logo

Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Settlement Amount Fraud
3. (23 mins ago)
Racknomore.com
Their customer service is poor
4. (26 mins ago)

L'Oreal Paris London Contacts & Informations

L'Oreal Paris London

Posted: 2011-04-02 by    Theresa5430

Revitalift Day face cream

I used Revitalift Day and had a severe allergic reaction. I had to go to hospital. I complained to L'Oreal Paris in London and they paid for examination by a dermatologist, he upheld my complaint, but they refused compensation and said "case closed"! So much for Revitalift Day the MANY wrinkle cream!
Details:"I had a serious facial allergic reaction after using the widely advertised product L’Oreal Revitalift Day “KY 157” in 2010.
I was disabled by this for one week and uncomfortable for a further week.
I went to Waterford Hospital and was treated. I consulted my GP and he was horrified. He sent me to see a consultant Dermatologist who examined me and later carried out about 48 patch tests. He described the allergy to Revitalift as a serious reaction to it. The patches had to be worn for several days and were uncomfortable and made sleeping difficult.
I claimed 504 hours in total of discomfort due to revitalift from L’Oreal in 2010. I find their extensive advertising very misleading and there is no warning on the jar. L’Oreal paid for the consultations I have mentioned.
L’Oreal stated “we do not pay compensation, see your solicitor” !!!
This complaint has been going on for nearly 9 months without satisfactory
resolution.

Comments Ireland Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Nov, 2011 by   Josephine Olaya +1 Votes
I used Revitalift Day milky foam, .advance anti wrinkle & spot corrector bottle, day spf 18 white, and had a severe allergic reaction. I feel shame to go outside my face looks like fry fish, and so ichy.i complain already to Watson jalan changkat.Kuala Lumpur Malaysiai show my face, they told me also that they canot exchange the product. they told me that i will complain to loreal. tomorrow i need to go to hospital.
 22nd of Nov, 2011 by   Theresa5430 +1 Votes
My action against them is still going on!
 22nd of Nov, 2011 by   Theresa5430 +1 Votes
My action against L'Oreal is still going on!
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   lollipop123 +1 Votes
I used L'Oreal Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair on my "smile wrinkles" as a birthday present to myself - I turned 44 a month ago, and within a day of using the product ONLY ONCE, my face swelled up like a balloon and my eyes are almosst swollen shut. I can't see right, and have been seeing a doctor the whole time for it. I wrote to the company, but haven't received a response yet. At this point, seeing as it's affecting my work schedule and income, I'm seeking legal advice as well. There's no reason it should have done this to my face, and I took a photo of me the day befor eusing it, and looked GREAT! After treatment, I look like quasimodo - my face swelled, rashed out red all over, and is hot at points - PLUS the swelling eyes (I only used it around my smile wrinkles). This is utterly unacceptable. My prayers go out to all who are suffering because of their products, and their neglagence in responding and helping cliients who are suffering from it is inexcuseable!! I will NEVER use their products again. Even last night, doing a google search on adverse reactions, I read an article where a lady used their hair dye and went into a coma from an adverse reaction to it - This is getting ridiculous, and we need to stand up against Big Business and hold them accountable for what they're doing. Attached are photos from before using it, and after using their product. NOT FAIR!
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   lollipop123 +2 Votes
here's photos of before using it, and after using it

