Misleading advertisement!

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).
Complaint comments Comments (633) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful?

3rd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Kmart - Poor service!

I was buying back to school clothe on clearance 1/2 of the stuff ranup higher than the regular price. The other stuff came up with the wrong naming on the item. When the casher told me that the prices for the clothe were correct and that the were not on clearance i told them to go check and they said they could not find any more of that kid of item and would not be able to change the price. Then i told them to see that the same item in a smaller size was less and was on clearance that i got it in the same rack, then they ran up only 1 item to match the same item in the smaller size this will be my last time shopping in Kmart. If they can not even keep trake of the correct merchandise under the correct upc code. I had to wait 15 min. and only 1 casher was working there was a big line. Bad service. Will not shop there again!
 20th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Kmart is the worst store to shop in Phila. and surrounding areas. They advertise items on sale and when you go to the store it's never their. It's always on the truck coming in next day is what I'm told. Also the help in customer service is the worst too. I can't say anything about Kmart at all.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
The guy at lay-a-way was kind of snappy as I was putting in my lay-a-way. He practically slung a shirt at me that I didn't notice was on clearance. But, the cashier up front was as nice as could be. You need more employees like her. Also, I was told on my receipt I;d have a chance at wining a $2500 giftcard for completing a survey. I never could find the survey.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I understand what this customer has gone through, but my question is on my register receipt. There is a chance to win a $2.500 Kmart gift card, but I'll be dam I CAN'T find this website, kmartfeedback.com that is on my receipt. Advise smb!
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have just "tried" K-Mart again, and I am once again disappointed. The receipt has an address/ website that I could possibly win a $2500 gift card by registering online. True to form K-Mart disappoints, I rarely complain and I only spend my time complaining here because it will probably be my last time shopping at K-Mart. I have never been able to get an advertised "great sale" when I go into any K-Mart. Just two days ago, 11-19-07, I finally got 1 of 2 remaining comforter sets , king size, in blue ( the only color left, and not my desired choice) and when I asked for any chance to get a green, beige or white comforter set, I was given a strange look and a probable "NO". K-Mart never has enough stock, or variety, and I am told by one employee that the employees usually scoop up the "deals" first, but thats O.K. because I still have Target, Wal-mart and Kohl's nearby, and I am probably going to return the BLUE comforter set, and wait for one of the other competing stores to carry a competing item. Shopping at K-Mart is a tainted experience.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am also have a hard time finding kmartfeedback.com what if anything am I doing wrong... Thank you.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have a complaint. I tried to get to kmartfeedback.com and can not get it. WHY!!!
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I tried to do the survey and all I could find was this complaint board. What does Kmart want people to only complain about them or is this false advertisement. So where is the $2500.00 really at.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have also been trying to find the kmartfeedback.com website!
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
$2,500.00 I cannot find. Not unusual. I am always disappointed whenever I drive 30 miles to Kmart.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I could not fine the website towing the $2500.00. My experience with K-Mart in Columbus, GA is great. I purchase all my prescriptions there and the people are always so nice and helpful I just hope they are always there for me. I would not want to purchase my medications any where else.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have spent some time trying to find this Kmartfeedback.com site, no such luck. I am a person of limited patience when it comes to these types of things. To me this is FALSE ADVERTISING. You cannot find let alone get to this site to give your feedback. My question is "Is there really a chance to win a $2,500.00 gift card or is this just a sales gimick"? I am really shocked.... K-MART you have some explaining to do.....
I bought a few things at KMart in Statesville NC
when I got home and started to check mt list I found
that I had been charged more for a shirt then it was marked and this wasn't a shirt on sale.
The shirt number was 82837616898
the ticket was $8.99 and the cash register receipt
has it as $13.99. I intent to take it back to the Statesville store and talk to the manager and not only do I expect to get my money but to be paid for my time and GAS.

Brenda Walker
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had a great visit to K-mart, but it seems that I am and others are in a non-directional loop that gets us to your usual complaint site. Is the one with the $2,500 gift card set up yet? There is no place to enter the 19 digit receipt number.

I also had no success in trying to add some reward points to my account when I followed directions. It was in a fruitless loop.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been trying to do a online Feedback for days, it does not work.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had a pleasant experience shopping at K-Mart. Just had to wait in line a while because only 2 check outs were open when about 10 people standing in each line.
Everything was good.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I went to kmart twice on 11/20/07 and also tried to find the survey to do (2 chances to win a $2500 kmart gift card). Nowhere to be found. Isn't this called false advertisement?
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
It seems that I am not the only one to complain about the kmartfeedback survey. Will we hear from you within 7 days? I love shopping at kmart but this is not good for the rep.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am trying to enter feedback contest. My experience was good.

Kmart Stores Logo Kmart Stores