logo

Feldman Law Center
Fradulent Claims to Aquire Clients
4. (12 mins ago)
Direct Buy Membership
Poorly run business and a rip off!
5. (12 mins ago)
SSCSWORLD
A holistic business support from experts

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Rude

LabCorp
www.labcorp.com
I left a voicemail and never received a return call. I went to the office and the lady at the desk was rude and impatient. I was inquiring about special directions my doctor attached to my test and she told me that was Labcorp's business. I remained polite and left. I'm guessing the standard's aren't very high to work there if you can't even get subpart customer service. On top of that she seemed very quick to be defensive which usually means your not on the up and up.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Al Gut in Miami 0 Votes
That's not their only problem. This has got to be one of the worst reference labs in the country. After various visits to their centers, I was so frustrated that I created www.labcorpsucks.com so that others can vent out their feelings.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Kathy 0 Votes
They refused service to my husband this morning if he did
not pay the $10 co-pay. We never pay our co-pay at a lab?
I have put a call in to the Regional Mgr., but who knows if they will even do anything to the emplyee.It a real shame what we have to deal with.
 14th of Aug, 2008 by   myysterri 0 Votes
I am continually bombarded with past due bills from LabCorp. Although I submit a portion, once a month, usually $50, they send letters threatening that they will "turn me over to collections" and will refuse service in the future, if I do not pay in full "immediately".

It is my understanding that if a person shows good faith and pays an amount every month, they have no right to DEMAND payment in full, immediately. Am I wrong in this assumption?

I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding this issue and have as yet, heard nothing back.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB, as well.

This is not a matter of whether or not I can afford the amount. The main contention I have is this was an unexpected charge and for them to think anyone and everyone can come up with their inflated charges, with no advanced warning, is preposterous!
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Annie 0 Votes
Yikes! Last year, my HMO stopped paying for Quest Diagnostics and it wasn't a problem until yesterday. The nearest Labcorp was in the basement of an unmarked residential apartment building on a sidestreet... We went downstairs and passed by rooms filled with random furniture, a microwave, teddy bears and packing material before finding the "lab". The employees were about as nice as anyone in NY, and the technician managed to find my vein without any trouble, but as I looked around, I noticed cardboard boxes were literally being used as furniture. There was nothing around to indicate that this was a place of business. I felt like I was about to become vampire food. It was actually quite scary. I will NEVER go back there.
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   C. SINGLETON +1 Votes
I went to labcorp to have some blood drawn from my daughther. There was about six people waiting. It was my first time visiting this office so I went to the desk to ask the procedure. The gentleman behind the desk said rudely, you have to sign. So I did. after everyone was seen, a young woman came in to sign her name. The person behind the desk then drew a line on the page then said anyone under the line had to wait until after 12 noon.I was already there for 45 mins. so I didn't think that it applied to me. After another 15 mins had past, I asked what was going on. His reply was they were having lunch. I told him that I was already there and that my name was on a different piece of paper which made me before the line. All I got was a blank look in response. Then his answer was ohh. It was? I felt it was very unprofessional. At least the mistake should have been corrected. I didn't even get that. Not to mention the whole time I was there, the phone would ring and a answering machine would pick up. The only thing is that all of the messages were loud where whom ever was in the office heard the whole message. No one should have been able to hear anyones info.
 7th of Sep, 2008 by   PHOENIX lab +1 Votes
Mr or Ms Singleton,

I greatly an sorry you were treated in such a bad way, But I must pass on is this . Most Lab Corp only give there employees 30 mins for lunch and they all don't gop at the same time ; its ussally is one or two Techs at a time that takes there 30 minutes lunch breaks. This problem should be told to the Regional Manger, Now the Phones are not to be on a answering machine durring operation hours . this to should be brought to the attention of the RM .
Again I'm hartfelt sorry that you were given a hard way to go .
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Elizabeth Lintner 0 Votes
I had to use lab corp because that was my insured lab. My doctor sent them an obvious worm filled sample and they didnt even look at it, sending back that it was healthy. IT WAS FILLED WITH LONG EARTHWORM LIKE WORMS FOR GOD SAKE! My doctor agreed that she saw worms before the sample was even sent to verify the breed of parasite. Well, the sample is on its way to quest now for which Im paying out of pocket. Lab corp is a bunch of lazy, rip off artists!
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Heather 0 Votes
My doctor ordered a drug urine screening on me. The urine test was done by Labcorp, who then sent me a bill for $217, FOR A DRUG TEST. I looked up the exact same drug test online to see what others were charging for it. Labsafe.com charged $99 and pfiprepaidlab.com charged $53, down from their retail price of $107.

