logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
North Shore Animal League America
Be very aware of the animals you get from North Shore
2. (38 mins ago)
www.boxhop.com
They provided useless tracking number
3. (41 mins ago)
Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
4. (1 hr 23 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
5. (1 hr 23 mins ago)

Lifestyle Lift Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Bits

Facelift

lifestylelift.com
I went in for a consult 3 yrs ago. I met w/ a consultant who determined I was a good candidate for this one hour innovative new procedure, so easy, you can go back to work the next day. It was deemed a lunchtime procedure. The consultant I found out months later was not in the medical field & had no expertise to say I was a candidate. She showed me w/ her fingertips where the incisons would be, in the ear, a small incision. I didn't book that day, but went back a week later after being reassured the Dr was a Plastic Surgeon. I met w/ the DR. He also did the finger pull in front of the ear& told me it would take 7-10 yrs off your face & kast 10 yrs or more. It was a high sales pitch by the consultant, offering a nice discount if you book then w/ immediate financing at 0% for one year. No side effects, no anesthesia, no nerve damage, easy procedure, go back to work the next day. IMPOSSIBLE!!!
eI had to eat tha next 3 days thru a straw. For over 6 months (approx) I couldn't hold a phone to my ear.
They had given me a lower facelift w/o my permission. I had been cut all the way around my ears& to top that off, my left ear was stretched down& my earlobe was sewn to my face. My ear is misplaced, The top sticks out, bottom is attached to my face& my earphones no longer fit. They don't keep surgical records so you have no clue what they do to you. The Dr offered a revision, but when I asked what that entailed, he said 'I will sew your right ear to your face. OMG!!!
There are currently 50 girls I met on a website called Realself. Our stories are all basically the same. Some are worst off than me with huge ropey ugly scars, mis-shapen ears& eyes. Their infomercials on TV cleverly minimize the results you will get. This is not saying they don't have some good dr's there, but there are many there that give horrible results! Be warned to check out your DR if you go there or anywhere. Check for board certification, check for a dr in good standing. Ask all the right questions.And above all else please MAKE them show you where the incisions will be!
Altho I was told, get it in writing... What I got I never bargained for. Small incisions to basically dissecting my ears was not what I bargained for. The 10 to 20 shots in your face hurt like heck. I have been in chronic pain a long long time& they won't say what they did to me!! Most other plastic surgeons won't touch me because of this. Be aware, be careful& be smart.

Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jan, 2010 by   T B 0 Votes
The lifestyle lift doesn't last more than a year!! I paid $5000 for lift and neck, and it looks about the same now. It was painful afterwards for quite a few months and swelling behind the ears lasted months. I had to go to another doctor in Richmond for a cortizone shot behind one ear. I went to Dr. Dahiya in Reston. When I went back, he offered to
redo my neck...but the thought of all that pain again so soon...I don't know.
And it took more than a week for the swelling to go down on my face. I looked younger for a while, but now after a year, I wonder if that year was worth $5000!

Teresa
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   loriw2 0 Votes
I had the proceedure a year ago...now my face does not look much different then it did prior to the proceedure. Just after the proceedure I thought he should have taken a little more. Lunchtime...bogus lie. After you take a few relaxants (or whatever) the doctor comes in and he then proceeds to freeze your face...again and again and again. I sat there thinking ok..I can do this pain...but will it ever stop!!!The pills kicked in and I kept doozing through the proceedure listening to an assisstant...lift you chin, lift your chin, again and again and again...wont she just let me sleep so I dont have to feel or hear the liposuckion on my chin...what PAIN!...more demands to "lift your chin" and it felt like he was trying to pull all my skin from the right side of my face to the left side of my face...PLEASE hurry up!...AN HOUR...no...2 hours...half way...or however long into it...the assisstance says..lift your tongue...and puts another bloody pill under my tongue...oh my what next...now I have this terrible taste, my face is being pulled off and I am supposed to go back to work the following day...NOT LIKELY...I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS OFFICE IN NEW JERSEY OR ACTUALLY ANY LIFESTYLE LIFT...I came home and could not believe what was occurring to the left side of my neck and face as it was so badly bruised and guess what else...my mouth was not the same, he left more on the left side of my mouth...I found out I bruised so badly because the proceedure was completed to harshly or aggressively. (yes it was, I felt alot of the pulling and listened to the vacumn...yuck)
(I had to go in to have the stitches out) I voiced my concern for my face and it was minimized.

