logo

Charlene from blemish free
scam owner
3. (2 mins ago)
storereps.com
Fraudulent charges and I want to stop it
4. (2 mins ago)
GMC Fence
Fence not build.. He is fraud.
5. (9 mins ago)
TJX Companies
Sexual harassment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

john christner trucking, Sapulpa, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - rude to drivers

john christner trucking Contacts & Informations

john christner trucking

Posted:    Moondoggie

rude to drivers

John Christner Trucking
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
In 13 yrs of OTR, I have never experienced such rude and demeaning behavior, directed at truck drivers, as I have with John Christner Trucking. From the initial orientation, when the presenters were condescending, impatient, and disdainful to the tentative drivers, to the shop, to the driver managers, this place is the truck driver's enemy and should be avoided AT ALL COSTS!! I consider myself a mature, professional, and experienced driver, with a great safety record, as well as someone with a customer service background, with a lot of PR training. Yet, even with all the efforts I made to try and fit in and get along with the staff here, it proved in vain. I believe, if a person like me cannot coexist with these people, no one can!!! I am very laid back and easy going, however, when I have a complaint, or an issue that needs to be resolved, a company, worth it's oats, should help me to do so. It's one thing to say you have an "open door" policy. It's quite another to act as if you do. John Christner Trucking does not have this!! They treat drivers like children. They take your complaints as if they were winings from a cry baby. They have a good old boys club here, that only serves to support their own, circle the wagons, and protect each other to all extents of their power. If you have any complaints or issues that you are bothered with and would like to address them with your driver manager, or even go further up the ladder, they will pull out the, "well I have known this person for 22 yrs, and have never had a single complaint about him" card!! Names to remember, who will screw you any chance they get here: Keith Salley(DM Supervisor), Royce Sharpe(Personal Driver Liason to/from the Shop), Sheila Bane(LP Contracts), Jerry Gomez(VP Operations), and Marty Means(Keith's Supervisor). In addition, as if that's not enough, their lease sucks!! For a truck I had, that they even agreed was appraised at $85, 000, after my lease would be up in 4.5 yrs, would have cost me $132, 000!!! Most drivers don't count up the annotated payments and total the cost out, but I did. Additionally, my truck, which their budget chart on their website bases itself as getting 6 mpg, for all the other figures to fall in line, only got 4.5-5.0 mpg, and that's with my averaging 60 mph. Thus, on a 3200 mi week, in which they promised a take home of $1225, after all expenses, I was lucky to get $700, and that's with my not withholding taxes for quarterly filing. Also, my truck, a 2007 International 9300, had ac failure within 2 wks of being issued to me, and last week had all my coolant leak out of a gigantic hole in the engine block!! CON MEN!!!
Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More john christner trucking complaints
john christner trucking - TRYING TO GET PAID

