logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
4. (1 hr 17 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
5. (1 hr 36 mins ago)
Aliexpress.com
Avoid like the plague

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Leisure Plus and Savings 2 go Complaints & Reviews - unauthorized credit card charge

Leisure Plus and Savings 2 go Contacts & Informations

Leisure Plus and Savings 2 go

Posted:    sheri

unauthorized credit card charge

Leisure Plus
I was looking at my credit card account online, checking to make sure that everything was in order, and that I recognized all the charges. I noticed that there were two charges that I did not remember. Both unfamiliar charges were for $14.95 and from companies that I also did not recognize, SB Leisure Plus and SB Savings2go.

When I thought really hard about it, I remembered making an internet purchase a couple of months ago, that offered coupons, and a free gas card. I was instantly ashamed of my ignorance. Now I know I should be more careful while purchasing on the internet, and remember that if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. I canceled both "Memberships" and I'm hoping that's the last that I see of it. From other complaint sites I have read, I believe that this might be from the same company, both charges are from Texas. I just hope that this doesn't lead to any Identity Theft issues.

Please be careful when you shop!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Leisure Plus and Savings 2 go complaints
Leisure Plus and Savings 2 go - No refund of monies

Comments

10th of Mar, 2009 by   Peggy Allen 0 Votes
I Also was charged and didn't know what the charge that appeared on my statement was and called the bank and they gave be SB Leisure plus. I had orderd something on-line and must have mistakenly said yes to something unknowingly. How can I cancel something I do not know what it is, the bank said SB leisure plus, but I do not know how to contact them to cancel. Can you help?
Peggy Allen
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   sheri 0 Votes
Here are the numbers that I used to cancel my "memberships":

SB *SAVINGS2GO 800-448-1944
SB *LEISUREPLUS 888-527-2589

Within a few days I noticed that I was credited back for the two charges. I didn't actually ask for my money back, but of course I'm not complaining. I hope that this will be the case for you as well. Good Luck!
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   s2gohelper -2 Votes
Savings2Go & Leisure Plus does not enroll anybody in either Membership unless they call to enroll. There are other businesses who offer the Memberships with their products. That is how most people are enrolled into the Memberships. Savings2Go & Leisure Plus have websites for their members. They also have phone numbers to be reached at. If this company was a "scam" they would not have phone numbers to be reached at, let alone a fax number or address, and lets not forget about the websites.
1-800-448-1944 & 1-888-448-0166.

Also, the ONLY reason they ask for some of you information is so they can look up your account so they can help you with your complaints/cancellations. It is done this way for one reason only. So they are looking at your account (the right one). If you do call just remember that the person you are talking to on the other end is a human just trying to make a living.

If you do have any question please let me know and I will help as much as I can.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   P. Howard 0 Votes
I just recently found the same scam from Leisureplus. I responded to an ad in USA Today or something like that and was offered a membership and I flatly said "NO". But have been billed every month since March. I, too, can plea stupidity for not doing something sooner. But I finally realized that these charges were bogus and called my credit card company. Maybe the customer service agent got a bonus for everyone she signed up and signed up people even though they said no; or the customer may have never been told and was signed up anyway. I called Leisureplus to make sure they stopped billing me. They asked for my phone number, that is probably used to track customers and they admitted they didn't have mine...if I had signed up I am sure they would have asked for a phone number...so, further proof this is all bogus. I have decided to file a formal complaint with the Attorney General's Office regardless...maybe they can do something to shut them down.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   samron77v 0 Votes
I just found the same charges on my bank statement, it stated in march as well a total of $149.50. How can I get that money recredited back to my account.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   Jennifer Beechy 0 Votes
I called the number and found out that on 12-21-03 Smoke-Away was ordered by my husband. A "free" 30 day membership was extended. To cancel this he would have had to have called in to Leisure Plus. He has an automatic insurance payment for the same amount each month and thought nothing of it. He has never received anything from Leisure Plus through all these years. However, his bank account kept overdrawing and the bank finally got tired of it and closed the account. It was the Liesure Plus payment that was overdrawing things every month. He received a statement this month from Leisure Plus (keep in mind this is the first contact since 2003) wanting bank account information. There was no amount given, just a request for his banking information. While my husband should have kept closer tabs on things, this is an out-an-out SCAM!!! The customer service representative gave me a FAX # 972-881-4532 to send copies of his bank statement for four months so that they could credit him for only four months. That is the policy of the company (only four months). I let the guy know that I was not happy about this and that this is a SCAM!!! Call it what it is! I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau and their FAX #. And you can bet that any account information will be excluded from that FAX.
My advice to everyone out there is BE CAREFUL!!! When you order something, don't give out banking information. If they offer you a "free" membership to anything, say NO! We are out $664.40! With the economy what it is, that is alot of money for us. That would pay for alot of groceries and several mortgage payments. All this for something we never used and didn't even know that we had. I know their claim will be that it was all perfectly legal, but it is sure sneakin' in through the back door and very shady. I would like nothing better than to see this operation shut down! I also plan to contact senators and congressman about this. I will do everything in my power to shut them down and see that they don't do this to someone else!
I don't know about anyone else out there, but when I order something, I want what I ordered and NOTHING ELSE, FREE or not!!!
Jennifer Beechy
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   s2gohelper -2 Votes
Ms. Beechy,
You stated that, , , ,
"The customer service representative gave me a FAX # 972-881-4532 to send copies of his bank statement for four months so that they could credit him for only four months. That is the policy of the company (only four months)."

