logo

scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Juniper Bank Complaints & Reviews - Do not do business with these bank!

Juniper Bank Contacts & Informations

Juniper Bank

Posted:    Dr. Edith Webber

Do not do business with these bank!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK. If you have a Credit Card account, pay it off IMMEDIATELY. This Bank is a RIP-OFF. I was directed to this Bank when I bought an Apple Computer. From day one, I had suspicions because they were vague about when to make my first payment. Secondly, when I made a internet payment, they were very slow to post it to the account. I called and asked to change my payment date, no can do, says a rep. I then checked online to see what others had to say. I was shocked! Paid the thing off to a zero balance, and canceled the Card. You should do the same. Beware, only a fool would do business with this Bank!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2007 by   Denise Winter 0 Votes
A year ago I accepted a card with a minimum of $300, the same thing, mailed late to miss the due date, or slow in processing led me to be over the limit and late fee and at that time I was already having financial troubles. I called to cancel the card and it isn't so each month they charged the late fee and overlimit fee having it go up to $1300. They are acting like I never spoke to anyone, and have found my sister in laws number which is not the same last name, my husband's cell phone harassing him and asked if he had a lawyer, I was told they aren't allowed to come up with such numbers to contact me, I work 11-7 full time so I am never on the phone and besides I have already spoken to them the minute everything went wrong and they did not cancel the card. It is hurting the poor working class people, I could pay at the time the small minimum payment but they have a scam going on here. I have been praying... I can only trust in God about these evil doers that trap innocent people.
 1st of Oct, 2007 by   PinkyD 0 Votes
I had an error in processing my payment. I bit the bullet and paid the late fee. and the other staff were kind enough to work wth me. Low and behold, my account was charged a finance charge of an extra 24+ dollars as even though i added the late fee in the payment, they still charged me interest on the late fee. They have been a bad company, a rip off from the beginning, and they changed my interest rate from about 18 to 34.4% in one month. With no apology and no willingness to change. This is a fraud company and should be penalized by local law enforcemtn agencies and the govt. for the stealing/thievery . their customer service is not equipped to answer a question correctly. and of course there is no number to headquarters they are willing to give only an address...
 10th of Oct, 2007 by   Debra Neff 0 Votes
I had received a call on my cell phone from this company claiming to be Frontier Airlines Credit Card and that a transaction had occurred on my account and that I needed to call this number 866-390-3441 to confirm the transaction. When I called the number it asked me for the last four of my social and did not recognize then asked me for my entire social security number. I do not have any credit card accounts therefore I entered a bogus number and finally spoke to a customer rep. He claimed he was with Juniper Bank. They are merely fishing for personal information to get you to sign up for an account. Do not call this number if you receive a call and do not have an account. Also, when you call the number it does not clearly state what company they are only when you talk to a rep do you find out what company they are with.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by   James 0 Votes
Juniper is a company that will damage your credit considerably even if your account has never been late or over it's balance or delinquent in any way. Further more when confronted with the damage they have done you get stone walled by customer service who try to suggest that theres no way to talk to the credit department or to escalate a situation to the next higher authority. Even if you called and spoke with the credit department in the past you will suddenly be told that it doesn't exist.

