logo

nacons builders
nacons builders complaints
2. (40 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fraud - deducted money without permission
3. (40 mins ago)

LeafGuard

Posted:    EdwJ85

Waste of money

Leafguard
We had leafguard installed on our newly constructed house 6 years ago in the Seattle area. Service was fine, but be sure to read the warranty... It is guaranteed not to clog, which it never has... but the problem is all the pollen, pine needles, etc. that collect on the top of the gutter and then interfere with the water tension. The result is the water drips (in heavy rain it is like a waterfall) over the front side of the gutter making them useless. So they do not clog, but we have to clean the outside of them twice a year. I was shocked when I saw they had earhed a Good Housekeeping seal of approval since I would not recommend this product.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Sep, 2009 by   cym 0 Votes
boy do i agree. the same thing with my leaf guard gutters. i have the same problem you do with them. they cost a fortune to put them on your home, but not worth the money.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   Allen PHIFER 0 Votes
We had leaf guard installed, it keeps the leafs out and also keeps most of the water out of the guttering. We have a metal roof and when it rains hard the water goes off the guttering like it is not even there. I told the installer that it was going off the roof like there was no gutter there. It does not work on a metal roof that have a slightly pitched roof. No wonder they have so many complaints. Why have gutters that do not collect the water?? Allen Phifer
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   tmon9 0 Votes
leaf guard NO GOOD!!! since having leaf guard system installed on my house 2 years ago nothing but PROBLEMS. in heavy rain the water goes off the roof as if there are no gutters at all and in the winter look forward to icicles 3-4 feet long.if your roof has little pitch you can also expect ice dams with water finding its way inside your house! i see a load of complaints on line but no CLASS ACTION SUIT?DONT WAIST YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON LEAF GUARD GUTTERS ! they are very expensive and a complete waste.
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   GeneE 0 Votes
We have been stuck with out LeafGuard gutters for many years. Guaranteed NEVER to clog? I just spent another hour unclogging them again. We have called to have LeafGuard come and unclog them many times and each time I have to laugh. All they do is remove the downspouts, take your garden hose and rinse them. The pollen and dirt clog the "traps" at the bottom of the downspouts and frequently a fir cone will get inside and really dam things up. If you don't power wash them a couple times a year the pollen and other crud breaks the water cohesion and the water just pours over the top without going into the gutter. Their worst "repair" of a frequently clogging area was to take tin snips and cut the side out of the gutter so it would drain onto the patio roof. A TOTAL WAST OF GOOD DOLLARS FOR TOTALLY CRUMBY SERVICE.
 4th of Nov, 2013 by   Greg Mus 0 Votes
what makes me fell that the Leaf Guard product is a scam is the fat guy that advertises it on Charlotte NC TV. I feel like he is stroking me every time that I see the advertising. He goes after the elderly, the bastard, Someone please stop this company

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams