logo

Scam

Lumosity
New York
Lumosity.com
I signed up for Lumosity just to see how much it costs etc... I got an email 3 days later showing how much I've improved after my first lesson, showing my BPI was in the 92nd percentile, with bars graphs for Speed, Memory, Attention, Flexibility, and Problem Solving. I never went through ANY lesson. This information is all made up and purely fictional.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2012 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
Sorry for the confusion RayWickman! That email wasn't meant to represent your BPI improvement. Since you hadn't trained yet that would be impossible. It was a sample BPI chart meant to instruct you on how to read your History pages after you began training. Based on your feedback though, we're going to make some changes to this email so it's more clear. Thanks for your feedback, and for helping us to communicate with our members. Please let us know if you have any questions.
 22nd of Dec, 2012 by   NaNaRosie 0 Votes
I've just joined Lumosity today and found it fun and fascinating. i would like the membership maybe as a b-day present or something like that. However, if Lumosity is a scam, I won't. Would someone mind confirming this for me?
Thanks!
Rosie
 31st of Dec, 2012 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
Sorry for any trouble Lumosity Hater. You should not be charged on an account as long as you cancelled auto-renewal before your next billing date. It's possible you may have deleted an account other than the one associated with your subscription. Contact us via the help desk so we can give you more information on what may have happened. Here's a direct link: http://help.lumosity.com/home

NaNa Rosie: if you're interested learning more about current and concluded research on Lumosity, please visit our Research page here: http://www.lumosity.com/the-science/research-on-lumosity, or read our white paper "The Science Behind Lumosity" here: http://www.lumosity.com/documents/the_science_behind_lumosity.pdf.

You can also see our A rating on Better Business Bureau's website here: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/health-and-fitness/lumositycom-in-san-francisco-ca-206169
 31st of Dec, 2012 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
Sorry for any trouble, Lumosity Hater. As long as you cancelled auto-renewal on your subscription before your next billing date you should not have been charged again. It's possible you may have deleted an account other than the one associated with your active subscription. If you contact us via the help desk, we should be able to give you more information about your account.

NaNaRosie, if you're interested in learning more about current and concluded research on Lumosity, please visit our Research page here: http://www.lumosity.com/the-science/research-on-lumosity, or read our white paper "The Science Behind Lumosity" here: http://www.lumosity.com/documents/the_science_behind_lumosity.pdf.

You can also view our A rating on the Better Business Bureaus' website here: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/health-and-fitness/lumositycom-in-san-francisco-ca-206169

