logo

Branson's Nantucket
false advertising
4. (16 mins ago)
www.nycoptics.com
truly appreciate the ease of using your website
5. (34 mins ago)
GLOBAL COURIER SERVICE COMPANY LONDON. UNITED KINGDON
regarding to get lottery prize

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Keiser University, Orlando, Florida Complaints & Reviews - misleading students!

Keiser University Contacts & Informations

Keiser University

Posted:    Raffy

misleading students!

Keiser university and others
Orlando, Florida
Phone: 4074030824
I have to seriously object to what these institutions are doing to students today, both the schools and the medical facilities and there lying doctors...my wife signed up for the medical assistant classes at Keiser U in orlando...you know medical assistant the position that is sweeping the country right now!..."yeah right!!!" she completed this course with top honors a 3.8 GPA finish with flying colors..at this point we believed like many that we were on our way...oh boy to our surprise..my wife leaves her job of couse... because they require you to take there externship for two FREE month's, now like many out there believe if you prove yourself somehow and you do everything correct you will be hired on the spot by theses clinics or hospital..well don't you believe it, the first clinic my wife was sent to was one in winter park privately owned, they took my wife in and practically told her they may have a position, but as the training went by my wife noticed they weren't teaching her much and current employees were threaten by her presence there thinking she was there to take there job or something...my wife called keiser they said ok finish there then we will send you somewhere else...when she finished there, she was literally interviewed by a doctor on Alafaya trail next to UCF...he told the school he had positions availiable..so my wife goes we are excited he saids she was a fast learner bla..bla..bla...he was going to teach her everything in his clinic well the month went by and when the wifey finished the doctor told her...that he was not that busy and that he can call her to come in sometime...this was a shock...i mean where is the protection for students...doctors are clearly lying to schools to get free labored help in there clinics, and schools are not exposing these schools and saying to them please don't waste our time if your not going to properly teach and seriously offer a job to at least one of our graduates...
someone is benefiting from this fiasco, the school the doctors etc...not the student!...there are medical assistance out there working in walmarts, and other places other than M.A. this is dangerous, many can forget what they have done and really make mistakes in the field...but that's not all...the Medical facilities with all there wisdom and support...throw ads saying they want M.A.'s with degrees, certification which the schools gives you 4 months after you've completed your extership if they don't screw up and leave you out the list like they did my wife recently, but anyway some of these clinics are asking two, and now three years of experience...because they know that the gov't is going mad crazy and giving hundreds of minorities loans for this field by the boat loads...yeah...you want to get in on the action...not if they can help it...these vo-tech schools are suppose to study the markets...offering what is hot and staying away with what is not...M.A.'s is NOT!...but they continue to issue loans at record pace to students knowing real well they have old students not being hired in the field especially with six other colleges offering the the same classes with large amounts of students...i mean the jobs are not there...to me that is fraudulant and misleading...no one should have to graduate from a school with high honors to be rejected and told they have no experience...and be stuck with a loan of $25 grand or more and un-employed, the school must protect old and new students from these lying doctors and private clinics, and bust there asses to assist in getting jobs for there students, instead of loans to study a dead end field not grabbing there half of the gov't check and leave you out there to burn by yourself, they tell her keep sending resumes, resumes, after resumes...but still nothing only the next group of M.A.'s going to the same doctors who tell the school send me more students please we need more free slaves..."i mean"... more potential keiser students..lol...man what a waste of time and money that was!...Keiser please step up and help these students and stop wasting there time!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2010 by   jd007 0 Votes
Sounds like the school was trying to help still. How is this a scam? No college can give you a job, not even FSU, UM or UCF.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   DONT GO TO KEI"Scam"ER 0 Votes
Very true i went to Keiser University located in South Florida, Pembroke Pines to be exact, for OTA Program. From the very beginning it seemed like a scam classes were beyond easy and when i started i was told to do 8 Pre-Requisite classes then i would continue into the program. Later on to find out i had to wait over a year before i could even begin those classes . On top of that after my fifth class i started questioning the Dean, Admission counselors and teachers about a wait list which they all told me there was no list that i speak of and that i had nothinng to worry about. Keiser University and 90% of the workers at that "school" are all fraud and in it to just get your money and get you out the door. I am currently trying to file a class action law suit but no attorney wants any part of it which they claim is because the school makes you sign such an enormous amount of papers before you start which all are a bunch of loop holes, so please dont go to Keiser or any other "schools" like this all it will do is put you in great debt and have nothing to show for it.
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   auroraivy 0 Votes
I agree with jd007. There isn't a school out there that can promise you a job. If they do THAT is a scam. Especially in this market, which in 2010 existed almost like it does now, though it is hitting a larger number of people.