Comments

22nd of May, 2012 by   wife of driver -1 Votes
to girls play. i am with you on this. My husband has been with JCT since 2007/2008. It is one rip off after another. They are scum. I could go on and on about how the ones in the office do everything they can to ruin you and keep you from making money. When that doesn't work then watch out for the shop. Yes they are a rip off. And yes Royce is a jerk. Shannon, sheila marty all of them are jerks. They force you to do repairs in the shop and fix what isn't broke and break what will make them some extra bucks. They keep your maintenance so that you are in the hole. When you get close to paying off your truck they are constantly on you to trade it in and start over with a new truck and a new lease, Oh did I mention that when a driver walks away from the lease they go over the truck find out what is wrong with it, "say" they fix it and charge that driver. Then they put the truck back in the bullring and watch out new driver because they hadn't fixed that truck let you get out on the road and oops guess what?? Thats right it needs repairs so bend over cuz you are about to take it ...well I am sure everyone knows what I am getting at. So not only do they get $ from the previous driver but they are now collecting from the new driver. They treat their drivers like crap yet without these drivers how would they get loads delivered and their paychecks???? Try to get home ha what a laugh. and then once they do get home how many of you drivers have to driver 3 weeks to get caught up again to maybe get $200- 500 finally??? This is not mis-management on my husbands part he has driven OR for well over 20 years. Its really sad when the drivers cant afford to come home after being out for 4 or 5 wks. yes 4 or 5 wks. The new e-logs are a joke. And amazing how they have a habit of hiring unexperienced drivers...can we say gee thats more $ in their banks because every sucker they get to take the hook they WILL profit from.
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   tmckay -1 Votes
DO NOT CONSIDER JOHN CHRISTNER FOR A WORKABLE OPTION TO TRUCK OWNERSHIP!!
I spent 4 yrs and 9 months trying to make it work, spent no extra money, on time deliveries, a good driver with 19 yrs. and 2.8 million miles under my belt.
Year 1 cleared about $45K, down year 2 and 3 to $25K in year 4. Traded up for new truck with e-logs and lowered my fuel cost by 20% but lowered my mileage so I still only cleared on average of $415 per week for 12 weeks.
During this time the owner increased his wealth substantually and early this year bought TWO CUSTOM CHOPPERS to go with the others he already had at a reported cost of $150, 000 each... I am the man working for his company, living in a rented mobile home and not able to develop the home site I purchased and he is buying $300, 000 worth of TOYS!!
The on hold 'slush' about all John Christner is states "John Christner cares about family..." Yes he does "HIS OWN" surely not his employees or Lease Operators as he likes to call them.
This company does not care at all for the Drivers it has, they just want to process more drivers thru orientation to put butts in the seat.
If you have no home and want a truck to live in, you might consider them but I know i would not recommend it.
signed
ROYALY SCREWED
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   stul1 0 Votes
Let me tell you one thing about this so called JCT who claims to treat their drivers fair, let me go on the record and tell you all that is so much bullcrap, they had me set to fail since day one. All the information i submitted to them, they got it all wrong from day one and never bother to correct any of it until problems started to occur. They send me load offers, and we all know that if the truck is not running the qualcomm goes on and off periodically, and then in return they call them selves contacting me by my phone which they never bothered to correct. for the entire time i was there. It gets pretty dam frustrating when you keep repeating the same problem and it is never resolved, then they make like i am not to get up set because of their negligence i miss loads. which means i have to sit wasting time, making no money. I spoke to a driver that drove for JCT, and he warned me not to go drive for them, i wish i had listened.
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   stul1 -1 Votes
If you are fairly new in the trucking industry, do not go to JCT starting out. Be cause if you go their and you make any mistakes, they will destroy your reputation and ruin your career and your just getting started.
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   e-star 0 Votes
Wow lots negative well are they money making company or what dollar sighn talk for me all I care they say what want longs I make money
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   Tannes -1 Votes
Is Burger King Still Hiring?
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   been ripoff and telling the truth 0 Votes
all the negative things are absolutely true what a scamm this company belongs shut down and they belong in jail they are a public danger and pray on hard working people there liars and cheats
