logo

Liberty Power Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Radick

Beware

Liberty Power
Please, be aware of service and promises provided by out of state electric companies. I am an IL based small business and bought service from Liberty power. My first bill was close/equilent to what I was paying local company. I called Liberty Power for cancellation. To cancel the service...$1221.00 I have to pay. There is nothing they can do...because it's company policy (greed).

I have to do lot more research...got lot of work ahead...again please, be aware what you get into..
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2010 by   Liberty Power 0 Votes
Liberty Power is an independent Electricity Supplier, serving the needs of tens of thousands of business customers in 12 states across the country where there is a choice of energy suppliers. This national coverage provides our customers with the benefits of a strong purchasing team and expertise in understanding the needs of a large base of business customers.

We are proud to help customers control their electricity rates by offering fixed rate plans that remove the volatility inherent in the energy market and protect customers from unexpected and unbudgeted electricity costs. In fact, electricity is the most volatile of all commodities – with market rates changing every second of the day. When electricity suppliers offer a fixed rate, it is based on market prices at a particular point in time. In order to guarantee the price for the contract term, suppliers pre- purchase the energy required by the account for the full term. In mitigating the risk of a market that can swing up and down constantly, Liberty Power helps business customers continue to do what they do best – serve their customers.

When we pre-purchase electricity, we make a commitment to the customer for the electricity they need for the term of their agreement, which is generally 1 to 3 years. If the customer chooses to end the agreement before the end of the term, there may be a fee for early termination. This will depend on when the customer exits the agreement, market prices at that point in time and whether Liberty Power incurs losses from that termination.

For more information on the volatility of the energy market, please see http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/

We hope this clarifies the concern for this issue. We are happy to answer any additional questions regarding early terminations. Please feel free to contact Liberty Power Customer Care at 1-866-POWER-99 (1-866-769-3799).

5th of Aug, 2010 by   Nate_Guinness 0 Votes
When you sign up with a provider for electricity or natural gas they (The Provider) "hedge" that commodity at that day's market rate for the entire length of your contract. If you decide that you want to switch to something else, the provider that bought the power for you is left with that investment. There are obvious damages and therefore you (the customer) are responsible for them. Basically you shouldn't get into a contract if you don't want to hold up on your part of the bargain. Why should the provider lose money because of your fickle decisions? If the provider decided that they didn't want to hold your fixed rate because the market went up, you (the customer) would be damaged and therefore you would hold them responsible. It isn't a double standard. The title should read: Warning Don't Get Into Legal Agreements If You Don't plan On Holding Up Your Part Of The Agreement.
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   Angelma360 0 Votes
My question is why was the bill close to or same as original power company? I just got a cold call from Liberty Power Corp (HARD SELL!) and was pressured to enter into a 24 mo contract and save 1/2 what I pay now! When I asked for an email or website where I could see their terms and conditions, I was told I could only get by FAX and I needed to leave my FAX line free for 20 minutes. I said no thanks, I check your website--which specifically says you don't get the terms and conditions until you sign up, and they are mailed to you. Doesn't feel customer friendly. I'm not inclined to do business with this type of vendor.
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   itssmek +1 Votes
Liberty power uses fraudulent means of getting and retaining customers.

A cold call from a female from Liberty power is trying to tell me that

1. Since i am a few weeks out of contract with them, the rate went to DOUBLE of what i was paying and she swore it was CON EDISON setting the high rate and not them.
2. Then she goes on to say that if i renew TODAY, the price drop will start TODAY and not next meter reading.

This all sounded like BS so i called and spoke with a man that seems more honest. He (her co worker) told me
that she was not telling the truth. I even called a few other suppliers that told me the same thing.

I tried to leave a complaint with the manager but never got a reply. Strange.