I BELIEVE any ones negative experinece...they advertise they have this relaxing room and show you a room with a tv for you to recoup in...THEY forgot to say, when your finished the proceedure you will be led into this room and it will be filled with patients, you will be the only one wrapped up in gauze, dopy as heck and have to sit...by yourself...embarassed covering your face, with your daughter sitting away from you. WHAT A NIGHT MARE...and NOW a year later...my frown lines are back, I finally have feeling back in the left side of my face by my ear, the scar on my left side is way under the ear and shows ...a large pulled scar...
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
I know how you feel.. Three and a half yrs later, I am still in terrible pain, yet my earlobes are numb and behind my ears burn, feels like someone is tearing my ears off. I was lured into their Revolutionary NEW, hottest procedure sweeping the states. Go to luch after, back to work the next day.I thought it was a regualra clinic in which a plastic surgeon did his work. I had no idea it was a meat market, meeting their quotas for the week. Many Dr's are only board ELIGIBLE, as mine was, an ENT Dr.
Their website claimed they were ALL board CERTIFIED w/ hospital affiliations. My Dr was fired & on medical probation/ monitored always. His idea of a revision after pulling dowm my ear& sewing it to my face was to do the same thing to the other side!!! That's a good doctor, huh?
Everything told to me was misleading, dection& lies. To this day it hurts to hold a phone to my ears & I had it done in 2006. My job entailed being on the phone 80% of my day. What a joke!
What type of sedative did you have?
BTW, I reported the dr to the state medical boards& they interviewd the DR& his lawyer& determined it should go up to the medical board.
Another LSL sister had something happen to her esophagus, developed a MRSA infection & was hospitilized many months. They were trying to get her stabilized enough to crack open her chest, like a By-Pass & repair it. She's been a very sick lady.
You can read her story at Realself.com..
Keep in touch & take care
PS- pretty much after my swelling went down, so did my jowls.
The biggest mistake of my life!!!
After numerous complaints & begging them to say what they did to me, the DR never called me ONCE! What kinda Dr does that?
When I went for my medical records, I was told it had to be checked by the Dr& sent to LEGAL before I could get them. I don't know about you, but when I go in for medical records, I've never been told, LEGAL has to check them 1st!
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   hattori 0 Votes
Lifestyle Lift, a cosmetic surgery company, has reached a settlement with the State of New York over its attempts to fake positive consumer reviews on the Web, the New York attorney general’s office said Tuesday.

The company had ordered employees to pretend they were satisfied customers and write glowing reviews of its face-lift procedure on Web sites, according to the attorney general’s statement. Lifestyle Lift also created its own sites of face-lift reviews to appear as independent sources.

One e-mail message, discovered by the attorney general’s office, told employees to “devote the day to doing more postings on the Web as a satisfied client.”

The company will pay $300, 000 in penalties and costs to the state. It has also agreed to stop publishing anonymous reviews on Web sites in the voices of satisfied customers and to identify any content created by employees, the statement said.

Andrew M. Cuomo, New York’s attorney general, said in a statement that Lifestyle Lift’s “attempt to generate business by duping consumers was cynical, manipulative and illegal.”

False reviews have become more of a problem as more people rely on sites like Yelp, Amazon or Epinions to rate and learn about products and services.

Some review sites have grown so powerful that consumer reviews can make or break a new business. Lifestyle Lift, which is based in Troy, Mich., and operates 32 centers nationwide, believed that negative reviews had significantly hurt its reputation, the attorney general’s office said.

Lifestyle Lift said in a statement that it “regrets that earlier third-party Web site content did not always properly reflect and acknowledge patient comments or indicate that the content was provided by Lifestyle Lift.”

The livelihood of review sites depends on readers trusting their content; weeding out biased reviews from the sea of anonymous, user-generated submissions has been challenging.

“It’s an incredible violation of consumer trust and it’s a pernicious element of the Web that some companies have embraced this idea, under the guise of reputation management, ” said Thomas Seery, founder of RealSelf.com, a site on which he said Lifestyle Lift had posted misleading reviews.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   D in Dallas 0 Votes
WoW! I just watched the infomercial in Dallas (I was too lazy to get up and find the channel changer ) and became interested because I certainly could use a good facelift at 55. Thankfully we have the internet now and after reading these comments I would never try this. They make it look so easy and fast on tv. I just wanted to let everyone know that this played 1/31/10 on ABC morning Dallas. I hope all the victims go after them. BTW what are they asking for this procedure?
D in Dallas
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   allanremote 0 Votes
WARNING! DON'T HAVE THIS SURGERY PERFORMED!

