logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
2. (5 mins ago)
Tagged Team Annual Lottery Promo 2011
Rita Collins, William Li, Dr. George Hu, Mr. Ro Many, Barrister Sok Hung
3. (13 mins ago)
University of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group
Class Action Law Suit: Misuse of Title IV Funds and Accounting Practices: Unethical business practices : Scam and Fraud
4. (28 mins ago)
constant telemarketing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kmart/Sears Holdings, Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - pension

Kmart/Sears Holdings Contacts & Informations

Kmart/Sears Holdings

Posted: 2012-11-20 by    Lynne Weaver

pension

Kmart/Sears holdings
1687 Wolverine
Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Phone: 906-259-7099
I worked for Kmart for 33 years and after a serious accident where I was forced to retire, I applied for my pension. I have received 2 sets of paperwork at 2 separate addresses, showing incomplete information. I sent the final completed copies in mid-September and called again in October to verify that my pension was being processed. I was told that my pension check would be processed 45 days from the date of my last completed documents and the calculated date was for November 19, 2012. The person on the phone verified that everything was completed. I called on November 20, 2012 to ask why my check wasn't deposited and was given a new story. They claim that the final paperwork wasn't received until late October which would be a lie. After being persistent in asking for a date of when I would get my check, she finally said 'probably after January 1st because the last useless representative claims I didn't send the final paperwork until the late October date. I have had to delay payments for a hospital bill because of Kmart's lies to me and of course the hospital put me in the credit bureau because they don't believe me anymore. I asked to speak to someone hire up and was transferred reluctantly. I don't expect to get a call back. I have searched the Kmart/Sears website to see if I can send an email or make a call but there is no contact information. I tried their feedback option but it is only for merchandise or stores. I tried their 'help' but it only provides a blank page. Is there a chance that I am not going to get the pension I worked for? i defended Kmart for many years out of loyalty but not anymore and I will never shop there out of loyalty again either.
Lynne Weaver
Comments United States Savings & Investments
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Nov, 2012 by   kwife 0 Votes
It sounds like you are talking about two different subjects. If you were vested in the pension, the company is offering 5200 former employees a lump sum payment to reduce their pension liabilities. We received a letter saying if we wanted it, to submit paperwork by 11/19 and a check would be disbursed in December 2012. If you were applying for monthly benefits, you may have submitted two types of paperwork. That can't do both. You have to pick one or the other. I would call them and explain what you did after you figure it out. They are probably taking ALOT of calls regarding the lump sum payout, and didn't bother to ask you pertinent questions. 'Hope that helps.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   inneedof cash 0 Votes
when are the lump sum checks being mailed? I was orgianlly told all checks would go on december 1st, now i called, one person said they have started mailing so i called back and another said mailing dec 17?
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   kwife 0 Votes
They originally said they would be mailed "sometime in December 2012." I called the other day, and they said they could still not tell us when, only that it would be in September. My husband joked that they would probably send them out at 11:59 p.m. on December 31st! It would be nice to get them before Christmas! :)
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   kwife 0 Votes
Sorry, that should say December!
 4th of Dec, 2012 by   Pcmnqn 0 Votes
I have called several times on mine and have been told a different answer every time. One agent said they were mailing them dec. 1st. Another agent said end of December and another said they were being sent in batches. So apparently none of them know. It is very frustrating.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
Same story year im going crazy not knowing, , , , hope not spam, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   tangel 0 Votes
who have you called?
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
CALLED 18883651232 IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE THEY WILL NOT TELL WERE CHECKS ARE COMING FROM
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   kwife 0 Votes
I don't know what the big deal is. It's common knowledge that they offered it to 5200 employees. They were also contributing 230 million. So, it's either there or it isn't. Once your paperwork is filed, they should be able to say We're mailing it on such and such a date. Ah, bureaucracy...
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
just asking as anyone heard anything got there this bullshit its x-mas saided the 1st dec
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   kwife 0 Votes
They had to figure if they were sending it anytime in December people would be hoping it would be before Christmas. I know we're not supposed to make assumptions, but they should put themselves in someone else's shoes. We planned on paying off some bills and having the extra monthly $ for better insurance. Well, we had to sign up for the insurance in October, on the promise that the $ was coming. Sigh.
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
now there saying that u may have it on 17th, , , , this bull TY KMART NOT HAVING ARE BACK ONCE MORE, , , , , MARRY X-MAS
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   inneedof cash 0 Votes
they told me that we should have on or after december 17th this morning, but i have heard on or after in my life, "usually on or before"...they are coming from a trustee and said they have no mailing info. If we are supposed to receive around the 17th, i would think they have had to mail them by now. Also, the message on the 888-365-1232 number has now changed, hopefully this means they were finally sent.
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
I know I just call to. The guy told me about same that he think that they should be mail out and coming from Minnesota NOW, not Chicago ILL POST IF I GET it PZZZ if anyone does post it
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   lbijersey 0 Votes
We also called today and were told that we should receive the check before the 17th, that the checks were mailed!
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   tangel 0 Votes
Great news! Please post if you receive yours and I will do the same. Thanks!
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   Pcmnqn 0 Votes
I called this morning and the message said they didn't have any information on the date other then December. But I'm goona hope for the 17th. I have been really anxious and have been checking my mail on my lunch break. It's been a rough year going through a divorce and this would be such a blessing to give my kids a really nice Christmas this year. Looking forward to seeing the first post from someone who gets theirs...crossing my fingers and praying for all of us...
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   Pcmnqn 0 Votes
Sorry I don't know what happened to my previous post.
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   ROSE80IND 0 Votes
been looking all over web no new I hope we all get it for x-mas it really will be Christmas miracle. FIRST STORE IM GOING TO KMART, , , , , , ,
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   inneedof cash 0 Votes
i do not think the checks have been mailed yet, i called again this morning...same story on or after dec 17..if not rec by 12/27 call, they for 10 mailing days, leading me to beleive they probably are not going out until this weekend

Train Fares Increase for 2013