On top of this, i get a FAX trying to scam me to renew saying that i am canceling 10 months in advance of my contract which is BS because i was paying the high rate supposedly because i was out of contract! (I switched to a more honest supplier, this is why they sent this confusing scam letter)
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   MariaNJ +1 Votes
I have the same problem. They promised me a lot of savings and they have been overcharging me an average of $800.00 more than PSEG. To get out of the contract they want over $9, 000 because they said they purchased the electricity when I signed the contract. I am going to call the better business bureau because I can't deal with being overcharged for a year.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Marc DVX +1 Votes
My electricity bill in NYC doubled after I signed with Liberty Power in June, I switched back to ConED last month, they all waived the cancellation fee of (0.00) automatically but I had chosen a contract that did not lock rates so I can't imagine why they thought there should be a cancellation fee at all. I'm happy to be out of the contract but feel this mistake cost me $300-400.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   No Liberty +1 Votes
I used to work for Liberty Power and used to sit next to the "Sales" team. Their office is located in South Florida. The company is owned and operated by David Hernandez and his brother who used to work for ENRON (sound familiar)?
Long story short, the employees are encourage to sell based on any whimsical deal they make up and try to promise their clients. Once clients decide to switch with Liberty Power as their utility company, it is very difficult to go back because of Monopoly regulations that mandate that a certain % of clients to be held by a smaller company like Liberty Power.
This is a shady part of the deal that Liberty Power does not like to reveal. Futhermore, the number provided above (1-866-769-3799) routes you to an outsourced location (not Liberty Power).
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   ripped off 75 +1 Votes
Liberty power is nothing more than a scam in my eyes and needs to be shut down !!! My Mother was tricked into signing a contract by a man who came by her business. The sad part is he said oh liberty power could save her $50.00 a month versus what her current power provider Ameren of IL was charging her, but when next month rolled around she was not only getting a bill from liberty power but also Ameren IL. Now my question is why in the heck would anyone in there right mind want to pay twice for the same service. Well to make a long story somewhat short she called Ameren and a Rep from there said they have recieved numerous complaints in regards to this company and has been turned over to the BBB. Since then she has had wrote letters to liberty with no reply back and then a month later she finally recieves a call from liberty telling her that the current bill was 1200 and needed to be paid at once or would go into collections. So with that said please be aware of liberty power and there high pressure scams ... they need to have there doors closed once and for all !!!
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Erica Lanosa +2 Votes
I am a current employee of Liberty Power and have been selling electricity to my customers for the past year. I was very upset to happen across this blog..after reading the comments above I felt compelled to deliver truth to the public. For starters I have NEVER put my customers into a rate or contract that did not have value to it!!! I do this by knowing my product inside and out and knowing what situation my potential customer is in. I retain billing details from my customers for their home or business and see what I can offer them in terms of an electricity rate. If the rates that they are currently paying are better then what I have to offer I let them know and tell them they are better off where they are but keep us in mind for the future if you start to see your bills increasing. :) The idea of a FIXED rate for electricity is that you are winning 10 out of the 12 months in the year and protecting yourself from market increase that arises, i.e. New York electricity in the Summer typically skyrockets!..the customer can protect themselves from variable market rates by locking into a fixed rate. NOW, with that being said. There are people out there in this industry that DONT do whats best for their customers and dont know the right information and that is why you are hearing complaints. It is also the customers' job to ask how and why they can save money to protect themselves from fraud. I would never tell my customer that they could not see a copy of the terms and conditions of a contract..the above statements are false and were probably a result of misinformation on both the consumer and sellers part. I DO save my customers money and take pride in my customer service...and as a former employee wrote (they were probablydisgrutled) the 866-769-3799 IS our corp office in Florida and the ONLY time you will get an outsourced company to pick up your call is if it is after hours or everyone here is busy, we dont want customers to have to wait. I welcome any calls regarding HOW I can save your home or business money as well as any concerns or requests about entering into an agreement with us..pick my brain about anything!, and I GUARANTEE you that I will be thourough in my analysis right down to your taxes so there is no suprises!! Feel free to reach me directly at 866-769-3799 x6728, ERICA LANOSA, INSIDE SALES. Many Blessings and Happy Holidays! :) Thank you for your time!
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   JillianMT -2 Votes
It would be nice to see someone have something positive to say about Liberty Power other then employees. It is a scam and my Company cancelled a week after signing. However last week (two weeks after we cancelled) We recieved a call asking if we got our welcome packages. I told the lady we had cancelled and she said she had to look into that and would call me back. Wondering if we are going to get screwed some how. They will probably say that we never cancelled and apply charges. Lets wait and see
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   nauraa +1 Votes
I was looking into Liberty Power and it seems as though there are some benefits if one is patient enough to understand how their processes work.

There way of doing business with their customers appears to be similar to that of a cell phone or satelite company where a contract for services over a certain period of time is executed.

With any contract you consider what would be the reason for a cancelation and a charge for canceling. SO I asked why they needed a time frame agreement and why a cancelation fee if I chose to cancel...well the truth is that they purchase electricity from a generation facilty and it is in bulk (similar to Costco or Sams club) and this purchase is based on estimated or historical usage for each business that decides to sign up with Liberty Power. The idea behind the bulk purchase is as most may know is to gain a savings on quantity. That savings is then passed on to the end user...the customer in this case.

So why the cancelation fee...as it is explained to me...the electricity purchased by Liberty Power in advance for its customers and there is no way to "store" extra electricity if it not being used...therefore it is a waste. This makes sense to me.

In reality their service is no different than a 2 yr contract with a cell phone company or 2yr contract with your satelite provider. And even I have been upset over my contracts with my cell phone provider before and have felt stuck in a situation that I was no happy with so I can understand views from both sides of a negotiation. But I have learned to Educate myself and do some research prior to executing contracts with companies who are providing me a service.