 30th of Sep, 2012 by   The Rebel65 0 Votes
Moondog, i was considering "lease purchase" with JCT but after reading so many negative reports now I wonder!!! You say you are leased with a good company, are there any way you could share the name of the company? I would like to talk to them on a possible lease with them... Jeff''s report seem good, although he and one more report was the only positive ones, so now I think I may not go to JCT but would like to get the name of a good company. I do understand all companies do have quirks, but so many as I have read about with JCT??? And the same names keep appearing with different reports, must be something to it. I have been in the truckling business for28 years.
The Rebel
 18th of Oct, 2012 by   mrphy2243 +2 Votes
I have been driving a truck for 15 years and the one thing that i can say about trucking is that there are no trucking companies that are perfect. Every trucking company will have there bad stuff, and their good stuff. The difference between the good and the bad is what you make of it. If you go into a trucking company expecting to be told the truth then you need to find a different business to go into. Recruiters are their to get you into orientation, and orientation is their to get you into the truck, but it is up to you whether you want to stay or go. In every trucking company you will run into dispatchers who will blantantly lie to you and then you have dispatchers who tries to walk around the truth hoping you will buy what they are selling. But again it is up to you whether you want to take it to heart and start comnplaining about something that will never change or you can let it go in one ear and out the other. For every person who is complaining about JCT you need to take a look at other companies because they are no different. No, i do not work for JCT. I hope you can find peace within yourself, because life is too short to be so upset.
 1st of Nov, 2012 by   countryguy14 0 Votes
well nothing against jeff but they must have had better trucks to choose from cause i just went thru orientation and the way that they do it is by how you score on the smith test that they give you. Then you have 5 minutes to pick out a truck that you cant even start until after you pick it out and you dont even get to test drive until after you have signed the lease and your going back to the hotel to get your stuff and be dispatched. I had first pick in our class so i picked a prostar because i had to pick something. the windshield is broke and webbing in 4 places.I requested a new one, no deal. requested a detail, they sprayed some cleaner on the floor thats it. ask them to bomb the truck with something to get rid of the cigarette smell. nope didnt do that either. and they said that the truck had just been serviced but the oil was really black.guess i was fortunate to only have 400, 500 miles on my truck because one guy in the class had to take a freightliner with over 800, 000 miles on it. but hey they said he could upgrade to a better truck after 90 days. so is that like 12 payments wasted on a truck that he was told he had to take. and what gets me with alot of these companies, shippers and recievers is how they treat us drivers. why do we have to kiss their butt? if it wasnt for us they wouldnt be sitting on theirs getting paid.I would love to see every truckdriver in the country park their rigs for 3 days just to see how many trucking companies and shippers and recievers wud change thier tune. if truckers wanted to do this they could control this industry.
 1st of Nov, 2012 by   countryguy14 0 Votes
well if you are going to go there ask them how you pick out the truck that you are going to have to pay for. If you do ask them i think you will be very surprised on how they do it.
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   truckers liberty alliance 0 Votes
well, can tell ya this i am glad that i never got the chance to drive for them, i have a very clean record, good csa, no moving violations, no accidents. and they up and said i was not a fit for the company just because i asked how many titles had they handed out in the past 3 years of the trucks they leased. that tells you alot of how good the program is. MPG helps but its not a big factor, its all about running, miles miles miles. and the condition of your truck. I ran a volvo for a company and it was a truck that would run 105 mph if you wanted it to but i wouldnt advise it, and i would run 70-75mph all the time and it was a volvo motor a 435, and i would still get 6.2-6.4 on a good day, but if i had the box full on a 40lbs load i could still run 72mph and still run a 6.0 or 5.9mpg, the faster you can pick it up will be the faster you will get it there, and those miles add up with time. iv been doing this 14 years and its not first run. AND far as JCT, i know what you mean there complete assholes, and most of there drivers fit there profile thats why they take up for them, and of course if i was getting screwed on a lease when i was told by 1 million drivers dont do it, i would say im doing good cause no one dont like to hear i told ya so... Just go to there facebook, count how many drivers got a title, and how many trucks do they have? that tells ya!