20th of Apr, 2012 by   Theresa5430 0 Votes
COMPENSATION AT LAST!!!. L'Oreal have at last agreed to pay compensation. However they are quibbling about the amount! One of the large firms of the world who spend millions on advertising won't pay out a modest amount of money!
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   Theresa5430 0 Votes
@ Iron Muffin: you are biassed against the consumer! On my jar of Revitalift Day there is no recommendation for a skin test! Get your facts straight and understand the extreme suffering and hospital treatment involved.
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by   Theresa5430 0 Votes
@ Iron Muffin: you are still biassed against the consumer! Of course there should be a recommendation for a skin test! Get your facts straight and understand the extreme suffering and hospital treatment involved.If common sense requires a test then there is a need for a test and so bad reactions are quite common and these should be publicised as a warning. L'Oreal agents know this and so the consumer is left in ignorance.
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   Cinmin 0 Votes
I received this product sent to me as a sample and am so regretful that I ever put it on my face. As like lollipop I now have the worst reaction all around my mouth and even the top of my eyebrows. It is swollen and red with little tiny bumps and so irritating. Upon doing much more research, this is a common allergic reaction with this product. I wish I had never used it and I can only hope it goes away.
 9th of Dec, 2012 by   Kiki2012 0 Votes
I got allergic reaction exact same as Ms.lollipop123. I hope the swollen goes away asap. I can not live like this. (Cry)
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   loulou30 0 Votes
I too now have the more itchiest and red face and is all scaley. So embarrased to even go outside. I only used the product once and 4 days later im still soooo uncomfortable and itchy around my face with swelling on the eyes. :(
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   Tasha31 0 Votes
There should definitely be a lawsuit against L'oreal. I bought my Grandmother the cream. She used it at night. The next day she woke up and her face was swollen, it looked as if she gained 30 pounds in her face, her eyes were closed shut. She could barley open them. We had to bring her to the hospital and they said it was from L'oreal face and neck cream. This product is very dangerous please don't buy this. You will Regret it.
 7th of Aug, 2013 by   MrsStevens -1 Votes
This just happened..I am Indian living in US... I have interviews tomorrow and the day after.
I got the undereye revitalift ..I shouldn't have..I am 30..I didn't need it..I have always been a Clinique user..
My undereye is swollen with deep wrinkles which I never had, the pores have opened up and my whole face has bumps and red rashes now. What the hell do I do now... I am so upset... need to get together and filw a lawsuit against L'oreal... this is preposterous. :-( omg I hope this goes away... I am afraid to sleep.
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   Maxxy 0 Votes
I've just had severe allergic reaction to Revitalift. This is horrific!
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   Maxxy 0 Votes
I am willing to get together with anyone who wants to take action against L'oreal, they must not be allowed to get away with harming us in this way. This product is dangerous!
 31st of Aug, 2013 by   Rosi P 0 Votes
I have used this product twice now and both times I have suffered the same reaction that I am reading about on this log. The first time I thought I had sunburn as I had been sitting in the garden. My face was bright red and swollen. I used the product again last Wednesday early evening and a couple of hours later the itching started. I woke up the next day (so Thursday) and my face was swollen and my eyes mere dots in my face - not good as I was starting my holiday in Mallorca on that day. Today is Saturday and there is no sign of it abating - in fact I look worse than before. I managed to get hold of some anti-histamine pills yesterday but frankly they aren't doing much good yet. Has anyone got any suggestions for what I should ask for (in Spanish if possible...!). This is ruining my holiday and making me feel quite ill. I would also be interested in suing L'Oreal if there is an appetite building for getting together to do this.
 2nd of Sep, 2013 by   Maxxy 0 Votes
You need to see a doctor Rosi and get checked out as soon as possible.
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   Maxxy 0 Votes
For people living in the UK L'oreal Revitalift SPF30 is being investigated by Trading Standards and you must either report this directly to them or email CAB consumer advice (Citizens Advice Bureau) and explain in detail what has happened to you after using this cream. Revitalift SPF30 contains a preservative called Methylisothiazolinone (MI or MIT for short), which top dermatologists have warned L'oreal and other manufacturers to remove from their products as they say there is now an "epidemic" caused by this stuff. L'oreal have chosen to ignore this warning and have not even bothered to put a warning or recommendation to do a patch test on the box! Revitalift SPF30 also has a host of fragrances in it which are on an EU list of 26 fragrances known to cause skin allergy in some people and they are recognised consumer allergens.
 29th of Nov, 2013 by   Tinker8 0 Votes
After using revitalift 10 I suffered a terrible reaction, swollen puffy, red, hot face.Not realising at first it was the cream I applied more in the hope of soothing my face. Yeah stupid I know. I didn't think it was possible for my face to swell even more but it did. I found by trial and error vaseline and piriton helped the best. I cannot believe this product is on sale. Apart from the discomfort I had time off work (no pay therefore for me) and didn't leave the house for a few days. I also had an excema outbreak on my face possibly due to the allergic reaction (I have never before had a excema outbreak on my face, I am 48). It is now 6 weeks later and my face is nearly normal, just several pink spots where the worst of the swelling was.
 15th of Sep, 2014 by   12345LM 0 Votes
I too have just had a bad reaction after using the product once. I emailed loreal but they haven't responded. I think I'll email trading standards as the product is still as bad a year after your posts. I'm hoping it'll go away quickly. I've tried piriton and my gp has recommended steroid cream.

How to Save on Life Insurance