My surgery left me with scaring and loss of feeling in my face and both of my ears.
I am in excellent health and have always healed very well until this surgery. It took a year to heal and I have pain where the sutures were placed in my face muscles.

This surgery WILL cause disfigurement and loss of feeling in most people.

I went to another surgeon to get a correction, however, the surgeon told me that it is very difficult to correct this procedure due to the way it is performed and the damage it causes. He said he would try for about 9 thousand dollars. He also said that all plastic and reconstructive surgeons know that this surgery has a 100% rate.

I wish we could find an attorney who would take the case against Life Style Lift but I have not heard of anyone that will. I talked to several attorneys who told me that the patient must have a reputable surgeon to testify about the surgery but no doctor will stand up against the Life Style Company.

Before I had my surgery I did a Google search, but I could not find any negative feedback on the surgery. Now there are plenty.

DO NOT HAVE THIS SURGERY.

allanremote@yahoo.com
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   allanremote 0 Votes
By the way. Life Style Lift was started by a couple of Attorneys looking for the quick buck. All the doctors are contractors and most you will never see again after the procedure.

This is truly a fly by night organization.

We need a brave attorney willing to challenge Life Style Life because the AMA won't.

They do not even need malpractice insurance because no one can sue them without a doctor to stand up against them and that's never going to happen.

What a mess we were led into.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   COLLEEN J 0 Votes
Thank you all for your honesty and reliving your nitemare experince.
I was going to have a consultion for this type of face lift and iam very happy i came accross
this board of comments, I will pass along this info to anyone i know that is contenplating
such procedure .Wishing you all well, sincerly>C.J
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Jennifer54 0 Votes
Did you hear about the woman who died at Lifestyle Lift near Boston? A major malpractice attorney here has taken the case for her family.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
Yes, just today. I've even heard that LSL was shifting blame to the patient, saying she never disclosed a history of seizures. Since when did that stop them? They operated on women w. very high blood pressures. This is not the 1st death. There was one in FL, I heard
 6th of Mar, 2010 by   Stella Apple 0 Votes
I was there when they were trying to interview the clinic in Burlington (they moved from Waltham) it was Dr. Alex who did the procedure where the poor woman died and they NEVER disclosed it to my friend who was having the procedure done. I had no idea this had happened or I wouldn't have taken her 100 miles near the place. I was shocked to find out this happened to this woman. I was asking the technician before my friend went in a few questions about her recovery time etc. and he called me and I quote "aggressive" I was stunned. I thought to myself, well this is her money, her face, her life, but I wouldn't go near this mill if it came free with a brand new car to boot! I thought they were uncaring and the first thing they said to my friend when she got there before they even said "good morning" was "do you have the balance due?" I couldn't believe she would trust these people, but she is a very easy person to sucker into things like this and went with another friend prior and put her deposit down. She kept questioning the whole "lunchtime/hour" thing and got no answers. She also said she felt comfortable with Dr. Alex and didn't know at the time he was involved in this woman's death (none of us did!). I can't believe they're still in business, she's in excruciating pain but she's doing okay, she just has a lot of prescriptions to take and lots of other creams and stuff they charge you for to help with your healing. I don't know, I wish she had done her due diligence because now I'm very nervous. The doctor has not called once to see how she is doing, just bring them in one door, cut them open and throw them out another!

I can't believe we have a problem with stem cell research and yet we allow these butcher shops to open up on every corner like a starbucks!
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   chuey 0 Votes
I was contemplating this facelift but since reading the comments placed on the Internet I have decided against it. Thank all of you out there for being so honest. I pray for a speedy recovery for all of you as well as for the ultimate demise of this company.
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   ben.landser 0 Votes
You had surgery. You ARE gonna have scars. And everybody heals differently; some people simply scar more. For this procedure, having an incision "only" behind the ears is a "small" procedure compared to traditional facelifts. I think people should be better informed that plastic surgery is not the hype it's been made up to be by the media; it's serious risks, there is a high chance for problems or complications, or bad results.
How can your doctor not keep surgical records though...? That's a bit odd.
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   diane turner 0 Votes
LSL makes it sound like "going through a drive thru for a burger"!! The doctors who are certified should be "outraged" that quacks like these are doing this kind of procedure with no certification!! There has to be doctors willing to step forward to protect their own specialized field instead of allowing "wanna be's" performing surgery!!