One way that juniper damages individuals credit ratings even on perfect accounts is by using a bait and switch opening limit. When you get a line of 2ooo.oo then spend 200.00 and juniper then drops your credit limit to 225.00 you are now maxed out and using 100% of your available credit essentially. This can be very damaging to an individuals fico, bottom line is juniper doesn't care.
 5th of Jan, 2008 by   chris f 0 Votes
If you are trying to send a payment to Juniper/Barclays and you might run late, it's best to use Western Union Quick Collect, its a $13 fee, but they will have the money posted the next business day. City Code: Barclaycard, State: DE. REMITCO handles all of the PO Box payments for Juniper/Barclays and they are owned by First Data, Juniper has nothing to do with the payments. First Data also owns Western Union, so in essence the payments are going directly to REMITCO and they send Juniper/Barclays the wire to their bank account, which is probably offshore in Europe. The company responsible for the payments is REMITCO a company contracted by Juniper/Barclays so I don't think payments are being held intentionaly to cause late fees.
 9th of Jan, 2008 by   Larry Flores 0 Votes
I TOTALY AGREE. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. I HAVE OTHER CREDIT CARDS AND THIS IS THE ONLY ONE WHO WILL HIT YOU WITH A LATE FEE FOR PAYING EARLY. I CONTACTED MASTER CARD AND ASKED THE ABOUT THE BUSINESS PRACTICES OF JUNIPER AND THEY WERE UNCONCERNED. I TOLD THEM I WILL NEVER USE MASTER CARD AGAIN. ONCE I GET THIS PAID OFF I WILL CANCEL IT AND CUT IT UP IN TINY PIECES AND SEND IT TO THEM.
 10th of Jan, 2008 by   Gail Truess 0 Votes
I cancelled my card today. I had perfect credit until doing business with this USAir/Mastercard from Juniper Bank. They very questionable practices of charging late fees and finance charges. Do not do business with them. It will cost you!
 15th of Jan, 2008 by   tom cloutier 0 Votes
I ran into a credit card bind, as so many have these days. So I contacted a credit card service who negotiated with my creditors to accept some payment each month, Juniper among them. This went on for 5 months, 5 months of Juniper accepting the partial payments, showing, I thought, a good will effort on my part. Yesterday i was contacted by the credit counseling company to say that Juniper passed my account to a collection agency and they are demanding a much larger payment than Junpier was receiving. Their attitude: Pay or leagal action will follow. I Juniper was going to pull such an unjust deal as this, why did they accept to work with me in the first place?
 12th of Feb, 2008 by   Nannette 0 Votes
I have a Juniper card and I absolutely love it. I can get my transrisk score at any time, I pay early all the time, and never get charged a fee for that. It has a really low interest rate too.
I have had it for about a year no problems.
 16th of Feb, 2008 by   Kelly 0 Votes
I agree with Nannette.
I use my Juniper credit card ALL of the time.
Never had any problems with them...I pay ontime.
I like the fact that they email me everytime my transrisk score changes.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Kimberlie 0 Votes
I agree with Nanette and Kelly. I have had this account for 2 yrs and have never had a problem. I was issued an instant approval of $1750.00, always receive mail and email from them, payments are credited promptly, and the few times I have had a question, it was taken care of at the first level of customer service.(Although the Indian accent was a little hard to understand at first.) Just a few days ago, I received an increase without asking to $2700.00! Only 11.99%. That's great for someone with a bankruptcy in '04!
 17th of May, 2008 by   goran 0 Votes
I don, t know where you people come with all this problems with Juniper, they send me application for last 10 months, finaly I said ok, get credit limit of $ 3500, with 7.99 APR, 3 months with them, never got any problem, not single one
 18th of May, 2008 by   Robert 0 Votes
This company sucks BAD! I was offered up to 15, 000, recieved only 5, 000, so I told them to keep it! Too late, A credit card was already on its way via US mail. I said that I would cut the card in half, if you would contact the Credit Bueaus and remove/cancel
your inquires on my behalf. They didn't do it..I lost seven points on my credit score!!! The account shows active on my credit report, however it is closed. I am now writting the President of this company- notifying the BBB and filing a complaint- and launching a dispute with all three Credit Bureaus.. Just Say No!
 19th of May, 2008 by   johnathan 0 Votes
I have had an active account with them for about 4 years. When I applied, via an application at my local RaceTrack gas station, I was issued a 4, 000 credit line. I can honestly say I have never had a single problem with the company at all. I am shocked to see all the complaints, but I have none. I pay my bill online from my checking account so I don't have to mail in a payment and I have never been late.

I love this company.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   Jan Maratty 0 Votes
This site will not let me finish my complaint. It keeps deleting my comment. Be sure you fill out the consumer affairs complaint form. This bank is a joke, even my BAC talked with them and they do not consider any consumer anything. They are just a big scam as is Vonage. Stay away from them and their associates.
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   Bob 0 Votes
I got a call from Shaniqua or Sha-ne-ne that was very rude. Must have been a bad day in the hood for her because she was acting like she was incharge of the whole company and it was her money. They posted the payment a week after I made the payment. This complany sucks and they are rude.
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   rell 0 Votes
I agree that this company in my opinion does not provide good customer service. I paid twice in one month thinking that the payment I made at the end of the month would cover the next month’s bill. They applied both payments for the month of April and then charged me a late fee for not having my payment in for May. When I called they wouldn't remove the fee, they wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor, they reduced my available credit and jacked my APR up to 29.99. I paid off the account and then canceled, but since I paid it off in full two days after the closing date I have just been hit with an 11.00 dollar finance charge which I did not know about because I paid off the balance. Now a late payment charge has been added. I still owe the motherFers 51.00 dollars after I thought the account was closed. Beware it has been my experience that they care nothing about good customers or good customer service and I believe that my credit has suffered from doing business with this company. If you are going to have this card pray there are no mistakes and no problems because if there are you probably won't get much help.
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   Vince L 0 Votes
Barclays Bank Us Airways Card

I agree with all of the negative comments regarding Juniper Bank, but it should be directed towards its parent bank, Barclays Bank. Over the years, I have dealt with many banks reagrding my credit cards. They all have been forgiving if a payment was late, this is the first and only time in 20+ years that a bank has been unwilling to waive its loanshark - usury late fees
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   beingrippedoffstill 0 Votes
I only had the card 2 months.I only used it for a 19.95 charge.I sent the payment on time.They claim it was late by 1 day and charged a 39.99 late fee.39.99 on a 19.95 charge.When I contacted them they were rude and said I was late and I had to pay it.I contacted them 2 more times and they got more nasty every time.I canceled the card and sent the "late charge" in full today.I am guessing I will get another bill with some trumped up interest charge next month.Do not get a credit card from this place!I have never paid anything late ever.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   Brigitte 0 Votes
This bank started with a 0% rate that was adjusted to 15.99% after several months. I called to close the account; it was adjusted to 13.99% - not much better, but I was told freezing the account would not protect me from rate increases on the remaining balance (I was going thru a divorce and had, unfortunately, used this card quite a bit). Not two months later, they adjusted my rate again to 24.99% (even though I pay online, always a few days before it is due and always more than the minimum payment)...the 'new rate' pushed me over the limit, as well as get me dinged with a $39.00 fee. If I only paid the minimum balance, I would not even cover the NEW finance charge, hence more fees...Juniper Bank is CREDIT CARD HELL.

Simple Ways to Save $1,000