Look on rippoffreports.com, you have more than enough proof to tell ya dont trust them, They didnt want me cause i wanted to fax off my lease to my attorney to do a look over, i was told we dont have time for that, , like the other driver said.. they rush ya, and treat ya like a baby... Whats wrong with getting a document looked at if im going to put my name on it.. proove me wrong, let my lawyer look at it... I tell ya what it got me... They told me i wasnt a fit for the company, , , Hmmmm and there turn over rate isnt what they say, if they have 30- 40 drivers a week in orentation a week, and they have only 1000 trucks if that, there turnover is 50%, do the math ...
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   truckers liberty alliance 0 Votes
go to Truckers Libertyalliance on facebook, join and help up crack down on worthless companys... oh the rate for completing the lease with JCT is about 5 a year from what i can get,

I talked with some of there drivers and 1 said its ok if you want to get a truck with bad credit, and others say they wished they stayed where they was at before as a company driver... remeber if you put your name down on a truck for over 100 grand and its only worth 60-65 thousand, then its legal.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   orlando mattey 0 Votes
Thank you all for the information I was thing of going to JCT but I'll visit 1st.and look around and I will have my lawyer on speed dial .No !!! signing until I get the ok from my lawyer.I will fly to JCT and have am open ticket. Again Thank you all . my name is Orlando from fl.
 26th of May, 2013 by   bush tajj 0 Votes
if you think jct lease is bad then i guess you should try crst or jb hunt lease they will leave you seating in the truck stop with no money, you should complain about miles not repair and orientation, this is your truck you driving it then you have to repair it, i leased truck before with usx and when the truck break down i ask them to fix everything because i want it to pass dot inspections, and ps: the companey is charging you for maitenance then use it
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   it must be the hat 0 Votes
it must have been the hat...I attended orientation tis past june at jct...I have been. driving for 14yrs ...my csa score is 0..haven't had a ticket in the last 7yrs, knock on wood..well my experience at jct was unexpected if I must say.. I was terminated because I failed the road test..I was told. I was told by the safety person that I did not come to a complete stop, when I exited the jct gate..mind u there is no stop sign..so I yeld and proceeded nothing was coming anyway..then as where driving..I was told I'm tailgateing and I had to be at least a football field lenth following distance...I replied ok sr, then I was told I was speeding doing a 55 in a 45, while running a yellow light..mind u.it was a caution light..I asked to be retested the reply was no...and sent home
 10th of Jul, 2014 by   psds 0 Votes
my husband drove for John christner twice. He had his ups and downs with the company. As a driver's wife. My advice is do your research first and know what your doing before you become a lease purchase operator.
 26th of Jul, 2014 by   Teeeance Lartigue 0 Votes
my name is Terrance Lartigue. I have been with (JCT) for 1 year and 3 months i drove L2774 for over 1 year and 1 month everything was fine until June 2, 2014 the right super single blow out on the drives and the rim caught on fire wild I was pulling over. I try to pull the fire out with the fire extinguisher could not. I called JCT they told me that they was going to put me in a hotel and send me back to the yard to get another truck. 2 hours later John Mollory, called me and told me that they was going to send me home. I have to wait for 30 days for the fire report comes back, if it was not my fault I can come back. Knight transportation hire me and went to orientation knight came up to me and told me that they can't hire me because John Christner sent a report back to us. Knight Transportation gave me a copy and it said i was Discharge on June 2, 2014 and the fire was my fault that the truck and trailer had burned up. JCT gave false statements to knight Transportation and other Company I have apply for. the fire report did not came back yet and they was telling all these company false statements, about me. June 20, 2014 the fire investigator called me and told me that he just finishing the fire report and be sending to JCT. fire investigator told me that i the fire was not my fault. super single tire was very bad. June 30, 2014 I called john mollory and ask him that they get the fire report back? he said yes a mater fact I did get it Terrance. I told him ok send me copy of the fire report. also send me a copy where it say you can take $2000.00 for the trailer and cargo. and send me copys of the insurance paid out for my truck since I'm paying on the insurance on it every week. He was mad all he can say are you through yet. 5 hours later john mollory told me to call Shannon Crawley its out of his hand now. I called Shannon and request the same thing he told me we are not going to give you anything, go get attorney. I'm going after JCT and Three Diamond leasing. you have rights what ever state you live in. If your mail is going to your home or a P.O box in your state you can sue John Christner Trucking in your state because that is where is base out of. I'm going federal court on they asses. they push alot of driver around not this time. civil suit them business to business because that is your business as John Christner the owner told me on June 2, 2014. and that what I'm doing.

Saving on Spring Break