Please feel free to ask us any questions, we're here to help.
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   koneleslie 0 Votes
I signed up for a family plan I could not get anyone on the plan. I put in a complaint, It's been 8 days and no one has contacted me. Iwill not renew.
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
We're so sorry for the trouble koneleslie! There's an intermittent bug which is preventing certain accounts from being added to certain family plans. It sounds like you are one of the people affected! We know there have been delays in responding to inquiries, but there has been an unexpectedly high volume of emails and our support team is working overtime to answer them. They should get back to you very shortly with a fix! We really appreciate your patience and will do everything we can to make it up to all the customers effected by this bug!
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Marita48 0 Votes
I upgraded to the family plan. My daughter couldn't open her account and a friend said she must pay if she wants to play certain games. I haven't received feed-back from the other two members yet, but all four names disappeared from my account
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Marita48 0 Votes
I upgraded recently to your family plan and all four names disappeared from my account. My daughter can't open her account and is waiting for feed-back you for almost a week. My friend says she must pay if she wants to play certain games. I haven't had feedback from the other two members yet
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
Sorry for the delay in answering Marita48! Unfortunately there's an intermittent bug which is preventing certain accounts from being added to certain family plans. It sounds like you are one of the people affected. Our engineers are hard at work fixing the problem and our customer service agents are working over time to get back to everyone who has been affected! We know we aren't able to get back to everyone as quickly as we usually can and we appreciate your patience while we get you and your family access to your family plan.
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   cantstandthehype 0 Votes
I have an account that I have been paying for months through monthly debits. Suddenly today my account said my trial period was over and I needed to pay. I have paid up until the mid of Feb. Now I can't practice and I don't think I want to renew.
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
Sorry for the trouble cantstandthehype! It sounds like you may have two different Lumosity accounts - one that is subscribed on a monthly plan, and one free account on a trial that has ended. It's possible that you are inadvertently logging into your free account when you're intending to log into your paid account. Contact us via the help desk so we can get you logged into your paid account, cancel billing if you'd still like to do that, and even delete your free account to cut down on confusion. Here's a direct link: help.lumosity.com/home
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   Ki-Kao 0 Votes
Having the same thing with the family plan. No answer from the support as well.
We decided to go for the family plan this year, and now my husband's daily training has become quite impossible. Very much disappointed. Having been an active member for a year, I was beginning to think Lumosity never has such problems.
Well, I hope the bug with the family plan will be solved. And I wouldn't mind my Family plan account to be prolonged for the term nobody could actually use it.
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
So sorry for the trouble Ki-Kao! There's an intermittent bug which is preventing certain accounts from being added to certain family plans. It sounds like you are one of the people affected. Our engineers are working to fix the bug now, and at the same time our customer service team is working over time to get back to everyone. Unfortunately we're experiencing an unprecedentedly high volume of request and we know we aren't able to get back to everyone as quickly as we usually can :( We really appreciate your patience while an agent gets back to you, and gets your family activated on your plan.
 6th of Feb, 2013 by   Latest scam victim 0 Votes
So on 9th January there was a bug for the family plan which you were working on very hard to resolve, but on 27 th January you still get complaints for the same problem, and have found no solution, and the 6 th Feb you are still accepting subscriptions to said plan knowing it doesn't work as I have found to my dismay, and still no solution, what is amounts to is a scam, you get the money off people for a service that does not exist, very bad practice, company to be avoided
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   Hallie_Lumosity 0 Votes
I'm sorry that you feel we've mislead you! To clarify, our Family Plan has been fully functional for the majority of customers since its inception a few years ago. At the end of December, we rolled out some changes to the way we determine the access level of a Lumosity account. During that time, certain Family Plans became unusable for very small percentage of customers. There was never a time that the majority of our Family Plans were broken, which is why we continued to offer the Family Plan. During this time, our support team prioritized Family Plan issues and worked with customers individually to restore their access.

Are you still having trouble accessing your Family Plan? If so please contact us via the help desk so we can resolve your problem. If you've already contacted us and aren't happy with the resolution of your issue can you message us here on Complaints Board with your username so we can look into what may have happened? Thanks.
 8th of Feb, 2013 by   BehindTheCow 0 Votes
The fact that this "auto-renewal" feature doesn't seem to be something that can be opted out of right from the beginning but rather, is activated automatically, seems questionable in and of itself., Furthermore, having worked in the customer service department of a large corporation myself, statements such as "an intermittent bug which is preventing" do sound a tad like the fodder we were told to feed dissatisfied customers to help clear our cue of inquiries faster as necessary, rather than spend the time tracking down the actual issue for the customer. Realistically, I'm having trouble imagining what sort of bug or error would affect a database of accounts in this fashion, targeting only a select few.
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   Mickeyklsb 0 Votes
Why doesn't Lumosity post their prices up front? This feels like a scam to me. I would never sign up for a service without knowing the details first. It provides them with my info to sell or just use to harass me. I am sure I'm not the only person that feels this way.

I was considering signing up for the Lumosity Friends and Family Plan, but I would NEVER sign up for something if I didn't know how much it cost up front. I'm probably going with Mind Spark, at least they tell you the price up front. I will look around first and see whats out their first.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   narcissists beware 0 Votes
It is scam-science meant to cater to your ego. You can train yourself to be good at their tasks, but it wont get you into mensa.. sorry.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   BethRogers 0 Votes
My mother recently purchased what she 'thought' was a Family and Friends plan with Luminosity, but it turned out it was just an Individual plan. She's trying to find out how to upgrade to a family plan, but the only option(s) she can see is for upgrading to a higher level individual plan. She tried contacting customer support but they didn't give any helpful answers. She's already paid for the individual plan, so buying a whole new family plan would be a waste of money. Why isn't there an option to upgrade from an individual plan to a family plan? If there is an option, where is it on the web site? And can she apply her 30% discount promotion to the upgrade since the family plan is what she wanted in the first place?
 21st of Jul, 2013 by   alex123786 0 Votes
LUMOSITY knows that, their claim regarding brain function improvement is not true and all the research is BS and fixed.
That is the reason why they have a person responding to every complaint they get or every bad review they receive.
Gives me a feeling that they are trying to hide the true facts and mislead consumers with excuses and misleading facts.

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide