logo

Modnique.com
Terrible experience
5. (46 mins ago)
Garcinia
Paid in full - goods not received

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Life Alert Necklace

Posted:    John Doe

True Story

Life Alert Inc
I'm not complaining about Life Alert's services or products, only narrating an encounter with Life Alert.

I am an EMS professional and work for an for an undisclosed ambulance service in a city in the US. (I don't want to risk violating HIPPA)

One early morning dispatch radioed my ambulance of an apt address and that Life Alert called because a necklace was alerted. We ran hot to this call and quickly made it to the room; however, the door is locked. I pound on the door; calling out to see if there is anyone else in the room to unlock the door. Nothing could be heard from the inside of the room. No moans, no scuffling, nothing. Time still ticking, we managed to retrieve a security guard to unlock the door. Oxygen ready, I rushed into a completely dark apt room. I yelled that 911 was here in an attempt to help me locate my patient. Guided by the hallway lights I found the bedroom to find an elderly women laying on her side in her bed. I confronted her and told her 911 was here. To my surprise this women jumped up in fear. She quickly asked who I was and what I was doing here. Shocked, I paused for a second and blurted out, "did you call 911?" It was obvious that this person was sleeping and was suddenly confronted by 4 fire fighters and 2 EMS personnel. Realizing that we are not in the correct room we quickly apologize and leave the room. I radioed the dispatch center asking for a repetition of the apt address and explained why the room we were given was incorrect. Sure enough the records Life Alert gave our dispatch center matched the door in front of me. Dispatched called back Life Alert to ask for the address again. Still waiting, dispatch radioed to me that the address I was at is the one Life Alert has on records and told us to hang on. Knowing that we're at the wrong place we proceeded to to the elevator and took it down to the first floor, still unsure where to go. On the way down dispatch radioed they (as in dispatch) found the patient's ACTUAL address by Life Line disclosing the patient's name and then matching that to the company's 911 log. However, the new address was over 3 miles away and a closer truck we send to respond. I never found out what the patient's condition was when the ambulance arrived.

I don't know about the newer models but whatever necklace she had on did not have gps. If the patient was able to actually dial 911 then her location would be instantly traced and someone would of been there very quickly. Since she moved Life Alert only had her previous address. I don't know if necklace wearers are suppose to notify Life Alert if they move but for whatever reason Life Alert's records were not up to date.
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2011 by   Just The Facts Please 0 Votes
There are many companys with similar names to Life Alert. How do you know this is the company?

Few Tips How to Buy a Foreclosure