logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Ron Stein
This scammed must go to jail!
2. (4 mins ago)
North Star Alarm Services
Contract cancelling
3. (11 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (16 mins ago)

JP Morgan Chase

Posted:    Concerned in NC

Refinance Mortgage

North Carolina
A friend has been going thru refinance with JP Morgan Chase since January, with an existing mortgage with the company. There has been ongoing communication with the refinance for a few months, with glitches in paperwork that included agreement that a couple of thousand dollars would be returned to the refinancee; when papers were brought for signature, there were conflicting statements in paperwork and a request for a couple hundred to finalize the loan. There seems to be something unethical and/or fraudulent about the path of this refinance. The final act that convinces me of this: Chase notifies my friend that the home is in "default" status. What is baffling about this situation is that the mortage company was informed about the refinance, the existing mortgage and refinance is the same company and prior payments to the company have been timely. Has something like this happened to others in NC. The next course of action is to contact Senator and Atty General, but sheesh ... in this economy, why are these companies still bent on wrecking the lives of US comsumers. I am hopeful that there is miscommunication that can be resolved quickly in the next few days, but this has been a nightmare for a friend that has already had a stroke in the last 12 months. I'd hate for the unnecessary stress to cause the onset of another.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009 by   DeAnn Larson 0 Votes
I have belonged to Washington Mutual for several years, and have a accounts with them. Yesterday I took in a Collections draft for mineral oil and gas lease form Montana, and I was informed that they do not do that anymore. Now I have to try and find another bank that does it. This makes it very inconvenient for me as most of our accounts are with Washington Mutual. Do you have any insight on this. The draft if from Loan Tree Energy, and what do I do now. Guess that is why you do not have all of your eggs in one basket.

DeAnn M. Larson
Email address: deelarson@wavecable.com

We went to the Washington Mutual on Sedgwick, and Bethel in Port Orchard, WA.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   Disappointed in Maryland 0 Votes
I tried to refinance my existing mortgage with J.P. Morgan Chase. I wanted to combine my first and second mortgage to get a lower mortgage rate and to lower my payments. I was told this should be no problem. I jumped through every hoop they asked. I was told my loan was approved and just needed the approval of the underwriter. I did not think that was a big deal because JP Morgan Chase owned my property. The only excuse they could come up with to deny my refinance was "They did not like the bank that own my ground rent". My ground on which my property is located is only worth $2000.00. In my opinion the bank would lose money if they refinance both loans together. The second mortgage was a revolving loan, which you could never see the balance decrease. I was so devistated with all that I went through, 3 property assessments, credit reports, documentations, and going through an emotional roller coaster. I am in the process of having my mortgage refinanced through another institution, no problem.

FedEx Commercial with John Moschitta