Labcorp is charging me $217 for a test worth no more than $53. It is more likely only about $20. Drug tests are cheap. You can get one at a clinic for about $5-$10. What a rip-off. When is this country going to get their head out of their ass and realize that by having a profit-driven medical system, we are going to be paying to padd the pockets of doctors, labs, pharmecutical companies, and insurance companies. You're fooling yourself if you think that they really care about your best interests.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   divemaster911 0 Votes
I am a retired DC Police Lieutenant who recently moved to Florida and had to change my health plan. My new doctor sent me to Labcorp for blood work in Palm Coast. After about 45 minutes of waiting, the receptionist advised that I had a $1, 600 balance from two years ago. I advised her that this was the first time I was at Labcorp. Both receptionists became rude and one started mumbling comments under her breath. She gave me a 1-800 number to call. The receptionist could not give me any further information or assistance other than that the bill was owed by someone with my name and date of birth. It took 5 hours of both me and my wife to get through at this number. I was advised that they would look into this and call me back. No one has and I went to another lab. With the little I was given, I was able to put together that a person with the same common name (Michael Smith) and same date of birth owed a bill from Arlington, Ohio, a place that I have never been. I looked this person up and he does exist. The rude and unprofessional display topped off with the lack of response to address this issue will result in me never going back and recommending to everyone I know that they do the same.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   JustMe 0 Votes
I can't even get these people on the phone! This happens every single time I have to call them! They can't possibly be that busy because once they do FINALLY answer, they get you off the phone quick, fast, and in a hurry! It's, "hello, can't help you, goodbye!" They are getting on my last nerve!

I think I will call my insurance company and ask them why they force us to use such imbeciles for such important testing. Why should my hard earned money have to be spent at a place where I'm not even sure any lab results I do get will be correct or not!? After all, they can't even answer their phone, for Pete's sake! Argh!!!

P.S. I don't know who wrote that note above in reference to an apology for the service someone got, but if you truly are a representative of Labcorp, the legibility of your message certainly explains a lot!
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   PST 0 Votes
Management consistently under staffs draw stations, the employees are overloaded with additional duties piled on at no additional pay, one hour lunches are a luxury, breaks are nonexistent, two hour wait times, phones ringing off the hook, not even time for a bathroom break. Sound familiar? You must be a PST for LabCorp.

Why do we do it?

The majority of the PST's I have had the pleasure of working with are courteous, professional, and considerate to the patients even under these difficult working conditions. Excessive wait time hurt both the patient and the PST, no one likes to wait and hour or more for a 10-15 minute procedure. However, the true reality is that the one hour wait time is typical, not by choice but by circumstance. PST's hear your comments, your complaints, your concerns, and yes sometimes your rude remarks. However, we do this job because we care about our patients.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   kaymacal 0 Votes
I went to Labcorp today in San Leandro, East 14th St. and the lady was so rude to me.. I came in said good morning and wrote my son's name on the check in list. Then I said Hi! can I ask a question? and the lady said I will get to you so just take a seat. Then I said " Oh it's just a quick question about what the doctor said about the form". Then she said "Hey! I am busy okay!!! take a seat and I said I will get to you!" At this point I didn't even want to argue anymore and just was shocked at what she said. All she had to do was listen to my simple question and then she can politely say " I can help you with that once I finish with this, please take a seat and I will be with you shortly." You don't yell and say hey to your customer. My gosh! she is dealing with the public... She has to know how to work with people.. I left my opinion in their opinion box... I had to..She was so rude!!! I will never go back to them.. I will tell my son's doctor to refer us to a different lab because they have poor customer service skills. Oh and the question I was about to ask her was about the form for the lab, the Doc told me to mention it right away because she ran out of Lab corp form and had to use Quest Diagnostics form. But like I said... she didn't wanna hear it! Rude! Rude! Rude! is all I can say..
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Gumby 0 Votes
I knew a guy who worked at a place, reading the slides from the blood work by Lab Corp. He was constantly on marijuana, smoked it every day, and was a pretty heavy but so called "functional" drinker too. He often joked about being high when he was at work.

