logo

Jim Walter Homes

Posted:    Ruthie

Con Artist

Jim Walter Homes
I like the first complaint I read was mislead by the representative into thinking I could afford the paymebts. Finally after getting the paperwork completed it took forever for them to get started on the house. Then they threw it up so fast that I knew I would have problems and sure enough I did. It rained during the building and they didn't let the ground dry and settle before continuing so as a result the house shifted causing problems with the foundation such as doors not closing and cracks in the wall. Their comment was foundation problem not their problem. Then they decided that my insurance wasn't good enough so they force placed insurance on my house causing my payments to go even higher to the point I couldn't afford but still I struggle to keep the house. All the while them calling and harrassing me talking about foreclosure. Then when I managed to work with my insurance company to correct the insurance problem. They told me it still wasnn't good enough. I'm still struggling to pay for the home but only because my dead husband worked so hard for that property and because that is where he died, otherwise I would have give up a long time ago. They have made my life a living hell almost to point of a nervous breakdown. So next buyer beware.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2009 by   TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK 0 Votes
Ruthie
We are in the same boat I am hoping that you will join us and help yourself make these people stop the way they man handlepeople and stop their henchmen from treating us badly
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   phillis55 0 Votes
We bought a house in oct 2009 and have had nothing but hell from these people.They didnt go to a title company to close or have a lawyer with us.We were told our payments would be 825.00 plus insurane and taxes which made it around 1200 a mnth.Now we got a letter saying something about the taxes and now it jumped to 1414.00 a mnth.My husband is in the oil buisness and now that obama shut the rigs down his work has been slow.We got behind a note and they have done nothing but call and say there going to foreclose have people knock on the door ect..We talked to some man on the phone who by the way was VERY rude to tell him we would make it up before i next payment was due.He said express pay now or we will foreclose the home..How can you foreclose on someone who is not even a mnth behind yet??This is not a true mortgage so buyers beware..Im taking my paper work to a lawyer to look at to see what can be done..

Grandparent Scams