logo

Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Life Alert, Encino, California Complaints & Reviews - TWO WARNINGS regarding Life Alert.

Life Alert Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-06-30 by    Fred in Los Angeles

TWO WARNINGS regarding Life Alert.

16027 Ventura Blvd, Ste 400. Encino, CA 91436
Encino, California
Phone: 1.800.815.5922
lifealert.com
<b>TWO WARNINGS regarding Life Alert.

Warning #1</b> is for anyone considering a Sales Position with this company Life Alert: Management will promise you (at the interview and again at sales training) that you will get leads from senior citizens that called-in in response to their commercials seeking information on a Life Alert system. You will, or have been lied to. You will receive a stack of one year old leads that have been called 100’s of times by dozens & dozens of sales people just like yourself. These leads are virtually worthless as they’ve hounded these old people over and over and over. But most important to you is this: It costs them basically nothing to have you sit in their offices as an “unpaid commission based private contractor” calling these exhausted, beat-to-death, old leads. You will NOT get new leads no matter what. Save yourself a lot of heartache, lost time and lost money. These people at Life Alert (in my opinion) have created a revolving door, stealing the precious time of all newly hired salespeople; salespeople who are simply looking for a job in this tough economy to pay their bills and feed their families. Their revolving door is about them and only them. They will lie to you saying you will get endless numbers of leads, but ALL these leads they give are a year or more old, and have been beat to death by repeated phone calling. This company has their sales-force in place (the chosen few getting the real live leads) and they really don’t need you. What they need is for you to call their old ancient leads. And maybe you will get “a” sale. You probably will if you make enough calls. Keep this in mind - It costs this company almost nothing to have you sit at one of their empty desks calling old, outdated, beat to death leads from their unlimited-calling telephone lines.

<b>Warning #2</b> is for any senior, or child of a senior, looking for information on a medical alert system. Read my warning above, then look elsewhere. There are 100’s of competitors to them. Most every alarm company in America offers a similar service, many for less money, and some without long contract terms. Just Google: “Medical Alert.” Thanks for reading and have a healthy and prosperous future.

Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jun, 2011 by   KMIRAN -1 Votes
OUCH... THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION (YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM)
 30th of Jun, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +2 Votes
Its funny that only anonymous people complain about them. The BBB takes complaints, but the complainer has to identify themselves to make sure it is not just a disgruntled employee trying to make trouble. Many competitors use this tactic to discredit a company by posting fictitious complaints. Some consumers are fooled by this, but an educated consumer will turn to a legitimate source where the complaints are not anonymous.
See what The BBB has to say about them.
The first post is the best. The guy with no talent is mad that they would not invest “good leads” in him. My guess would be that they fired him due to his inability to STFU! Lol
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
"Quinton Floyd" (rebuttal #2 above) obviously doesn't know that the BBB does not take complaints regarding employee related issues. The BBB is strictly and solely a consumer complaint and resolution organization. It's apparent Quinton's not to bright, but he sure can surmise as to what he guesses may have happened.
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Quinton Floyd obviously does not know that the BBB does not take complaints regarding employee related issues. The BBB is strictly and solely a consumer complaint and resolution organization. It is apparent Quinton is not to bright, but he sure can surmise as to what he guesses may have happened.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd 0 Votes
In your complaint, you advised people to look elsewhere. That’s why I suggested a source that verifies complaints (Like the BBB) instead of believing the words of an anonymous complainer.

It is obvious that you are just a disgruntled ex-employee trying to discredit them. One doesn’t need to be too bright to see that.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Obvious only to you - Quinton Floyd. Any "reasonable" reader can ascertain the fairness of my complaint. You're obviously one who spends his time finding fault with everyone and everything he comes across. Too bad for you and everyone you deal with.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +1 Votes
I stand with my original recommendation. Get information from reliable sources. Anonymous complaints usually come from someone with an axe to grind.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Quinton, I shall repeat - There is no (employer/employee) forum available (anywhere) such as the Better Business Bureau that only handles consumer complaints) which an individual may share their experiences with horrible employer organizations, such as Life Alert. The information I've provided is my experience with this company and serves well to warn folks about their unethical practices. Your statements regarding reliable sources and anonymous complaints says to any reader here that you find fault with ALL complaints on this site, as they are ALL anonymous, and all unreliable in your opinion.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
For further employee/employer complaints regarding Life Alert, go to:
/link removed/
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +2 Votes
I don’t find fault with ALL complaints here. Some people stick to the facts and simply post their experience, while others are clearly trying to attack. (Like you are)

Like most salesmen you are heavy on words and light on credibility. I am not buying!
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Quinton, you're obviously not capable of re-evaluating your opinions even when provided reasonable contrary information. Too bad for you.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +1 Votes
Enjoy beating your dead horse.
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
You see your horse is dead. Good for you Quinton!
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +1 Votes
The fact that you are trying soooo hard to sell your BS says it all. Angry, disgruntled ex-employees are easy to spot. I guess blaming them makes your failure easier to handle.

Thanks for the entertainment. (That’s all your post is worth!)
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   Quinton Floyd +1 Votes
Between the trolls posting false complaints here and the malware from this site, I have made my last visit here. The rest of you enjoy your stay.
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Quinton thinks everyone here's a troll and all the complaints are false, so poor wittle Quinton has made is 'wast wittle visit' here. He'll be so missed.
/(tears for Quinton)
 3rd of Sep, 2011 by   Just The Facts Please +1 Votes
I work there and I love it. Its not an easy job. It takes patience and determination. I didnt mind working my way up by calling 1 year old leads. They are not "beaten up" like you say. Most of them still need the service and appreciate us staying in touch. If they dont want to hear from us, we are required to remove them from the list.
I realize that it is not for everyone, but it is nothing like what you are saying. Not even close.
Just The Facts...
You just confirmed what I said:

"I didnt mind working my way up by calling 1 year old leads."
"Its not an easy job. It takes patience and determination."

Life Alert provides newly hired salespeople nothing but one year old leads that are called over and over and over. And they don't tell them this at the interview, at training; and only when they hit the sales floor is this discovered. If that's okay with you, fine. It isn't okay for anyone worth their salt. End of subject!
 5th of Sep, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Here's a review from another site: (linking is not permitted)

All I wanted was information, yet they call me at all hours and days including weekends. 6 calls in total. I told them TWICE to stop calling me but they still insist on calling. Every time they call I get an anxiety attack because of their harrassing nature.
John S.
 5th of Sep, 2011 by   Fred in Los Angeles -1 Votes
Here's another review from another site:

I would NEVER recommend this company to ANYONE. I called seeking information and asked that they mail it to my home. They waited three weeks to send me the paperwork and by then I had gone with a different company. When they called me, I let them know that I went with ADT. They continue to call me on a daily basis- on my cell phone AND AT WORK and it is now borderline harassment. They are clearly desperate for business and will drive you crazy with the sales calls. This is not the way to get customers. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and nothing has happened yet. The woman (Emily) from Life Alert just called me again on my office phone even after I left her two messages this morning REMINDING her not to call me again because she also called me twice yesterday. This is unbelievable and I am considering filing a police report. You would be crazy to even consider calling them.
Lynn B.

This site prohibits linking to other sites. Just google Life Alert - there are dozens harassment complaints.

Tips How to Save on Moving Costs