After reading everyones coments here I feel confident that Liberty Power is not in fact a Scam but a company that is providing a service to businesses who need savings in there electricity costs.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   the only bloger with a brain 0 Votes
no one ever bothers to blog about positive experiences, that's why there arent positive remarks you idiots.. they have been in business for years in like 20 states.. If it were a scam that wouldn't be possible. quit complaining and learn more about the industry you morons.
 8th of Apr, 2011 by   Beware of Liberty Power billing practice 0 Votes
After having the misfortune of selecting Liberty Power as my provider, I paid my bills on time and in full every month. However, I switched to Blue Star Energy and the service was much better as well as the rates being better. It would be nice if that was the end of the story. Almost 6 months after switching companies, I received a statement for Liberty Power informing me of a credit I had with them in excess of $14, 000.00. A couple of months later, I received an invoice informing me that I owe them money. Keep in mind, my invoices were always zeros (never an outstanding balance). A month later, I received a letter informing me that I owe them in excess of $3000.00 for "under billing". My question is: has this happened to anyone else and is anyone interested in joining me a others in a class action law suit?
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   trmg +1 Votes
I signed a contract in the middle of march, switching to liberty power. I explained to the sales person that the bill was in my landlords name ( i own a small business) and that i didn't think I could make the switch. He explained that as long as I was paying the bill that I could. My landlord had a fit so I called my rep several times but he never answered or returned my calls. The number that he told me to call only had a busy signal so I faxed the company telling them that I was not authorized to make the the change. I finally called a different number and explained the situation and was told that they would terminate but I would have to pay over $1, 000.00 to cancel. Now keep in mind, this is days after I signed the contract and never started with Liberty Power. My contract was to begin in April but never did. I received my Electric bill and Liberty was never on it. I received a call today and was told that the termination fee is $1900.00!!! but they would negotiate a price.Who are these people? My contract was cancelled weeks before it was to start . I was also told that I should have known that I wasn't authorized to make the switch even though the Liberty Power representative told me that I could. I'm with the Law suit!!
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   OttoN 0 Votes
If you get a call from "Liberty Power", hang up.
610-352-2522
csr Tony will lie to you.
Floor training ofc Leo Wilson will be rude and lie too.

Liberty Power Holdings
publicly gives the same address as
Liberty Mutual Group, Inc. - 1-617-357-9500
175 Berkeley Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116

Supposedly SunCom Energy is a subsidiary of Liberty.
It is a scam by Steven H Saiz.
SunCom Energy (800) 557-8480
1410 NE 26th Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

They must represent themselves as
SunCom Energy a partner of Liberty Power Holdings.
Liberty Power Holdings is authorized to sell electricity to businesses in PA.
But SunCom is NOT.

Please report them to the better business bureau.
Report them on complaint boards so others can easily search for this info too.
Report them to the PA Public Utility Commission.

By the way, SunCom & liberty prices are robbery!

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
BUT they do not follow the Lord. They lie, just like the devil.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
to buy their energy and use their product, honors satan, not God.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   So tired of companies screwing people 0 Votes
Liberty power sucks it's funny how we have to pay two electric company. We have Atlantic city electric and now liberty power. We were supposed to be saving but liberty power has done nothing but charged us more than our primary electric company. We have rental property and added most of our buildings to liberty power. Because of the extra cost for electric we have lost tenants in most of our property. This is crazy, do not get liberty power.. I can show you proof if needed about how much more you are going to pay...
 27th of May, 2011 by   cirrus9 0 Votes
To "The Only Bloger With a Brain": If you really had a brain, you would know that your name is spelled "Blogger".
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   bappysue 0 Votes
Liberty Power tricked my son into a contract for my company, then wouldn't talk to me about it until my son added me as an authorized person to the account. So I called my current provider and told them that I had not authorized the change. They immediately cancelled the change to liberty. Now I get a notice from liberty saying I owe them money for early termination. Since the person who signed was not authorized to make the change I have no intention of paying this of course, but I will certainly be reporting them to the BBB for their dirty practices.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   techtre2003 0 Votes
I signed my company up for Liberty Power for a year. We have 2 office building so I started with one office. The bills we were getting were quite a bit lower. After that year was up, I signed up our other building and signed on for another year on the original building. Three months later, they send a letter stating we were billed short, it was Ameren's fault, and we owed over $2, 000. Rather than getting screwed another year, I cancelled the contract; which cost over $1, 200. I reluctantly paid it all because our company can't afford to have any bad credit. Stay Away from Liberty Power!
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   techtre2003 0 Votes
Actually mistated the "undercharged" amount, it was actually over $3000.00. Also forgot to mention that when I went back and looked, the meter numbers on the Liberty Power bills and the Ameren bills matched up, but the beginning and ending hours weren't even close; it was like they just made up numbers.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups