Waste of money

We had leafguard installed on our newly constructed house 6 years ago in the Seattle area. Service was fine, but be sure to read the warranty... It is guaranteed not to clog, which it never has... but the problem is all the pollen, pine needles, etc. that collect on the top of the gutter and then interfere with the water tension. The result is the water drips (in heavy rain it is like a waterfall) over the front side of the gutter making them useless. So they do not clog, but we have to clean the outside of them twice a year. I was shocked when I saw they had earhed a Good Housekeeping seal of approval since I would not recommend this product.
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
boy do i agree. the same thing with my leaf guard gutters. i have the same problem you do with them. they cost a fortune to put them on your home, but not worth the money.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
We had leaf guard installed, it keeps the leafs out and also keeps most of the water out of the guttering. We have a metal roof and when it rains hard the water goes off the guttering like it is not even there. I told the installer that it was going off the roof like there was no gutter there. It does not work on a metal roof that have a slightly pitched roof. No wonder they have so many complaints. Why have gutters that do not collect the water?? Allen Phifer
 11th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
leaf guard NO GOOD!!! since having leaf guard system installed on my house 2 years ago nothing but PROBLEMS. in heavy rain the water goes off the roof as if there are no gutters at all and in the winter look forward to icicles 3-4 feet long.if your roof has little pitch you can also expect ice dams with water finding its way inside your house! i see a load of complaints on line but no CLASS ACTION SUIT?DONT WAIST YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON LEAF GUARD GUTTERS ! they are very expensive and a complete waste.
 30th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
We have been stuck with out LeafGuard gutters for many years. Guaranteed NEVER to clog? I just spent another hour unclogging them again. We have called to have LeafGuard come and unclog them many times and each time I have to laugh. All they do is remove the downspouts, take your garden hose and rinse them. The pollen and dirt clog the "traps" at the bottom of the downspouts and frequently a fir cone will get inside and really dam things up. If you don't power wash them a couple times a year the pollen and other crud breaks the water cohesion and the water just pours over the top without going into the gutter. Their worst "repair" of a frequently clogging area was to take tin snips and cut the side out of the gutter so it would drain onto the patio roof. A TOTAL WAST OF GOOD DOLLARS FOR TOTALLY CRUMBY SERVICE.
 4th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
what makes me fell that the Leaf Guard product is a scam is the fat guy that advertises it on Charlotte NC TV. I feel like he is stroking me every time that I see the advertising. He goes after the elderly, the bastard, Someone please stop this company
 27th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also had these installed about 1 year ago. I do agree they do not clog but I am from Weymouth Mass and this past winter was really bad for us here. The snow that built up on my roof and the ice when it melted off the roof it damaged a whole section off of my 3 season porch. I called leaf guard to have them come out to replace that section. I had an appointment for yesterday May 26th before 3 pm. By 3:45 no one showed up or called and then on TV there it was the ad for leaf guard so I called them again. The man said I should of gotten a call saying they could not make it for yesterday, which no one called for I was home all day. I told them if I did not get a call back by noon today May 27th I was going to go on line and give them a bad name for not following up with their customers and not calling people back after waiting all day for someone to show up.
I have still not gotten a call and it is now 1:07 pm on Wednesday May 27th. I am so fed up with them that I would not recommend then to anyone. When I got them they showed up right away and installed them and got the whole amount of 5, 000.00 dollars for my whole house which is a single home. It is amazing how fast they were for that but when you need them for replacements or something is wrong no one calls or shows up.
 10th of Sep, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Boy was I sold!!! now I'm told that my small print multi page contract provide a provision for additional charges to fix what was suppose to be a real solution, instead I have damage to the side of my home. It took me two years to save up the moneys the first time and then I didn't have the medical issues I have today. I'm a disabled person who had one very shrewd sales guy tell me that all needed was what I got. Now they want me to spend an addition $150.00 to fix what never should have happened - even the guy that came out to cleaned gutters commented that they should have seen the problem before it began to overflow next to my home. If he knew it why didn't the "knowledgeable" sales guy for these folks know it. Just another bunch of siding sales people. Just BEWARE OF THE SMALL PRINT. Buyer beware... I don't have a clue where I can come up with the money at this point. The Shelby County Sherriff's Department should look into these folks for taking advantage of a foolish trust elderly person.
 17th of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Looking 4 a good company 2 repair? or replace my gutters, after seeing these complaints, I'm not very impressed with this Co.
 24th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
You don't want to buy these gutters. We purchased Englert Leafguard gutters in fall of 2015. We did not have too much snow that winter but the little snow we had forced water behind the gutters so we called about this and service guy how came out said he would contact this boss. We never heard another word from the company. Water behind the gutters is not the worst part. When the curved face of the gutter gets dirty which it does after just a few rains I have to climb up there to wash the front of gutters to keep water from running over front to the ground. In short when the dirt from the roof gets on the curved part of the gutters they no longer work. Remember the stuff you used to clean out of the gutters is now on the outside front of your gutters. I will never trust the Goodhouse Keeping seal again. We got taken for $11, 000 or 55 dollars a foot. We may not be able to sell our home with these gutters on house. Class action suit against Leafguard?
 13th of Aug, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I wish I had read these reviews before I got mine...wow what a sales pitch they have. I am a single person & got them because he guaranteed me the leaves would "blow right off the gutters" they DO NOT & I am still trying to find ways to keep them off. I have one gutter guard that when it rains it is like a river forcing water all over my front porch & creating a horrible wash in front of my door. I was told if they come out to move it I have to pay. I have also called Customer Service twice & was told the "correct management" would call me back...still no word. I have NO idea how they got added to the websites that was helping make correct decisions because I wish I had not spent this large amount of money. Well all of us think we are to smart to be taken advantage of but they got me!!!
 12th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
Don't waste your money like we did...over $5K ! We MUST have them come out at least twice yearly to clean out the gutters...they use our garden hose which is basically ineffective due to our low water pressure. We now have what appears to be mold damage on the front soffit of our home. I will be calling them today to come out to clean out the gutters as well assess the damage. For the next 5 days we are expecting several damaging storms to hit our area. We live in a beach community on Puget Sound at the end of the Key Peninsula in Washington state. It is doubtful our gutters will be up to the task before they arrive to clean them out.

Contact Us