It makes all of us stop and wonder if anyone of us has a qualified doctor that treats us!! Doctors, you all need to UNITE and put these quacks under the jail!!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
In the recent couple yrs, they have hired certified plast surgeons& some a re good, some bad. They have 40 centers & almost everyone has a comment such as yours. My Dr was a board ELIGIBLE ENT, no hopspital affiliations& basically on your own after the surgery which I was told would be a small incison. I was cut all the way around my ears into the back o my head.
All I can advise you is to look online or call your states medical licensing board& ile a coplaint. I did.They are office surgical centers that don't have to be accredited by the states. So, the DR that works there answers to no-one. It's a scam, in my opinion...Filing a complaint is easy. Take pics of ypourself& explain what happened. Good Luck..
They do not call you back when u call in w/ problems, nor do they log your calls& complaints, so keep notes. I know a couple in your LSL center that were messed up. EM mail& I'll ask them if they will talk to yo. I am sure they will. There are 2 dead now. So Sad!! Stay in touch
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
Ben.
How can your doctor not keep surgical records though...? That's a bit odd.
That's what I thought, but after emailing 100 bad LSL patients, they all say the same thing. I believe by them not logging calls, calling us back, no surgical reports, wehen we complain, they can say,
Oh, She never called & complained!" Google LSL, see the complaints& fines for making their employees go onto a popular cosmetic websire to post great reviews, in order yo boost thei percentages there. It was like 72 against LSL& 19 in favor. Then the employees posted good reviews & thet went up dramatically. We all know it was happening, better yet the Atty. Gen. Of NY, knew iot too& fined them
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   MOhammad@lsl 0 Votes
the surgery is done by trainees, most have little experience with the surgery itself, , , since there is no sedation, , they do not monitor the patients with typical OR monitoring devices, ,
the Board Certified DOC's are ear nose and throat surgeons, they may take a fellowship and take a written exam after a one year training but have no hands on training, , , , that is where
Lifestyle lift comes into play, , , namely it gives these newly trained surgeons some cases to
PRACTICE ON, , that is why their procedure is cheaper TRAINEES NEED TRAINING is really their motto
I do not know if the place was organized by lawyers, , , but their Malpractice Insurance Carrier
is a AIG, , , , the company who almost when under
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   pocono gal 0 Votes
I've tired of stating complaints at various websites, to many TV reporters, and to anyone who might listen. This procedure is simply a HORROR. We tried to get a class action suit going, but have had no success.
So I am scarred. In constant discomfort. And out $68OO. But hopefully someone reading this will be swayed to cancel a scheduled LSL, or tell a friend to "skip it", or not get involved with LSL butchers in the first place.
I hope someone reading this will take my advice. DO NOT HAVE A LIFESTYLE LIFT!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
I agree& very well said.I also want to add, check out your DR on your states' medical licensing website or call. Be sure they are certified in Facial Plastic Surgery by The AFPSB. You can type in these letters online to get the site. Also the AMA and the Amer. Plastic Surg. Board. Heck...Even go so far as asking the DR for his patient referrals& before and after pictures. IT IS YOUR FACE! Don't fall for the small fee, discounted if you sign NOW and all the other rhetoric. I know too many that are scarred and in horriffic pain for life. I also know of two deaths. It's worth a little homework.
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   GeorgeYangruinedmyface 0 Votes
Not only does everyone have to be careful about NOT going to LifeStyle Lift but you should also worry about going to a surgeon who has worked for them. In my case I went to George C Wang who performs what he calls a Millennium Lift -- I only had the procedure done on the left side of my face -- and he BOTCHED THAT!! I now have an elongated ear that stretches into my face -- as in cheek -- I cannot wear earrings, cannot pull my hair back, cannot do a lot of things I used to do before the surgery. Additionally, I have had serious pain since he performed the procedure and have suffered both psychological as well as physical pain. Making matters worse, each time I went to Dr Yang he minimized my complaints. Just today 4/22/10 he told me (after giving me pre-op papers 2 weeks ago since he was supposed do FIX the botched surgery) that I did not need this surgery and should accept the way I look!!! So a word to all, do your homework because any doctor that has been trained by the LifeStyle Lify company and goes into their own practice – well…they still botch up and don’t care about you as a person. Stay away from George C Wang and his Millennium Lift!! -Sommers

Travel Scams