I have also read that the low to high parameter ranges or the results for Medicare patients are wider than for private pay insured people. Meaning that the health care recommendations and referrals based on the results would be different too.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   labcopemployee 0 Votes
Please God, do not get me started I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF LABCORP!!! I have so many grievences with the company. It is beyond ridiculous, I literally could go on for days bitching about the idiots in the corporate world i work for. FUCKING ASSHOLES. I am to the point of contacting a damned lawyer. I am being threatened to be written up for NOT ACQUIRING PEOPLES CREDIT CARD INFORMATION for bills from that day's service! AND lets talk about the staffing. WHAT STAFFING????? NO FUCKING WONDER WE HAVE WAIT TIMES!! does everyone really want me to go on???
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   SGX 0 Votes
Unfortunately all the comments here are right. Labcorp like any corporate outfit follows a very simple formula; Lousy staff, overworked and underpaid = Bad service + Ridiculously high charges = More profit and happy shareholders. Patients? What patients? They don't care about us. Again unfortunately this is what happens when health care becomes a huge profit business with No accountability or checks and balances. You get a bunch of immoral people that start looking for creative ways to make more money and quality tends to always get sacrificed in the process.
My experience with Labcorp resembles most of these accounts. The only difference is I walked out after a long wait and lousy greeting at the door at one of the Plano, TX locations. I refuse to reward Bad service with my hard earned money and I'm thankful that I went in just for routine tests. It's really SAD what healthcare has become in this country and what even sadder is there's not much we can do about it as the same corrupt, ignorant politicians keep getting elected and the same old stupid old song about socialized medicine keep getting played. As most people living near the border with tell you you're much better off going to Mexico or Canada for your healthcare needs.
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   Ms. Phlebotomist 0 Votes
Thank you, PST!
Yes we continue to take the abuse because we feel compelled to care for the public the best we can even though we are overworked, underpaid, understaffed and completely misunderstood at times! I would love to work with you any day but the "Labcorpemployee"...HE/SHE needs a new job. Soon!
We need to ask for the customers credit card and request the Credit Card Collection payment because it helps our company get payment for service up front.
If Labcorpemployee doesn't want to do what is needed, if he bucks the system the whole way and if his attitude toward his employer is picked up on by the customers (which I'm sure it is) I sure hope he either quits soon or is fired. We don't need him, we will just close ranks and work harder without him.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   strongsinglemom 0 Votes
I would like to know if anyone has had any issues with the results of tests done by Labcorp? I've read the story on labcorpsucks.com about the lady whose son's blood samples were switched with another child's sample. Has anyone had any issues with paternity testing? I live in ohio and labcorp just acquired a contract with our state (yes, I am shaking my head-- what was the governor thinking?). I've been told that no one knows of any complaints from ohio residents, because ohio just began using labcorp in july for all types of testing to include paternity testing, not just for forensic testing, as was done in the past. Just looking for some answers on what seems to be a shady company. --
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   strongsinglemom 0 Votes
Hopefully, you don't mind me asking this...what type of tests did labcorp perform for you?
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   JackTexas 0 Votes
Any one been asked for Credit Card "Hold" amount and to sign a release for them to bill you if your insurance does not pay ? - I.E. Medicare and UnitedHealth Supplement were the insurance. Never had been asked before. They refused service UNLESS I gave them credit card even though TWO insurance payers. Is this legal when using Medicare?- they stated they accept assignment from Medicare but still wanted CC. All they had to do was call the toll free number on the back of each Ins. card I would think.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   d. dorsey 0 Votes
I ALSO VISIT A LABCORP LOCATED IN BALTIMORE MARYLAND WHERE THE WORKERS WERE RUDE FROM THE TIME I WALK IN THE DOOR FROM THE TIME I WALK OUT, BECAUSE OF THEIR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE WAY THAT TREATED PEOPLE WITH NO COMPASSION AND NO CONSIDERATION FOR PEOPLE IT WAS SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

Driving Cross Country for Free