I'm not sure why this guy told you to send copys of your statments for those 4 mths. The reps can credit your acct for the last 4 mth, other wise you must fax over statments if your asking for more than those 4 mths back. The reps are only able to refund 4 mths, it is company policy.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   Clemcln 0 Votes
I am a recent victim of leisure plus. I did not order anything and they had a bogus address for me. I was billed $8.95 per month since 2001. That's over $800.00 that they took from me without my knowledge. I have to admit I did not notice it because I make decent money and thought it was some sort of bank fee. My bank made me aware when I called them for something totally different and I discovered what they "stole" from me.
When I called them I was told the company that authorized this transaction is no longer in business and they were not able to tell me where the $8.95 was sent. I didn't get anything out of it. No coupons or anything.

This is terrible. You think you are safe and theives find a new way to rob you!
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   Tony_40 0 Votes
I was signed up for savings2GO and leisureplus when I bought my son YOUR BABY CAN READ. The sales guy from your baby can read pushed this promotion on me, he made it sound like I was going to receive this promotion for free. I feel like calling your baby can read customer service to complain.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   JMI 0 Votes
So, I too got scammed by this terrible outfit. What a joke, the business is owned by Stonebridge Benefit Services (800.527.7557) - but you will not be able to talk to someone there. They will defer you and tell you to write a letter. They told me that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE to access any managers or persons who you can speak with. I have paid an estimated $1, 000 plus over 7 years of not noticing this charge on my credit card - there is no document or email or anything that they can reproduce to tell me when and for what reason I opened my "account". The data they have is false and my address used was for one 10+ years ago.

Also - try and file a complaint - none of the busiesses are even listed (or legitimate).

S2Go - how do you sleep at night? Why dont you go sell drugs or something tangible vs. telemarket fraud.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   JMI 0 Votes
For anyone wishing to actually figure out whom to call and what to ask for this is where you ultimately should go,

Business Contact and Profile
Name: AEGON Direct Marketing Services, Inc.
Phone: (972) 881-6688

Original Business Start Date: February 1967
Local Start Date: June 2001
Principal: Ms. Marilyn Carp, President
Customer Contact: Ms. Marilyn Carp, President
Email Address: Send email to AEGON Direct Marketing Services, Inc.
Type of Business: Insurance Companies, Insurance - Health, Insurance - Life, Product Sales - General, Road Service - Automotive, Travel Clubs
BBB Accreditation: This organization is a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Savings to GO
Quest Membership Services
Back Porch
Stonebridge Life Insurance Company
Leisure Plus
Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.
Monumental Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Life Insurance Company
Veterans Life Insurance Company
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   Ali West 0 Votes
This company is a fraud. They flat out lie about their services. I cancelled my membership 30 minutes after receiving my membership packet. For example, the five, one hundred dollar travel vouchers I was promised actually would have saved me only a whopping 25 bucks. And I can go on. Beware, don't get suckered in like me.
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   Duane Nicholas 0 Votes
Was charged by both SB leisureplus 888-527-2589 and SB Savings2go 800-448-1944. Never agreed to anything, or purchased anything. Both charges were for $9.95 each!! This is fraudulent company and stole from my bank account. Will find out who at the bank today.
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   SHAWNALE812 0 Votes
I signed up for theses programs on monday dec 6 2010 I autorized them to take 15.70 off my card and an additional 16.00 was taking withoout my permission I was told I would recieve a 300.00 dollar gas card and I got a rebate card for 25.00 a month for a year and I had to use a credit card to purchase the gas but it would take almost 60 days before I could even send the rebate in they are rude and disrespectful I was hung on sworn at and lied to I am contacting the attorney generals office about the fraud of this company and I suggest that other people do it to and maybe we can have them shut down once and for all leisure plus is nothing but a SCAM
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   kefrin 0 Votes
why you use my credit visa??? how you know my visa number????????
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   lena greene 0 Votes
I also got scamed by this company ! after canceling them they still got to my bank account every one you talk to lies its horrible . they need to be stopped I had to cancel my account at my bank and have been hit 4 times with charges before I could do so ! the charges were of course from both companies the leisureplus and savings to go .
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   JTurek 0 Votes
They contacted me a year ago never asked for my credit card numbers or anything. My husband wasn't here at the time so I took the call and was enthused to get a couple of magazines for free and then when I called to cancel the magazines the charges kept coming $600.00 later we are still fighting that I said they could take it out of my husbands account. After play back they gave me my phone number and four numbers after it that I thought were just for reference turns out to be my husbands credit card numbers which I never had memorized they told me I can take this months refund and nothing else because it was the availability not services that they were rendering.
 13th of May, 2011 by   Sarah2000 0 Votes
A few days ago I ordered "smoke assist" and was told that I would recieve a free $25 gift certificate for dining and a free gas card and all I had to do was call to cancel within 30 days of recieving my "rewards". I just signed on to my bank website to do my online banking and noticed a $8 charge from SB*Leisureplus... I called my bank and since it hasn't cleared yet they told me to wait until it cleared to call back and report the fraudulent activity... then I got to thinking about the recent purchase of "smoke assist" and since I hardly ever order things off the TV or internet I just knew it had to be through this company... well while I was ordering my "smoke assist" I wrote down everything that the man was offering to me and when I had to call to cancel and phone numbers, etc. I had written down a number of 1-888-527-2589 of which right next to it I wrote "call to cancel in 30 days" so I called that number and the first thing I heard was " welcome to Liesure Plus..." I got a representative on the phone and explained to her that I NEVER authorized ANY transactions to be posted to my account and she asked for my phone number... I gave it to her and she said she didn't have anything on file for me... my response was " that's interesting... how would you not have any information for me but still be able to FRAUDULANTLY charge my account $8..." she responded "I am sorry... let me take your information down and I will pass it on to my supervisor and make sure the charge gets credited back to your account... so she proceeded to take my info (NO ACCOUNT INFO) and then she asked me if this was the ONLY charge that has been placed on my account... THIS WORRIED ME... I said "yes at this time... will there be more?" she didn't say anything except that she would get the information to her supervisor but before she got off the phone I asked for the supervisors name that she was "passing this on to" then she asked me if I would like to speak to the supervisor and I said "Yes" the supervisor got on the phone and I explained my concerns and she assured me that she would make sure that "my account would be cancelled as soon as my information hits their system" So I have hopefully gotten to the bottom of this... today is (of all days) Friday May 13, 2011... wish me luck!
 28th of May, 2011 by   scamproof 0 Votes
This organization changes it name every few days. Do not give them your regularly used account number .Give them a gift card number. Also tell t hem you are affiliated to police agency. Do not say Okay all right or I agree at anytime or else you are in trouble.. Also do not give the exact spelling of your name . On purpose misspell your first and last name and do not give a telephone number associated with your bank card..

This is one way to beat them at their game. Use encrypted card which will not allow them to automatically charge $ 39.95 per month every month. Take care never say OK, All Right or I agree
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   DubboTap You 0 Votes
I just checked my account and found that these companies debited $14.95 out of my account twice. It was from a $1.00 promo for my sons gaming system. I dont even remember clicking, or agreeing with anything regarding leisure plus...or savetogo. WHAT A SCAM!! Im going to call tomorrow and GET MY MONEY BACK! What an unethical way to scam people, go sell condoms or diaphrams, at least they are used for legit purposes.

Penny Auction Scams