logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam
2. (3 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Seller is scammer and thief - no idea where my order is
3. (37 mins ago)

They took money

Lending Club
Akron, Ohio
lendingclub.com
I tried to open a loan with these people they said they needed your bank account information to verify that it was you. Against my better judgement I gave that information and they proceeded to debit my account of a transaction under a dollar. They say they won't take the money it will just be pending. Instead it's been long gone from my account for two weeks now and they still haven't returned my money. I sent them an email and they never answered my question of when they would return my money instead they just said they turned me down due to lack of credit which is a lie I own my home. Then I told them I was going to report them and that's when they said to call them just to give me the run around telling me they would refund it in two business days which never happened and even though I told them by then it had already been a week.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2012 by   zichroni 0 Votes
I'm a lending club investor and have funded hundreds of consumer loans. With regard to the complaint about not getting back the test transaction sum of less than a dollar - seems a trivial complaint from a guy who was turned down for many thousands of dollars in loan. My experience has been that loans don't get issued mainly because consumer misrepresent their true financial situation, like not accurately reporting their outstanding loans and history. I also suspect from the few loans that have gone bad in my account, that loans fail because applicants outright lie or otherwise try to scam the system. From what I can see, Lending Club uses reasonable, accurate due deligence is asssessing creditworthiness. If your lown was denied, you probably would not have been able to pay it back. and in the end, that is what peer-to-peer lending is all about.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   Ladouceur 0 Votes
I was approved for a $25, 000.00. Although my credit score was 783, I was rated B1. I submitted all the documents, 2 years business and personal tax returns along with some other items they requested and it was100% funded by investors, though it took 8 days. In less then 24 hours I get an email stating they now need 2011 tax returns. Well gess what...All I have is a copy of the my extension my CPA filled and a cancelled check for $40, 000.00 I paid the IRS. I told them to adios, went down to Wells Fargo and got the same unsecured loan for 1/3 of the interest rate Lending Club was going to charge in 24 hours. Bottom line...If you have good credit go to a real bank. I'm so glad they yanked me around because if they hadn't I would have had to pay a $1, 200.00 fee for the loan along with a much higher interest rate. Thank you Lending Flub...I mean Club.
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   JLBake 0 Votes
i was approved for a loan after responding to a mailed notice offering me a pre-approved loan. I was surprised at how long it took, but the big surprise came when I was charged an $1100 origination fee. I was never informed on what that amount was going to be. I didn't notice it until I had distributed the funds to my credit card companies wondering why I was short in paying off my debt, which was the whole purpose in obtaining the loan. If i were to rate the company on above board business, I am afraid I would warn others to stay away. By the way, I do have decent income and decent credit, and have no intention of defaulting on this. I guess we live and learn. Probably a good experience for investors, but borrowers be careful.
 19th of Sep, 2014 by   Tom Bodden 0 Votes
Today I attempted to borrow $11000 for new roofs on my homes. I did this because I have received at least 15 of the "My Instant Offer" letters with a pre-approved amount of $20000.00. This is unfortunately a lie as they stated my credit wasn't good enough, why send me a pre-approval letter if my credit wasn't good enough I currently owe a small amount on two credit cards and a small personal loan, all total about $5000.00 with an annual retired income of $75, 000. Something is very wrong here and if I get any further letters they will be returned with a personal note from me.

Bank Cards Scams 2