When applying for any school you need to read the fine print. I am not advocating Keiser in this sense but you can't expect a separate institution to force another institution to hire someone. It doesn't work that way. Most times the externship does NOT equal permanent placement. I do know that Keiser does have a large chunk of their Student Services division specifically set aside to help in job placement.

Bottom line: NO College/University can guarantee a job. Period.
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   carol1970 0 Votes
Hello, Guys, Students

If some one from Keiser University Orlando Campus has problems with debt in loans, and this people stole money please contact at my personal email, am going to suin this campus, for all false information to the freshmen students, and all trickyyyyy for new students. Keiser University has a lot complaint not just orlando campus, sarasota tampa, miami, ft lauderdale too. soo if someone can be in this lawsue, contact me, the Dept of Education has knowledge about this. and the next step is Florida Attorney General Office, please contact me at gbb1965@yahoo.com, and in subject identfied that is for Keier Complaint

Thanks
Mrs. Lopez
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   ARNP 0 Votes
I am a Masters trained nurse seeing patients on my own. I had to do clinical rotations like every other health care field, including medical students. Everyone knows that clinical rotations are just that...a rotation. It is required and no one owes you a job. I know students from Keiser University who obtained jobs immeidately after graduation. I also know good Medical Assistants are still in demand. Because of the competition to get into schools, some students do not want to wait for a traditional university. Many students do not qualify. I can tell from some of the comments above, that qualifications may have been an issue. The comments are not mature or realistic. Word to the wise: Do not have your spouse speaking or writing on your behalf. This is frowned upon in the adult world. Also don't threaten frivilous lawsuits. The medical community is very small and word gets around. There is no such thing as absolute privacy. Also, be careful about slandering people. Attempting to ruin a person's or organization's reputation annonymously only shows why you may not have been successful in the first place. Schools like Keiser play an important role in reducing the wait time for students who are truly dedicated and motivated.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   clay turner 0 Votes
keiser is nothing more than for profit school
 11th of Jul, 2014 by   Crazy Momma 0 Votes
My daughter was promised the world when she went to Keiser to discuss the nursing program. She was originally suppose to get into the nursing program in Sept., then it was changed to January, today she was told she probably won't be able to get into the program until Sept. 2015 and she should go into another program so she won't have to start paying back her loan. I told her they don't care a hoot about her, they just want her money and it makes no sense to start another program just so you won't have to start paying back a student loan because that is only going to add more debt when she does stop going there. They have her brain washed that after she finishes one of the other 3 programs they offered her, she would be able to go into the nursing program. She is a single mother who trusted and believed everything she was initially told. I only hope I can talk some sense into her!
 18th of Jul, 2014 by   carol1970 0 Votes
People my advice going to Fl Attorney General Office, and put a complaint agains this university or campus because Now my son need to paid for some loans that he never took, he just sign for one and now show in his credit 5 students loans.

2nd thing, Call to the dept of education in WA make a complaint agains this intitution.
 21st of Sep, 2014 by   Sha 0 Votes
Thank you for the info. I'am glad I didn't sign the promissory note they keep calling me about to attend their doctorate program.
Thank you so much...