Media email address and someone has replied. Am waiting to see what they will do. Other than the above info you can also file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency. I did because it really bothers me that some corporation can just use my info to do anything they please and then make it next to impossible to cancel. Good luck to everyone! Maybe if we all make enough noise this won't be allowed to happen anymore...because it sure feels like an invasion of privacy to me...and it was definitely a waste of a perfectly good afternoon!
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   Denise 0 Votes
Followup to my last post...
I received this message from M2Media today from customer service... email

Hello -

In response to your note below, you are receiving Seventeen magazine as a result of making an online purchase with Shoebuy.com. The magazine was included as a bonus offer with your purchase. By default, the subscription was sent to the billing address used during your purchase.

There are no hidden costs, further obligations, or automatic renewals associated with your subscription. Your credit card information was not passed to us.

Your cancellation request will be forwarded to the publisher for processing. Please note that based on the timing of your cancellation you could still receive another issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
M2 Mags Customer Support

If you feel that further assistance by email is required, please be sure to include your original correspondence including your complete name and address.
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   ddstarship 0 Votes
I want to thank everyone for the input on the subject of receiving magazines they never order. I too suddenly starting receiving a magazine titile Allure. I was concerned how they got my name and address and who was paying for the subscription. As most everyone else who have posted, the magazine company was uncooperative and said they could only suspend the magazine order but could not cancel -- which is rediculous. The said I had to go through M2 Media Group. Now that I have read all the posting here I now realize that is is probably a result of me over looking a "small" check box option when I place an order with Fragrance.net . I try to pay attention to and make sure I "de-select" everything, all offers etc. that is not what I am ordering -- but apparently I missed one. I am outrage at how low these companies will stoop. I believe eventually they will get a class-action lawsuit filed against them for this practice. I will follow the one of the other poster's suggestion and file a complaint with Consumer Protection Agency. I hope everyone else also does the same.
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   Citigal 0 Votes
I also am now getting magazines galor and I did not order any of them. Trying to get through to Blue Dolpin or Mag.com or m2media group is useless. I am contacting our CPSC for help, this is ridiculous. I never order any magazines...the phone numbers listed are not to a live person. I am doing the same thing the other person did...let m2 media group get them back...I also contacted NBC and our local state for help.
M2 MEDIA GROUP
1127 HIGH RIDGE ROAD
#335
STAMFORD State: CT
866-441-1281
EMAIL = SERVICE@M2MAGS.COM

send your magazines back to them...see how they like it and or send it on to TV stations etc...or your local state.
try this call M2 Media Group at this number for best service
This phone number was voted the best way to contact M2 Media Group out of all phone numbers

Phone Number
866-967-6247
Talk to a Human
Direct to human
Expert tools Call free via web Don't waste your minutes. Call free.
Ranking#1 The #1 phone number and #1 way to reach customer service according to M2 Media Group customers here at GetHuman. Compare all options

Average Wait: 4 mins — 24 hours, 7 days
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   Citigal 0 Votes
PS don't bother blocking your number they see it anyway...

citigal