logo

REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICE,
NOT YET RECEIVED MY BIKES RC BOOK
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Chase Bank
Closed my account without notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Cole

Fraud and scam

Keller Williams Realty
kw.com
I purchased a house in July 2006, using the services of two Keller-Williams agents - Deborah Bigby and Travis Westry. During the transaction, the agents received material facts about the foundation of the property which were not presented to me. In November, 2006 after noticing cracks around my doors, windows, and walls I had my home assessed by PowerLift and RamJack and found that the foundation needed repair. I immediately called Ms. Bigby who promised 'we will get your house fixed.'

After a few months I realized that Ms. Bigby had no intention of having my foundation repaired. I wrote the Attorney General, who referred my complaint to the N. C. Real Estate Commission. After a thorough, lengthy investigation by Mr. Stephen Fussell, a December 2008 meeting of the N. C. Real Estate Commission determined that realtors Deborah Bigby, Travis L. Westry and Wayne H. Hankins had violated the provisions of G. S. 93A of the Commission. Incidentally, before the Commission could rule against Ms. Bigby in my case, her license was revoked in another case.

Armed with Consent Orders against Mr. Travis Westry whereas his license was revoked, and Mr. Wayne Hankins, whereas his license was suspended, legal representation was engaged to offer a settlement to Raleigh Partners, Inc. dba Keller-Williams. Keller-Williams refused to settle, even after numerous attempts by legal representation.

Since December 2007, I have attempted to bring resolution to this problem, by means of appropriate protocol, waiting for the investigation to reveal what I knew was fact.

The Keller-Williams website professes 'using integrity when dealing with customers and making sure their needs come first. By their actions-or rather inaction, in this situation, Keller-Williams has not shown integrity; at the very least, they could be seen as condoning their realtors' questionable actions.

This may seem like merely another complaint in a long line of ones where big business had taken advantage of the customer, but my goal is bigger than merely the repair of my foundation. As two of the aforementioned realtors have been charged with unsavory misconduct in other cases, it shows that I am neither the first nor the only person who has had trouble with them.

The history of questionable conduct of Raleigh Partners, Inc. dba Keller-Williams should be made public so that other consumers will not have to endure an ordeal such as this one.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2010 by   George BUrdell 0 Votes
Worst Full service agent ever
This was my worst experience with a "full service agent" ever
The bare facts:

1. The agent I hired did not show up for the inspection
2. The agent I hired did not show up for the walk through
3. The agent I hired did not show up for the closing.
4. The agent I hired gave me a $500 rebate when I expected $5390 and was promised.
5. When the agent was made aware of the problems, she said it was not her problem and told me not to contact her anymore.
6. Emails and phone to the broker she referred me to too took up to 10 days for a response or were simply ignored
7. Emails and phone calls to Keller Williams corporate office in Texas went unanswered.
8. The inspector the agent recommended missed some very obvious problems. He was so embarrassed he offered a refund.
 8th of Jun, 2013 by   alwaysthetruth 0 Votes
I've seen tremendous fraud on the part of Keller Williams, including a perjured declaration regarding equity, where they conveniently omitted the larger of the deeds of trust. It looks like they push houses through escrow (need to see if there are bogus escrow companies connected with Keller Williams), pretending that the encumbrances are a fraction of what they are, but then the buyers likely find the house they thought they got a good deal on is in terrible undisclosed condition and subject to encumbrances they weren't told about.

Read these articles:http://mostblackedout.blogspot.com/2013/06/were-you-taken-in-by-fraudulent-real.html

Simple Breakfast Foods That Keep You Healthy